Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW:Victor and Vivian Wed; June 1st issue; article summary
Topic Started: May 20 2010, 01:29 PM (2,537 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

Vivian finally gets her man when Victor begrudgingly exchanges “I do’s” with her.

“He’s marrying her to control her, which, of course, is impossible,” chuckles Louise. “Victor knows Vivian wants to kill Carly, and that would hurt Bo. By marrying Vivian, Victor’s hoping to calm her down. He’s making a deal with her: I’ll marry you, if you stop going after Carly.”

The big event kicks off when Vivian summons family and friends to the Kiriakis mansion through text messages. Louise says, “She uses Henderson’s phone, because she knows no one would show up if she texted them. They think there’s something wrong with Victor – that he die or something horrible happened to him.” When Victor comes into the room and asks what they are all doing there, Vivian announces that she summoned them there because she and Victor are getting married that day.

Needless to say, the news doesn’t go down well. “There isn’t anyone who wants him to marry Vivian. Victor has a snit-fit. He knew they were going to get married, but he didn’t have any idea it was going to be today. But it’s all been planned. The chairs are set up. There are flowers there, “ says Louise.

The guest are all ready to bolt. Meanwhile, Maggie, who realizes Victor is only marrying Vivian to protect his family, has a warm moment with him, which Vivian interrupts. “Victor’s been spending quite a bit of time with Maggie on a charity project, and Vivian doesn’t like it one bit, “ sniffs Louise. “She doesn’t trust the situation at all.”

Nevertheless, Maggie offers the couple her best wishes and the ceremony begins with all the guests actually staying. When the justice of the peace asks if anyone has just cause why they shouldn’t be married, Victor announces that he has something to say. “He says he knows everyone is horrified that he’s marrying this woman who has them all such pain. And Vivian is mortified,” says Louise. The ceremony goes on.“Victor sort of throws the ring at Vivian and grumbles his way through the whole thing, “ chuckles Louise. After they are announced husband and wife, Victor says he needs a drink and walks away. Vivian goes chasing after him. It’s a farce.

The farce only gets worse for Vivian, when Victor leaves the reception to talk to Maggie. “Who wouldn’t feel mortified?” asks Louise. “It doesn’t get any worse than having your husband walk out to go see another woman on your wedding night. She’s pretty undone by all of it.”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

This sounds hilarious and dreadful all at the same time. Days hasn't had something like this in a long time.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

This actually sounds funny and I guess it's that promo we saw with all his wives...

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Keith
May 20 2010, 01:41 PM
This sounds hilarious and dreadful all at the same time.
Yeah, I'm kind of leaning towards "dreadful." I'd like for it to be hilarious, but I really do like Vivian and I don't want her humiliated and I love Victor but don't care for him in grumpy misogynist mode. So, in a clever writer's hands this could be so engaging but . . . we don't have any of those. They can come up with the occasional funny line but that's it.

Alligato
Member Avatar

So does Vivian start messing with Maggie?
This actually sounds pretty good!

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

I guess we can now add Maggie to Vivian's hit list, meaning Maggie will be yet another suspect when Viv ends up murdered. That's so obviously where this will eventually go. I love Louise Sorel, but Vivian has become so over-the-top evil this go-round, it begs for a good murder mystery. Here's hoping!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This sounds great!

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Sounds very interesting, I like this new triangle of Viv, Vic and Maggie.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I can't wait for this! It sounds hilarious. :lol:

I just really can't wait to see all of Victor's ex-wives in the same room. That's going to be a hoot.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sounds fun. Thanks Angie!

Schumi_F1

This is going to be so deliciously hilarious. i have a reason to watch DAYS.
love Louise/vivian and Victor/JA.
if only Vivian buries Maggie alive or dead next to her husband Mickey.

thanks for posting.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

LS signed a one year contract and I do believe that we are coming up to that one year. I really hope that they don't re-sign her. It has nothing to do with her, but they have made this character such a bust this go around.

Kenny
Member Avatar

talbab1994
May 20 2010, 08:59 PM
LS signed a one year contract and I do believe that we are coming up to that one year. I really hope that they don't re-sign her. It has nothing to do with her, but they have made this character such a bust this go around.
I hope they keep Louise. I love her and she's one of the bright spots of the show for me, despite the shoddy writing. IMO, they should fire the writers and hire a talented visionary or two who might actually know how to do Vivian justice.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I wish I could just enjoy the fun frivolity of all of this, but I don't think Victor or Vivian are being written in character at all.

A year ago Victor was so badass he was kidnapping Stefano and going to deny him life-saving medication to blackmail EJ into signing over all the DiMera business enterprises and now Victor is such a wuss he can't think of any way to handle Vivian save agreeing to marry her? And if he is making this agreement to marry her solely as a means to control her and keep her at bay regarding his family, then why isn't he even making an effort to pretend he's interested in her to kind of mollify her and keep her occupied so she has no time to scheme? I just don't get it.

jackie1133

Alligato
May 20 2010, 03:01 PM
So does Vivian start messing with Maggie?
This actually sounds pretty good!
My question, exactly. Maybe Maggie is the one that need to start shaking in her boots. I like Viv/Vic/Maggie too! Thanks for posting...

lili
Member Avatar

This sounds good. I love the way they use Victor for sarcastic humor and he should have it in spades w/this wedding to Viv.

uclan
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 20 2010, 09:05 PM
talbab1994
I hope they keep Louise. I love her and she's one of the bright spots of the show for me, despite the shoddy writing. IMO, they should fire the writers and hire a talented visionary or two who might actually know how to do Vivian justice.
That would be/shoulld be you, Kenny :rockon:

catsmeouch

talbab1994
I agree. The Vivian of 2009-10 is nowhere near as entertaining as the Vivian of 1992-99. She just doesn't fit with the show anymore.

P.S. They should have brought back Ivan instead of bringing on Gus.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply