Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Best behind the scenes drama?
Topic Started: May 21 2010, 12:44 AM (83,812 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Mitchapalooza
May 25 2010, 04:07 PM
Its one thing to hate a character (due to lazy and or poor writing) or the show for shoving them in our faces constantly, but it is another to turn all that onto the actor themselves.
Do you really think Sweeney is innocent of any attempts to increase her screentime and make Sami the star of the show? Given how much she promotes herself I don't think one needs to rely on any hearsay to conclude that she's ambitious and wants her face out there all the time. I don't necessarily have a problem with ambition, but I do resent one of the show's worst actresses getting so much burn and I don't think it's at all a stretch to think she wants as much airtime as possible. Why would it be? To me it's just naive to think that any actor wouldn't push any advantage he or she had.

I guess I just never really get how and why soap fans get so upset when the actors themselves are disliked. The only thing I can conclude is that it's because they're so low on the celebrity pile that they seem more like regular folks instead of at-arm's-length real celebrities. I also think it's partly due to the fact that soap actors are too lowly to make it (for the most part, Sweeney being an exception thanks to TBL) to the celebrity rags like People and US Weekly and the soap "press" is a complete lapdog that exists only to promote the shows and not to ever offer up any substantial criticism. I've said this before but as a sports fan, I'm very accustomed to the guys I like (and those I don't) being ripped apart, not just on message boards but on ESPN, ABC, TNT, etc. And not just for their performances on the field or on the court, but when they fuck up in their personal lives they get ripped--witness Charles Barkley's blowjob incident, Tiger's affairs, Michael Jordan's embarassing and childish Hall of Fame induction speech, Ben Roethlisberger's possible sexual assaults, as just a few examples off the top of my head. Of course, those guys are actually really famous and very highly paid, and, at least they, unlike Sweeney, have or had to produce to get paid. I'll just never understand the protectiveness that people feel for soap actors.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Paxton
May 25 2010, 06:50 PM
Mitchapalooza
Its one thing to hate a character (due to lazy and or poor writing) or the show for shoving them in our faces constantly, but it is another to turn all that onto the actor themselves.
Do you really think Sweeney is innocent of any attempts to increase her screentime and make Sami the star of the show? Given how much she promotes herself I don't think one needs to rely on any hearsay to conclude that she's ambitious and wants her face out there all the time. I don't necessarily have a problem with ambition, but I do resent one of the show's worst actresses getting so much burn and I don't think it's at all a stretch to think she wants as much airtime as possible. Why would it be? To me it's just naive to think that any actor wouldn't push any advantage he or she had.

I guess I just never really get how and why soap fans get so upset when the actors themselves are disliked. The only thing I can conclude is that it's because they're so low on the celebrity pile that they seem more like regular folks instead of at-arm's-length real celebrities. I also think it's partly due to the fact that soap actors are too lowly to make it (for the most part, Sweeney being an exception thanks to TBL) to the celebrity rags like People and US Weekly and the soap "press" is a complete lapdog that exists only to promote the shows and not to ever offer up any substantial criticism. I've said this before but as a sports fan, I'm very accustomed to the guys I like (and those I don't) being ripped apart, not just on message boards but on ESPN, ABC, TNT, etc. And not just for their performances on the field or on the court, but when they fuck up in their personal lives they get ripped--witness Charles Barkley's blowjob incident, Tiger's affairs, Michael Jordan's embarassing and childish Hall of Fame induction speech, Ben Roethlisberger's possible sexual assaults, as just a few examples off the top of my head. Of course, those guys are actually really famous and very highly paid, and, at least they, unlike Sweeney, have or had to produce to get paid. I'll just never understand the protectiveness that people feel for soap actors.
You worded this so much better than I could. I was just going to say "I do it cause I CAN!"
Seriously, it is a stretch to think that any person who promotes herself ad naseum with a thumb permanently attached to the Twittermachine as someone who is a humble innocent.This has gone back, what, 2-3 years, ever since "Scriptwriting Gate".
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Sweeney, Sweeney, Sweeney.....she's such a card.

I want more smut on the speculation that Hapka has replaced Scott as Beemer/Bjorlin's 'third'.
Online Profile Goto Top

jdawg1077

Mitchapalooza
Kenny
May 24 2010, 09:08 PM
Quote:

As for all this Alison Sweeney stuff, its all rumour and hearsay...
I don't think anyone claimed it was the indisputable truth, LoL. I certainly didn't.
Quote:

but oh wait "my reliable source" told me it was true...GMAFB...everyone on these sites seems to have a reliable source now a days
I don't blame you in the least for having doubts, but the person who told me that was a reliable source. People talk.
My problem is not so much with the fact that there are rumours like this about Alison Sweeney, but it is the general disdain and hatred that people seem to be spewing at her constantly BECAUSE of all this hearsay...it's very high school to me.

I think that is VERY unfair towards the actress, who from my own views, has done nothing publicly to warrant such attacks.

I am not Sami cheerleader nor am I a fan of how she has been written for the last few years, but I find all of this bitterness towards Sweeney to be baseless, cruel and very unfair especially considering there is no concrete proof of anything.

I feel like people are just feeding off all of this and attack her constantly for it.

Fantastic post. "It's very high school to me" is the Line of the Day in my opinion...

Back to lurking...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Like it or not, actor bashing is allowed on this board. If you don't like it, too bad. Get the fuck over it or post elsewhere.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Emily

mer4santo
May 27 2010, 02:18 AM

I want more smut on the speculation that Hapka has replaced Scott as Beemer/Bjorlin's 'third'.

Are you talking about him being their third wheel? As I understood, Scott and Beemer were the ones who hung out most of the time.

As for Hapka, it seems like he's the third wheel to Molly and Casey.
Edited by Emily, May 27 2010, 05:04 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

LOL. I love how the Sami fans come out and claim AS is so damn nice like they're BFF's with her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Emily
May 27 2010, 05:04 PM
mer4santo

Are you talking about him being their third wheel? As I understood, Scott and Beemer were the ones who hung out most of the time.

I believe there were insinuations of more than hanging out, but now Hapka seems to be pretty cozy with the pretty duo.

Of course it's all rumor mill, but it's behind the scenes...
Edited by mer4santo, May 27 2010, 09:08 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Emily

mer4santo
May 27 2010, 09:02 PM
Emily
May 27 2010, 05:04 PM
mer4santo

I believe there were insinuations of more than hanging out, and now Hapka seems to be pretty cozy with the pretty duo.

What is the origin of this speculation?

I know I'm biased because I'm a huge Nadia fan, but I really don't see her doing anything like that. She is classy in all kinds of ways and I think Brandon and Nadia are very much in love with each other. I can see how a third party might develop a slight "crush" on them because they're so pretty and look good together. ;)
Edited by Emily, May 27 2010, 09:12 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JSE
Member Avatar

Emily
May 27 2010, 09:10 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Beemer is friends with Lance Bass, which lead some to believe that he's into dick. The "third" was supposed to "take care of" both Beemer and Nadia. Who knows if its true, but it would be very hot if it were, especially if the third was really good looking.
Edited by JSE, May 27 2010, 09:42 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

Kenny
May 23 2010, 12:43 AM
Also, I heard from a fairly reliable source that when all that went down, Ali was going around the set bragging to people about what she was getting away with, talking about how she had Ed Scott wrapped around her finger and how she could pretty much do whatever she wanted since she was so important to the network with The Biggest Loser, etc.

I was also told that Ken Corday was pissed because NBC wanted him to cater to Ali's every whim and do anything he could to make her happy -- basically treat her like she had all the seniority (even more than Corday himself) simply because the network considers her to be "the face of NBC Daytime." Corday was stuck between a rock and a hard place because of Ali's shenanigans. Ali knew she had the network in her back pocket as well as Ed Scott so she used it to her advantage to "get ahead" (we all know how career/goal-oriented she is) and she started re-writing scripts, walking around the studio with her nose in the air acting like she was completely invincible.

I don't know of any of this is actually true, but it was told to me by a reliable source.
Hmmm....Allison Sweeney certainly has delusions of grandeur, doesn't she??? Who does she think she is??? Meryl Streep?? LOL!!!

She's one of those actresses who could NEVER have a successful career outside of daytime television. She's far too limited and overrated. And by "career," I don't mean hosting "Biggest Loser".......That doesn't count!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

JSE
May 27 2010, 09:41 PM
Emily
May 27 2010, 09:10 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Beemer is friends with Lance Bass, which lead some to believe that he's into dick. The "third" was supposed to "take care of" both Beemer and Nadia. Who knows if its true, but it would be very hot if it were, especially if the third was really good looking.
If Brandon Beemer likes guys.....send him over to my place. He doesn't have to go dumpster diving for washed-up pop stars. He's a terrible actor, but I'd still do him!!! LOL!!!!!
Edited by alstonboy4315, May 27 2010, 09:49 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

catsmeouch

mer4santo

Scott who? Edward Scott?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Emily

catsmeouch
May 27 2010, 09:55 PM
mer4santo

Scott who? Edward Scott?
James Scott. He is good friends with Brandon Beemer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

What? No displays of shock and appall that James Scott might be into Ménage à trois 'ing?
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Emily
May 28 2010, 03:29 AM
catsmeouch
mer4santo

Scott who? Edward Scott?
LMAO....weren't they tennis buddies too....
Online Profile Goto Top

catsmeouch

I thought Brandon Beemer said not to read into his friendship with Lance. Gay guys and straight guys can be friends without ***king.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
May 28 2010, 06:37 AM
What? No displays of shock and appall that James Scott might be into Ménage à trois 'ing?
They would be an incredibly pretty threesome.
Online Profile Goto Top

TINA222
Member Avatar

Nadia would be one lucky lady. :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Emily

LuvingLumi
May 28 2010, 07:52 AM
Emily
May 28 2010, 03:29 AM
catsmeouch

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
LMAO....weren't they tennis buddies too....
I know they go skiing together. :D This is, quite honestly, the funniest rumor I've read so far. And even though I don't think it's true, I have to admit - a Nadia, Brandon, James threesome would be SMOKIN' hot. :popcorn:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic