Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 5/24-5/28
Topic Started: May 22 2010, 03:38 AM (14,367 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lysie
May 24 2010, 06:03 PM
That SAFE fantasy was stupid. I don't know if it was the couple, the actors, or the content because I have no problem with fantasies in general.
It was weird. Is it supposed to be a sign that things are moving?
today was meh. What can I comment on? Stefano was awesome. Chloe, suck it up and own it up, girlfriend! Yeah, Rafe is getting overbearing. Sami's "miracle" that Sydney was returned just too melodramatic and repetitive, right up there with her using the word "perfect".
Nicole.....I'm even losing interest in mah girl!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DOOLFan85

Got around to watching today's episode, decent, more happy both Hernandez are in the pin.

Arianna was robbing people at the projects, LOL, and you mean to tell me no one from the projects found her and regulated on her. The Red Dogs Liz that sounds like the Bloods. Brady sure broke her heart today at the end. In his heart he doesn't want to believe Arianna could have this past but Arianna hasn't be 100%. To piggy on my following post she's downing Nicole in Brady's face, when she could stay honest herself. As for her file, this is where the writing sucks, using a person's juvenile record wouldn't be used in a court of law once the person is over 18. Unless I'm missing something Hope will not be able to make that stick it besides the finger prints she has from the robbery.

The Carly/Chloe stuff was good. Carly shouldn't threaten to tell Chloe's infidelity to me that's not her place. Chloe made valid points towards Carly which I applauded her on.

The Safe fantasy = LAME enough said.

Ejami stuff was ok, too bad Sami had to mention Rafe in the process.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
May 23 2010, 04:56 PM
OK it looks like a lot of discussion about Monday's show has taken over the spoiler threads but hopefully we can move some of that over here...

I really don't get what the show thinks it's accomplishing with how they are writing Sami. I mean as an EJami fan I enjoy them kissing and the sexual tension between them after the kiss, and at the same obviously am not really excited about her declaring her love for Rafe and wanting to give her kids to him STILL, but I don't even know where to begin in processing what the hell these two things being in the same episode is supposed to mean. I guess I'm used to Sami being in denial about her feelings for EJ and resisting him at the same time she's strongly attracted to him so I get that but if Safe is supposed to be the rooting couple, which I actually think they are, what is rootable about Sami and Rafe being together when Sami is being written so fickle or bipolar or sex-crazed that she can't just share a seat on the couch with her ex without trying to jump him, even if after she heads upstairs after being cockblocked by Stefano she says the right things toward Rafe when she has a monologue fantasizing about some unrealistic picture perfect scenario with Rafe and her playing house.

Now I don't claim to have any certainty that the show will actually give me any sort of real EJami payoff based on what we have seen, but Monday's show has given me the impression that Rafe is more of a fantasy than a real love for her. I mean what the hell is she talking about how things will be "perfect" if Rafe is back and they have a family together? If Rafe comes back she'll be splitting up her kids from each other because she won't be living in the mansion any more and her kids will no longer have their parents under the same roof and Sami will have to go back to sharing custody. That's not perfect. She'll also no longer be living in a huge fabulous house with 24/7 maid/cooking service. Sorry, but DAYS hasn't sold me on Rafe's other perfections with his math whiz and FBI jacket-purchasing shit we've only been told about but not actually seen on screen so it just doesn't make any sense to me based on what we've seen why Rafe is such a "perfect" alternative to EJ based on what Sami knows (or doesn't know) about EJ at this point.

It's almost like they are writing Sami fixated on this fantasy to the point that she will drag this on and on and I wonder if by the time she comes around to actually admitting her feelings for EJ we'll be hearing him say, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

I also wonder what will come of Rafe's big fantasy sequence about finding Sami at the mansion and declaring his love for her given what we know about Sami and Rafe sharing scenes at the DiMansion the week of Alice's funeral according to those scripts that Jason posted. Will things come down like Rafe hoped with him actually having info on EJ or will he come back to find Sami less receptive?
I honestly thought her saying that everything would be perfect if Rafe came back and all her dreams would come true, went back to the conversation that she and Rafe had after they made love for one of the last times. They were in bed talking and she said that if Sydney were back, then her life would be perfect, not that it wasn't good now, but with Syndey it would make everything complete. Rafe told her that they were going to get Sydney back and they would have the perfect life, all of it. They also talked about this at NYE when Rafe said next year the whole family would be together, the kids running around, it would be chaos, and Sami told him that was OK--they would be together.

I think that while Sami may be physically attracted to EJ, she isn't in love with him, but she is in love with Rafe. Sami said it herself-- she is lonely and vulnerable-- that's the way they are writing her, and what's more, EJ knows that. I think he well knows that she is in love with Rafe.

Sami was splitting up the kids before when she and Rafe were together and it didn't seem to bother her then. When Rafe brought back Sydney, she was going to try and work out a custody arrangement with Sydney and Johnny, She even told EJ that Rafe was in her life and would be in the kids' lives, too.

IMO, Rafe is not a fantasy; he is the type of man she has always wanted in her life, but never had. Someone who loves her and her kids, who wants to be a part of hern family-- even if he isn't any of the kids' fathers. And, I agree, SAFE is the rooting couple.

shytstarter
Member Avatar

DOOLFan85
May 24 2010, 04:50 PM
Liz<3Days
May 24 2010, 04:35 PM
A gang? Really? LMAO..the Get Along gang I believe...Bloods v Crips, not so much! (This actually made me laugh!)
LMAO!!! Arianna just doesn't give me the vibe she was OG! I'm sorry the girl looks too damn sweet and innocent to be claiming any colors.
I don't think she would even qualify as a Shark a la West Side Story (with 3 years of tap and 5 of ballet). I just can't see tupperware tits jacking people for their loot. Just no!
Edited by shytstarter, May 24 2010, 07:47 PM.

jackie1133

magicsteacher
May 24 2010, 07:21 PM
I think that while Sami may be physically attracted to EJ, she isn't in love with him, but she is in love with Rafe. Sami said it herself-- she is lonely and vulnerable-- that's the way they are writing her, and what's more, EJ knows that. I think he well knows that she is in love with Rafe.

IMO, Rafe is not a fantasy; he is the type of man she has always wanted in her life, but never had. Someone who loves her and her kids, who wants to be a part of hern family-- even if he isn't any of the kids' fathers. And, I agree, SAFE is the rooting couple.
If Ejami were the rooting couple while Sami was eyeing another man like he's a piece of steak, I wouldn't WANT them to be the rooting couple any longer, lol. There is absolutely nothing "solid" about Sami's so called love if she's smooching with another guy every 5 minutes. I also don't think it's merely physical attraction to EJ either, otherwise the writers wouldn't have given Will the "in love" Dialogue as that relate to EJ, especially if Will is supposed to be perceived as one of Sami's truthtellers now. Sami may LIE to herself that it's only physical but as the story unfold, her denials about that should start to crack too. Now as for the "perfect" dialogue, IMO when Sami says that, it's not only in reference to her personal relationship with Rafe, but also that Will is putting a lot of pressure on Sami right now for derailing the family unit that he perceived Safe to be. Most recently, he was blasting Sami for ruining things with Rafe and that's why he now has a D in algebra blah blah blah. Hence, Sami trying to create a perfect environment with Rafe is not just for herself. I have the impression from current writing now that Rafe is the type of man that Sami feel she SHOULD be with, but EJ is the guy that float her boat...

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

DOOLFan85
May 24 2010, 06:47 PM
Got around to watching today's episode, decent, more happy both Hernandez are in the pin.

Arianna was robbing people at the projects, LOL, and you mean to tell me no one from the projects found her and regulated on her. The Red Dogs Liz that sounds like the Bloods. Brady sure broke her heart today at the end. In his heart he doesn't want to believe Arianna could have this past but Arianna hasn't be 100%. To piggy on my following post she's downing Nicole in Brady's face, when she could stay honest herself. As for her file, this is where the writing sucks, using a person's juvenile record wouldn't be used in a court of law once the person is over 18. Unless I'm missing something Hope will not be able to make that stick it besides the finger prints she has from the robbery.

The Carly/Chloe stuff was good. Carly shouldn't threaten to tell Chloe's infidelity to me that's not her place. Chloe made valid points towards Carly which I applauded her on.

LMAO..stop it you're making me laugh again...RED DOGS? Were they one of the gangs on skates in the movie The Warriors? (I know they weren't, but I can picture her in one of those roller skate gangs!)

Yeah sure blame it on the projects DAYS! Sounds like I didnt miss a thing!

DOOLFan85

Liz<3Days
May 24 2010, 08:26 PM
DOOLFan85

LMAO..stop it you're making me laugh again...RED DOGS? Were they one of the gangs on skates in the movie The Warriors? (I know they weren't, but I can picture her in one of those roller skate gangs!)

Latina girl + Thuglife + Project = TV Stereotype Gold! :D
Edited by DOOLFan85, May 24 2010, 08:30 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

DOOLFan85
May 24 2010, 08:30 PM
Liz<3Days
DOOLFan85

Seriously!

Insulting to think that all we're (yes,Latina here) good for is joining gangs and cutting a bitch! LOL

DOOLFan85

Liz<3Days
May 24 2010, 08:33 PM
DOOLFan85
May 24 2010, 08:30 PM
Liz<3Days

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepLizYeah sure blame it on the projects DAYS! Sounds like I didnt miss a thing!
Seriously!

Insulting to think that all we're (yes,Latina here) good for is joining gangs and cutting a bitch! LOL
girl i'm black so we're both victims of the same representation

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Liz<3Days
Roller skates? Man, I haven't seen that movie in ages but I don't remember anyone on skates . . . the baseball gang always sticks out in my mind, but no skates. "Warriors, come out to play-yay-yay . . . fade to 'Somewhere out on horizon, out beyond the neon lights . . . .'"

You know, I always found that movie boring and could never understand my husband's affection for it, but compared to Days it's like a paragon of entertainment.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

jackie1133
May 24 2010, 08:12 PM
magicsteacher
May 24 2010, 07:21 PM

If Ejami were the rooting couple while Sami was eyeing another man like he's a piece of steak, I wouldn't WANT them to be the rooting couple any longer, lol. There is absolutely nothing "solid" about Sami's so called love if she's smooching with another guy every 5 minutes. I also don't think it's merely physical attraction to EJ either, otherwise the writers wouldn't have given Will the "in love" Dialogue as that relate to EJ, especially if Will is supposed to be perceived as one of Sami's truthtellers now. Sami may LIE to herself that it's only physical but as the story unfold, her denials about that should start to crack too. Now as for the "perfect" dialogue, IMO when Sami says that, it's not only in reference to her personal relationship with Rafe, but also that Will is putting a lot of pressure on Sami right now for derailing the family unit that he perceived Safe to be. Most recently, he was blasting Sami for ruining things with Rafe and that's why he now has a D in algebra blah blah blah. Hence, Sami trying to create a perfect environment with Rafe is not just for herself. I have the impression from current writing now that Rafe is the type of man that Sami feel she SHOULD be with, but EJ is the guy that float her boat...
IMO, Sami is not thinking straight. She has been manipulated for months now by EJ. He has tried to control her thoughts and actions. He has tried everything to get her away from Rafe, first b/c he wanted her to be alone and miserable and now it's in the name of love. Sami is totally emotionally unraveled. She thinks Rafe has left her for good--- remember EJ told her that Rafe is not coming back--- all b/c she lied to him and tore their relationship apart. ( at least that is how she sees it). Now, along comes EJ with the you are a great parent routine, let's move into the mansiont b/c my father is dying, you are beautiful, blah, blah, blah. EJ is pushing all the right buttons at the right time and he knows it. Sami is alone and vulnerable. She misses the man she really loves and wants him back, but doesn't think he's coming back.
Sami has gone against everything her family told her not to do and here she is alone with EJ who is telling her what she wants to hear.
I believe that if Sami were in the townhouse with her kids, this wouldn't be happening.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I haven't been paying attention but is Arianna's gang supposed to be a Latina gang? Because I read the bit in prevuze about how the female empowerment symbol having something to do with her gang, and I'm thinking... what the hell are they doing with some Celtic symbol (or at least whatever DAYS has claimed to this point to be a Celtic female empowerment symbol).

Maybe she was running with an Irish gang all Hernandez-FITZGERALD-like?

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Paxton
May 24 2010, 08:38 PM
Liz<3Days
Roller skates? Man, I haven't seen that movie in ages but I don't remember anyone on skates . . . the baseball gang always sticks out in my mind, but no skates. "Warriors, come out to play-yay-yay . . . fade to 'Somewhere out on horizon, out beyond the neon lights . . . .'"

You know, I always found that movie boring and could never understand my husband's affection for it, but compared to Days it's like a paragon of entertainment.
That move is so fuckin funny! It's been a while too, but I do remember a gang on roller skates! I also remember the Capt from Carmen San Diego (Lynn Thigpen) being the one to do the voice-over/ play by play of the whole night!

Kenny
Member Avatar

I just saw Alison Sweeney in a new Zyrtec commercial.

Why is this bitch everywhere on my TV?

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

magicsteacher
May 24 2010, 08:51 PM
IMO, Sami is not thinking straight. She has been manipulated for months now by EJ. He has tried to control her thoughts and actions. He has tried everything to get her away from Rafe, first b/c he wanted her to be alone and miserable and now it's in the name of love. Sami is totally emotionally unraveled. She thinks Rafe has left her for good--- remember EJ told her that Rafe is not coming back--- all b/c she lied to him and tore their relationship apart. ( at least that is how she sees it). Now, along comes EJ with the you are a great parent routine, let's move into the mansiont b/c my father is dying, you are beautiful, blah, blah, blah. EJ is pushing all the right buttons at the right time and he knows it. Sami is alone and vulnerable. She misses the man she really loves and wants him back, but doesn't think he's coming back.
Sami has gone against everything her family told her not to do and here she is alone with EJ who is telling her what she wants to hear.
I believe that if Sami were in the townhouse with her kids, this wouldn't be happening.
Well I agree with you on Sami not thinking straight, but I'm really curious about how just being "alone and vulnerable" is supposed to explain Sami professing her love for Rafe at the same time initiating massages and kisses with EJ every chance she gets? I mean Hope was alone and vulnerable after the kidnapping and her breakup with Bo yet she still hasn't responded to that by giving in to Justin's advances.

Maggie's alone and vulnerable following Mickey's death and dealing with her illness, but she's not trying to jump Victor's bones every time she sees him.

At what point do Sami and Rafe have to take some kind of responsibility for their respective screw ups in their relationship. Rafe, for being such a hardheaded douche for not forgiving Sami for telling a lie she thought she needed to tell to save her daughter's life, and Sami for being so fickle and slatternly that she can't come up with any way of showing her "gratitude" for EJ being civil to her than trying to make out with him every time they sit on that damn couch together. I mean hasn't she ever heard of thank you notes? Flowers? Baking cookies?

And obviously EJ hasn't tried everything to get her away from Rafe because UNFORTUNATELY EJ saved Rafe's ass from the hit man!!! I still don't get what the point was of that at all. It's not like he got some of those suddenly all-important hero points with Sami for that bullshit.

jackie1133

IMissAremid
May 24 2010, 09:05 PM
And obviously EJ hasn't tried everything to get her away from Rafe because UNFORTUNATELY EJ saved Rafe's ass from the hit man!!! I still don't get what the point was of that at all. It's not like he got some of those suddenly all-important hero points with Sami for that bullshit.
He's also getting her townhouse repaired so that Sami/children can move out of the mansion whenever she feel like it, no manipulation there.... nothing on the screen indicates to me at all that EJ is willing to settle for "manipulated love" from Sami. He's the one throwing up all the roadblocks to the intimate moments being initiated by Sami due to his guilty conscience AND, because of the perception that Sami is still in love with Rafe.

samixxx
Member Avatar

I just adore Ciara she is such a natural.

Carly and Chloe were good loved the drama and CC and NB work well together.

Loved Rafe's dream reminded me of old black and white movies where the hero returns from war to his lady love.

"Enjoy your life" from the guard then Rafe's asking the big guy if he had any ideas for a miracle and then que Sami's "Rafe". Unless her miracle is her uncle, :shrug: this Sami isn't much help.

Sami's kiss to Ej reminded me of Shaggy giving Scooby a snack for fighting the ghost except this was his reward for standing up to his father. And I had my own flashback, lol, when Sami had her hand over her mouth afterwards, to when Brady talked about vomiting being around Ej.

Nice to see Ej's redemption progressing by going along with his father to take care of Anna. :eyeroll:

jackie1133

samixxx
May 24 2010, 09:39 PM
Nice to see Ej's redemption progressing by going along with his father to take care of Anna. :eyeroll:
No reason why he shouldn't go along with it as long as Stefano doesn't kill her. When EJ thought Stefano had killed Anna though, he was completely horrified. EJ's goal is keeping Sydnapping buried, which should make him "conflicted" and I think that's pouring off the screen now. In one moment, he's grateful that Stefano is putting out the Sydnapping fires but, in the next moment he's chastising Stefano for always trying to control the situation..

samixxx
Member Avatar

jackie1133
May 24 2010, 09:44 PM
samixxx
May 24 2010, 09:39 PM
No reason why he shouldn't go along with it as long as Stefano doesn't kill her. When EJ thought Stefano had killed Anna though, he was completely horrified. EJ's goal is keeping Sydnapping buried, which should make him "conflicted" and I think that's pouring off the screen now. In one moment, he's grateful that Stefano is putting out the Sydnapping fires but, in the next moment he's chastising Stefano for always trying to control the situation..
Ej knows what his father is capable of and if he doesn't he is dumber than I thought.

DOOLFan85

Kenny
May 24 2010, 09:04 PM
I just saw Alison Sweeney in a new Zyrtec commercial.

Why is this bitch everywhere on my TV?
:lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply