Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 6/7-6/11
Topic Started: Jun 5 2010, 03:47 PM (12,221 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DAYS OF OUR LIVES
Weekly Discussion
Week of June 7th

Posted Image
(Thanks to www.jason47.com for your awesome site!)

Classic clips o' the week:

Carly and elevator death plots go way back.

Melissa, Hope and Jennifer serenade Alice.

Jennifer comes to Salem as a teen runaway.

Discuss (and enjoy a week of sunshine and rainbows from me)!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

this supposed rafe/johnny connection is getting out of hand. ej has been his father since day one, so why is he passing him over for some random dude that lived with his mom for like five seconds? if johnny were older this whole idea that he might be 'ashamed' of what his father does for a living might hold water, but he's a toddler.

carly and melanie are the two biggest assholes on the show by far. i forget who comented that the two are more interested in cock-blocking than anything else, but whoever it was hit the nail on the head.

i'm also hating the misinformation in regards to the morning-after pill. i'm definitely not a pro-lifer, and i don't want to be crass, but it annoyed me that nathan and stephanie both commented that the pill 'wouldn't hurt the baby.' bullshit. if you're pregnant and take the morning after pill, it terminates the pregnancy. that's how it works. if you choose to call that bundle of cells that were fertilized twelve hours ago a baby, then that's your prerogative....but the fact of the matter is that that pill will harm the baby/fertilized cells/embryo/whatever.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Jun 6 2010, 06:44 AM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

heyjude14 - New Days promo starting Tuesday...first signs of Alice dying...some great old scenes of Alice Jenn and with Bo Hope and Maggie

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Kenny
Jun 6 2010, 11:42 AM
heyjude14 - New Days promo starting Tuesday...first signs of Alice dying...some great old scenes of Alice Jenn and with Bo Hope and Maggie
I'm hoping this new promo coming out this week will be all about Alice and no one else....please!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

luvpumpkns
Jun 6 2010, 06:43 AM
this supposed rafe/johnny connection is getting out of hand. ej has been his father since day one, so why is he passing him over for some random dude that lived with his mom for like five seconds? if johnny were older this whole idea that he might be 'ashamed' of what his father does for a living might hold water, but he's a toddler.

Not to even mention his own twin (who he shared a womb with) who's been out of the country since about April is beyond bizarre....and he remembers Rafe....hmmmm....strange.

Keith
Member Avatar

Is there some reason Brady can't just check his bank statement?

jane1978

OMG. those Carly vs. Chloe scenes were so good! Especially the end, when Chloe went into a full crazy mode. I was ROFL when she asked Carly if she told Bo that Hope is crazy too. If she just knew. And when she went sarcastic and told Carly she better be carefull because she never knows what the crazy woman can do. grteat scenes. So good and funny!

Nicol and Steph both have their men twisted around their little fingers. That was some good manipulating work today. Did Nathan actually really asked Steph to not use the afterpill? And Nicol with her perfect timing. Lucky for her Brady was not facing the entrance.

Rafe and Shane work well as team, but is he really crying from sleep and calling Kimīs name? I know they need to prepare viewers for the reunion but that was little too much. But I like his laidback attitude vs. Rafeīs determination. Itīs a good contrast.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Oh man, I am loving Chloe. She's hearing VOICES! Instead of her own voice, they should have had a different voice, like a little old lady or a trucker. Nadia eyes have been working overtime too, they go from fully engaged to disconnected and icey, it's working well for this story. I even liked the way she looked at Daniel. But what an asshole, if he would just shut up for a min so she can talk. That guy doesn't respect her very much in general. And today he started in with his "my surprise trumps your surprise" and "let me tuck you in". What a clueless jerk.

All right! Ej scored a few points with Sami today. How cute are the boys playing Johnny, my goodness what talent those tikes have. I think it's odd that Johnny would be so attached to Rafe but the kids made it adorable.

Shane is such a nice treat.

Finally! Stephanie and Nathan were interesting today. It was like looking in on a couple's real life problem, right down to Stephanie feeling stupid for forgetting to take the pill, the tears and Nathan not reacting well at first then apologizing. And no mention of Melanie!!!

Brady is such a dullard.

Ari is such a mess. I like how she is progressively getting more dishelved as time goes along. I'm a sucker for all those tears. Ari looks so tiny and petite next to EJ. EJ looks like a dipshit though, poor guy sucks as a laywer.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Keith
Jun 7 2010, 02:34 PM
Is there some reason Brady can't just check his bank statement?
I think because Nicole ripped up the check and I am guessing that Brady didn't record it in his check book register?

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 6 2010, 11:42 AM
"first signs of Alice dying" sounds weird to me. Couldn't she have worded it a little nicer?

Fryday
Member Avatar

2 thumbs up to Nadia and CC. Best scenes of the day. I don't particularly care what the writers are doing to both characters, especially to Carly. A middle-aged Cindy Brady, threatening to tattle on people, is not very likable. Do the writers even understand the concept of heroine? But anyway, Nadia's OTT craziness played off of CC's straight man really well today. Kudos to both'em for bringing some level of entertainment to such a ridiculous storyline.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Fryday
Jun 7 2010, 06:25 PM
A middle-aged Cindy Brady, threatening to tattle on people, is not very likable.
LOL, such a perfect way to describe it.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Fryday
Jun 7 2010, 06:25 PM
2 thumbs up to Nadia and CC. Best scenes of the day. I don't particularly care what the writers are doing to both characters, especially to Carly. A middle-aged Cindy Brady, threatening to tattle on people, is not very likable. Do the writers even understand the concept of heroine? But anyway, Nadia's OTT craziness played off of CC's straight man really well today. Kudos to both'em for bringing some level of entertainment to such a ridiculous storyline.

Nadia was awesome today. I am loving bat shit insane Chloe and Nadia is totally selling me on it.

lysie
Member Avatar

Well....at least AS had a reason to come running into her scene today.

lysie
Member Avatar

Okay. Maybe I wasn't paying attention but these scenes after the intro...were these characters in the opening? That always throws me.

But...LEXIE!

lysie
Member Avatar

Are jails ever really that color?

Shut up, EJ. You look and sound ridiculous for some reason.

I still just don't care that Arianna has been framed. Suck it up, cry baby.

BAH!!! Pop up on Soapnet telling me that Jennifer is returning!!!!!

LOL @ Chloe's conversation with herself. If this were JER, there'd be another Chloe there in skankier clothes. I like her lack of contraction usage.

lysie
Member Avatar

Sydney still exists! Sami, get your stupid badly manicured nails away from her!

lysie
Member Avatar

Ugh. Do not compare Sami to Kimberly.

EJ, your stray hair.

Sami, stop the head bobbing. And lose some of the eye make-up. You look like a harlot. And that scream from Johnny made me laugh.

esp13
Member Avatar

As much as I am not enjoying Nicole having to scheme to take Brady from Arianna (she should be able to do it just by being far more interesting than Arianna), I totally enjoyed watching her work Brady today. From the whole "I can give Arianna an alibi" bit to making sure the DA heard her talking about lying to the police, it was vintage Nicole scheming. Smart, convincing and thoroughly enjoyable.

I also enjoyed Stephanie and Nathan today, even though Nathan drives me crazy most of the time. I know Stephanie didn't tell the whole truth, but I thought Shelley did a great job of showing that while Stephanie was lying about why she didn't take the pills, her regret and fear were totally sincere. I just wish Nathan wasn't such a putz about Melanie.

lysie
Member Avatar

Where are Nathan and Stephanie?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply