Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Goodbye to 545 Sycamore Street: A Horton House Tribute
Topic Started: Jun 10 2010, 03:56 PM (1,486 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

As "Days of Our Lives" gets ready to say farewell to Alice Horton later this month, "Days" fans will also be saying goodbye to another part of "Days" which has been around since the first episode on November 8, 1965: 545 Sycamore Street: The Horton House. Take a look back at "Days" most iconic set with a special tribute...http://www.jason47.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

It still chaps my ass that we're never going to see the Horton house again. I know we never see it as is, but the fact that they're actually getting rid of it just burns me.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Why the hell are they getting rid of it? Those idiots, what a stupid idea!

Taelyn

Why cant Jennifer, or even Nathan, or Doug and Julie move into it ? .. This totally sucks

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I understand that it's a big set and I get the economic reasons but there is a way around it. Here's what I would do. To keep the set, you want to have someone move in who is active in story so that you can use it. Otherwise, it makes no sense to keep it and you can make it one of the permanent sets like the Dimera Mansion, Brady Pub, etc. Maggie's kitchen is a small set so I wouldn't have her leave that set for Alice's. Therefore, I would move Bo and Hope in there (or, right now, just Hope and then move Bo in later) Both are active in story and that way we can see the set alot and they can get rid of Bope's house. Or, if Jennifer returns, have her move in there and just get rid of another set. Just as long as it's someone who is active in story and who doesn't already frequent a small set that is already permanent like Maggie, I think it would work fine and within budget. It's stupid to get rid of something so iconic.

BradyB

I think it is dumb to get rid of the set as well. I want to know why Hackley and her other writers are the ones that get to decide if it should stay or go. Who does she think she is???? If its to big of a set isn't there a way to downsize it? Give us just part of the set at least. I think it will be a great house for Jack and Jenn to move into when they return to Salem!!!

BradyB

I was so glad to see the Horton House set in todays episode. It is a much needed set for Days!

KMan101
Member Avatar

It's such a historic set and it's so shitty they aren't keeping it around. Once again, Corday proves to be a moron.

catsmeouch

Don't be surprised if the last time we see the Horton house is when Doug and Julie put a "for sale" sign on the lawn.

Keith
Member Avatar

The fact that they kept the set all this time without using it speaks volumes, IMO. They could have gotten rid of it, chopped it up, and sold its scrap parts. But they didn't. And despite what people say, Higley mention the Smithsonian. Will it go there? probably not, but even she knows it deserves that kind of honor. I think they would use it if it fit with their working business model. It probably just doesn't make sense, sadly.
Edited by Keith, Jun 11 2010, 11:17 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BradyB

Has the Horton house always had such green walls? I really don't remember them being so green. I am trying to figure out if it is just my tv or what the deal is?

devlgirl31

BradyB
Jun 15 2010, 04:44 PM
Has the Horton house always had such green walls? I really don't remember them being so green. I am trying to figure out if it is just my tv or what the deal is?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSCvX4oewaY This is back in 92, so I guess its always been.

It is VERY green! But beautiful, I love the stairway.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I guess the annual Horton ornament hanging will happen at Bo and Hope's now? :(

Mason
Member Avatar

Rick
Jun 16 2010, 07:56 PM
I guess the annual Horton ornament hanging will happen at Bo and Hope's now? :(
I'm pretty sure that that's where it happened this past Christmas (and I wasn't happy about it, then, either).

catsmeouch

It's too bad Bo and Hope don't live on the Fancy Face anymore. That would be a fun place for the ornament hanging!

catsmeouch

When was the last time the Horton house was seen before last week? Christmas 2008?

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Hopefully Bo and Hope are reunited by then. Otherwise, they might have to expand on Maggie's living room set.

catsmeouch

Don't get me started on Maggie's living room set...somehow between 2004 and 2010 the entire main level of the floor was shifted and now the front door is at the back!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply