Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Who would you like to return, and who would you like to see go?
Topic Started: Jun 8 2010, 04:39 PM (4,029 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Hey. I just thought I'd start this board, and see who other people would like to see return to Days of our Lives. You can put them in a list, or just state one person.

Returns For Me:
1. Marlena Evans :P
2. Jennifer Horton :D
3. Doug & Julie (full time) :wub:
4. Kristen Blake

Exits for Me:
1. Rafe Hernandez :flipoff:
2. Gabi Hernandez
3. Arianna Hernandez
4. Carly Manning
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Return:

1. Kristen Blake (my favorite soap character ever...I would just hate to see her come back and get the Vivian treatment AKA "watered down")
2. Marlena Evans (the show hasn't been the same for me without her)
3. Jack & Jennifer Deveraux
4. Carrie Brady Reed (I'd only want Austin back if he was played by Patrick Muldoon)
5. Shawn & Belle Brady
6. Steve & Kayla Johnson
7. Billie Reed (if played by Julie Pinson)

Go:

1. Sami (fucking) Brady (unless the writers come to their senses and make her a bitch again)
2. Rafe Hernandez
3. Daniel Jonas
4. Melanie Layton
5. Chloe Lane
6. Roman Brady
7. Stephanie Johnson
8. Gabi Hernandez
9. Chad Petersen-Woods
10. E.J. DiMera (as long as he's obsessed with Sami, he's of no use to me)

catsmeouch

HELLO
Marlena
John
Carrie
Austin
Jack
Jennifer
Patch
Kayla
Kristen

GOODBYE
Melanie
Stephanie
Daniel
Chad
Gabby
Rafe
EJ
Sami
Roman

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Mason
Jun 8 2010, 04:50 PM
Return:

1. Kristen Blake (my favorite soap character ever...I would just hate to see her come back and get the Vivian treatment AKA "watered down")
2. Marlena Evans (the show hasn't been the same for me without her)
3. Jack & Jennifer Deveraux
4. Carrie Brady Reed (I'd only want Austin back if he was played by Patrick Muldoon)
5. Shawn & Belle Brady
6. Steve & Kayla Johnson
7. Billie Reed (if played by Julie Pinson)

Go:

1. Sami (fucking) Brady (unless the writers come to their senses and make her a bitch again)
2. Rafe Hernandez
3. Daniel Jonas
4. Melanie Layton
5. Chloe Lane
6. Roman Brady
7. Stephanie Johnson
8. Gabi Hernandez
9. Chad Petersen-Woods
10. E.J. DiMera (as long as he's obsessed with Sami, he's of no use to me)
Hah. I forgot to mention Sami! She was such a better evil character, than a washed down "supposed" heroine. :shithitfan:

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

Returns:

Kristen Blake- played by the ONE AND ONLY Eileen Davidson, of course.....no recast!!! Eileen could probably be easily convinced to pull double duty with Y&R and DAYS. Hell, they let Lesli Kay do the same thing, didn't they??? And how many other actors have been allowed to show jump mid contract?????

Marlena Evans---she is the HEART and SOUL of the show, now that Frances Reid has passed.

Billie Reed (Julie Pinson's version only!! Sorry, but Lisa Rinna is SUPREMELY annoying, and I would be too fixated on the fact that she has almost overdosed on Juvederm to actually care about her performances.)

Get rid of:

Chloe (Nadia Bjorlin has improved, but is still, essentially, a hideous actress. Sorry!!!)
Gabi Hernandez---WHAT is her purpose??? Can anyone really define it?? I certainly can't!!!!!

Backburner:

Sami Brady!!!!!!!!! Does this show really need her hogging all the screen time and whining every five seconds for it to be successful??? I beg to differ.
Edited by alstonboy4315, Jun 8 2010, 05:05 PM.

BradyB

Return
Doug&Julie
Kayla
Patch
Kim
Shane
Jennifer-Melissa Reeves only
Jack-Matthew Ashford only
Eve
Calliope
Eugene
Melissa
Carrie-Christie Clark
Austin-must be Patrick Muldoon
Marlena
Lucas
Celeste

Leave
Gabi
Rafe
Chad
Mia-Which she is
Daniel
Chloe

Deleted User
Deleted User

Here I go ...

Go:

1. Sami Brady
2. Rafe Hernandez
3. Gabi Hernandez
4. Daniel Jonas
5. Chloe Lane (reunites with the love of her life, Phillip, then dies giving birth to his child)
6. Carly Manning
7. Melanie Layton
8. Charles Woods
9. Stefano DiMera
10. EJ DiMera
11. Roman Brady
12. Caroline Brady
13. Johnny/Sydney DiMera
14. Richard Baker

Coming: This will be really long.

1. Susan Martin + Annie Peters
2. Neil Curtis + Liz Chandler + Noelle Curtis
3. Alex Marshall + Joshua Fallon + Jessica Blake + Nick Fallon + Marie Horton
4. Sandy Horton + Jason Tam as her son.
5. Valerie Grant + children (1 of them being David Banning's)
6. David Banning + Scotty Banning + Trish Clayton
7. Mike Horton + Jeremy Horton + Robin Jacobs + Robert LeClair + Dougie LeClair
8. Carrie Brady + Austin's baby.
9. Kim Brady + Andrew & Jeannie
10. Shane Donovan
11. Eve Donovan
12. Frankie Brady + Max Brady + Chelsea Brady
13. Kristen Blake + Peter Blake
14. Kayla Brady + Steve Johnson
15. Jennifer Horton + Jack Deveraux + Abigail & J. J
16. Justin and Adrienne's 4 children - Alex, Victor, Joseph, Jackson)
17. John Black + Marlena Evans + Eric Brady
18. Shawn Brady + Belle Black + Claire Brady
19. Joshua Fallon + Jessica Blake + Nick Fallon + Marie Horton
20. Melissa Anderson + Sarah Horton
21. Steven Olson + Spencer Olson
22. Jonah Carver + Karen Carver + Jett Carver + Brandon Walker + Fay Walker + Taylor Walker
23. Allie Horton + Lucas Horton + Bill Horton + Laura Spencer
24. Don Craig + Donna Craig
25. Nicholas Alamain
26. Rex DiMera + Cassie DiMera (write them to be DiMera's again.)
28. Celeste Perrault + Grace Brooks (Lexie's sister)
27. Acknowledge Linda Patterson!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

BradyB

I left Bill and Laura Horton off my list.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I would like to see Marlena, Carrie, Billie, Belle, Shawn, Chelsea, Abby, Jennifer, Jack, Kayla, and Patch to return. Also a few teens that are actually connected to some families in Salem. Adrienne and Justin's kids, maybe some Horton kids.

I miss Hope and Jennifer's friendship, and the show NEEDS more Hortons. Bring back Abby as well.

DAYS just isn't the same without Deidre, and I thought the show should have just let John die for real. Marlena coping with his death would have been must see.

I actually think I would love to see a Chelsea/Melanie rivalry. Bo's kid vs. Carly's kid. I always thought Rachel Melvin was really good.

I miss the character of Belle and thought Martha Madison was great. I could do without Shawn, but he is needed to keep Bo and Hope in stories.

I love me some Kate, so bringing on Billie would help with keeping Kate on my screen. As long as she doesn't go after Bo anymore, I want Billie back in Salem. Maybe even become friends with Hope again.

I would love to have some Patch, Adrienne, and Jack scenes.

I would get rid of:
Daniel, Kinsey, Tad, Chad, Madeline, Gabi, and Rafe.

Possibly get rid of Chloe if they just keep her like she is now. And move Phillip into the older group, or get rid of him.

Either recast Roman Brady or kill him off.
Edited by Kirk, Jun 8 2010, 05:22 PM.

darraholic
Member Avatar

GO:
Melanie Layton
Daniel Jonas
Sami Brady
Rafe Hernandez
Gabi Hernandez
Chad Woods
Roman Brady
Abe Carver
Dr. Baker
Caroline Brady

Returns:
Kristen Blake
Carrie Reed
Austin Reed (Either Muldoon or a new good actor)
Celeste
Jack & Jennifer
Shane & Kimberly
Sarah Horton
JT Reiber
Joy Wesley (Have Joy & JT join Will in the teen scene.)
John & Marlena (Down the road after Kristen's returned for awhile.)
A new love interest for Lexie.

VetsRock
Member Avatar

For me/be back watching Days
Very Important to return(Only If They Are Written Right)
Marlena & John
Belle & Shawn
Kristen
Tony & Anna
Kim & Shane
Steve & Kayla
Jack & Jennifer
The Real Stefano
The Real Bo & Hope
Calliope & Eugene
Celeste

Pointless and not need
nuSami(even tho I didn't like the old one,but she wasn't boring)
Rafe & his family
Melanie
Carly(didn't like her first time)
Roman
Chad & his family
Stephanie
Chloe
Daniel

six
Member Avatar

Return
Marlena
John
Jennifer
Abby
Tony
Peter
Kristen
Brandon
Faye
Belle
Shawn
Celeste

Leave
Rafe
Gabby

And if they're not going to be used properly
Carly
Melanie
Justin
Adrienne
Stephanie
Vivian
Nathan
Brady
Arianna

There's room on the canvas for those above, but they're just taking up space right now.

Backburnered for a long time
Sami

Kenny
Member Avatar

Get rid of:

1.) Rafe Hernandez - He's milquetoast. Boring. Bland.

2.) Gabby Hernandez - Does this girl even have a purpose?

3.) Melanie Layton - This bitch annoys the piss out of me everytime I see her. Either send her out of town or recast her.

4.) Dr. Baker - He's worn out his welcome. His purpose has been served. Bye-bye.

5.) Daniel Jonas - I haven't liked this skeezy bastard since the first day he started sniffing around Chelsea Brady. I hate him. I wish he would crawl into a hole and die.

6.) Victor Kiriakis - Killing off Victor would open up the door to lots of story possibilities with Titan. Since he and Vivian are married, you know she would move heaven and earth to inherit the company... just as Phillip would move heaven and earth to make sure she doesn't get it. Kristen could return to Salem with her 49% of Titan in tow and everyone would be scrambling to get it from her. Kate could try to swipe the company from Vivian after Vivian tries to wreck her relationship with Phillip. It would be great fun.

7.) Stephanie Johnson - Either make her a full-on bitch or send her out of town.

Send out of town and bring back at a later date:

1.) Sami Brady - I think I speak for everyone when I say I could use a good, long break from this character. I would like her to leave Salem for a while and return sometime down the road as the scheming, manipulative bitch she was always intended to be. This does not mean the character has to regress. There are plenty of middle-aged, mature bitches in daytime. Sami should be one of them.

2.) Will Horton - He can leave town with Sami and come back a few years down the road with a new actor in the role.

Bring back:

1.) Kristen Blake. So many people think she wouldn't serve a purpose in Salem without John and Marlena, but I disagree. For proof, look no further than this story idea I pulled out of my ass about a month ago in less than five minutes...

Spoiler: click to toggle

2.) Carrie Brady - Bring her back and mix her up with EJ.

3.) Laura Horton - In recurring capacity.

4.) Marlena Evans - I want to see her wage war against Stefano like she was going to do a few years back before John rose from the dead -- but first, Stefano will have to be given back his balls.

3.) Jennifer Deveraux - She could pretty much fit into any story. I would like to see her and Nicole pitted against each other somehow. Missy and Ari would have a great rival chemistry.

4.) Nancy Wesley - I would bring her back as the gossipy, scheming bitch she was in the beginning rather than the sappy, sobby mess she became after she learned Chloe was her daughter. She could take a page out of Kate's book and start meddling in her daughter's life. Also, I think she and Stefano might make an interesting pair. Nancy and Vivian mixing it up could be lots of fun as well. Patrika and Louise would have a ball working together.

5.) Craig Wesley - I always wanted to see him and Marlena have a torrid affair.

6.) Shawn D. Brady - There's no reason Bo and Hope's son shouldn't be on the show. He needs to return to Salem and start fucking Chloe just as Chloe reunites with Phillip.

7.) Belle Black - Bring her back and throw her into an affair with Phillip. Martha and JKJ had great chemistry and it's a shame that the Belle/Shawn/Phillip/Chloe quad never got off the ground before Martha and Brandon were fired a few years back.

8.) Abby Deveraux - Bring her back and pair her with Chad or something.

9.) Celeste - I just love her.

10.) Lawrence Alamain - He would breathe some much needed life into the Vivian/Carly and Carly/Bo/Hope stories. Not that I'm a fan of people coming back from the dead, but I feel like Lawrence is needed here to up the stakes.

11.) Chelsea Brady - I don't know what I would have her do, but I'd like to see her again.

Jack and John could return down the road. Ditto that for the Reeds -- Austin and Billie (only with Julie Pinson in the role). Lucas could return with Sami. JT should also return when he's a little older to reunite with Bo and Hope.

imane111

Go:

No one special.But I know if Chloe(Nadia Bjorlin) leaves,I'm done with the show.

Rerturn:

Brandon(MattCedeño) and shawn(Brandon Breemer)

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Kenny
Jun 8 2010, 06:29 PM
Get rid of:

1.) Rafe Hernandez - He's milquetoast. Boring. Bland.

2.) Gabby Hernandez - Does this girl even have a purpose?

3.) Melanie Layton - This bitch annoys the piss out of me everytime I see her. Either send her out of town or recast her.

4.) Dr. Baker - He's worn out his welcome. His purpose has been served. Bye-bye.

5.) Daniel Jonas - I haven't liked this skeezy bastard since the first day he started sniffing around Chelsea Brady. I hate him. I wish he would crawl into a hole and die.

6.) Victor Kiriakis - Killing off Victor would open up the door to lots of story possibilities with Titan. Since he and Vivian are married, you know she would move heaven and earth to inherit the company... just as Phillip would move heaven and earth to make sure she doesn't get it. Kristen could return to Salem with her 49% of Titan in tow and everyone would be scrambling to get it from her. Kate could try to swipe the company from Vivian after Vivian tries to wreck her relationship with Phillip. It would be great fun.

7.) Stephanie Johnson - Either make her a full-on bitch or send her out of town.

Send out of town and bring back at a later date:

1.) Sami Brady - I think I speak for everyone when I say I could use a good, long break from this character. I would like her to leave Salem for a while and return sometime down the road as the scheming, manipulative bitch she was always intended to be. This does not mean the character has to regress. There are plenty of middle-aged, mature bitches in daytime. Sami should be one of them.

2.) Will Horton - He can leave town with Sami and come back a few years down the road with a new actor in the role.

Bring back:

1.) Kristen Blake. So many people think she wouldn't serve a purpose in Salem without John and Marlena, but I disagree. For proof, look no further than this story idea I pulled out of my ass about a month ago in less than five minutes...

Spoiler: click to toggle

2.) Carrie Brady - Bring her back and mix her up with EJ.

3.) Laura Horton - In recurring capacity.

4.) Marlena Evans - I want to see her wage war against Stefano like she was going to do a few years back before John rose from the dead -- but first, Stefano will have to be given back his balls.

3.) Jennifer Deveraux - She could pretty much fit into any story. I would like to see her and Nicole pitted against each other somehow. Missy and Ari would have a great rival chemistry.

4.) Nancy Wesley - I would bring her back as the gossipy, scheming bitch she was in the beginning rather than the sappy, sobby mess she became after she learned Chloe was her daughter. She could take a page out of Kate's book and start meddling in her daughter's life. Also, I think she and Stefano might make an interesting pair. Nancy and Vivian mixing it up could be lots of fun as well. Patrika and Louise would have a ball working together.

5.) Craig Wesley - I always wanted to see him and Marlena have a torrid affair.

6.) Shawn D. Brady - There's no reason Bo and Hope's son shouldn't be on the show. He needs to return to Salem and start fucking Chloe just as Chloe reunites with Phillip.

7.) Belle Black - Bring her back and throw her into an affair with Phillip. Martha and JKJ had great chemistry and it's a shame that the Belle/Shawn/Phillip/Chloe quad never got off the ground before Martha and Brandon were fired a few years back.

8.) Abby Deveraux - Bring her back and pair her with Chad or something.

9.) Celeste - I just love her.

10.) Lawrence Alamain - He would breathe some much needed life into the Vivian/Carly and Carly/Bo/Hope stories. Not that I'm a fan of people coming back from the dead, but I feel like Lawrence is needed here to up the stakes.

11.) Chelsea Brady - I don't know what I would have her do, but I'd like to see her again.

Jack and John could return down the road. Ditto that for the Reeds -- Austin and Billie (only with Julie Pinson in the role). Lucas could return with Sami. JT should also return when he's a little older to reunite with Bo and Hope.
Kenny you should be head writer. It's about time someone remembered that Lexie & Abe actually exist! Great story, my eyes were glued to the screen.

meaculpa

I love your ideas for Nancy coming back, Kenny! I'd also love to see Sami head offscreen for a few months and then return as the 'real' Sami with Lucas.

My 'want back' wish list used to always start with Calliope and Eugene, but after what they just did to Calliope forget it. I guess that goes for any returns. Bring them back true to character, not distorted all out of shape just for the latest plotlines, or don't bother at all.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I vote for Kenny's plan.

But I'd settle for bringing back Carrie, Jennifer, Jack, Abby, Chelsea, Shawn, and Belle. Never thought I'd say those last two. Marlena has to come around, too, from time to time.

I'd ditch Chloe, Daniel, Carly (just not working for me at all), Stephanie, EJ, and two of Sami's kids. Rafe can stick around because he's the perfect Austin replacement in a Carrie/Sami war.

dylan76
Member Avatar

RETURN
Isabella Black
Eve Donovan
Kristen Blake
Cassie DiMera
Mimi Lockhart
Jennifer Deveraux
Carrie Brady
Melissa Horton
Jack Deveraux (only MARK VALLEY)
Shawn & Belle (Jason Cook & Martha Madison)

DEPART
Melanie
Philip
Roman
Nicole
Stephanie

NEVER COME BACK
John & Marlena (unless it's a 2 day visit)
Jack (Matt Ashford)
Austin (Austin Peck. I'm cool with Patrick Muldoon though)

AND GIVE CARLY SOMETHING MORE INTERESTING TO DO!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Go:
Good Sami

Bring Back:
Bad Sami

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Get rid of:
Sami (She could return after a year or two)
Rafe
Gabi
Melanie
Arianna
Carly
Daniel
Abe
Roman

Bring Back:
Lucas
Nick Fallon
Chelsea Brady (she has to return single, she can't still be with Max.)
Jennifer
Jack
Abby
Carrie
Austin
Shawn
Belle
Joy Wesley (Chloe's little sis)
Bill
Laura
Kayla
Steve
And bring on some of Justin and Adrienne's kids.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply