Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Best behind the scenes drama?
Topic Started: May 21 2010, 12:44 AM (82,015 Views)
Sindacco
Member Avatar

Paxton
Aug 10 2010, 09:10 AM
My speculation has always been that Alison was pissed that after nearly two years of front-burner EJ/Sami/Lucas triangulation, both men were moving on with other women and that Sami looked like oldSami, not being able to keep a man. There was a very clear directional shift around the time it got out that her pregnancy was being written in. So anything she was writing, apparently with the collaboration of Ed Scott, was probably not on screen until August, when suddenly Lucas and EJ started being up her ass again (to be followed shortly by Rafe). I know Ed has frequently been credited for the two weeks of hospital lockdown, though I have no idea whether that's true.
I also heard she rewrote the scenes when Sami had a foodfight with Chloe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Sindacco
Aug 10 2010, 11:12 AM
Paxton
My speculation has always been that Alison was pissed that after nearly two years of front-burner EJ/Sami/Lucas triangulation, both men were moving on with other women and that Sami looked like oldSami, not being able to keep a man. There was a very clear directional shift around the time it got out that her pregnancy was being written in. So anything she was writing, apparently with the collaboration of Ed Scott, was probably not on screen until August, when suddenly Lucas and EJ started being up her ass again (to be followed shortly by Rafe). I know Ed has frequently been credited for the two weeks of hospital lockdown, though I have no idea whether that's true.
lol...so she wouldn't be caught with too much food on her? Why would she re-write those scenes?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 10 2010, 11:14 AM
Sindacco
Aug 10 2010, 11:12 AM
Paxton
lol...so she wouldn't be caught with too much food on her? Why would she re-write those scenes?
I don't think it was supposed to be a food fight, just an argument but I guess AS wanted to play with food.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bubbles

Actually Kirsten Storms was off during the SSK storyline because she was filming Zenon:Z3. Whether she's difficult to work with or not idk. She seems somewhat down to earth but from following her on twitter, I find her annoying. Plus she seems to get along really well with Alison Sweeney which doesn't speak volumes for her in my book, because I view AS as nothing but a fame whore. I remember DOOL when it wasn't the Sami show because she's really not a very good actress.

As for Jason Cook, I have very little respect for him if he's so happy where he's at over at GH and thinks it's a real show or whatever. He's hardly on at all and is only there for A) propping other people around the hospital. and B) drawing in on the fanbase he and Kirsten had from Days. That's pretty pathetic if you ask me. And him and Farah Fath trash talking the hand that fed them publicly is real classy. Hope they never need their jobs back.

I actually was a huge Shelle fan back in the day but I think sometimes it's better to suspend belief and not know anything about the actors.
Offline Profile Goto Top

dylan76
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Aug 10 2010, 09:48 AM
Dsquared
Aug 9 2010, 01:41 PM
Ok I havent read all 21 pages, so I dont know if this is mentioned, but what about Crystal Chappell vs. Deidre Hall (Crystal supposedly left because of Dee the first time?)

Crystal did not leave because of Dee. However, it did have to do with Robert Kelker Kelly. She complained about him to the Days execs. RKK got too intense in his kissing and love scenes and took things too far. When CC complained, Days response was to fire her boyfriend Michael Sabatino (Lawrence Alamain). CC then asked to be let out of her contract and the request was granted.

Later, both Lisa Rinna and Alfonso also complained to Days execs about RKK. There was also something about Sweeney's mom not wanting her on set when RKK was around. This was the early 90s so AS was a teenager at the time. RKK was finally fired for his inappropriate behavior and Reckell came back to the show.
I can't imagine anyone complaining about Robert Kelker Kelly being too aggressive with his kissing. That dude was hot as hell & I loved his cocky attitude.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

dylan76
Sep 8 2010, 04:14 PM
dc cubs
Dsquared
Ok I havent read all 21 pages, so I dont know if this is mentioned, but what about Crystal Chappell vs. Deidre Hall (Crystal supposedly left because of Dee the first time?)

Crystal did not leave because of Dee. However, it did have to do with Robert Kelker Kelly. She complained about him to the Days execs. RKK got too intense in his kissing and love scenes and took things too far. When CC complained, Days response was to fire her boyfriend Michael Sabatino (Lawrence Alamain). CC then asked to be let out of her contract and the request was granted.

Later, both Lisa Rinna and Alfonso also complained to Days execs about RKK. There was also something about Sweeney's mom not wanting her on set when RKK was around. This was the early 90s so AS was a teenager at the time. RKK was finally fired for his inappropriate behavior and Reckell came back to the show.
I can't imagine anyone complaining about Robert Kelker Kelly being too aggressive with his kissing. That dude was hot as hell & I loved his cocky attitude.
I can see Crystal complaining about that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AidanGreensFan

dylan76
dc cubs
Dsquared

Oh he was supposed to be a real creeper - a true gross you out, inappropriate sexual advances type of guy. It was just CC who complained, but KA as well. Was it AS's mom that wouldn't let her alone on set with him or am I confusing that with another story.

He was dating Mirriam Parrish when she was underage - I think they got married right around her 18th bday or something like that...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

AidanGreensFan
Sep 8 2010, 04:23 PM
dylan76
dc cubs

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Oh he was supposed to be a real creeper - a true gross you out, inappropriate sexual advances type of guy. It was just CC who complained, but KA as well. Was it AS's mom that wouldn't let her alone on set with him or am I confusing that with another story.

He was dating Mirriam Parrish when she was underage - I think they got married right around her 18th bday or something like that...
It was Sweeney. She was wicked youg back when RKK was on. She was like a kid in 1993.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

CaseyLovesDays
Sep 8 2010, 04:25 PM
AidanGreensFan
dylan76

It was Sweeney. She was wicked youg back when RKK was on. She was like a kid in 1993.
Yep he apparently made a pass at a very teen Ali and her mom stepped in and complained to TPTB about him and she wouldn't be alone on set with him...IRL RKK ended up getting married to the girl that played Jaime (Sami's friend)
Offline Profile Goto Top

dylan76
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 8 2010, 04:46 PM
CaseyLovesDays
AidanGreensFan

Yep he apparently made a pass at a very teen Ali and her mom stepped in and complained to TPTB about him and she wouldn't be alone on set with him...IRL RKK ended up getting married to the girl that played Jaime (Sami's friend)
I did find that kinda shady that he was going after a 17 year old Miriam Parrish. But I find it extremely unlikely that he made a pass at Sweeney back then. She looked like Miss Piggy's older sister. He must have been a true creep if he went after her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

dylan76
Sep 8 2010, 04:57 PM
LuvingLumi
CaseyLovesDays

I did find that kinda shady that he was going after a 17 year old Miriam Parrish. But I find it extremely unlikely that he made a pass at Sweeney back then. She looked like Miss Piggy's older sister. He must have been a true creep if he went after her.
She didn't look that bad.

Offline Profile Goto Top

dylan76
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Sep 8 2010, 05:26 PM
dylan76
LuvingLumi

Hmmm. Speak for yourself.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Taelyn

bubbles
Sep 8 2010, 12:26 PM
Actually Kirsten Storms was off during the SSK storyline because she was filming Zenon:Z3. Whether she's difficult to work with or not idk. She seems somewhat down to earth but from following her on twitter, I find her annoying. Plus she seems to get along really well with Alison Sweeney which doesn't speak volumes for her in my book, because I view AS as nothing but a fame whore. I remember DOOL when it wasn't the Sami show because she's really not a very good actress.

As for Jason Cook, I have very little respect for him if he's so happy where he's at over at GH and thinks it's a real show or whatever. He's hardly on at all and is only there for A) propping other people around the hospital. and B) drawing in on the fanbase he and Kirsten had from Days. That's pretty pathetic if you ask me. And him and Farah Fath trash talking the hand that fed them publicly is real classy. Hope they never need their jobs back.

I actually was a huge Shelle fan back in the day but I think sometimes it's better to suspend belief and not know anything about the actors.
Lemme guess .. Disgruntled Spixie fan ??
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Drake's Back!!

CaseyLovesDays
Sep 8 2010, 05:26 PM
dylan76
LuvingLumi

I like the video at about 35 second mark! LOL ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

After the affair didn't Scott Reeves force Missy to act like a huge Christian..and everything. I also heard she had to ask for his permission to resign with Days.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Yeah, RKK was supposedly a real piece of work ... an asswipe of the first order. He was fired from Another World for his boorish behavior, then rehired after he was fired from Days. AW brought him back as a new character, and the idiot EP Jill Farren Phelps fired fan-favorite Alice Barrett (Frankie) to free up budget for him. Hack writer Maggie DePriest (a.k.a Maggot DeButcher) crafted Frankie's violent murder. It was then that AW became "The Jensen Buchanan Show" when the entire soap focused on Vicky Hudson. "Oh, who will our damsel choose...Shane "Bobby Reno" Roberts or Jake McKinnon? Oh, horrors!" Gawd those were dark days for AW, and set the stage for the show's cancellation.

RKK needs to stay in his blue collar job in Canada and never darken another daytime drama.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AidanGreensFan

CaseyLovesDays
Sep 8 2010, 06:47 PM
After the affair didn't Scott Reeves force Missy to act like a huge Christian..and everything. I also heard she had to ask for his permission to resign with Days.
Oh yes! Scott Reeves is a controlling asshole - he's had her on a leash since the affair. Although he is such a tool I'm not sure I blame her for cheating.
Offline Profile Goto Top

dylan76
Member Avatar

I love Missy, but I think if you cheat on someone you deserve to be kept on a short leash. Was he a controlling ass before the afffair? I know this much, Jason Brooks is miles hotter that Scott Reeves.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

dylan76
Sep 8 2010, 11:49 PM
I love Missy, but I think if you cheat on someone you deserve to be kept on a short leash. Was he a controlling ass before the afffair? I know this much, Jason Brooks is miles hotter that Scott Reeves.
Deserve to be kept on a short leash? Isn't it better to break up?
Offline Profile Goto Top

bubbles

Taelyn
Sep 8 2010, 06:16 PM
bubbles
Sep 8 2010, 12:26 PM

Lemme guess .. Disgruntled Spixie fan ??
Hell to the no. I hated and continue to hate even the idea of Spixie and would like nothing better than to never have to hear Spinelli speak again. I know it's a show, but I get so annoyed when I see Spinelli, I have to turn the tv off.
Offline Profile Goto Top

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic