Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD:Shane is back!; June 1st issue; article summary
Topic Started: May 20 2010, 02:19 PM (4,717 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

Charles Shaughnessy returns to DAYS this week, marking his first visit since 2002.

“It was so much fun," he raves. "I didn’t quite know what to expect, but I have to say, it was really fun to be back, and reconnecting with the old gang was really nice.”

Viewers will first see him in a South American jail cell with Rafe, but his comeback will ultimately bring him back to Salem. Charles says, “They were making inquiries all around Alice’s memorial service and I said I would love to do it. I didn’t want to go back just to be a body at the memorial service so they could do a big photo of everyone and make it a publicity stunt. I thought it wouldn’t have been respectful, capitalizing on a really sad thing, and secondly, it wouldn’t be worthwhile doing. And they said, ‘Fair enough, we’ll build a little story,’ and I guess they thought there was an opportunity to tie up some loose ends."

He says taping the memorial service was a happy reunion and it was great to see everyone. He enjoyed working with Galen Gering too. “The jail scenes are really fun, old Shane stuff, punching out guards,“ he smiles. “I told them, ‘I’m not going to be able to leap across the room and knock out a guard quite as quickly as I used to.’ As far as Galen was concerned, it was just this old guy in the prison in South America. We had a great time, sort of old guard and new guard. He’s a great guy.”

Charles says he’d be open to a daytime comeback. “Sure! It’s a great gig,” he notes. “Daytime would be a fun thing to do, whether it’s DAYS or another show. The right character, something fun to do and the right story, why not?”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Angie79
May 20 2010, 02:19 PM
Please link to DR.

Charles Shaughnessy returns to DAYS this week, marking his first visit since 2002.

“It was so much fun, he raves. I didn’t quite know what to expect, but I have to say, it was really fun to be back, and reconnecting with the old gang was really nice.”

Viewers will first see him in a South American jail cell with Rafe, but his comeback will ultimately bring him back to Salem. Charles says, “They were making inquiries all around Alice’s memorial service and I said I would love to do it. I didn’t want to go back just to be a body at the memorial service so they could do a big photo of everyone and make it a publicity stunt. I thought it wouldn’t have been respectful, capitalizing on a really sad thing, and secondly, it wouldn’t be worthwhile doing. And they said, ‘Fair enough, we’ll build a little story,’ and I guess they thought there was an opportunity to tie up some loose ends.

He says taping the memorial service was a happy reunion and it was great to see everyone. He enjoyed working with Galen Gering too. “The jail scenes are really fun, old Shane stuff, punching out guards, “ he smiles. “I told them, ‘I’m not going to be able to leap across the room and knock out a guard quite as quickly as I used to.’ As far as Galen was concerned, it was just this old guy in the prison in South America. We had a great time, sort of old guard and new guard. He’s a great guy.”

Charles says he’d be open to a daytime comeback. “Sure! It’s a great gig,” he notes. “Daytime would be a fun thing to do, whether it’s DAYS or another show. The right character, something fun to do and the right story, why not?”
The matured Spy & the arrogant Agent... Oh, I can't wait.... punching out guys, maybe blazing guns... I'll be on the ground cooing!
Edited by crookedhalo, May 20 2010, 02:24 PM.

robolynn

Angie79

Oh, please, please, Days!!!!!

samixxx
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
May 20 2010, 02:24 PM
Angie79
Please link to DR.

“It was so much fun, he raves. I didn’t quite know what to expect, but I have to say, it was really fun to be back, and reconnecting with the old gang was really nice.”

Viewers will first see him in a South American jail cell with Rafe, but his comeback will ultimately bring him back to Salem. Charles says, “They were making inquiries all around Alice’s memorial service and I said I would love to do it. I didn’t want to go back just to be a body at the memorial service so they could do a big photo of everyone and make it a publicity stunt. I thought it wouldn’t have been respectful, capitalizing on a really sad thing, and secondly, it wouldn’t be worthwhile doing. And they said, ‘Fair enough, we’ll build a little story,’ and I guess they thought there was an opportunity to tie up some loose ends.

He says taping the memorial service was a happy reunion and it was great to see everyone. He enjoyed working with Galen Gering too. “The jail scenes are really fun, old Shane stuff, punching out guards, “ he smiles. “I told them, ‘I’m not going to be able to leap across the room and knock out a guard quite as quickly as I used to.’ As far as Galen was concerned, it was just this old guy in the prison in South America. We had a great time, sort of old guard and new guard. He’s a great guy.”

The matured Spy & the arrogant Agent... Oh, I can't wait.... punching out guys, maybe blazing guns... I'll be on the ground cooing!
"The matured Spy and the arrogant agent", I love that.

I loved reading this interview and I am so excited to see this on screen. Sounds like they had lots of fun taping, and I will keep my fingers crossed for a longer comeback.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I just loved Shane! The original hot Brit! I so look forward to his scenes with GG too!
THanks for posting!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I'd love for them to find a way to bring him back for a longer period of time. Shane was one of my original Soap crushes. :wub:

I still think it's a pity they are using him to prop the character of Rafe, though. And I almost dread seeing GG trying to keep up in their scenes. Here's hoping CS won't fall in to the trap of feeling he has to act for the both of them. :shame:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

:cheer: Even if the story sucks I'll be happy to see him!

Thanks for posting!

anya
Member Avatar

Hey Shayne, leave Rafe in the cell! K. Thanks.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm guessing the story they built for him was Kim and Shane's reunion since he referred to loose ends being tied up.

I love Shane and CS and can't wait for this but I wasn't in love with CS's comments. Actually, I was with him on not making it a publicity stunt and all but the way it was said made it come off like he wouldn't return just to honor Alice. He wanted more to do then that and the show built up a story just for him in order to snag him. I'm not sure I like that because it comes off like he couldn't just come back for the tribute. That bothered me a little. Maybe it's just me.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

anya
May 20 2010, 03:25 PM
Seriously!! :P

I HATE that Shane is going to be tainted by the boringness that is Rafe.

I'll probably enjoy him more once he's back in Salem and hopefully reuniting with Kim! :wub:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

PhoenixRising05
May 20 2010, 03:39 PM
I'm guessing the story they built for him was Kim and Shane's reunion since he referred to loose ends being tied up.

I love Shane and CS and can't wait for this but I wasn't in love with CS's comments. Actually, I was with him on not making it a publicity stunt and all but the way it was said made it come off like he wouldn't return just to honor Alice. He wanted more to do then that and the show built up a story just for him in order to snag him. I'm not sure I like that because it comes off like he couldn't just come back for the tribute. That bothered me a little. Maybe it's just me.
Funny. His comments bugged me, but they didn't make me upset with CS. It's just depressing that it had to take prodding from CS for the TPTB to come to the conclusion that it was a bad idea just to bring all these people back randomly and not tie it into anything having to do with the canvas or give them their own stories at all as part of this.

And I don't think it's an insult to Alice or Frances Reid if CS wanted more for his return than just posing for a picture and standing around a grave. I mean if TPTB had said no to CS, then so what? It's not like Shane Donovan was Alice's son, grandson, best friend or husband or something and his return was going to make or break a tribute to Alice Horton.
Edited by IMissAremid, May 20 2010, 03:56 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
May 20 2010, 03:55 PM
PhoenixRising05
May 20 2010, 03:39 PM

Funny. His comments bugged me, but they didn't make me upset with CS. It's just depressing that it had to take prodding from CS for the TPTB to come to the conclusion that it was a bad idea just to bring all these people back randomly and not tie it into anything having to do with the canvas or give them their own stories at all as part of this.

And I don't think it's an insult to Alice or Frances Reid if CS wanted more for his return than just posing for a picture and standing around a grave. I mean if TPTB had said no to CS, then so what? It's not like Shane Donovan was Alice's son, grandson, best friend or husband or something and his return was going to make or break a tribute to Alice Horton.
Very good point, IMA.

It would not have been devastating if he said no since he isn't much to Alice besides a friend. Maybe that was where he was coming from on it. I don't think it's ever a bad idea to randomly bring people back. You can't give everyone who returns a story but you can utilize them in other ways besides what they are being brought back for. We already know it seems like Jennifer is used with Carly, Bo, and Hope. Carrie seems to get alot of interaction with her family. I think the show did fine interacting the returnees more then what would be required of them for the Alice memorial.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

anya
LOL, sounds great and I love CS, can't wait to see the scenes.

mirabella

I love Shane and am so looking forward to the scenes with Rafe in the SA jail. Sounds like fun. Yay for Shane and Rafe.....Shafe!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Can't wait for Shaughnessy's return. I knew he wasn't up for just a brief cameo appearance, which is pretty much what his 2002 return was. It didn't last long at all and that probably pissed him off. It sounds like the show gave him more to do this time, which is why he agreed to return. I do hope we get some closure between Shane and Kimberly. When Kim came home back in 2008, I don't think they said anything about her husband (Phillip), so as far as we're concerned, she's single.

catsmeouch

"Tie up some loose ends" = Kim and Shane reunion!!!!!!

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

anya
Yes please leave that loser in the cell!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
May 20 2010, 04:22 PM
Can't wait for Shaughnessy's return. I knew he wasn't up for just a brief cameo appearance, which is pretty much what his 2002 return was. It didn't last long at all and that probably pissed him off. It sounds like the show gave him more to do this time, which is why he agreed to return.
His return in 2002 was never supposed to be longer. It was actually supposed to be shorter.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I would LOVE to see Shane back too. The problem I have is that Days brings back characters and doesn't use them. They're doing it now with Justin and Adrienne. Why bring back characters is you're not going to use them? That would be my fear in bringing back Shane.

Taelyn

talbab1994
May 21 2010, 10:54 AM
I would LOVE to see Shane back too. The problem I have is that Days brings back characters and doesn't use them. They're doing it now with Justin and Adrienne. Why bring back characters is you're not going to use them? That would be my fear in bringing back Shane.
Because Whitesell/Tomlin must be on vacation or something we have known for years that not only cant higley write anything good. She cant write multiple stories within stories.
The writing took a drastic bad turn these last few months.. something had to happen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply