Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 5/31-6/3; DAYS preempted for the French Open on Friday
Topic Started: May 29 2010, 12:44 AM (7,154 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

KMan101
Jun 3 2010, 05:25 PM
I'm watching the show again! Just for the Alice tribute.

It's not horrible by any means but why in the hell does Molly Burnett play Melanie like a whiney 12 year old? She's acting like a child. Whining, holding her head down, it's awful. Plain awful. It's a shame because I think Melanie had loads of potential.

I
Actually, the past couple of days are a huge improvement.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Is this a different bedroom set for Nathan and Stephanie?

And really...how much time can they actually spend driving? Where does Stephanie even live?

And cue the flashback.

lysie
Member Avatar

Oh, MAGSTOR.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lysie
Jun 3 2010, 05:39 PM
Oh, MAGSTOR.
I love your play-by-plays! I never in a gazillion years would think I'd root for Maggie to be with anyone but Micky, but that girl can be saucy!

lysie
Member Avatar

Why do Hope and Dr. Baker always stand in the same positions?

I literally forgot Adrienne existed.

lysie
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jun 3 2010, 05:40 PM
lysie
Jun 3 2010, 05:39 PM
Oh, MAGSTOR.
I love your play-by-plays! I never in a gazillion years would think I'd root for Maggie to be with anyone but Micky, but that girl can be saucy!
I think it helps that we haven't seen him in so long. Otherwise, I'd have an issue with it being too soon. It feels like it's been years.

And seriously...whoever did Carly's hair, keep it up. Major improvement.

lysie
Member Avatar

Hehe. There's a time-out chair in DANLOE's apartment.

Poor Ciara.

I wonder if there's a reason Nighttime Hope always has the bump-it.

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't really care for Adrienne, but this Stephanie/Adrienne conversation is good. I wish it were Kayla/Stephanie, though.

The combination of Nathan/Melanie seems to be the curse of death to their patients.

Shut up, Daniel! Oh, never mind. Someone's been watching old JER episodes. For a minute there I found dream sequence angry Daniel kind of hot. I never find Daniel hot. Interesting.

lysie
Member Avatar

"There's something we need to talk about." LOL. It sounds like Adrienne is about to explain to Stephanie that you can't get pregnant from kissing.

I wonder if Dr. Baker is talking about losing more than what we know from the baby switch. Mrs. Baker? A little Bakerette?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I watched the show today--random comments:

As much as I hate what an ass Victor is being to Vivian (I had such high hopes for a Kate/Stefano type pairing for them), I did laugh at Victor's lines about their honeymoon, and how he hoped it was a blushing bride's enthusiasm (or whatever he said) and not her need for an alibi, lol. I just love JA and LS together but naturally, this show will never give me what it wants. (Basically, they "bait and switched" me; I initially got interested because of Steve and Kayla and ever afterwards, my ratio of getting couples I wanted to couples I hated is, like, 1:15).

I loved Stephanie and Adrienne's talk. I think Shelley is doing a really good job with some very thankless material; I was glad to see some exploration of Stephanie's motives and at least some attempt to make her a little less cardboard.

As for the Danloe fantasy sequence (for once the word "sexual" doesn't belong in front of "fantasy" with those two), I hope the actual reveal is more fun. I want Chloe to lead off with, "Remember how you insisted I shouldn't feel guilty for fucking you when I was with Lucas?"

lysie
Member Avatar

Okay, well the PlanB scene ended up being kind of stupid. But I still really liked their other scenes.

When Chloe freaked about Carly calling her crazy it reminded me of Kate. I wish they had focused more on that last year.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Hot damn! Baker and Hope had a moment together, a sweet one at that. I was beginning to lose Hope, they just might sleep together yet!

Nathan and Steph are cute together but they really suck. So nice that Adrienne talked Stephanie off the ledge and that line about it being a long time for feeling of use to anyone has made Adrienne's return worth it and the way she kissed steph's hand while holding it with her two hands punctuated her love.

Phillip is the one who I really feel sorry for. Melanie just won't shut up with her meddling that she must have picked up from Maggie.

Loving Nadia so far! The killing Carly stuff is a little much but hearing Chloe fly off the handle when Carly called her crazy and said "don't say that word!!" makes me hopeful they are going SOMEWHERE with this.

Poor Ciarra, Hope's going to make the girl lose her marbles.

Maggie's a bitch.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Keith
Jun 3 2010, 04:33 PM
I did like Stephanie feeling remorse for what she's been doing. I know most people on here don't like the story, but after today, I actual see a sliver of human/character stuff in it. It would be better if they'd put more focus on it, but the mention about Nathan and Stephanie having dad/abandonment issues is a clear reason for Stephanie to be so gungho about having a family. It explains the desperation, etc. Her talk with Adrienne was also great, because she doesn't want to trap Nathan, now. She doesn't want him to resent her and today she realized he just might. Only, now it might be too late. I mean, in our generation, this stuff happens all the time. Young couples get saddled with kids because of stupid decisions. And while the story has developed awkwardly, I see some potential in it. Not to mention, I love Adrienne being used. I liked her as Stephanie's confidante on JE's last run, too.
"Developed awkwardly" is a perfect description, I would also add that Nathan's ideas of romantic dialogue is lacking but other than those I like this s/l for the points you mention.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Jun 3 2010, 04:54 PM
I gotta say I'm not a Magstor fan.
Me neither. It's unexpected but it didn't develop naturally, for one. The other thing I don't like is how much MORE of a prick Victor is to Vivian and how weak it makes him look to marry someone he doesn't want to marry. Also, how snotty Maggie is acting while brushing it off with a little miss innocent act. I am looking forward to seeing how Caroline is going to react when she finds out these two are flirting.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

jackie1133
Jun 3 2010, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I guess the primary reason why I really couldn't interpret what they were going for is because it didn't seem like "jealousy" to me either, it was more visceral than that...
what could me more visceral than jealousy?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Ari's baby! So cute!

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

^^ So sweet! She looks happy as a clam with her daddy.

jackie1133

Halloween Family
Jun 3 2010, 07:21 PM
jackie1133
Yeah, I guess the primary reason why I really couldn't interpret what they were going for is because it didn't seem like "jealousy" to me either, it was more visceral than that...
LOL. Good point. I don't know, she just seemed more OTT freaked than jealous to me, but I still can't quite put my finger on it...

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

jackie1133
Jun 3 2010, 07:34 PM
Halloween Family
Jun 3 2010, 07:21 PM
jackie1133
LOL. Good point. I don't know, she just seemed more OTT freaked than jealous to me, but I still can't quite put my finger on it...
I saw it as a combination of jealousy, concern, surprise and hurt with a whole lot of bad acting.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jun 3 2010, 07:23 PM
Ari's baby! So cute!

Posted Image
AWWWWW, what a cute picture!!! Looks like Kyle loves being a daddy!
Thanks for posting!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply