Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for wk of June 7th; *UPDATED 6/5*
Topic Started: May 26 2010, 09:35 PM (26,760 Views)
frankki
Member Avatar

Sorry, meant JamesScott_19! :P
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

JamesScott_19
Jun 7 2010, 08:43 AM
LuvingLumi
Jun 6 2010, 03:10 PM
jackie1133
Jun 6 2010, 01:13 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepWhat kind of man would be so desperate to keep his kids that he would make a deal with the person who's responsible for the switch coming about.... a coward that is who
but his inability to make a decision is labeling him as a coward now and what he did to get back at Sami is the bad father angle(he is both).... as no good father uses their kid for ANYTHING. That is why I consider Sami and Lucas as horrible parents to Will as he was growing up, Stefano was a horrible father and not to mention Kate.....so if heEJ didn't care enough about losing his kids before why is it all of a sudden important to him unless it also has something to do with losing Sami, which it does. He's a lawyer he knows the drill....even if he was 'blinded by hatred of Sami' his kid should have come before that and he knew the consequences of those actions even before he perpetrated them, that's why I don't consider him a good father. Ej's problem is his self righteousness....he's lied frankly more than any other character in Salem in the last 4 years....so why does he think that he shouldn't be subjected to lies also....he went into 'me' mode when he was wronged and frankly he should have realized that he was long long overdue for some payback....
I was agreeing with you UNTIL you said that he lied more than anyone else in Salem in the past 4 years, that has got to be the most absurd thing I read on here. I can think of MANY people that have lied worse, Stefano being the first person, I get that you hate Ej but to say that he is self righteous ( which character is`nt) AND his lies are worse than ANYONE is pushing the limit. Also I highly doubt he is using his kids for anything, Sami chose to sleep with the guy so she had johnny. If anyone uses their kids is Sami, denying the father parental rights because of his last name? Telling him he had a child after the baby died,allowing another man to raise another man`s child, etc c`mon and now of a sudden Ej is the biggest scum that hit Salem, never did buy it and never will. :eyeroll:

Ej lies are just as worst as Sami, at least he returned sydney unlike Sami who did`nt tell him he had a child until after it died. If Sami can get excused from her pathetic lies, so can Ej. Do I agree what Ej has did? heck no. Should he be honest about what he did? Yes of course. Should Sami the victim get excused because her lies were justified? HECK NO. Let us not throw daggers when there is none, you are only twisting the knife.
In 4 years...NO ONE has lied more than EJ....Stefano was comatose for a good amount of time of those 4 years...so please tell me who has lied MORE than EJ? It's not one lie....it's many....and no one has told more in 4 years than he has.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

LuvingLumi
Jun 7 2010, 11:00 AM
JamesScott_19
LuvingLumi
Jun 6 2010, 03:10 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepWhat kind of man would be so desperate to keep his kids that he would make a deal with the person who's responsible for the switch coming about.... a coward that is who
I was agreeing with you UNTIL you said that he lied more than anyone else in Salem in the past 4 years, that has got to be the most absurd thing I read on here. I can think of MANY people that have lied worse, Stefano being the first person, I get that you hate Ej but to say that he is self righteous ( which character is`nt) AND his lies are worse than ANYONE is pushing the limit. Also I highly doubt he is using his kids for anything, Sami chose to sleep with the guy so she had johnny. If anyone uses their kids is Sami, denying the father parental rights because of his last name? Telling him he had a child after the baby died,allowing another man to raise another man`s child, etc c`mon and now of a sudden Ej is the biggest scum that hit Salem, never did buy it and never will. :eyeroll:

Ej lies are just as worst as Sami, at least he returned sydney unlike Sami who did`nt tell him he had a child until after it died. If Sami can get excused from her pathetic lies, so can Ej. Do I agree what Ej has did? heck no. Should he be honest about what he did? Yes of course. Should Sami the victim get excused because her lies were justified? HECK NO. Let us not throw daggers when there is none, you are only twisting the knife.
In 4 years...NO ONE has lied more than EJ....Stefano was comatose for a good amount of time of those 4 years...so please tell me who has lied MORE than EJ? It's not one lie....it's many....and no one has told more in 4 years than he has.
I disagree completely NO ONE has lied more, that is pushing the limit. So everyone who has lied over the years just gets overlooked and they are precious victims? Please tell me that is not what you are saying. Stefano being camatose, does not fly with me,his lies alone is way more worse than Ej in the past four years.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

frankki
Jun 7 2010, 09:14 AM
Jackie, you highly doubt that EJ is using his kids for anything? How about using Sydney, kidnapping her, to get back at Sami? You consider that not using his kids? And the only reason EJ did not take off with his kids, and brought back Sydney was so he could again make Rafe look bad and make himself seem like the hero. More manipulations to break up Sami and Rafe, further hurting her on purpose. He wanted to take away everything from her. That is very childish. Very Dimera. Sure, OK, Sami lied to EJ about being pregnant. She didn't tell him because she didn't want the kid to have anything to do with the Dimeras. She didn't do it to hurt EJ, although, obviously it did. She was trying to protect her baby. EJ did what he did on purpose, with the sole purpose of hurting her as much as he could. He succeeded. Certainly, their motives for doing what they did come from a completely different place.
First of all I am very happy that I find a new debater, :wave:

As far as your argument goes, that is not going to fly either. I apologize he was using his kids to get back at Sami, now that I think about it.However so was Sami, so where is her excuse? Her telling Rafe that if Nicole never switched the babies,they would raise Ej children together. Do you expect Ej to be okay with that? Sami has told him hundreds of times that he is a good father so why be so self righteous and admit that, knowing that Ej has always been there for her kids. Rafe is not the father, he tries to fake adoption papers, but yet he is the hero, not buying crap :eyeroll: As far as Ej playing the hero, how does that justify what I said? Whether he was playing hero or not, he is the one that returned syndey, that is more than I can say about Sami. Ej was led to believe that he had a child after it died, and yet Sami is the victim? C`mon seriously? I don`t care if she was trying to protect her baby, you don`t tell a father that he had a baby after it died, there is no excuse, I don`t care if Ej is a dimera or not. Sami lies started the whole thing, if she had just been honest from the beginning, none of it would have happen. Did you see how angrily she told him that his baby died? Also she admitted that was going to tell him but because of Nicole, ah yes jealousy was the problem too.

The bottom line is, Sami is not the victim, her lies started the whole thing. I find it laughable how the things Ej did was childish but the things Sami did was not on purpose, that is the most ridiculous thing I heard. Ej motives was behind Sami lies, but of course that gets overlooked, not buying it.

frankki
Member Avatar

Hey JS_19! :wave: I agree with you on some points....yes Sami lied about being pregnant, maybe setting things into motion, but again, I have to say that Sami and EJ's motives come from entirely different places. I don't think it is rediculous to acknowledge the reasons both of them had for doing what they did. She was trying to protect her baby, he did it to get back at her. Neither is right. You don't think EJ went just a little too far with his revenge? Maybe if EJ wasn't such a dick, she would have felt comfortable telling him about the baby. And yes, maybe some jealousy over Nicole played a part. I think these two are just toxic for each other. They don't belong together at all. EJ went way too far with his revenge, regardless of what went down. Things could have just died down, but no, EJ had to have his revenge. And there is a lot of bad history between these, more than the whole Sydnapping Affair. EJ has been quite the terrorizer of Sami ever since he came to Salem. And when your last name is Dimera, and where you have screwed with other people's lives, maybe you should expect this kind of deception, and quit being such a whiny, poor me, now I want revenge dick head!!

lazydazes
Member Avatar

:hail: A big thumbs up to both of Frankki's post! I so agree with all of the points.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar

frankki
Jun 8 2010, 08:24 AM
Hey JS_19! :wave: I agree with you on some points....yes Sami lied about being pregnant, maybe setting things into motion, but again, I have to say that Sami and EJ's motives come from entirely different places. I don't think it is rediculous to acknowledge the reasons both of them had for doing what they did. She was trying to protect her baby, he did it to get back at her. Neither is right. You don't think EJ went just a little too far with his revenge? Maybe if EJ wasn't such a dick, she would have felt comfortable telling him about the baby. And yes, maybe some jealousy over Nicole played a part. I think these two are just toxic for each other. They don't belong together at all. EJ went way too far with his revenge, regardless of what went down. Things could have just died down, but no, EJ had to have his revenge. And there is a lot of bad history between these, more than the whole Sydnapping Affair. EJ has been quite the terrorizer of Sami ever since he came to Salem. And when your last name is Dimera, and where you have screwed with other people's lives, maybe you should expect this kind of deception, and quit being such a whiny, poor me, now I want revenge dick head!!
You are one my favorite debaters already :P , I do love your honesty, that is more than I say about some people.

I understand that Sami lied but she was trying to protect her baby, but I still think that is no excuse. I don`t see how that makes her lie justified and Ej lies crucified. If Sami did`nt want to have Ej to be the father, than you should have thought twice before sleeping with him, ya know pregnancy always occurs. Sami was trying to back at Ej too, because she saw him with Nicole, do you remember that? Remember when she was about to tell him the truth but she saw Ejole making out on the sofa and she stopped dead in her tracks,she was also going to tell him at the church where Ejole got married.However she did`nt, so it is not like she did`nt have chances. I will agree Ej went a little too far, I hated him when he put those bloody clothes in the river HOWEVER I understood why he did it. Whether Ej was a dick of what, Sami is not the victim,she is just as guilty.

I happen to think Ejami are cut from the same cloth, they belong together :biggrin:

I know that Ej has been quite the schemer when he first came to Salem, which is one of the many reasons why he is my favorite character because James Scott is so good at being the bad guy, and he is complex to me. One day he is making someone life a living hell, the other day he shows his humanity. I will admit that Ej had it coming considering all what he put people though but so did Sami, maybe if she never lied, she would`nt have to deserve this deception but since she did boo hoo cry me a river,she is no different than Ej!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

JamesScott_19
Jun 7 2010, 10:10 PM
LuvingLumi
JamesScott_19

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepWhat kind of man would be so desperate to keep his kids that he would make a deal with the person who's responsible for the switch coming about.... a coward that is who victim get excused because her lies were justified? HECK NO. Let us not throw daggers when there is none, you are only twisting the knife.
I disagree completely NO ONE has lied more, that is pushing the limit. So everyone who has lied over the years just gets overlooked and they are precious victims? Please tell me that is not what you are saying. Stefano being camatose, does not fly with me,his lies alone is way more worse than Ej in the past four years.
The time frame and the word "more" is what I'm talking about....What lies has Stefano told in the past four years that would trump all of Ej's lies.....
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jun 8 2010, 10:37 AM.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 8 2010, 10:35 AM
JamesScott_19
LuvingLumi

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepWhat kind of man would be so desperate to keep his kids that he would make a deal with the person who's responsible for the switch coming about.... a coward that is who victim
The time frame and the word "more" is what I'm talking about....What lies has Stefano told in the past four years that would trump all of Ej's lies.....
Oh okay I misunderstood you, not you in particular but I hate it when people act like Ej is the only one that lies, steals,kidnaps rapes, manipulates, etc.

I just hate double standards, we defend our favorites ( I do all the time) but sometimes ignore their crimes.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 8 2010, 10:35 AM
JamesScott_19
LuvingLumi

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepWhat kind of man would be so desperate to keep his kids that he would make a deal with the person who's responsible for the switch coming about.... a coward that is who victim
UH--- NONE. Even if we just go back to January of 2009, EJ trumps everyone with the hits on Philip and kidnapping Stephanie and the entire debacle with the kidnapping and his continued lies and manipulations.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Actually, I don't think Sami's true motivation in not telling EJ about her pregnancy was about protecting the baby...it was due to her jealousy over his relationship with Nicole. How many times was she thisclose to telling him and then would find out something about him being with Nicole and she'd back away. She used the DiMera influence as her excuse...but her motivation was all about being pissed that he had a relationship with Nicole.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar

Exactly that is so true, it is funny how people leave that detail out.

frankki
Member Avatar

It was never just about being jealous of Nicole. That would have been too petty, even for Sami.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

SocRMum1
Jun 10 2010, 09:43 AM
Actually, I don't think Sami's true motivation in not telling EJ about her pregnancy was about protecting the baby...it was due to her jealousy over his relationship with Nicole. How many times was she thisclose to telling him and then would find out something about him being with Nicole and she'd back away. She used the DiMera influence as her excuse...but her motivation was all about being pissed that he had a relationship with Nicole.
I think it was BOTH, or why did they even bother having those very realistic future dreams about how Johnny would be impacted if he grew up with Dimera influence, not to say that Nicole didn't play into her decision somewhat, but realistically telling Ej that she was pregnant would have sent Ej back to Sami in a hurry and he would have kicked Nicole (baby or no baby) to the curb....so that is the reason why I believe that the writers made it a point to show both and not just one angle alone.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 10 2010, 12:22 PM
SocRMum1
I think it was BOTH, or why did they even bother having those very realistic future dreams about how Johnny would be impacted if he grew up with Dimera influence, not to say that Nicole didn't play into her decision somewhat, but realistically telling Ej that she was pregnant would have sent Ej back to Sami in a hurry and he would have kicked Nicole (baby or no baby) to the curb....so that is the reason why I believe that the writers made it a point to show both and not just one angle alone.
I agree with this. I do think Sami would have told EJ if it had not been for her jealousy about Nicole - but she would have insisted the baby have no contact with Stefano, or at least tried to. She was definitely conflicted about the fact that she was having another DiMera child...but she still planned to move forward and tell EJ...which is why she was there to witness the mayor's murder at the DiMansion.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

SocRMum1
Jun 10 2010, 12:27 PM
LuvingLumi
SocRMum1
I agree with this. I do think Sami would have told EJ if it had not been for her jealousy about Nicole - but she would have insisted the baby have no contact with Stefano, or at least tried to. She was definitely conflicted about the fact that she was having another DiMera child...but she still planned to move forward and tell EJ...which is why she was there to witness the mayor's murder at the DiMansion.
The writers really didn't do a good job at portraying Sami's jealousy angle when it comes to Nicole (come on, you saw him kissing her on the couch....give me a fucking break, storm in there if you want the man and tell him you are preggers with his child and demand that Stefano stay far away or he will never see her again...done deal) and maybe that was because they were starting to shift the story toward the SH then....but realistically if I'm a woman and I want a man, and I know the man wants me but is settling for someone else simply because I gave him the cold shoulder and I had a secret that can potentially bring him back to me then I would tell him, if I really wanted him that is.....as opposed to Lucas who clearly told her it was over at the hospital and she knew he had moved on with Chloe......she knew that she had a chance with Ej if she wanted it..but I guess she must have not wanted it bad enough.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 10 2010, 12:32 PM
SocRMum1
LuvingLumi

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
The writers really didn't do a good job at portraying Sami's jealousy angle when it comes to Nicole (come on, you saw him kissing her on the couch....give me a fucking break, storm in there if you want the man and tell him you are preggers with his child and demand that Stefano stay far away or he will never see her again...done deal) and maybe that was because they were starting to shift the story toward the SH then....but realistically if I'm a woman and I want a man, and I know the man wants me but is settling for someone else simply because I gave him the cold shoulder and I had a secret that can potentially bring him back to me then I would tell him, if I really wanted him that is.....as opposed to Lucas who clearly told her it was over at the hospital and she knew he had moved on with Chloe......she knew that she had a chance with Ej if she wanted it..but I guess she must have not wanted it bad enough.
I definitely agree they did a poor job of portraying Sami's feelings on it. EJ goes to see her in the cabin to basically confide in her about his 'disaster' with Nicole, she encourages him to pursue his 'fate' with Nicole despite the fact that he tells her he always believed they were fated to be together, and she dissolves into tears the minute he walks out the door. Broke my EJami loving heart. :shame:

I always sort of chalked it up to Sami's poor self esteem issues. I don't see how she couldn't know how much EJ wanted her...but everytime she saw him near Nicole or heard about him being with her it would drive her nuts. I thought Sami felt Nicole was everything she wasn't - tall, slender, long legs, etc. Deep down I think Sami allowed her self doubt to get the best of her and convince her that EJ wouldn't really choose her over Nicole. Lucas even tried to use the hostility between Sami and Nicole to urge her to tell EJ the truth..."C'mon...are you really going to sit there and do nothing and let Nicole win?" It's a pity she didn't listen to him.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

SocRMum1
Jun 10 2010, 12:40 PM
LuvingLumi
SocRMum1

I definitely agree they did a poor job of portraying Sami's feelings on it. EJ goes to see her in the cabin to basically confide in her about his 'disaster' with Nicole, she encourages him to pursue his 'fate' with Nicole despite the fact that he tells her he always believed they were fated to be together, and she dissolves into tears the minute he walks out the door. Broke my EJami loving heart. :shame:

I always sort of chalked it up to Sami's poor self esteem issues. I don't see how she couldn't know how much EJ wanted her...but everytime she saw him near Nicole or heard about him being with her it would drive her nuts. I thought Sami felt Nicole was everything she wasn't - tall, slender, long legs, etc. Deep down I think Sami allowed her self doubt to get the best of her and convince her that EJ wouldn't really choose her over Nicole. Lucas even tried to use the hostility between Sami and Nicole to urge her to tell EJ the truth..."C'mon...are you really going to sit there and do nothing and let Nicole win?" It's a pity she didn't listen to him.
That is why I will always be convinced that she lusts for him, but will never love him. If you love something you do whatever you can to get back with the person unless you think the person doesn't love you. Ej made it clear that he wanted Sami over Nicole, so what was Sami's excuse, heck she was pregnant...that alone was motive to tell him, she could have had her cake and eaten it too, and trumped Nicole in the process, but I guess Ej wasn't all that important to her.

On the self esteem issues...if that were the case then why has she tried to pursue, get back with every single man before and after Ej, but not him. She did it with Austin in 2006, the scheme and stuff....she tried getting back with Lucas in 2005, and then even in 2008....she did it with Rafe too...running to the airport....why would her self esteem issues not stop her from pursuing all these other men, but not EJ.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jun 10 2010, 01:02 PM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 10 2010, 12:59 PM
SocRMum1
Jun 10 2010, 12:40 PM
LuvingLumi

That is why I will always be convinced that she lusts for him, but will never love him. If you love something you do whatever you can to get back with the person unless you think the person doesn't love you. Ej made it clear that he wanted Sami over Nicole, so what was Sami's excuse, heck she was pregnant...that alone was motive to tell him, she could have had her cake and eaten it too, and trumped Nicole in the process, but I guess Ej wasn't all that important to her.

On the self esteem issues...if that were the case then why has she tried to pursue, get back with every single man before and after Ej, but not him. She did it with Austin in 2006, the scheme and stuff....she tried getting back with Lucas in 2005, and then even in 2008....she did it with Rafe too...running to the airport....why would her self esteem issues not stop her from pursuing all these other men, but not EJ.
:smooch: Exactly!

michelle
Member Avatar

I thought she told Lucas that she didn't want EJ to choose her over Nicole just because she was pregnant. That she wanted him to pick her because of her, not a baby.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply