Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 5/31-6/3; DAYS preempted for the French Open on Friday
Topic Started: May 29 2010, 12:44 AM (7,259 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Okay, I just saw the beginning of today's show and Ciara cracked me up with her "Carly caught the bouquet."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TINA222
Member Avatar

I think it was slightly amused and she has nice boobs. :lol: Brady walking in on them was hilarious.

What is up with the waredrobe today? Carly's granny dress that made her arms look big. When she isnt but that cut isnt flattering on anyone who isnt a size zero. and Nicole ugly green off the shoulder number? :puke:

I felt sorry for Vivian today. I get she is the source of all evil but I hate the let's pile on just to be mean and catty. very high schoolish. Accept for Maggie none of them bitches are lily white and pure. Kate is an attempted murderer many times over. Chloe is a slut who cheated on her husband. Victor is a mobster and twice as evil as Vivian. Nicole is a convicted criminal. Brady is a drug addict. Carly is sleeping with a married man. Yet they all sit on that pedastal like they are better than Vivian. They would all be joining her on that bus to hell. So they can all STFU!

Kenny
Member Avatar

I would like Melanie so much more if they'd let her sing this song in every episode.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emily

Kenny
May 31 2010, 06:12 PM
I would like Melanie so much more if they'd let her sing this song in every episode.

OMG, Kenny, don't even get me started on "I'm saving myself for Jesus." :laugh:

AlisonLou

Why have they turned Justin into a sticky beak?
He was being a bit nosey standing there while Bope were talking about Ciara.
It was none of his business.
Justin's becoming needy, nosy and pathetic around Hope.
I wish they would give him something else to do.
He seems better around Carly. He has an edge when he is around her.
Maybe they should pair up Justin and Carly?
I'd rather Justin and Adrienne. But I think Justin and Carly would make a good pairing.
If the writers looked into their history books it would make more sense for Justin to be going after Carly then Hope. Justin was the one who had a fixation with Carly when he was on his honeymoon with Adrienne.
Justin never really had a thing for Hope. The Justin and Hope angle has sort of come out of nowhere.

These writers don't give a damn about history now. It's all about plots and events rather then the characters. It amazes me how the writers can even write for Days without knowing the shows history.

Aurianne
Member Avatar

I liked when Maggie said any woman would be a fool to marry him. Victor is not better than Vivian. Victor was scheming against Carly too and covered up the crime. He wouldn't mind Carly being dead if she wasn't connected to Bo.

Nathan doesn't want to leave town because of Melanie.

Hey Brady, EJ is just her friend, you know, like your good buddy Nicole. Brady says the same exact line on tomorrows show. "How bout that, she says no to me, but yes to him." This was when EJ was offering her the job at the pub and she said yes when she grabbed EJ's business card, and she turned down Brady's proposal the day before. This is probably the beginning of Brady's downfall. EJ will be a big hero, winning the big trial and Brady won't be able to handle Arianna going beserk over EJ.

Alligato
Member Avatar

LMAO at whoever said that Ciara looks possessed...she is so sweet, but the creepiest little actress. She does have her flashback look down pat.
Melanie and her chat with Carly was so stupid. She has no reason to not like Chloe...she even said that she doesn't know and its just a feeling. F her feelings! Then she gets all up in Stephanie's face about her fucking beverage choices. WTF! She irritates me to no end.
Carly just needs a bit of bangs and her hair would be lovely. Until then, it looks so damn bad.
Melanie's comb over/back comb over is a bad style too. Her hair is in every direction.

EJ looked like crap in that purple shirt. His complexion doesn't go with pastel. Bad suit. But he had that sly look, that devilish sly look for Arianna which for a second, gave me a bit of hope for an EJari pairing.
Like Rafe, EJ seems to do so much better in scenes without Sami.

lysie
Member Avatar

Alligato
May 31 2010, 10:16 PM
Maybe it's because AS isn't there directing.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Melanie is awful but her scene with Steph was good. The way Mel was flashing her rock was a good way to rub some salt into old wounds.

Kate was good too observing the going ons and swooping in to bad mouth Chloe to Carly. If they are going to continue to mention Brady was a drug addict and Chloe played a part in that matter, then I want them to delve into their relationship.

Nicole is much better with a baby in her hands than a martini. She reverted back to silly mannerisms like doing a gurgling like motions with her drinks and clapping her hands together like a toddler.

Looking forward to seeing tomorrow for Bope to not find anything in the treasure box.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

lysie
May 31 2010, 01:26 PM
Which part of Stephanie's family has had season tickets to the cubs ever since she can remember? She lived in California. I guess she means grandparents/cousins.
So sick of this show's script writers just making up shit in the dialogue that we know is NOT TRUE. The random dialogue about Sami having gone to massage school, which we never ever saw in her entire 17 years of being on the show that I recall, was weird and now we get this?

Stephanie's parents clearly didn't have season tickets to the Cubs as they weren't living in Chicago. None of her Brady Salem family has ever mentioned having season tickets before nor have the Johnsons. It's just so dumb to make up shit like that which doesn't ring true to longtime viewers all for the sake of getting to the point of Nathan talking about the possibility of moving to Baltimore.

Anyway about the rest of today's show, which I might as well get in my licks about while I can...

How the hell did the Salemcommunitylaptop get from Rafe's FBI mission in South America to the Brady Pub and EJ's table?

If everyone is so terrified about what Vivian will do that Bo had to have Carly live with him to protect her and Victor has to marry her to "neutralize" her isn't anyone worried about Ciara being under the same roof as her?

I can't believe how pro-Chloe and anti-Carly I am about everything despite what a pathetic desperate skank they've written her while I know in reality Carly is the more reasonable one. But when Carly just sitting there sipping her lemonade or whatever it was giving her the stinkeye... ooooooh bitch... What the fuck do you know about a secret like this coming back to haunt you? DANIEL FORGAVE YOU AFTER LIKE ONE DAY and you lied to him for two decades. You killed your ex-hubby and got away with it and you have a man who hates you marrying Vivian to protect you so really your secret hasn't hurt you one bit. Ughhhhhh... I can't believe how much this show is making me not like Carly! And how can she not have known about Daniel and Chloe's past dalliances while Chloe was married to Lucas until now, and why would he put so much stock in what Daniel's jilted ex-fling/Chloe's ex-monster-in-law has to say about things?

Snarky Nicole was in full effect today. I don't really like it when she's making EJ look dumb, but it's funny how much more palatable it is to me seeing her manipulate Brady and play him for a fool despite the fact I want Bricole to happen for real. Maybe it's just I'm so used to seeing EM look dumb as Ethan? I do wonder what they'll do for Nicole's love life when this is over. She does somehow have awesome chem with Baker.

Did that public defender take smug lessons from Rafe? Good grief. I didn't realize day players were allowed to be that satisfied with themselves. And this is a random ass quibble, but I think Lindsay Hartley overacts in those pauses where the actor is required to stare into space before they turn to the next scene in the act. I don't even know how it is possible to overact but the way her eyes were darting around so concerned it was somehow OTT. Or Passionsy. I can't totally explain it. But as much as I'm not really feeling the EJanna chemistry yet (it would help if Arianna smiled at some point) I do love seeing EJ get Brady's goat when he walked in on them.

Vivian poisoned her with a comb on her wedding day and Melanie is GIDDY about watching her cut a cake with a switchblade? WTF?

MAGSTOR!!! But I'm so glad they gave us that scene of Maggie talking to Mickey's picture.

Poor Ciara. Ooooooh super secret empty treasure box.

Is it just me or did they finally trim Phillip's hair a little bit? It seemed a bit better today.

"That went well." :lol: I don't know why but that just slayed me when he popped out to say that to Nicole. Can Baker just wonder around Salem saying that to everyone after they fucked up

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lysie
May 31 2010, 10:24 PM
Alligato
:rockon: :applause: :laugh:

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jun 1 2010, 07:16 AM
lysie
May 31 2010, 10:24 PM
Alligato
:rockon: :applause: :laugh:
Or maybe it's because she was!! :laugh: (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Keith
Member Avatar

JKJ's hair has seemed better in the past few weeks, but I wouldn't mind a real haircut.

Aw, Maggie. She's breaking my heart and making me fall in love at the same time. Damn you, SR, for being so talented.

Bope angst. :D Meanwhile, the more solo Ciara scene there are, the more I cringe. I cringe even more whenever she says "Mommy". It's just so false-seeming.

This Vivian/Chloe/Carly subplot is just a bore. I'm ready for the next step.

lysie
Member Avatar

:eyeroll: I've been reading for two days about how stupid Gabi is for looking for Rafe at the DiMera mansion, and that's not even what she was doing.

Why is Dr. Baker so weak?

I do think I could like Daniel/Carly, and I don't even hate Daniel/Chloe anymore. Interesting.

Remember when Chloe used to be smart? It was a long time ago.

MAGSTOR!

Some of Vivian's hair just disappeared into the lighting. Oh, there went the other half.

I want to use Carly's forehead like a magnadoodle.

lysie
Member Avatar

Did anyone else get that Huggies Jeans (Denim?) commercial? Arianna's shirt reminds me of it.

The Sami/Gabi scenes are painful. Because of both of them.

Ciara better get a pony when Hope finds out that she's the mugger.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
Jun 1 2010, 01:06 PM
:eyeroll: I've been reading for two days about how stupid Gabi is for looking for Rafe at the DiMera mansion, and that's not even what she was doing.

I do think I could like Daniel/Carly, and I don't even hate Daniel/Chloe anymore. Interesting.

MAGSTOR!

Some of Vivian's hair just disappeared into the lighting. Oh, there went the other half.

Man Lysie...I might just have to start tuning in early to catch this Magstor love everyone is talking about....and wait till it becomes the Magstorvivcar quad...3 women fighting for the silver fox! Awesome!

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 1 2010, 01:16 PM
lysie

MAGSTOR!

Man Lysie...I might just have to start tuning in early to catch this Magstor love everyone is talking about....and wait till it becomes the Magstorvivcar quad...3 women fighting for the silver fox! Awesome!
When I first started talking about MAGSTOR it was just because I liked the name, but seriously...they are :wub:

lysie
Member Avatar

What has happened to LH?

The lighting is making everything in the room looking the color of EJ's shirt. And it's not a pretty color.

Hehe...I know what she's saying, but it sounds like Arianna was just crying about her hair.

Weird camera angle for Daniel/Carly.

TINA222
Member Avatar

WTF was Sami wearing??? All she needed was one of those silly hats and her court jester outfit would be complete. :lol: At least it would be work. :lol:

Arianna has a such a crush on her lawyer. :lol: How many times did she touch him? Glad she didnt pull away when Brady walked in the door. Sami would have acted like her hand was on fire. Another reason Arianna is awsome and Sami sucks ass.

Here comes the EJ/Nicole showdown. :cheer: :cheer: EJ finally got his brain back and realized Nicole set up Arianna. I cant believe he doesnt realize Brady is the reason.

Carly needs to butt the hell out of Chloe's business. Im glad Ciara hates her. The kid might not be able to act but she can throw a death glare like a pro! MY SECRETS. The kid plays creepy very well. I hope she goes completely psycho.

I hate Nicole acting so needy and clingy. The character is better than that. Ari can do more than this crap. She shouldnt have to pathetically chase a man like that. Those Nicole/brady scenes are embarassing to watch.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 1 2010, 01:17 PM
LuvingLumi
Jun 1 2010, 01:16 PM
lysie

MAGSTOR!

When I first started talking about MAGSTOR it was just because I liked the name, but seriously...they are :wub:
That's where I am, too. I just liked the "grump and gossip" tagline, but they really do have something. Who would've thought?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply