Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SON interview with Ken Corday
Topic Started: Jun 7 2010, 08:40 AM (30,034 Views)
peaches179

TINA222
Jun 7 2010, 09:48 AM
EJ getting with Nicole would be ok. Even though I like EJ and Arianna. I guess Im 60/40 with the edge going to Arianna. Im enjoying their scenes alot.

Me too. I enjoy their scenes together. Arianna comes alive in scenes with Ej.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daisy132

And I'm out. For good.

catsmeouch

Am I the only one who cares about the John/Marlena, Patch/Kayla, and Jack/Jennifer novels???

Sindacco
Member Avatar

catsmeouch
Jun 7 2010, 09:55 AM
Am I the only one who cares about the John/Marlena, Patch/Kayla, and Jack/Jennifer novels???
No, I care about them too. But I'm more interested in knowing who of those six might be coming back. I hope it's not Steve and Kayla.

If I got to choose it would be in this order:
1. J&M
2. J&J
3. S&K

lysie
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jun 7 2010, 09:58 AM
catsmeouch
No, I care about them too. But I'm more interested in knowing who of those six might be coming back. I hope it's not Steve and Kayla.

1. J&M
2. J&J
3. S&K
I agree. I doubt it's Steve and Kayla because SN is on Y&R, but since he said one or two, I'm afraid of what that could mean for any of those couples. That's such a pet peave of mine. But, uh...I'll read those novels like it's my job. I don't care who writes them, lol.

BradyB

Im thinking it is Jack and Jennifer

catsmeouch

I wouldn't be surprised if Melissa Reeves is coming back on a permanent recurring basis like Wally Kurth...unfortunately, when Days does stuff like this (bringing back only one half of a couple), it usually means the relationship is doomed. Poor Justin and Adrienne fans...you got your happy ending in the early 90s, then Adrienne returns alone, leaves...then Justin returns alone...divorced from Adrienne...and now they're both back and they don't appear to be reuniting.
They can't have Jack living in London and having a bi-continental marriage with Jennifer. If they won't bring him back, at least say he's living with Jenn in Salem offscreen.

ilovemydays

Ellie
Jun 7 2010, 08:40 AM
http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/soaps/days/interviews/2487-an-interview-with-ken-corday-part-one

Speaking of couples, I started watching 'DAYS' in the mid-1990's and my favorite character is Sami Brady [Corday interjects and says 'me too!']. From her days trying to get Austin, while finding love with Lucas, to getting with EJ, to her drama with Rafe and now she's toying around with EJ again. Is that the type of storylines you are referring to when it comes to couples?
Yes, that is what I was referring to. I truly believe the viewers want Sami and Rafe together. You know, Sami can be her own worst enemy and this time she's not doing it in a vindictive way. She's just being pulled in by this not so nice guy [EJ]. That will come to a conclusion sometime right after Labor Day. I think viewers will be very happy to see Sami being the strong Sami, who is taking things into her own hands. I wish I could tell you the plot points, but I can't! I can say you can expect a lot of surprises and viewers will get what they want, which is Sami and Rafe back together again.

Thanks for posting Ellie!

Thank God I don't have to wait until November for things to change. I love that KC's one spoiler read like a DAMAGE CONTROL press release.
LOL, the EJami storyline has been DOOL's BP oil spill.

six
Member Avatar

catsmeouch
lysie
44 minutes ago
six
Jun 7 2010, 09:22 AM
lysie
Jun 7 2010, 09:17 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Oh, has she started being positive? I have to find these posts - and where's the weekly thread? IMA and Kenny are slipping.
I thought I saw a weekly thread yesterday...I'll see if I can find it and pin it.
I see it now, thanks.

catsmeouch
25 minutes ago

I took it for granted that those books would be disasters. Character names slapped on a generic story. Hopefully for the sake of people interested, it won't be that way, though.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jun 7 2010, 10:25 AM
catsmeouch
lysie
44 minutes ago
six
Jun 7 2010, 09:22 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I thought I saw a weekly thread yesterday...I'll see if I can find it and pin it.
I see it now, thanks.

catsmeouch
25 minutes ago

I took it for granted that those books would be disasters. Character names slapped on a generic story. Hopefully for the sake of people interested, it won't be that way, though.
LOL. I'm sure they will be. That won't stop me from reading them.

Sariah
Member Avatar

MOST of what Corday says never, ever comes to pass. I've read all sorts of "spoilers" and storyline reveals from him for some of my favorites that simply did not happen.

I'm of the opinion that he has very limited information and spouts off without knowing much about anything.

And I don't think the show is going to have payoffs with happy endings any longer. They'll string EJ/Sami/Rafe on indefinitely or until the show gets canceled.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Corday still hasn't learned. Giving away the end result of a triangle/story months in advance. :shame: . He's always done that, which I guess is why he doesn't speak much. If he wants the show to do what he said he thinks it should in this interview (which is basically keeping couples apart as long as possible and stringing people along) then he needs to keep his damn mouth shut to make it effective. During JER's first reign, it worked for the most part because you knew who was the rooting couple but you still didn't know if they would be together. Everyone kept their mouth shuts and the story went on and we learned what happened at the end of it. Since then, we have Corday blowing it. I guess that may have been intended. Maybe they have information that Safe being apart has hurt the ratings more. Who the hell knows. I do think it won't be until November though. Corday said sometime after Labor Day and that man is always messed up with timelines so that could very well mean the same thing it did last year when he talked of the baby switch reveal being after Labor Day. LeAnn Hunley mentioned she would return to the show in August. I'm guessing she would start taping then so that would mean we wouldn't see her until like mid-late October so, yeah, still going with November sweeps.

The most interesting part of this interview was the part about the supercouple novels and how things may change for them if one or two characters return. That was a clear hint or why would he say it? Corday is that transparent. I don't think they would bring Kayla back without Steve. I think he's speaking of J&J. He may want more Horton's and they fit into story easier. Missy is interested. Matt seems to be too once Mama Mia is done. He even indicated on his facebook that he and Missy talked of a possible return. That one seems them the most plausible and likely and I would love to see it. The only other option I can see is them bringing back one or two parts of these couples rather then a whole couple together like Kayla without Steve or John without Marlena. Something like that. We know we won't get Steve. I doubt we will get Marlena unless their 45th anniversary ace in the hole and big push for renewal story is the return of J&M but I would be shocked if that happened.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jun 7 2010, 10:45 AM
MOST of what Corday says never, ever comes to pass. I've read all sorts of "spoilers" and storyline reveals from him for some of my favorites that simply did not happen.

I'm of the opinion that he has very limited information and spouts off without knowing much about anything.

And I don't think the show is going to have payoffs with happy endings any longer. They'll string EJ/Sami/Rafe on indefinitely or until the show gets canceled.

Oh, I definetly think tptb will keep those three in each others orbits until the end of the show. But, when he talks in interviews in such certain terms, why should those of us who like the opposing couple even watch? I mean, I've always felt like Sami would go back to Rafe when the truth of the Sydnapping came out, but I thought she would probably harbor lingering feelings for EJ and they would dance around that for awhile......and maybe they still will, but when KC jumps out there and puts his stamp of approval on the most boring couple on the show, it kind of makes you think.........what's the point of watching when the ending has been given away........

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

TINA222
Jun 7 2010, 09:48 AM
EJ getting with Nicole would be ok. Even though I like EJ and Arianna. I guess Im 60/40 with the edge going to Arianna. Im enjoying their scenes alot. Ejole would have to be equals and no more lying and schemes. Not to each other anyway. The writing has to be there or forget it.
Well I don't doubt that the writers will bring EJ and Nicole back (They won't have lies just be blackmailing each other) and then have Arianna falling for Ej while that is happening...and when Sami kicks his ass to the curb for Rafe I can really see the triangle with Nicole and Ari fighting for EJ.....

Although Kenny lies, and frankly I don't take ANYTHING this man says really seriously this gives me hope that maybe fan reaction to Ejami isn't what they expected, so now they have to give fans a reason to not leave the show during the summer and this might be the way to do it. Ali says she likes the heroine and I don't doubt that she will turn 'bad' again but to get revenge on EJ and maybe he will spin out of control once and for all when he realizes he's lost his kids and Sami by extension and if they finally make Syd Nicole's I can see more storyline there...especially if he agrees to start something with Arianna.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jun 7 2010, 10:58 AM.

Sariah
Member Avatar

JANALH
Jun 7 2010, 10:51 AM
Sariah
Jun 7 2010, 10:45 AM

Oh, I definetly think tptb will keep those three in each others orbits until the end of the show. But, when he talks in interviews in such certain terms, why should those of us who like the opposing couple even watch? I mean, I've always felt like Sami would go back to Rafe when the truth of the Sydnapping came out, but I thought she would probably harbor lingering feelings for EJ and they would dance around that for awhile......and maybe they still will, but when KC jumps out there and puts his stamp of approval on the most boring couple on the show, it kind of makes you think.........what's the point of watching when the ending has been given away........
I understand that and think Corday is either horribly insensitive or pathologically stupid to say some of the stuff he says, but I don't think he really knows what will happen with that triangle. The writers could very well build EJ and Sami back up again or keep her with Rafe until a new guy comes along. I just don't think that because Corday says it, it must be true. I've seen him back all kinds of boring pairings that are no longer together.

I don't think he has any influence or say at this point, and limited info.

I just can't put too much stock into anything he says.

TINA222
Member Avatar

But EJ seeking revenge is the same storyline as the Sidney kidnapping. I dont think they can go that direction again. its not working. People are already bored with that I hurt you hurt me game. It has to end once and for all. I can only see two ways that happens. EJ and Sami come to some kinda truce. They realize they can never be together and move on. They basically end up a lesser version of Lumi who are friends now. The other option is to write EJ out completely. There cant be any more back and forth with those two. it has to end one or the other.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

TINA222
Jun 7 2010, 11:08 AM
But EJ seeking revenge is the same storyline as the Sidney kidnapping. I dont think they can go that direction again. its not working. People are already bored with that I hurt you hurt me game. It has to end once and for all. I can only see two ways that happens. EJ and Sami come to some kinda truce. They realize they can never be together and move on. They basically end up a lesser version of Lumi who are friends now. The other option is to write EJ out completely. There cant be any more back and forth with those two. it has to end one or the other.
Ej can end up falling in love with someone else, and that person loving him unconditionally.....that person's love transforms him into someone he's always wanted to be but never was able to achieve that with Sami because of their horrible past and her inability to commit to him because of who he is and who he represents. Sami will likely be in revenge mode for a while though and that will separate them....she will get custody of both kids unless Syd turns out to be Nicole's then they can easily make Johnny Lucas' and that is the story that brings Lucas back....but I don't see that happening while GT is at the helm....

TINA222
Member Avatar

I would love to see that but it doesnt solve the Ejami problem. I still think they should go the EJ amnesia storyline. I dont want or need to see Sami in revenge mode. Screechy harpy and ugly crying faces? no no no. Its just a different version of how EJ acted. and Ejami will still be on each other's orbit. Yuck. I want them in completely separate storylines. I dont want to see another round of Im going to get revenge. That storyline is soo boring to me. I want to see something else. That doesnt involve babies and revenge.

Vicky4Mimi

BradyB
Jun 7 2010, 10:06 AM
Im thinking it is Jack and Jennifer
Thats who I think also! Give me some Jack and Jenn and some Lucas and all will be grand!

Kriss4

Sindacco
Jun 7 2010, 09:58 AM
catsmeouch

1. J&M
2. J&J
3. S&K

I happen to love Steve and Kayla. I also think they're a terrific couple and I would welcome them back. If Corday thinks of bringing them back one day, though, I'm not sure they SHOULD come back for anything long-term, because it's easy to see that the writing staff doesn't know how to write for the supercouples very well anymore. I mean, look at the destruction of Bo and Hope we're seeing right now, which I'm hoping isn't going to continue much longer.

That said, I do think Jack and Jennifer are probably the ones he's referring to as returning. Missy has indicated a willingness to return and I'm sure Matt would be open to the possibility as well. Furthermore, Missy left of her own volition when she was frustrated with the show and when her husband and family were interested in moving away from California. They're back now, or at least they'd be fine with returning. Isn't their daughter in college in California now?

John and Marlena...Deidre...I don't know if she'd want to come back on a regular basis.

Stephen's on Y&R and from all accounts is enjoying that. Mary Beth would come back on a recurring basis if asked now, I think, but she's a busy lady and seems content with whatever happens.
Edited by Kriss4, Jun 7 2010, 11:28 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply