Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
June Promo!; Plus: A list of June return dates
Topic Started: Jun 3 2010, 12:11 PM (13,077 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

List of June return dates: (dates are now correct)
-Melissa Reeves (Jennifer)- June 10th
-Maree Cheatham ( Marie) - June 11th
-Jaime Lyn Bauer (Laura) - June 15th
-John Martin (Bill) - June 15th
-Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) - June 18th
-Lisa Trusel (Melissa) - June 18th
-Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) - June 21st
-Christie Clark (Carrie) - June 23rd
-Roark Critchlow (Mike) - June 23rd
-Patsy Pease (Kimberly) - June 24th
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

So now we finally know something about Mike's return. He isn't at the funeral because he's in the hospital?
Quote Post Goto Top

TINA222
Member Avatar

Sami choosing between her men? again? yawn. Dont care. Like we dont know who will win. Some are not fooled.

Chloe and Carly? Eh

Bricole? RIP.

Alice? *sniffs* I didnt think I would react as much as I did watching that promo about her death.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

:( to the Alice stuff :(

DOOLFan85

OMG I cannot wait! What a month it's going to be... From the looks of it Kristian is going to knock her scenes out the part. Bo and Hope = love. EJami kiss = HALLELUJAH!!! Carrie and Lucas siting is great. The funeral has already got me watery already.

lysie
Member Avatar

Oh, I wish I could see it. Anyone wanna give a PBP?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

Man the Alice snippet bought tears to my eyes and it wasn't even that long. I wonder why Mike ends up not seeing Alice before she passes....

Glad that it looks like Hope is coming around to Bo....finally.

Ej and Sami and Rafe.....please....Sami has officially become a ho.....make up your fucking damn mind already....the character is really being destroyed as a result of this....but whatever...Sami saying, "I can't imagine my life without you" is so fucking stupid...you lived without him for so long, he's not your twin and you've been away from HIM for the longest fucking time. I won't watch after June so who the fuck cares.

Bricole is on the path to destruction, does anyone want to make a bet by the time Brady realizes what Nicole's done Ari has already started falling for EJ.....Brady won't be able to destroy Nicole and we all know that....I wonder if his way of destroying her is that he jumps her bones.

Chloe and Carly...meh

Realistically if they didn't have the Alice stuff June would be an uber failure.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OMG my eyes are welling up at the end with Hope talking to Gran's picture! The next few weeks are gonna be rough.

What an amazing promo though.

:wub: Bope! :wub:

The EJami kiss looks hot! Is EJ STILL wearing that same pink shirt and gray suit combo when it happens though? LOL. That's one long ass day.

UGH I want to bitchslap Carly for ruining Chloe's life so much. She's just so SMUG for being a homewrecker murderess bigtime liar and adulterer herself.

So glad to see Carrie, Lucas, Jen and Mike back.

The only thing that could've been better was it hinting at a Kim-Shane reunion.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Okay, this one brought tears to my eyes. :'(

Bope= :wub:

Ejami= :wub:

Jennifer= :wub:

Oh heck, the whole darn preview= :wub:

lysie
Member Avatar

You people are killing me.

esp13
Member Avatar

Lysie --

The play by play has Sami choosing between EJ and Rafe. Shows a kiss between EJ and Sami, Rafe telling Shane he loves Sami, Rafe showing up the door of the DiMera mansion, and Carrie telling Sami she has to choose.

Then it switches to Danloe with them having a hospital bedside wedding (Chloe's in the hospital bed) as Carly comes in and interrupts and says she is going to say what she came to say.

Then it's the Arianna/Brady/Nicole triangle as Arianna tells Nicole she knows it was Nicole who set her up and Brady tells Nicole that if he finds out who framed Arianna he'll destroy them.

Then we get the Alice stuff. We see Bo and Hope at the Bope house with Hope talking about how losing someone you love makes you realize how much you love them and how precious life is. Then the narrator talks about old friends returning as we see Kayla coming into the pub and Stephanie hugging her, Lucas in Maggie's kitchen, Mike in the hospital (as a patient) saying he needs to see Gram and Bill and Jen telling him that she's gone; then shots of the group gathered at Alice's gravesite. The final line is Hope saying something like how Alice will be watching over them for "all the days of our lives."

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Everything up until Bope had me thinking, "nope, not watching that shit," but the Alice stuff looks very moving, FakeMike, fake foliage at the cemetery and all.

Kayla! :wub: Surprisingly, I was even happy to see Carrie, who I never liked.

Thanks for posting!

ETA: Is the title actually "Days Brings the Summer Heat?" Kind of an odd title IMO given the focus on the death of the show's matriarch.
Edited by Paxton, Jun 3 2010, 12:54 PM.

BradyB

THis promo rocks. I agree that just the short clip of Alice's funeral has me in tears!!! Christie Clark and Melissa Reeves are still hot after all these years. It would be great to have Jenn and Carrie back in Salem. I wonder if they are gonna mention that Carrie is pregant by Austin? Since Christie is pregant in real life!!

lysie
Member Avatar

esp13
Jun 3 2010, 12:48 PM
Lysie --

The play by play has Sami choosing between EJ and Rafe. Shows a kiss between EJ and Sami, Rafe telling Shane he loves Sami, Rafe showing up the door of the DiMera mansion, and Carrie telling Sami she has to choose.

Then it switches to Danloe with them having a hospital bedside wedding (Chloe's in the hospital bed) as Carly comes in and interrupts and says she is going to say what she came to say.

Then it's the Arianna/Brady/Nicole triangle as Arianna tells Nicole she knows it was Nicole who set her up and Brady tells Nicole that if he finds out who framed Arianna he'll destroy them.

Then we get the Alice stuff. We see Bo and Hope at the Bope house with Hope talking about how losing someone you love makes you realize how much you love them and how precious life is. Then the narrator talks about old friends returning as we see Kayla coming into the pub and Stephanie hugging her, Lucas in Maggie's kitchen, Mike in the hospital (as a patient) saying he needs to see Gram and Bill and Jen telling him that she's gone; then shots of the group gathered at Alice's gravesite. The final line is Hope saying something like how Alice will be watching over them for "all the days of our lives."
Thanks! I teared up reading it. My gosh.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Love it. I'll be watching daily this month..

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Why am I bawling over a preview?!?! Goodness, this is going to be one of those things where I shut the door and cry silently while watching DOOL...for a month.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm actually interested in the EJ/Sami/Rafe triangle, finally. Something is actually happening. It's no longer Sami stuck between two men. It looks like she's choosing EJ because Rafe is nowhere in sight. There's movement. And it couldn't be at a worst time, just as Rafe returns home. Perfect timing!

And I can't wait to see Carrie and Sami's conversation. Carrie's speaking from personal experience.

Not interested in Daniel and Chloe's wedding drama at all. Why is Chloe in the hospital AGAIN?!

The Nicole/Brady/Arianna triangle is somewhat interesting, but only when Nicole is one up on Arianna. When Brady and Arianna are happy, it's a snoozefest. But I am glad it sounds like Ari has the Salem brain and is on to Nicole. That should add some conflict between her and Brady, who will probably not believe that Nicole is responsible.

The tribute to Alice is looking amazing! I love seeing all of the characters interacting with the returning favorites. It's interesting that Mike is in the hospital. I can't wait to find out why he's there. I wonder if we'll have any Carrie and Mike scenes.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

DrewHamilton
Jun 3 2010, 01:05 PM
Why is Chloe in the hospital AGAIN?!
I assume from her fall down the elevator shaft, per last week's promo.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Seeing this promo... Kinda of gets you choked up. It feels like I'm preparing to say goodbye to Days as everyone prepares to say goodbye to Grans.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Eww, I don't like Hope's line at the end. "I know you'll look out for us for all the rest of the days of our lives." It sounds weird. It doesn't flow off her tongue very well, LoL. What an awkward line.

Sami/Rafe/EJ = Zzz. I hope they didn't bring Carrie back just to have her doling out romantic advice to Sami. I truly couldn't care less who Sami chooses or doesn't choose.

I really like the lighting at :13 (the shot of Sami standing in the DiMansion living room telling EJ she can't imagine her life without him in it). Ali Sweeney looks really good there.

I find it odd that Mike is in the hospital. Weird.

It sucks that Chloe and Daniel are getting married in the hospital. Not only are we not getting St. Luke's for Alice's funeral, we aren't getting St. Luke's for Chloe and Daniel's wedding... just like we didn't get St. Luke's for Vivian and Victor's wedding or Phillip and Melanie's wedding. This show is so damn cheap.

Nicole/Brady/Arianna = Zzz. I can't take Brady seriously at all knowing what a goofball Eric Martsolf is in real life. "When I find the person responsible for framing her, I'll destroy them." LoL, please.

I hate the lighting in the cemetery scenes. I hate that they didn't break out the wind machines. It looks so unrealistic for everyone to be standing outside without the sound of birds chirping or a breeze blowing through their hair and through the trees. It's stagnant air. I also hate the brick wall they're standing in front of. That just screams "we're too lazy and cheap to build a pretty backdrop so we're just going to erect this brick wall instead." Would it have killed them to spend an extra dollar or two for Alice's memorial to actually make it look good or to give us a funeral in an actual church?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply