Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 5/24-5/28
Topic Started: May 22 2010, 03:38 AM (14,066 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

Paxton
May 28 2010, 04:38 PM
IMissAremid
May 28 2010, 01:54 PM
You know Magstor is all right, but the looks and dialogue that Kate is throwing at Victor is kinda making me wish we were getting some kind of Stefano-Kate-Vivian-Victor quad.

I don't kinda wish that, I definitely wish that. I felt bad for Vivian with Victor being so grouchy, but still--definitely best episode of the year by far today and I'm so glad I watched it. I think my favorite moment was Nicole joking to Kate about Victor wanting another baby, but I loved the flashbacks too and the picture, and, well, pretty much everything wedding-related.

I was happy to see Shane, annoyed that even on days Sami isn't on she has to be discussed but then reminded myself I should simply be grateful she wasn't on destroying the episode. I can't say I enjoyed watching Melanie today but even my Melanie hate was just on simmer; when she's kind of relegated to the background and everything isn't All About Her I can semi-tolerate her for brief periods.
I almost got the impression that AZ adlibbed that line to LK...since they both started laughing...like a real laugh.

Melanie was fine during the whole episode, and for a second, I almost bought Phillip and Melanie as a cute couple, but then she got her ass all up in Dan's business when he said he was getting married, then stormed off when Dan made the announcement. None of that is her fucking business, not to mention she is in no position to be giving any kind of love advice.
Her superiority when it comes to men is what makes me dislike her so.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

evilD2
Member Avatar

DOOLFan85
May 28 2010, 12:30 AM
since we didn't see days today will the Canadians be 2 episodes ahead now?
Nope, we'll be all on the same level, come Monday. We had 2 re-runs of Seinfeld in Days' slot today on Global.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

WOW, three pages for one episode of DAYS...I need to watch this one!

dooldooldool

PhoenixRising05
May 28 2010, 01:51 PM
The camera panning over the wedding guests was one of the best parts. All the eye rolling, smirking, Nicole and Kate relishing what is going on and drinking their martini's and lounging around...Days needs to do more of this. Put all these great characters on one set and just make it an entertaining hour like this. It saves money and is entertaining!
Agreed. I have always loved when they toss a dozen characters into the same scenes. After watching the show, I understand why they didn't exile this show into the middle of the night or "net only" with the Thursday preemption.

Which brings up the next question. Why was this show slated for THE DAY AFTER SWEEPS ENDS? Does this mean that the producers have decided that "sweeps" don't really matter any more? Sadly, I think Fridays are the typically lowest rated DOOL shows, although maybe this week will be the exception.

DOOLFan85

evilD2
May 28 2010, 10:39 PM
DOOLFan85
May 28 2010, 12:30 AM
since we didn't see days today will the Canadians be 2 episodes ahead now?
Nope, we'll be all on the same level, come Monday. We had 2 re-runs of Seinfeld in Days' slot today on Global.
Thanks!

jane1978

ladyofthelake
May 28 2010, 03:00 PM
lysie
May 28 2010, 01:25 PM

Mommy....why don't you ask Ciara if she can show you your treasure box. Common sense, detective.

I've always wondered why the heck Hope just doesn't take Ciara to her room and look under the damn bed for proof, to say "See, Ciara"....then, WHOOPS! Guess that would end the storyline too quickly, but it would be awesome if Hope discovered she was the culprit herself.
Actually, Hope plans to do that. She promissed Ciara they will check it out after she comes back from her sleepover.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Alligato
May 28 2010, 09:04 PM
Melanie was fine during the whole episode, and for a second, I almost bought Phillip and Melanie as a cute couple, but then she got her ass all up in Dan's business when he said he was getting married, then stormed off when Dan made the announcement. None of that is her fucking business, not to mention she is in no position to be giving any kind of love advice.
Her superiority when it comes to men is what makes me dislike her so.
one thing that royally pissed me off was philip telling chloe that he 'couldn't believe he ever could have thought' that melanie was cheating on him. enough is enough already! he saw her making out with nathan, and now he's beating himself up about it because she's the perfect innocent wife?
i also hate to hear melanie bringing up the nathan debacle in her giggly baby voice like what she did to philip on their wedding day wasn't a huge deal.

best line of the day was courtesy of nicole when carly was hesitant about participating in the photo...."but look how unhappy it makes them."

Kenny
Member Avatar

Yesterday's episode is a perfect example of how fun the show can be when they have "events" and everyone is in one location. Granted, I wouldn't call the Victor/Vivian wedding an "event" because it didn't seem very event-ish, but we got alot of great character interactions and I wish they would do stuff like this more often -- only on a slightly grander scale.

My one complaint... would anyone like to take a guess?

Yep. The lighting, LoL. Those bright ass lights make Louise Sorel look like shit. (Well... everyone, really, but especially Louise.) She has such a gaunt pale face that's being washed out in a sea of light. It makes her look like a walking corpse.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jane1978
May 29 2010, 05:10 AM
ladyofthelake
May 28 2010, 03:00 PM
lysie
May 28 2010, 01:25 PM

Mommy....why don't you ask Ciara if she can show you your treasure box. Common sense, detective.

I've always wondered why the heck Hope just doesn't take Ciara to her room and look under the damn bed for proof, to say "See, Ciara"....then, WHOOPS! Guess that would end the storyline too quickly, but it would be awesome if Hope discovered she was the culprit herself.
Actually, Hope plans to do that. She promissed Ciara they will check it out after she comes back from her sleepover.
Yeah, NOW. Why not two weeks ago?

lene
Member Avatar

Did Carly call Chloe, Carly? LoL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F0dcLjiaIk

Sounds like she says "Carly, i'm sorry" ???? (07:08)
Edited by lene, May 29 2010, 10:16 AM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

OK, so I checked out YT for this episode after not watching for about 3 months,and it was ok. I gotta say I expected more after reading how great the wedding was. It was great, it ok. I only laugh one time and that was when they took the "former wives pics."

This wedding seemed more focused on Melanie then anything. What her thoughts about her dad getting married were...about thanking her?...about having Phil stay? MB was better, but she blew it when she was talking to Bo and she did the eyeroll/immature teen mannerisms. She blew that scene and it looked bad when PR had to get her bad to focus so that he could deliver his line.

Ok, I know they dont have money, but couldnt at least they TRY and dress these people up and give their hair some style? Carly was in a nice dress but that limp just got out of the shower hair- YIKES! Vivian's dress looked liked a fucked-up Kimono from the 80s! The rest of the people look like they were going to a bar-b-que? Could of it cost too much to have everyone stay, break away, and have them come back a bit more dressed? I guess it would of?

Why is it that Chloe's hair is ALWAYS done and the others look like they spent 5 minutes on them? Does NB do her own hair? If so,when shes done, can she get some overtime pay to style the rest of the women's hair? Sure, at time her hair can be over the top, but I rather have that, then coming out of the shower hair!

As for the Rafe and Shane scenes- they were ok. I didnt see the smugness. I'm actually looking forward to see how the escape and hope its not super cheesy.

IfI were any lady in Salem, I wouldnt want to catch that bouquet!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Liz<3Days
May 29 2010, 10:45 AM
Ok, I know they dont have money, but couldnt at least they TRY and dress these people up and give their hair some style? Carly was in a nice dress but that limp just got out of the shower hair- YIKES! Vivian's dress looked liked a fucked-up Kimono from the 80s! The rest of the people look like they were going to a bar-b-que? Could of it cost too much to have everyone stay, break away, and have them come back a bit more dressed? I guess it would of?
Liz,

Their crummy clothes for a wedding bugged me when I saw the preview pics/vids for this, but (since you said you haven't watched in 3 months) their crappy clothes was kind of explained in the earlier episodes this week where none of them came to the mansion knowing they were going to be attending a wedding but only after getting text messages that Victor was in trouble.

And if they went home to change why would they have come back at all when they all had such strong feelings against the Viv-Vic wedding?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

IMissAremid
May 29 2010, 11:01 AM
Liz<3Days
Liz,

Their crummy clothes for a wedding bugged me when I saw the preview pics/vids for this, but (since you said you haven't watched in 3 months) their crappy clothes was kind of explained in the earlier episodes this week where none of them came to the mansion knowing they were going to be attending a wedding but only after getting text messages that Victor was in trouble.

And if they went home to change why would they have come back at all when they all had such strong feelings against the Viv-Vic wedding?
Excellent point. They almost left to begin with, and Maggie convinced them to stay. And, honestly, I don't see where it was Melanie-centered at all. They had focus on the ex-wives, Maggie, yes, Melanie, but also how Carly looked when Daniel made his announcement, AND the look on Hope's face when Carly caught the bouquet. I'd say it's the most balanced it's been in a while.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ladyofthelake
May 29 2010, 11:25 AM
IMissAremid
May 29 2010, 11:01 AM
Liz<3Days
Liz,

Excellent point. They almost left to begin with, and Maggie convinced them to stay. And, honestly, I don't see where it was Melanie-centered at all. They had focus on the ex-wives, Maggie, yes, Melanie, but also how Carly looked when Daniel made his announcement, AND the look on Hope's face when Carly caught the bouquet. I'd say it's the most balanced it's been in a while.
Right and we really didn't get the focus on Melanie until the final few minutes of the episode and that was confined to only a few scenes, really.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I kind of got the feeling about the crowd not wanting to be there so they were not dressed in semi-formal attire, but I was commenting how we used to get scenes in shows (not just in soaps) where in one they had a different outfit, then, POOF, they changed into another one. I know this would stop production in order for wardrobe to change the actors, but I kind of miss that...but I get that they explained it and thanks for explaining it IMA!

I'm usually ignoring Melanie in scenes and can, but she was focused a lot in this show...

-Mel in the foyer w/the gals talking with Maggie
-Mel coming back to the living room and talking to Phil
-Mel and Phil going outside and trying to convince him to stay
-Mel and Bo talking and thanking her (worst scene by her!)
-Mel talking to daddy about his wedding
-Mel and Phil talking about being open towards one another about Nathan (flash to Phloe sex)

Well....that was A LOT of Mel for me!

Oh, I also forgot to mention that I really liked the Kate, Nicole, Viv and Carly flashbacks! Those were awesome!

I just wished that there were less scenes about her and how she feels. They could have had Brady and Nicole talked...Chloe and Nicole talked about Phloe sex (BTW...does Nicole know? would of been a good time to take her outside and talk about it..maybe Carly over hearing and having a Carly, Chloe, Nicole scene interrupted by Daniel hearing his name?)

I also didnt buy the lame Bo excuse he kept talking about it being all his fault. Ok, we get it, it was your fault- move on to talk about something interesting!

I was just expecting more sharp dialog when you have these good characters there in a scene.

Kenny
Member Avatar

heyjude14 - Just wrote script for the preview...it's going to be great...you'll need a lot of kleenex for the Alice memorial...June 5th...

heyjude14 - ...I was crying in my office watching...it's very touching. Don't want to give anymore away...let you know when the preview goes up

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Liz,

Though I didn't have a problem with the outfits, I shared your frustration at the wedding being too much about Melanie.

Everyone seemed to forget the things Vivian had done to everyone else as if the only reason they had to be horrified about Victor marrying her was Vivian's poisoned comb stunt or her hatred of Carly. I mean where was a Kate-Vivian confrontation moment? Vivian and Kate battled over Victor all these years and while I got the sense that Kate missed Victor, I didn't get any sense of her frustration at Vivian winning him after all the underhanded things she did to try to keep her from Victor in the past (implanting herself with Phillip, causing Kate's plane to crash, etc...) and that just didn't seem like Kate.

Hated hated hated every second of that Bo-Melanie scene. It felt like a scene of Bo sucking up to her and this show has entirely too many scenes of people sucking up to Melanie. Like I don't think it was in the most recent show but maybe an episode or two earlier you had that moment of Philip stopping Nicole in her newscast and he was talking about firing Nicole just to give Melanie her job if Princess Melanie suddenly decided that's what she wanted after all? WTF?!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
May 29 2010, 12:41 PM
Liz,

Though I didn't have a problem with the outfits, I shared your frustration at the wedding being too much about Melanie.

Everyone seemed to forget the things Vivian had done to everyone else as if the only reason they had to be horrified about Victor marrying her was Vivian's poisoned comb stunt or her hatred of Carly. I mean where was a Kate-Vivian confrontation moment? Vivian and Kate battled over Victor all these years and while I got the sense that Kate missed Victor, I didn't get any sense of her frustration at Vivian winning him after all the underhanded things she did to try to keep her from Victor in the past (implanting herself with Phillip, causing Kate's plane to crash, etc...) and that just didn't seem like Kate.

Hated hated hated every second of that Bo-Melanie scene. It felt like a scene of Bo sucking up to her and this show has entirely too many scenes of people sucking up to Melanie. Like I don't think it was in the most recent show but maybe an episode or two earlier you had that moment of Philip stopping Nicole in her newscast and he was talking about firing Nicole just to give Melanie her job if Princess Melanie suddenly decided that's what she wanted after all? WTF?!
Exactly!

This could have been a great time for side conversations about events or who knows what, but we basically had to watch the wedding through Melanie's eyes- and I was going blind!

Kate and Viv confrontation would have been awesome, esp using some flashbacks...snarky comments about Phil w/Phil overhearing! Phil was totally his dad in that show- cranky, spitting out that one-liner about having cake....it was fun to watch!

OliveAnn

IMissAremid
May 29 2010, 12:41 PM
My feelings exactly. When Bo thanked Melanie for "everything she'd done for his family", my first thought was "Does that include sleeping with your niece's fiancee and being a bitch to your daughter?"

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Loved, loved, loved Friday's episode. That was such a classic wedding and as enjoyable as Kate's wedding to Stefano. Nicole's line about the ex-wives club was awesome and the picture was great too. Also great use of flashbacks to Victor's previous weddings. Also welcome back Shane. I'm liking Rafe and Shane so far.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply