Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: June Discussion
Topic Started: May 30 2010, 06:29 PM (7,301 Views)
Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Crazygirl
Jun 30 2010, 08:45 AM
Well we definitely agree that this isn't the Sharon I used to love either. Really all three characters, Phyllis, Nick and Sharon have been so thoroughly destroyed at this point that I don't root for any of them anymore. I also agree that the Phyllis of old would have NEVER put up with Nick for this long, she would have castrated him by this point. I'm still holding out hope that she does, that way I don't have to worry about the writers trying to slap him back together with Sharon. At this point I'd rather see Phyllis and Sharon together then see EITHER woman with Nick!
:lol: :lol: :lol: I agree with THAT!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Jun 29 2010, 11:29 PM
The show does a TERRIBLE job of balancing a large cast! It seems like people drop out of sight for weeks at a time!
Yea, when's the last time we saw Nina, for example? I keep forgetting she's there, then she'll randomly pop up in a scene with Chloe and Chance. What are we calling them, chlance?

Thanks for the clip Daytime. That was sweet. I tuned out for a long time, and missed the majority of Nick's triangle (I did see the clips you posted of it, Daytime, but haven't had time to watch yet), and it hasn't done any of the three any favors. Nick is acting like a fickle loser, and the women are weak and pathetic. Grandpa, I wish I was as convinced as you that Phyllis had her spine back. I think if Nick did walk away, she'd be running after him, dragging Summer with her. It's like earlier this year, when he told her he wanted her to understand why he didn't want Sharon to date anyone else, and she slapped him, and got angry. but they patched things up, even though Nick never really changed.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Crazygirl
Jun 30 2010, 08:45 AM
Well we definitely agree that this isn't the Sharon I used to love either. Really all three characters, Phyllis, Nick and Sharon have been so thoroughly destroyed at this point that I don't root for any of them anymore. I also agree that the Phyllis of old would have NEVER put up with Nick for this long, she would have castrated him by this point. I'm still holding out hope that she does, that way I don't have to worry about the writers trying to slap him back together with Sharon. At this point I'd rather see Phyllis and Sharon together then see EITHER woman with Nick!
You know what Crazygirl, I was thinking what if Phyllis moved in with Sharon in the penthouse. I know farfetched, but would make for great storytelling. Now wouldn't that be a hoot.....

Sharon and Phyllis should raise there kids together and leave Nick stewing in his own crap!

I have never been a Sharon fan, but I think both women deserve better than jackass Nick!
Edited by Daytime, Jun 30 2010, 09:25 AM.

Daytime
Member Avatar

six
Jun 30 2010, 09:18 AM
Grandpa Hughes
The show does a TERRIBLE job of balancing a large cast! It seems like people drop out of sight for weeks at a time!
Yea, when's the last time we saw Nina, for example? I keep forgetting she's there, then she'll randomly pop up in a scene with Chloe and Chance. What are we calling them, chlance?

Thanks for the clip Daytime. That was sweet. I tuned out for a long time, and missed the majority of Nick's triangle (I did see the clips you posted of it, Daytime, but haven't had time to watch yet), and it hasn't done any of the three any favors. Nick is acting like a fickle loser, and the women are weak and pathetic. Grandpa, I wish I was as convinced as you that Phyllis had her spine back. I think if Nick did walk away, she'd be running after him, dragging Summer with her. It's like earlier this year, when he told her he wanted her to understand why he didn't want Sharon to date anyone else, and she slapped him, and got angry. but they patched things up, even though Nick never really changed.
Six, be very glad you missed that triangle. For 4 years we had to endure this had it has not done anything but make me hate and feel contempt for it. MAB has beat us over the head with this crap and I was beginning to think it was never going to end. I was going to quit this show, but then Villy happened and I got hooked again. As a Phyllis fan, I was very disappointed because everyone know Phyllis is not the type of woman that takes that kind of crap, she would just run you down with her car and call it a day. *sighs* The good old days......Gawd I miss that crazy Phyllis.....She was freakin awesome!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Daytime
Jun 30 2010, 09:30 AM
six
Grandpa Hughes

Six, be very glad you missed that triangle. For 4 years we had to endure this had it has not done anything but make me hate and feel contempt for it. MAB has beat us over the head with this crap and I was beginning to think it was never going to end. I was going to quit this show, but then Villy happened and I got hooked again. As a Phyllis fan, I was very disappointed because everyone know Phyllis is not the type of woman that takes that kind of crap, she would just run you down with her car and call it a day. *sighs* The good old days......Gawd I miss that crazy Phyllis.....She was freakin awesome!
That was when she was in top 4 Y&R female characters! She still is, but while Michelle doesn't want to play psycho anymore( or so I heard), Phyllis can still have a personality! Like when she was going with Damon and renting the Tack House with Daniel and that creepy little Alex guy came in! He called her a bitch and she slapped him and then got Mikey to help her scare the punk away for awhile! But MAB seems determined to ruin characters or not follow up on intriguing story ideas! When Sharon started losing it and doing all of that crazy stealing and sleeping with Billy etc. They missed a great chance to explore Sharon's past before GC! She could have been abused by her long absent/dead father which would explain the Victor thing and her erratic behavior in the past! She and Nikki could have bonded over being victims of abuse by their fathers etc! Sharon was more interesting in that plot line than she'd been in a long time! And Sharon Case proved she's a good actress when given good material!

Daytime
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Jun 30 2010, 10:05 AM
Daytime
Jun 30 2010, 09:30 AM
six

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
That was when she was in top 4 Y&R female characters! She still is, but while Michelle doesn't want to play psycho anymore( or so I heard), Phyllis can still have a personality! Like when she was going with Damon and renting the Tack House with Daniel and that creepy little Alex guy came in! He called her a bitch and she slapped him and then got Mikey to help her scare the punk away for awhile! But MAB seems determined to ruin characters or not follow up on intriguing story ideas! When Sharon started losing it and doing all of that crazy stealing and sleeping with Billy etc. They missed a great chance to explore Sharon's past before GC! She could have been abused by her long absent/dead father which would explain the Victor thing and her erratic behavior in the past! She and Nikki could have bonded over being victims of abuse by their fathers etc! Sharon was more interesting in that plot line than she'd been in a long time! And Sharon Case proved she's a good actress when given good material!
Oh gawd, how could I have forgotten about that! That was freakin awesome! She doesn't have to go all psycho anymore, but some aspects of it would be nice. ;) MAB has ruined alot of characters, I hardly recongize any of them.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Plot gone Wrong BIG TYME,, Why in the hell did they ever pair Neil and Ash? Good Lawd that so-call break up today was as awful as their bedroom scene. I'm glad it's over now lets get'it on and poppin with Tuck and Ash.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Can we just skip to where Bianca and Chance have sex before the wedding, and Jeff Branson is one of the people behind the drug ring?

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

This new detective, I don't know about him, I think he's dirty and the DA is too, or incredibly stupid.
Nina, needs to take a chill pill, she's acting like an idiot.
Jill, give it a rest, you were adopted by the Fosters, that means you are NOT a Fenmore, get over it and move on, you look like a money grubber.
Neil and Ash, I'd rather watch grass grow, glad Neil said those words that strike fear into every relationship, "we need to talk".
Who on this earth doesn't know what that means?
Loving Jeff and Gloria as new club owners, this should be a total hoot!

Novarah

Amelia Heinle does her own hair on the show that's why it always looks so bad!

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

Amelia Heinle's bad hair PERFECTLY matches her bad acting!! LOL!!! :D

I am sick and tired of Patty!!! I can't deal with her histrionics anymore!! Jesus, give me strength!!! I don't get Jack and Emily's relationship. It rings FALSE for me on all levels. I see no chemistry or spark. They never should have gotten married, and everyday I am forced to see them "in love," I just want to grab the nearest barf bag!!! :puke:

Maria Bell doesn't know how to juggle. She always ends up dropping 70% of the balls, and the other 30% that she DOESN'T drop, she waters down to the point of driving me up the FREAKING wall!!! :flipoff:

Phyllis needs to hang Nick from the nearest rafter!! Enough is enough. Is the sex REALLY that good??? I guess so. After all these years, it's sad to see Phyllis still desperately trying to cling onto a man who doesn't love her 100%!! It's like going back in time to the mid 90s when she was pining away over Danny. I thought she'd grown so much more as a character. :shame:
Edited by alstonboy4315, Jun 30 2010, 08:54 PM.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Novarah
Jun 30 2010, 06:19 PM
Amelia Heinle does her own hair on the show that's why it always looks so bad!
I have grown to really care this character but that girl needs to give it up and let the professionals handle her hair. lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply