Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Big Brother 12: Live Feeds Discussion; Warning: SPOILERS
Topic Started: May 30 2010, 06:25 AM (87,657 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Only one night left in the house for the three douchebags. Hooray!

By the way, I think the feeds are done for the year. CBS/RP cut them less than an hour ago.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

In case anyone cares what Grodner has to say for herself regarding the blocked feeds:

Cutting the feeds: I asked Grodner about her claim to critics that “armchair producers” (feed watchers) keep the show honest, which doesn’t hold up because the feeds are cut and/or the houseguests are yelled at when they discuss anything remotely related to the way the show is constructed. Why do they do that? “We tell them we don’t want production to be discussed, we don’t want casting to be discussed. It’s overall confidentiality. It’s no big conspiracy when it comes down to it,” Grodner said. Meehan added, “We want the show to be about them and their relationships, and we want to just stay out of it.”

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/big_brother_12/2010_Sep_14_grodner_meehan

She also had a lot of B.S. denying all kinds of DR manipulation, even when point blank asked about BB8 Eric's claims of it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Not unexpected. DR manipulation is a fact, she doesnt want to admit it for obvious reasons. The show is staged. If the general viewing public really knew how much it'd put alot of them off.

Edited by Drew, Sep 14 2010, 09:50 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I don't think the show is 'staged' at all. To say it's staged suggests that everyone in the house is basically acting out a script and they're all actors, but that's not the case. The Diary Room does try to influence people to do certain things (nominate certain people, vote to evict certain people) when there's someone they really want to save, but at the end of the day, the HG's still have their own free will and have gone against the DR many times in the past. Look no further than week one of this season for proof of that.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Staged doesnt imply they're acting out a script. But there are definitely events they set up. If this is really supposed to be just the houseguests story, we're to believe that every final 2/3 walks around the house (including rooms they dont otherwise have access to like the HOH room) talking about specific events on their own? That they arent being told over the loud speaker "talk about zingbot, talk about the ragan/rachel fight" etc etc? That they dont get fed lines during competitions, and do multiple takes?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Drew
Sep 14 2010, 10:07 PM
If this is really supposed to be just the houseguests story, we're to believe that every final 2/3 walks around the house (including rooms they dont otherwise have access to like the HOH room) talking about specific events on their own? That they arent being told over the loud speaker "talk about zingbot, talk about the ragan/rachel fight" etc etc? That they dont get fed lines during competitions, and do multiple takes?
Oh, yeah. That part is definitely scripted, just like the "One of my duties as HOH is to nominate two people for eviction" schpiel in every Sunday episode. The ceremonial opening stuff is always scripted... I assume to help new viewers understand what's going on. Everything else though (private strategy talks, 85% of what we see on the live feeds, etc.) happens at the HG's free will.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply