Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 6/7-6/11
Topic Started: Jun 5 2010, 03:47 PM (12,132 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 7 2010, 09:56 PM
Where are Nathan and Stephanie?
Is that a metaphorical question? ;)

I think they are in Stephanie's bedroom. It's not clear who's home they are at, but since Stephanie was there before Nathan, I'm assuming it is Stephanie's place.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Dude from Empty Nest reminds me of an elf.

Wait...where did Daniel come from? Did I blackout?

lysie
Member Avatar

esp13
Jun 7 2010, 09:58 PM
lysie
Jun 7 2010, 09:56 PM
Where are Nathan and Stephanie?
Is that a metaphorical question? ;)

I think they are in Stephanie's bedroom. It's not clear who's home they are at, but since Stephanie was there before Nathan, I'm assuming it is Stephanie's place.
I need to know where there relationship is and where they are headed, lol.

No, I meant whose house. I didn't remember Stephanie having a place, but it's nice to know she's not a vagabond.

lysie
Member Avatar

This Johnny concussion thing is stupid. And there were too many scenes between when he screamed and when they came back to them. I'd already forgotten I was supposed to be worried about him.

lysie
Member Avatar

LOL. So Arianna was asleep in jail and the DA walked up. I totally thought it was the guard talking to Rafe, and I thought he was trying to be funny calling him Ms. Hernandez.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 7 2010, 10:00 PM
No, I meant whose house. I didn't remember Stephanie having a place, but it's nice to know she's not a vagabond.
Stephanie being secretly homeless and trying to save face would explain so much.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Hehe @ Carly/Chloe. Not too bad.

Seriously...it's still the same day as Vivian and Victor's wedding?

UGH @ Sami's leggings!

Chloe looks like she has to pee.

So...the elevator fall was never supposed to be last week. Why was it in last week's promo?

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Crazy disembodied phone voice guy is made of win. And NB is rocking the desperation.

Lexie is gorgeous. She must have a Fountain of Youth in her dressing room.

The show is so clever and wise to make the Salem jail look so run down and awful while apparently 3rd world South American jail is super luxurious. I also like the touch of inmate Ari wearing leggings and her and her lawyer just lounging around her cell hanging out on her bed, as if she would have a cell all to herself and as if she would be totally unsupervised when a DiMera comes to the jail to see her and as if she wouldn't be meeting with her lawyer communicating through the bars or sitting at a table talking through the phone but instead they're just chilling like it's a slumber party. So true to life!

Awwww. Nicole and Brady are both wearing Member's Only jackets. This means :wub:

I'm so glad Stephanie and Gabi are both wearing purple today. This show sure doesn't gives us enough purple.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

lysie
Jun 7 2010, 10:00 PM
She and Chelsea were roommates in one of the apartments in the brown apartment building place I thought. I suppose Stephanie still lives there?

soccerandtvgirl

lysie
Jun 7 2010, 10:14 PM
Hehe @ Carly/Chloe. Not too bad.

Seriously...it's still the same day as Vivian and Victor's wedding?

UGH @ Sami's leggings!

Chloe looks like she has to pee.

So...the elevator fall was never supposed to be last week. Why was it in last week's promo?
:laugh: I finally saw those infamous leggings. God...I don't know to say about those, other than if they paid more than $1 or 2 dollars for them they got ripped off.
Edited by soccerandtvgirl, Jun 7 2010, 10:51 PM.

TINA222
Member Avatar

I think EJ is going to bag another client. :lol: All the touchy feeling, you are so beautiful and talented and flirting? This is not needed for EJ to be Arianna's lawyer.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

TINA222
Jun 8 2010, 10:27 AM
I think EJ is going to bag another client. :lol: All the touchy feeling, you are so beautiful and talented and flirting? This is not needed for EJ to be Arianna's lawyer.
Oh, he's going to fuck the living daylights out of her when Sami turns him down and runs to Rafe....shape shit 2 years later.

TINA222
Member Avatar

Just keep them away from those elevatars. :lol:

Keith
Member Avatar

Alice has a fever :( So, it starts...

Philip's fake out was annoying even before it was a fake out. I don't know what I would do without you? How many women have said that to in the past two years? Belle? Chloe? Morgan? Stephanie? Now Melanie? This is exactly the issue I have with this show. If a character is going to jump from one person to another, they shouldn'ty be jumping into commitment each time. The show should treat it like it is. Bed hoppin g is fine when tempered with good old-fashioned romance.

I really enjoyed Maggie and Philip's conversation. I wish she would have realized that he wasn't really talking about Titan. I mean, he made it pretty obvious. Speaking of pretty, it was nice to see JKJ in something besides a suit.

I'm glad Shane was the one who got the information to break Rafe and him out of South America.

Great tension with the elevator stuff.

Marlene

luvpumpkns
Jun 6 2010, 06:43 AM

i'm also hating the misinformation in regards to the morning-after pill. i'm definitely not a pro-lifer, and i don't want to be crass, but it annoyed me that nathan and stephanie both commented that the pill 'wouldn't hurt the baby.' bullshit. if you're pregnant and take the morning after pill, it terminates the pregnancy. that's how it works. if you choose to call that bundle of cells that were fertilized twelve hours ago a baby, then that's your prerogative....but the fact of the matter is that that pill will harm the baby/fertilized cells/embryo/whatever.
I'm really new here, but I just had to comment when I read this post. My information comes from helping my daughter study for a test on the very subject the beginning of last week.

Apparently there are two "morning after" pills. There's the one everyone seems to know about that luvpumpkns refers to. However, there is also a second one. It is not an abortion pill, but rather it prevents conception and if conception has already occurred no harm. Apparently it creates an environment where the egg and sperm are less likely to unite. I was unfamiliar with it until just last week.

Actually, I laughed when Adrienne began talking about it, simply because of the timing of my finding out about it.

If not for my daughter's health class, I may have thought the same thing about the pill reference.

There seems to be a lot of things about this show, and others, that irk people, but I have to say, this time the writers got it right.

OK. Time for me to crawl back into my corner. :peek:
Edited by Marlene, Jun 8 2010, 01:09 PM.

jane1978

Keith
Jun 8 2010, 01:06 PM
Philip's fake out was annoying even before it was a fake out. I don't know what I would do without you? How many women have said that to in the past two years? Belle? Chloe? Morgan? Stephanie? Now Melanie? This is exactly the issue I have with this show. If a character is going to jump from one person to another, they shouldn'ty be jumping into commitment each time. The show should treat it like it is. Bed hoppin g is fine when tempered with good old-fashioned romance.
But isnīt this pretty much the same in RL? We always believe the current partner is the one and are giving these foolish statements and promisses. And few years later we yell at these people to go to fucking hell and how stupid we were to ever get involved with them. Thatīs the circle of life. Phillip was involved with a lot of women the last few years but he always meant it. And to be fair, itīs usually the girl who leaves him. Chloe choose Brady over him, Belle decided to stay with Shawn, Morgan left town and Stephanie couldnīt accept his way of life and his ONS with Mel.

Keith
Member Avatar

I see what you mean Jane, but to say to every single person? I know that in my experience, I learned the first time not to say to every single person I'm with. Sure, many people do, but usually they aren't the brightest. And most of these characters should learn from these experiences. You would think that Philip, as a man who has burned over and over, would prefer to project his own independence rather than be such a needy little boy. Not that I give much credit for this regime in that department. Just look at Chloe.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Check out these ratings from 1997. It's sad to see how much the show has fallen after it was so close to overtaking Y&R as the #1 soap barely a decade ago. Even B&B, which was in third place, couldn't come to close to the 6.3 rating Days got.

1. Y&R 6.6/25
2. DAYS 6.3/22
3. B&B 4.8/17
4. AMC 4.5/15
5. GH 4.1/15
6. ATWT 4.0/15
7. GL 3.9/14
8. OLTL 3.4/13
9. AW 3.2/12
10. PC 2.3/9
11. SUBE 1.9/8

There's nothing happening on the show these days that attracts those kinds of numbers anymore.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I watched the day ahead episode and the Alice flashbacks start on Wednesday's episode. There are 3 flashbacks in tomorrow's show. Two are very short but there is a longer one with Alice and Julie from the early years of the show (my guess is before the 80's).

Keith
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Jun 8 2010, 04:24 PM
I watched the day ahead episode and the Alice flashbacks start on Wednesday's episode. There are 3 flashbacks in tomorrow's show. Two are very short but there is a longer one with Alice and Julie from the early years of the show (my guess is before the 80's).
Can't wait!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply