Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
June Promo!; Plus: A list of June return dates
Topic Started: Jun 3 2010, 12:11 PM (13,190 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 3 2010, 01:10 PM
Eww, I don't like Hope's line at the end. "I know you'll look out for us for all the rest of the days of our lives." It sounds weird. It doesn't flow off her tongue very well, LoL. What an awkward line.

Sami/Rafe/EJ = Zzz. I hope they didn't bring Carrie back just to have her doling out romantic advice to Sami. I truly couldn't care less who Sami chooses or doesn't choose.

I really like the lighting at :13 (the shot of Sami standing in the DiMansion living room telling EJ she can't imagine her life without him in it). Ali Sweeney looks really good there.

I find it odd that Mike is in the hospital. Weird.

It sucks that Chloe and Daniel are getting married in the hospital. Not only are we not getting St. Luke's for Alice's funeral, we aren't getting St. Luke's for Chloe and Daniel's wedding... just like we didn't get St. Luke's for Vivian and Victor's wedding or Phillip and Melanie's wedding. This show is so damn cheap.

Nicole/Brady/Arianna = Zzz. I can't take Brady seriously at all knowing what a goofball Eric Martsolf is in real life. "When I find the person responsible for framing her, I'll destroy them." LoL, please.

I hate the lighting in the cemetery scenes. I hate that they didn't break out the wind machines. It looks so unrealistic for everyone to be standing outside without the sound of birds chirping or a breeze blowing through their hair and through the trees. I also hate the brick wall they're standing in front of. That just screams "we're too lazy and cheap to build a pretty backdrop so we're just going to erect this brick wall instead." Would it have killed them to spend an extra dollar or two for Alice's memorial to actually make it look good or to give us a funeral in an actual church?
This is the weirdest thing I've ever read.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jackie1133

Fabulous Days Promo, all of the stories look to finally be moving in June...

:wub: Ejami :wub:

Sami throwing herself into EJ's arms, LOL.

Bricole/Ejami Parallel - So Sami is going to kill whoever is behind the Sydnap (onscreen a week ago) and Brady is going to destroy whoever set Ari up (Promo). We already know that there is nothing that Nicole could ever do to truly turn Brady against her if stealing his sister's baby didn't do the trick either.

I guess the Promo answers my question from yesterday whether there was still going to be a Danloe Wedding with Chloe falling down an elevator shaft - another Hospital Room wedding. Bummer.

Bope = true love. I knew this would be a plot device to bring them back closer together.

The tribute to Alice is going to be completely Heartbreaking... looking forward to seeing all of the vets back. Thanks for posting. :biggrin:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Am I only one slightly peeved that we've got both Carrie and Shane back and, from this promo, we're to believe that their only story purpose is to dish out romantic advice to Rafe & Sami? :drunk:

Personally, I'd rather watch Shane & Kimberly working their way back together (and introducing adult Andrew & Jeanne) and the Vivian/Victor/Maggie story than pretty much any of the other couples currently on the show.

BradyB

I have heard that we were lucky to see Mike return at all. Roark had a very hard time working around his work schedule from V. I think that is why we didn't get to see him in the funeral part of the promo. I am anxious to find out what landed him in the hospital.

BradyB

I agree that Jeannie and Andrew should be in Salem. Instead of creating teens that have little or no ties to other characters why not use the kids we already have from the past for the teen storylines?? You got Kim and Shane's kids and Justin and Adrienne's kids just to name a few.

jackie1133

Matt
Jun 3 2010, 01:19 PM
Am I only one slightly peeved that we've got both Carrie and Shane back and, from this promo, we're to believe that their only story purpose is to dish out romantic advice to Rafe & Sami? :drunk:

Based on Higley's recent Interview, I think she said that they tried to incorporate all of the returning vets into the existing stories (beyond the tribute). Like, Jenn in the Bope/Barly mess too.

aimees76
Member Avatar

The Alice stuff brought tears to my eyes ... the Sami and Ej stuff brought vomit to the back of my throat ... such a shame.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm not really bothered that it's not taking place at St. Luke's. The Hortons are not Catholic. It shouldn't be there. Sure, they could have used the church set and got rid of anything that symbolizes that Catholic religion, and say it's a Protestant church, but I think that the outdoor scenes, based on just the little we are seeing from the previews, is enough.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jun 3 2010, 01:35 PM.

BradyB

I agree with Drew. Hortons are not catholic. I am hoping for Kim and Shane to share some time together.

Belle333Black
Member Avatar

ejami yuck
bope yuck

won't this be a great june

Kenny
Member Avatar

Whether they used St. Luke's or some other set, it would've been nice to have a funeral inside an actual church. Watching everyone stand around that cheap ass cemetery set with their thumbs up their asses spouting random lines just doesn't have the same impact that a funeral inside a church would have. JMO.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 3 2010, 01:55 PM
Whether they used St. Luke's or some other set, it would've been nice to have a funeral in an actual church.
I agree. In all honesty, I would have rather them brought out an old house set that hadn't been seen in a while, or a current set with new decorations, and say that it's the funeral home. They could've easily redid the cottage where Anna was keeping Sydney to make it look like a funeral home. That would have definitely worked.

BradyB

Well it wasn't too long ago that they showed a funeral home set. I belive it was a story that involved Brady i think.

BradyB

I am just glad that they are having a funeral for Alice instead of the lame one that we got for Mickey. Where people were in Salem but we never saw them and only a few people were actually seen mourning Mickey.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

BradyB
Jun 3 2010, 02:00 PM
Well it wasn't too long ago that they showed a funeral home set. I belive it was a story that involved Brady i think.
Hmm, I don't recall Brady being involved in any funeral home set. The last funeral home I recall on this show was back in 2007 when the Bradys set up Stefano's fake funeral to bring Andre out of hiding.

Keith
Member Avatar

I bawled like a baby as soon as Bill and Jen told Mike that Alice was gone. Everything before the music shift in the Bope scene? Blah.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Speaking of funeral homes, the original Kiriakis Mansion set (from the 90's) always reminded me of one, LoL. They should bring back that set. I'm still pissed that it was never re-built after Kate burned it down in 2001.

Anyway... for some reason, in all my years of watching this show, I don't recall ever seeing a funeral home except for when Vivian buried Carly alive.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jun 3 2010, 02:05 PM
BradyB
Hmm, I don't recall Brady being involved in any funeral home set. The last funeral home I recall on this show was back in 2007 when the Bradys set up Stefano's fake funeral to bring Andre out of hiding.
Baby Grace's death had a funeral home office??

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

BradyB
I thought we saw a funeral home for Grace's death story.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 3 2010, 01:55 PM
Whether they used St. Luke's or some other set, it would've been nice to have a funeral inside an actual church. Watching everyone stand around that cheap ass cemetery set with their thumbs up their asses spouting random lines just doesn't have the same impact that a funeral inside a church would have. JMO.
LOL!! :P

As much as I'm loving the Alice stuff, you're right about the cemetary set.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply