Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Who would you like to return, and who would you like to see go?
Topic Started: Jun 8 2010, 04:39 PM (4,051 Views)
somersetfan
Member Avatar

Exit
MELANIE! :wave:
Gabi
Chole
Daniel
Arianna
Rafe
Sami(temporarily, then return as a bitch who is NOT on every day!)

Return
Laura
Bill
Jennifer
Jack
Abby
Carrie
Mike
Calliope
Eugene(he has to return if not then NO Calliope)
Shane
Kim
Nicholas

Featured more
Doug
Julie
Anna
Fay
Abe
Lexie
Justin
Adrienne
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jennlee915
Member Avatar

Exit

Melanie I can't stand this bitch and I want to throw something through the damn screen every time her ass is on. Send her ass off to blow her bubbles so we don't have to see her. :wave: :wave:

Nathan let him and Melanie go somewhere and treat each other like shit like they've treated Philip and Stephanie.

Daniel
Carly
Rafe
Arianna
Gaby
Will (new one)
Roman

Bring Back
Steve
Kayla
Jennifer
Peter Blake
Lucas and put him and Sami back together
Tony
Anna
Will (Dylan Patton)
Allie
Chelsea
Max
Nick
Marlena because almost everyone in Salem needs some therapy.
John
Shawn D (Jason Cook)
Mimi

Tibi
Member Avatar

jennlee915
Jun 11 2010, 11:45 AM
Exit

Melanie I can't stand this bitch and I want to throw something through the damn screen every time her ass is on. Send her ass off to blow her bubbles so we don't have to see her. :wave: :wave:

Nathan let him and Melanie go somewhere and treat each other like shit like they've treated Philip and Stephanie.

Daniel
Carly
Rafe
Arianna
Gaby
Will (new one)
Roman

Bring Back
Steve
Kayla
Jennifer
Peter Blake
Tony
Anna
Will (Dylan Patton)
Allie
Chelsea
Max
Nick
John
Shawn D (Jason Cook)
Mimi
I like your list. :)
I'd like to see all those people go too.

I would like to bring back:
Lucas
Eric
Rex
Mimi
Shawn
Belle
Abby
Jack
Jenn
Steve
Kayla
John
Marlena
Edited by Tibi, Jun 11 2010, 01:49 PM.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

jennlee915
Exit

Daniel
Carly
Rafe
Arianna
Gaby
Will (new one)
Roman

Bring Back
Steve
Kayla
Jennifer
Peter Blake
Tony
Anna
Will (Dylan Patton)
Allie
Chelsea
Max
Nick
John
Shawn D (Jason Cook)
Mimi
Seeing your banter made me miss Philip and Stephanie :( It is ashame how the writers ruined them :shame:

letilady

I would love to see few old people return are:
Marlena
John
Belle
Shawn
Jennifer B-)
Jack
Patch (steve)
Kayle
Lawrence - so can reunited (spelling) with carly and be lovely/good parents to mel and nicky ;)

get rid of:
Rafe :x
Gabi
Arianna
Chloe
Edited by letilady, Jun 11 2010, 03:04 PM.

jennlee915
Member Avatar

Bella01
Jun 11 2010, 01:48 PM
jennlee915
Exit

Daniel
Carly
Rafe
Arianna
Gaby
Will (new one)
Roman

Bring Back
Steve
Kayla
Jennifer
Peter Blake
Tony
Anna
Will (Dylan Patton)
Allie
Chelsea
Max
Nick
John
Shawn D (Jason Cook)
Mimi
I like your list. :)
I'd like to see all those people go too.

I would like to bring back:
Lucas
Eric
Rex
Mimi
Shawn
Belle
Abby
Jack
Jenn
Steve
Kayla
John
Marlena
:thankyou: Sorry for the potty mouth but Melanie and Nathan bring out the worst in me they so deserve each other. I like your bring back list too.

jennlee915
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Jun 11 2010, 02:50 PM
jennlee915
Exit

Daniel
Carly
Rafe
Arianna
Gaby
Will (new one)
Roman

Bring Back
Steve
Kayla
Jennifer
Peter Blake
Tony
Anna
Will (Dylan Patton)
Allie
Chelsea
Max
Nick
John
Shawn D (Jason Cook)
Mimi
Seeing your banter made me miss Philip and Stephanie :( It is ashame how the writers ruined them :shame:
I miss Philip and Stephanie too and it is ashame how they ruined them. :angry:

catsmeouch

Okay...I've finally settled on my ideal Days cast! I've limited the contract players to thirty because if this were real life, the Days budget probably couldn't afford more than that.

Here goes:

CONTRACT
Hope
Bo
Sami
Will
Nicole
EJ
Chloe
Philip
Arianna
Brady
Kate
Stefano
Maggie
Nathan
Lexie
Chad
Stephanie (recast with Heidi Mueller)
Eric (recast with Travis Schuldt)
Andrew Donovan (cast with newcomer)
Jeannie Donovan (cast with newcomer)
Abby (recast with newcomer)
Lucas
Jennifer
Jack
Carrie
Austin (Patrick Muldoon preferably, or Austin Peck)
Belle (only if Kirsten Storms were available)
Shawn (only if Jason Cook were available)
and finally
John
Marlena

RECURRING
Victor
Doug
Julie
Caroline
Abe
Roman (recast with Wayne Northrop)
Melissa
Laura
Bill
Kayla
Patch
Bert (the twin brother of Stefano's late henchman Bart)

SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCES

Marie
Pete Jannings (Nathan's father, I hope)
Kimberly
Shane
Frankie
Billie (played by Lisa Rinna)
Max
Chelsea
Eve Donovan
Fay
Craig
Nancy

GONE
Carly
Vivian
Rafe
Gabi
Melanie
Dan
Justin
Adrienne
Anna

I'd pair Stephanie with EJ because of their race car driving history, and put them in a quad with Nathan and Jeannie.
Philip and Chloe would find themselves in a six-pack with Andrew, Abby, Shawn, and Belle, with Abby wanting Philip, Chloe attracted to Andrew, and Andrew wanting to come between Belle and Shawn.
Eric, Nicole, Brady, and Arianna would be in a quad.
Will and Chad would be lovers.
Kate would find herself in a triangle with Laura and Bill.
Victor would be in the middle of a triangle with Caroline and Maggie.
Bo and Hope are above love triangles.
John and Marlena are too, but Stefano would try to worm his way between them.
Jennifer and Austin's friendship would put a strain on their marriages to Jack and Carrie, but ultimately neither couple would cheat or break up.
Sami and Lucas would reunite. Because Sami is evil, she would try to break up Carrie and Austin just for the fun of it by pushing him to Jennifer, but Lucas would get upset with Sami for trying to manipulate his siblings. That would create tension in their marriage. Sami wouldn't be trying to get Austin for herself, she'd just be trying to break up Carrie and Austin because she likes to hurt her sister.
Edited by catsmeouch, Jun 12 2010, 05:50 PM.

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

I would Like to see

Coming in:
Belle
Shawn
John
Anna/Tony/Andre

Leaving:
Rafe
Arianna
Gabby
Stephanie

Taelyn

Bring back

John and Marlena
Kristen
Jack & Jennifer & Abby
Shawn and Belle and Claire
Craig & Nancy Wesley
Mike Horton
Chelsea Brady
Celeste
Tony/Andre DiMera
Shane Donavan
Kimberly

Get rid of

Dr Baker
Chloe
Dr Jonas
Mia
Carly Manning (or atleast out of Bo's orbit)
Roman Brady
Ej Dimera (or atleast use him sparingly and pair him with a woman who loves him or none at all.
Brady Black (If he cant act like Johns son hit the road)
Stephanie

Soras
Theo
Ciara
*They should be young teens by now*
If they are going to hire teens they should write for them... otherwise get rid of all of them and send Will and friends off to college

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

BradyB
Jun 8 2010, 05:11 PM
Return
Doug&Julie
Kayla
Patch
Kim
Shane
Jennifer-Melissa Reeves only
Jack-Matthew Ashford only
Eve
Calliope
Eugene
Melissa
Carrie-Christie Clark
Austin-must be Patrick Muldoon
Marlena
Lucas
Celeste

Leave
Gabi
Rafe
Chad
Mia-Which she is
Daniel
Chloe
Just curious....which Eve? The cop that EJ killed, or Shane's daughter? (Who, by the way, most of you know, played Quinn's mom on Glee! Hard to imagine.)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

OK, I'll bite:

Bring Back:

1. John and Marlena (did I say that? The writing has to be better, though, and Dee Hall needs to be more like the Dee Hall of the late 70's-early 80's).
2. Steve and Kayla (piss poor writing the last time).
3. jack and Jennifer (needs better writing.)
4. Shawn (played by Jason Cook. I could never buy Brandon Beemer as a Hope/Bo child.)
5. Belle (for Philip only. DAMN, they had chemistry).
6. Mimi (Only if Fath doesn't play her like she's been playing Gigi, otherwise, Mimi will need a recast.)
7. I'm intrigued to see an Eric by a good actor. I've never experienced Eric.
8. Eugene (but unless Arleen Sorkin gets some acting lessons, no Calliope, please).
9. Alice :'( (OK, I know)
10. Eve Donovan-she was awesome as a bitch back then.
11. Retread John Taylor as Chris Kosechek ( had SUCH a crush on him as a teen!)
12. Wayne Northrop as Roman
13. Nick Fallon
14. I'd been intrigued to see Jessica Fallon
15. Marie in a recurring role. We need more Hortons. (Plural, not possessive. Sorry, I get very AR about apostrophe abuse, LOL)
16. Lucas, but not as someone totally in Sami's orbit (unless I get my wish about Sami. See next list). He needs to explore his alcohol abuse, hang with Maggie more, and redevelop the Hortons
17. Pocket, Philip's child. That ended too abruptly
18. Shane and Kim
19. Chelsea, with good writing.

OK, after that trip down sentimental valley....

Get rid of or backburner (I'm a softie. I think all these people can improve):

1. Sami-LONG hibernation in a nunnery in the Himalayas, where she can contemplate her navel and learn about birth control and being her own woman. Oh, and learn some job skills that don't call for nepotism.
2. Josh Taylor as Roman
3. Melanie. I think Molly Burnett can be OK, but she has to mature and get a vocal coach
4. Chloe-I'm tired of her. Time for a vacay.
5. EJ-he can come back sooner than Sami. Actually, he can stay as long as he's out of Sami's orbit. He needs to be his own guy and NOT be part of a Sami storyline, but have his own.
6. Gabi-needs a purpose in life
7. Will and Chad need to be a couple, or they really don't have much of a purpose
9. Rafe needs to get into some orbit other than Sami's. Actually, I wonder how many characters in Sami's orbit would stay on people's keep list if they WEREN'T in her orbit? I'd be intrigued,since I hear Galen Goring can actually act in other avenues.
10. Arianna-she grates.
11. Vivian's toadie
12. Possibly Vivian
13. My jury's still out on Carly. Right now, she's a busybody.

Better Writing
1. Philip: writers, look at me. Philip is a grown man pushing 30ish. He has lost a leg and has a new face. He's a vet. He's a mogul. He kidnapped someone he thought was his little girl at one time. He locked Mimi in a trunk. He has a little boy floating out there somewhere, the result of a hideous lab foul-up by another character still on board, with a story that hasn't resolved. He has very hot sex scenes with the woman who played his ex-wife. He even did well in his last sex scene with a woman who can't emote (unless she's doing sex. Hmmm). WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH THIS GUY??????????? Make him a gynecologist, for pete's sake!

2. Stephanie and Nathan. And a little more acting coaching so they can express feeling.

3. Nicole. OK, last year you gave her material that she took and ran with and garnered herself an Emmy nomination. You got people who couldn't stand her to feel for her. What the hell now? She's going all mealy over Brady? Gimme a break. She needs to be "I am woman" in Sami-I-wish mode. Now, if you paired her up with Sami as frenemies, like JER did with them in that sewer scene where they were looking for something and actually infuse some HUMOR into this show and make them the next Laverne and Shirley or Lucy and Ethel, I might even be willng to put up with Sami!

luhlinger

COME BACK:
Marlena
John
Kristen Blake
Steve
Kayla
Jack
Jen
Rolf

GOOD BYE:
Rafe
Arianna
Gabi
Roman
Stephanie
Edited by luhlinger, Jun 14 2010, 09:44 AM.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Bring Back:
Lucas
John
Marlena
Shawn (Jason Cook)
Belle (Martha Madison)
a new love interest for Lexie
Austin
Carrie
Jennifer
Jack
Abby

Get Rid Of:
Stephanie
EJ
Rafe (or at least take him out of Sami's orbit)
Chad
Sami

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

ladyofthelake
Jun 13 2010, 08:23 AM
Make him a gynecologist, for pete's sake!

Hee! To quote Jordan, "I've got a LOT of pap!" Exactly.

Since in fantasy world neither budget nor balance nor writing matter, this is just who I miss and who I can't wait to see gone:

Come back:

Steve and Kayla
John and Marlena
Eric Brady
Shane
Abby Deveraux (sorry, I don't need her parents)
Chelsea
Nick

Don't let the door hit you:

Sami
Melanie
Carly
Chad
Arianna

jennlee915
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jun 14 2010, 10:06 AM
ladyofthelake
Jun 13 2010, 08:23 AM
Make him a gynecologist, for pete's sake!

Hee! To quote Jordan, "I've got a LOT of pap!" Exactly.

Since in fantasy world neither budget nor balance nor writing matter, this is just who I miss and who I can't wait to see gone:

Come back:

Steve and Kayla
John and Marlena
Eric Brady
Shane
Abby Deveraux (sorry, I don't need her parents)
Chelsea
Nick

Don't let the door hit you:

Sami
Melanie
Carly
Chad
Arianna
:thankyou: I forgot I want that snot nose Chad to leave.

vinnmerc
Member Avatar

Return:

1. Marlena Evans (the show hasn't been the same for me without her)
2. Carrie Brady Reed
3. Steve & Kayla Johnson
4. Tony Dimera
5.Rolf
Go:The sooner the better!

1. Rafe Hernandez
2. Gabi Hernandez

CynthiaHaskins1

Hi!,I am sorry to say this but i have to disagree with you there is no need to bring back deidre hall or the character of marlena evans i want her to stay far away from days of our lives as possible.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Okay, I'll give this a try:

Bring back:

Marlena (I miss Sami's mom....she needs to wake Sami up and pronto)

John (you can't have one without the other, right?)

Jennifer (well I love me some J&J)

Jack (same thing)

Frankie (because I had a crush on him)

Lucas (I'll take him any way I can have him and it doesn't have to involve Sami at first. I wouldn't mind him being with someone else for a while and have Sami go crazy with jealousy...have women fight for Lucas FOR ONCE! If there MUST be a triangle let him be the center of it instead of Sami. They can have him fall for Rafe's come back from the dead ex and have more of a quad going on...

Bill (I think he's missed out on Lucas' life way too much, and Will and Allie need their grandpa)

Tony (after Lucas has spent quality time with his father Bill after his move back from Africa, it's revealed that he isn't Bill's son, but Tony's)

Laura (pair her with Roman or something but not with Bill, I want Kate and Bill to give it a try again...he can pull her back from Stefano's grasp and Lucas can help)

Gone

Gaby

Arianna (I am not sure on her yet...she's a maybe for me)

EJ (I need a break from his character)

Pod Sami (she can leave if she stays stupid, if she's a badass again...I'll take her...heck I'll ever take her with 50% of what she use to be, but this creature on my screen now is boring and stupid and I don't like stupid, boring, weak women)

Chad

Melanie

Carly

Chloe

Dan

Beth
Member Avatar

Gone:
Ken Corday
Current Writers
Chloe
Melanie
Chad
Misc. Teen Friends
Vivian/Vivian's Goon
Stephanie
Abe
Nicole- give her a man of her own and a story or get rid of her.

Coming:
Jack/Jennifer/Abby/JJ- Much needed in the Horton void. Abby needs to be older so she can become involved with Phillip.

Lawrence-Would be not dead, just messing with Carly and Vivian. He could return, bringing a way for their son to appear. Lawrence and Vivian would ultimately leave together.

Kim/Shane/Children- Must be properly reunited. Shane's ISA work would provide a backdrop for a new villain, they could recruit Rafe into the ISA and make him more interesting.

John/Marlena- She is the matriarch of DOOL not Maggie. There is a huge void with Alice gone that only Marlena can fill. John is now related to everyone and would fit well into a new villain storyline.

Shawn/Belle/Claire- Would be brought back to help Bo and Hope find their way back to each other.

Justin/Adrienne- let them reconcile and go off together.

Lucas

I would hire the writing team from Lost/Heroes/Frasier/pick some successful series. Give them a decent budget and the authority to make the changes needed.

Sideline-
Phillip would end up with new Abby
Carly would end up with Doctor Pervert (that story could be done well especially with Vivian and Lawrence in town to cause trouble. CHLOE COULD GET MURDERED IN A HORRIBLE WAY :)
Sami would be with EJ or Lucas- not Rafe.
Rafe could end up with Kristen if she were to return or Lexi if we killed off Abe :)
A new teen set with actual ties to the community would make a lot more sense and they could be woven into the adult story lines.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply