Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Big Brother 12: Live Feeds Discussion; Warning: SPOILERS
Topic Started: May 30 2010, 06:25 AM (89,486 Views)
BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

Kenny
May 31 2010, 04:05 PM
I'm going to cry.

There's a new rumor (courtesy of James Rhine) that BB12 will be the final season of Big Brother.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What am I going to spend my summers intently watching; Wipeout?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

:hail: Going into further research, it turns out that this will be the last season of the BRITISH version of Big Brother. USA Big Brother is unscathed as of yet. *sigh of relief*

Kenny
Member Avatar

BC2.0
May 31 2010, 05:08 PM
:hail: Going into further research, it turns out that this will be the last season of the BRITISH version of Big Brother. USA Big Brother is unscathed as of yet. *sigh of relief*
I believe James Rhine specified that he was talking about the US version of Big Brother when he said this would be the last season. He could just be talking out of his ass though.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Kenny
May 31 2010, 06:13 PM
BC2.0
May 31 2010, 05:08 PM
I believe James Rhine specified that he was talking about the US version of Big Brother when he said this would be the last season. He could just be talking out of his ass though.
That's what I'm assuming/hoping. He probably just wanted to see how quick he could start speculation that this would be the last season.

Kenny
Member Avatar

James has a tendency to act like he knows a lot when in actuality he knows very little.

Still, these rumors make me nervous every year, LoL.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

^^Yeah, that doesn't surprise me.

I just don't see any reason for them to cancel it after this season, unless this season does horrible ratings wise. It's become such a solid summer staple. Although, we have seen stranger things happen in TVland, so who knows.

Deleted User
Deleted User

James Whine being nothing but a succubus. What else is new?
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mateo
May 31 2010, 06:24 PM
^^Yeah, that doesn't surprise me.

I just don't see any reason for them to cancel it after this season, unless this season does horrible ratings wise. It's become such a solid summer staple. Although, we have seen stranger things happen in TVland, so who knows.
The only reason I can see is that maybe Julie Chen doesn't want to do it anymore and since she's the wife of the network president, he would rather cancel the show than replace her.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

That'd be one All Stars I could get behind. People used to being filmed, but not 24/7 and live on the internet.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I dont think Moonves would tank a money making opportunity just because his wife wanted to move on. If the show had been performing badly the last few years maybe, but its ratings were up both the last 2 years. Its not like she's the draw of Big Brother in the first place. They'd just make a big deal of it being her last season.

IMPORT DAVINA

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

^^I still want them to do a Zombie-esque 'season' like they did with the UK series. Can you imagine zombie Chenbot? LOL!

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

No, cause Moonves would chopper her away to safety.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Meanwhile, BBUK actually is ending after this season.

This funeral promo they've been airing for it is quite funny.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

I would be so upset if they canceled BB US, I always look forward to it every summer.

Mason
Member Avatar

Considering this is coming from James, of all people, I'm not too worried.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I loved the funeral. I dont really know many of the former houseguests. I saw Pete, Brian Bello, "Samanda", that tranny that won BB5.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Oh crap, I hope that rumor is bullshit. Julie is only on the live shows, so I don't see why she wouldn't have time. If she is the problem (if it's even true), I hope they just replace her.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Where did this rumor originate?

I looked on his twitter account and someone says... will this be the last season of big brother?

James responds: @lillyhearts not sure? Maybe 13 will be the last...

Is that what has everyone's panties in a knot?

Manny
Member Avatar

I don't know. Why would they plan the end if they didn't even start this season. They have no idea how this season will do in ratings. Last season was a huge success in ratings (up in all groups from year before). It doesn't make sense. I would guess he said what Mary posted earlier (about him saying MAYBE 13 is last) and someone just spread it around and said James said it would their last season. :P

KMan101
Member Avatar

Big Brother is always renewed on a year to year basis. I wouldn't be too concerned. Technically, ANY season could be it's last.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply