Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW:A closer look:Kate; June 22nd issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jun 10 2010, 02:10 PM (2,092 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

Tired of Madeline holding an incriminating tape over her and Stefano’s heads, Kate heads to her adversary’s safety deposit box to steal it.

“Kate and Stefano figure out pretty fast where this tape must be. It has to be in Madeline’s safety deposit box. Kate’s like, ‘Who the hell are you going to get to steal it?’ And Stefano just looks at her. So Kate’s coerced into doing this. It’s not like she really wants to,” says Lauren.

SOW asks, “Kate never does anything she doesn’t want to. Does she?” Lauren says, “Well, with all of this, Kate and Stefano are very much on the same page. And, perhaps a little bit, Kate is driven to take care of this, because she knows it can really all blow up. To a degree, Kate was closer to Madeline. She’s the one who brought Madeline into the business. So Kate’s feeling some responsibility for all of this. Kate ends up going to the bank and impersonating Madeline, which is always fun. I love putting on a wig. It’s pretty cool.”

Kate goes in and starts to go through the box, and then Madeline walks in the back of the bank. So Kate dashes out and takes everything that was in the box with her. Madeline doesn’t see her. She goes to the box and nothing is there, it’s empty. She knows immediately that it is the DiMeras’ doing.

As far as Kate and Stefano are concerned, Madeline’s hold on them is over and they are back in the driver’s seat. But there is more to come. Lauren says, “Yes, Madeline has another secret, and it’s big!”

Lauren likes working with Jessica Tuck. She says, “I love her. She’s such a fabulous actress and a great woman. It was really interesting, because neither one of us knew where this was going when we did our initial scenes together. We were both wondering, ‘What could it be?’ Then we go to know a little bit of their history, and that really started to fuel everything.”

Lauren enjoys delving into Kate and Madeline’s past. “That’s the best part. I love when they go back and reveal parts of the past. That’s what they’re doing, showing little glimpses of what Kate and Madeline’s lives were like and how it contributed to who they are today. For me, I like to remember, because Kate has so many broken pieces in her past. For this Madeline character, it’s the same thing. You discover there was a period when these two women were very close. They probably shared many secrets and pain. Plus, having to deal with Stefano, the way he was then, and the position they were in then., it’s very complicated. Jessica and I even did a series of photos to accompany that period, when Kate and Madeline were girlfriends. We were back in our 80’s gear.”

Does that mean big shoulder pads? “Yes! We got to raid some of the 80’s wardrobe they had at DAYS. It was really fun going through all that stuff. There was huge hair, especially Kate’s. We went a little crazy with it. I remember back in the 80’s, I would do huge hair myself with a huge Mohawk. That was a lot of fun, “ says Lauren.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Another secret? What was the first one--that Madeleine was a DiMera Sex Worker? And how does Kate know/think Madeleine's hold on them is over when we don't even know the contents of the safety deposit box?

Thanks for posting!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I wish they would just get to the damn story already....but it does sound interesting.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Chad is so Stefano's kid!

BradyB

Im looking forward to seeing the pictures of them in the 80's era

Keith
Member Avatar

I;m lookign forward to the 80's flashbacks :lol:

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Chad has to be a DiMera. It has to be the reason why Stefano acts weird like, we have been getting along until now. Sounds like the mother of his kid..

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I am really interested in this story. Can't wait to find out what the big secret is most likely about Chad's parentage.

And I am loving anything that gets Will & Chad some screentime together. :wub:

cassie1013

LoL and DAYS continues to fuck up their timelines...Kate's kids are all definitely born in the 70's, aren't they?

Oh well, 80's flashbacks sounds hilarious.

I wonder if this is another sex tape? I kid, I kid... probably...dun dun dun, a MURDER tape!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I wouldn't doubt it if Stefano is Chad's father and Kate his mother, but Kate gave him up to Madeline to raise away from Stefano back then....wouldn't it be weird that would make Will and Chad related through Kate...

Schumi_F1

sounds interesting!

i just can't imagine Stefano not wanting to raise his child(if it's Chad). it has to be something more.

love Lauren koslow, glad she's getting fun s/l.

thanks for posting.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Jun 10 2010, 03:53 PM
LoL and DAYS continues to fuck up their timelines...Kate's kids are all definitely born in the 70's, aren't they?

I wonder if this is another sex tape? I kid, I kid... probably...dun dun dun, a MURDER tape!
Kate was a hooker after she had given birth to her children. She thought Austin and Billie were dead and she had to raise Lucas alone.

lysie
Member Avatar

Schumi_F1
Jun 10 2010, 09:53 PM
sounds interesting!

i just can't imagine Stefano not wanting to raise his child(if it's Chad). it has to be something more.

thanks for posting.
Stefano didn't raise any of his children.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

This story has the potential to be really, really good - it definitely has the actors to pull it off.

Question is - will it have the writing? :-/

Thanks for posting!

six
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Yesterday 3:53 PM

Yea, she should've been going after Victor, and trying to conceive Philip by this time.

With the 80s flashbacks, I don't see how this can have anything to do with Chad, although time never matters on this show, as we can see.

lysie
33 minutes ago
Schumi_F1
sounds interesting!

thanks for posting.
He helped raise EJ, depending on which version of his history you believe; Kristen and Peter, too. I could see him not raising Chad if he didn't realize he existed.

This is the story I'm most looking forward to.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jun 11 2010, 10:42 AM
cassie1013

Yea, she should've been going after Victor, and trying to conceive Philip by this time.

With the 80s flashbacks, I don't see how this can have anything to do with Chad, although time never matters on this show, as we can see.

lysie
33 minutes ago
Schumi_F1
sounds interesting!

thanks for posting.
He helped raise EJ, depending on which version of his history you believe; Kristen and Peter, too. I could see him not raising Chad if he didn't realize he existed.

He initially chose not to raise EJ, though. He also willingly stepped aside for the Kayla and Steve to take Benji. Raising his children isn't a thing with him. Kristen and Peter weren't his biological children so that's not quite the same as him not wanting to raise his child.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 11 2010, 10:56 AM
six
cassie1013

lysie
33 minutes ago

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

He initially chose not to raise EJ, though. He also willingly stepped aside for the Kayla and Steve to take Benji. Raising his children isn't a thing with him. Kristen and Peter weren't his biological children so that's not quite the same as him not wanting to raise his child.
I don't see why it matters that the Blakes were adopted, but that is true that he doesn't need to raise them, but he does need to be involved (apparently excepting Benji - I didn't see that story). He gave EJ to his daughter, and gave Zach to his other daughter when he thought he was his. If he'd known about Chad I'm sure he'd want him in the family, too.

Deleted User
Deleted User

He raised Tony, Kristen and Peter. Of course, they aren't biologically his, but that's something. LoL

To be fair, he never knew about Renee or Lexie. (I don't know the details about Megan.)

Benji and EJ are fair game for your assessment, though.
Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

Tony? He didn't raise Tony! Daphne did...in Australia. Like many of Stefano's kids, he was, however, a product of Stefano's influence in his adult's life.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jun 11 2010, 11:23 AM
lysie
Jun 11 2010, 10:56 AM
six

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I don't see why it matters that the Blakes were adopted, but that is true that he doesn't need to raise them, but he does need to be involved (apparently excepting Benji - I didn't see that story). He gave EJ to his daughter, and gave Zach to his other daughter when he thought he was his. If he'd known about Chad I'm sure he'd want him in the family, too.
It doesn't matter in this context of this conversation because they weren't his children first. There wasn't a choice to make about whether to keep his kids with him or not. He chose to take them in when they weren't his kids and then he made them his kids. I'm not knocking adoption or the bond it's just not the same kind of choice I'm talking about with Stefano.

He didn't raise Tony or Megan. Megan had an adopted father and a different last name. That's why no one knew she was a DiMera.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply