Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 6/7-6/11
Topic Started: Jun 5 2010, 03:47 PM (12,135 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Catching up on 3 days of shows:

Sorry life and sporting events delayed my rays of sunshine from these fine episodes.

Wednesday:

-Stephanie and Nathan were cute finding out she's not pregnant. And Tom's doctor bag and "Oh Tom you're here"... well done, show.
- :wub: Chillwad :wub:
- :wub: State :wub:
- :wub: Julie remembering Alice :wub:
-Babe scenes make me happy inside. And Ciara and Theo are adorable.
-Nadia is doing well and she and Daniel are making me care a lot about Danloe today (this is NOT sarcasm).
-Maggie's puffy pink pirate shirt did not distract me from the Alice mourning scenes at all. GJ wardrobe dept!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK breaking this up because apparently there is some emoticon limit I violated that I didn't know existed.

Thursday:
-Missy Reeves looks AMAZING. So good to see Jennifer Rose Horton Devereaux back in Salem.
-Eric Martsolf has an amazing torso and it's fun to watch it glisten.
-Carly's hair and makeup and wardrobe all look really good.
- :wub: Bope :wub: Seriously amazing performances from Peter and Kristian today.
- I thoroughly enjoyed the Nathan telling off Melanie scene today.
-The Bo and Caroline scene was great and I love the Alice flashback. I'm glad they are letting Caroline be a part of all this as she and Alice were good friends.
-I'm glad E.J. is on to Nicole's scheming.

Friday:
-K.A. is so heartbreaking to watch in all of this. I loved that Jen was so outraged at Bo for the divorce and ready to take a baseball bat to him over it. Atta Jen! M.R. really hasn't missed a beat it seems like since she's been gone. Sometimes when actors rest a while there seems to be a little rust but not with her.
-I'm so glad the 2nd amendment protects Brady's right to bear arms.
-E.J. is very sneaky. The way he just popped up reminded me of John Turturro in Mr. Deeds and I liked that movie so thank you show!
-A.Z.'s hair and makeup look very pretty today.
-I enjoy Ari a lot more when she is the only Hernandez around Salem. I even think I can enjoy the Ari-Melanie friendship.
-I love the random extra staring at the camera while sitting at the barstool and totally eavesdropping on Maggie and Bo's conversation. :lol:
-I love the way Victor says Kiriakis. But more than that I love Victor feeling bad about not knowing what to do with Brady and wishing he could do what Isabella would want. I swear Victor matured more in this episode than I can ever remember in and somehow, despite how well John Aniston sold the snarky, bitchy Victor he sold me on the sentimental grumpy old man with a heart of gold too. Grammy Viv! :lol: EM has such great delivery of jokes like that. I want more of that for Brady!
-JS and AZ sold their parts very well in this episode. Really enjoyed James especially the way he let all of E.J.'s bitterness about Brady shine through, although a lot of his jokes had a ring of truth of him with the Ari giving him too much credit for how smart he is and the insults about not even paper trained and being in a boy band. :laugh:
-Marie!
-Alice's House!
-It totally makes lots and lots of sense why some random stranger in a too-small T-shirt would interrupt Brady's cup of coffee to comment on his money clip and tell him he's seen one like it before.
-Oh Bope. You're breaking my heart!

Friday's show had to be one of the top 3 episodes so far this year.

lysie
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jun 12 2010, 09:58 PM
While so much of your post made me happy...there aren't even words for this.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

lysie
Jun 12 2010, 10:05 PM
IMissAremid
While so much of your post made me happy...there aren't even words for this.
Agreed. I'll just add a fervent "Amen!"

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

While I do agree that Alice's Sl is sad, I like that. I've had people close to me die and that the first thing you think of-sadness that they're not going to walk down those stairs.

I do hope that when this tribute is over, DAYS doesnt forget Alice and throws some more flashbacks- i.e., Maggie's in her kitchen or Hopes talking to Ciara...or JENNIFER ROSE trying to find a job in SALEM! (HINT HINT DAYS!)

Maggie can have a stash of doughnuts and Nathan can come in and steal a couple before he's off to the hospital! Its the little stuff like this which I appreciate!

I'm excited about next week!

Alin89
Member Avatar

i have watched mon-thursday and im loving days this week

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

IMissAremid

Friday:
-K.A. is so heartbreaking to watch in all of this. I loved that Jen was so outraged at Bo for the divorce and ready to take a baseball bat to him over it. Atta Jen! M.R. really hasn't missed a beat it seems like since she's been gone. Sometimes when actors rest a while there seems to be a little rust but not with her.
I just get this feeling about Missy Reeves that she considered Days her family for a long time, and her heart never left it this last time (maybe because, if her husband didn't try to make it in Nashville she would have stayed?). I think actors like that just slip in like they never left. I'm sure she kept in touch with everyone, and probably even considered Peter and Kristian close friends, if not something akin to family. And I'm willing to bet there's a lot of Jennifer in MIssy, which makes her easy to play. Some of these actors might come back for the tribute or something, but if their hearts have moved on to other projects, it's just not the same. For instance, I wonder if Arleen Sorkin was sorta glad to get Calliope out of her skin and forgot what it was like to BE Calliope. I just can't see Missy forgetting what it was like to be Jennifer.

Days4Life

They need to find a way to keep Jennifer. After having her around for a few weeks, it's going to just break my heart when she leaves again.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Jun 13 2010, 02:06 PM
They need to find a way to keep Jennifer. After having her around for a few weeks, it's going to just break my heart when she leaves again.
I am going to feel that way about several of the returning cast member, Jennifer is one and so is Shane. Always loved them both on the show. They could use another member of the Horton family with Jennifer and another hunky man like Shane to work with Rafe.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm glad that the flashbacks we're getting aren't the same run of the mill ones we *always* get. I don't think I've ever seen those Alice/Julie and Alice/Marie scenes before. Too bad Marie never got to interact with her grandson. I can't wait to see Melissa, Jennifer, & Hope in scenes together again. Back in the day, that sweetheart trio were the Horton Angels.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply