Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Video:Fan Q&A with Ali and Galen
Topic Started: Jun 2 2010, 02:02 AM (2,402 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/fan-q-and-a-with-alison-sweeney-and-galen-gering/1231828/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

It was nice seeing Sami be a heroine for awhile, but it's gotten old. IMO, DAYS needs to transform Sami back into more of a villainess, ASAP. She was meant to be a biotch, not a whiney saint. And they also need to do something other than explore her romantic dramas 24/7, as if thats all the DAYS viewers care about. Give the woman space to breath, let her branch out.

Thanks for posting!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I like the dress Ali has on here. I think she wore it for that NBC party for DAYS that they had a while back so they must've filmed this a bit of a while ago.

:peek: at Alison's mention of enjoying working behind the scenes as a producer/director if she wasn't acting.

Glad that being a heroine after all these years is so much fun for AS, but it's not as much fun as her being a villainess for me as a viewer and quite a lot of other viewers.
Edited by IMissAremid, Jun 2 2010, 03:49 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I'm not going to say a word....

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

It's ironic...it's definitely TIME for Sami to grow up (after over 15 years of doing the same crap over and over again and expecting a different result!), but she's definitely one of those character who is not as interesting when she's not raising hell. Some actresses/characters can successfully transition from villainess to heroine without boring the hell out of the audience, but I don't know if Sami Brady/Allison Sweeney are one of them. Just sayin.....

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Ugh..Can't see it! :(

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Sami could be a heroine, just not one like Marlena. Sami was meant to be a hero eventually but one cut from the same cloth as GL's Reva, Atwt's Carly and AMC's Erica Kane. Women with attitude who walked a fine line for reformed bad girls.

My problem isn't she's a heroine. It's that she's unrecognizable in that role. Partially because she didn't grow into it and they chose wrong kind to make her into.
Edited by Aliaron, Jun 2 2010, 10:07 AM.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting the link. Ali looked great in that dress and I loved her hair style there, and Galen was looking all kinds of fine. :wub: I've enjoyed their lovestory also.

mirabella

I loved the Q&A with Ali and Galen. They have a great natural chemistry about them, both have a sense of humor and great work ethic. I enjoyed the teasing that just seems to come natural to both of them.

Thanks for posting.

Manda1

Ally
Jun 2 2010, 09:42 AM
I can't see it either...any chance of a youtube version being created please? :smile:

daisy132

Can't see it, but it's just more Rafe pimping anyways. Thanks for posting.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

daisy132
Jun 2 2010, 06:23 PM
Can't see it, but it's just more Rafe pimping anyways. Thanks for posting.
How was it Rafe pimping? Come on-- if Ali had done that Q and A with JS, then would it have been EJ pimping or ejami pimping? Of course not. Geez, two co-starts can't do an interview together without it having some hidden meaning or being pimping?? That's ridiculous, IMO. And if you haven't seen it, how would you know??

I thought it was great and well done. Ali and Galen seem at ease together and have fabulous chemistry on and off screen. You can tell that they are friends and enjoy working together. I thought Ali made it clear that she likes not being the vilainess now. I don't see them putting her back as a bad girl. She has moved on.

TINA222
Member Avatar

Putting her with EJ would take her out of the herionne role. She doesnt want that. From her own lips. From everything I have read what she wants she gets. I really believe she is the reason Ejami never is allowed to get to that next level. I think she threatened to quit if they ever went there in any official way. This is why we get the skirting around Sami and her "feelings". But they are not allowed to cross a certain line. Maybe she even has it in her contract. I think she has that much power now.
Edited by TINA222, Jun 2 2010, 08:19 PM.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Manda1
Jun 2 2010, 04:35 PM
Ally
Jun 2 2010, 09:42 AM
I can't see it either...any chance of a youtube version being created please? :smile:
Ask & you shall recieve & no I didn't do it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGppYCPaBsY

lysie
Member Avatar

Alison, don't kid yourself. Sami isn't a heroine. To be a heroine she would have to do something heroic or...you know...active. She's a waste of space.

Criss33
Member Avatar

I like Sami as a bad girl not totally bad like in the past selling her step-sister on the black market, or switching DNA's, telling big lies etc. I guess i would like to see her more of a gray character than a goody two-shoes Sami that would be beyond boring. What is up with the DOOL writers all good characters are turning bad and bad characters are turning good. Viewers are having a hard time adjusting to what a character is really like and therefore losing interest in the show in general. :sleep:

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

Dena Higley has gone mad.........and NOBODY is safe!!! (cue the scary music and dramatic thunderclaps!!!!!) :scared:
I guess overnight character assassination is the latest trend in Salem??? Forgive me if I choose to remain "out of fashion"............
Edited by alstonboy4315, Jun 2 2010, 10:41 PM.

Manda1

Thank you Dimerafamily for posting this and Crookedhalo for finding it and sharing :smile:

These two are very cute! Well timed release of this video in advance of the EJ and Sami kiss so that we can know that despite that Sami and Rafe is the 'love story' and she's not going back to super schemer and bad girl anytime soon.

I am not surprised, she is the NBC star of the biggest loser etc and they what her clean and wholesome in the main mor as a 'young bad girl, turned good' as a character, makes sense to me and Ali saying that she enjoys playing it means that is what she will continue to get.

Covering Galen's ears when she mentioned the kiss with him gagging was funny too - Galen honey we get it! :lol:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

:rolleyes:

Marlena was the star of DAYS for 20 years and that didn't stop her from cheating on her husband, getting possessed or being a serial killer.

If they want to make Sami a heroine FINE. But that doesn't mean they have to make her such a saccharine bore. Give her a job where she can be mischievous and otherwise use her brain if they aren't going to have her getting revenge or scheming against anyone.
Edited by IMissAremid, Jun 3 2010, 12:52 AM.

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

I really like that interview. I LOVE that Ali wants Sami to be the good girl vs bad girl. You can tell that Ali and Galen really like each other and are friends. I loved when she covered his ears to tell about that kiss too---they are so funny together. I look forward to him returning to Salem and seeing what takes place then!!
And of course Rafe is coming back while Bryan/Lucas is in town so makes it pretty easy to look forward to that time!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply