Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What are the chances they are going to go with a Chad & Will pairing?
Topic Started: Jun 10 2010, 06:51 PM (7,328 Views)
Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Just wondering if people think they have chemistry and if they REALLY will make them a couple of some sort. How likely is it? What do you think?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I don't think it is that likely, but they defenitely have major chemistry. They seem to subtle looks at each other and all their scenes, I thought I was imagining it at first, but others have told me they see it too.

With Mia on her way out, and Gabi not hanging around them I could see them doing it. If Chad turns out to be a member of a certain family, the fallout from their relationship would be great. If they went with them though, I would want Chad to be bi, so we could have a bi-sexual triangle somewhere down the road.

I really hope Tomlin has noticed this chem, and tests it because Chad and Will would be so epic. :wub:

I already have their little love story mapped out in my head, bi-sexual triangle and all. :lol:

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I hope not. No one has friends anyone on this show. Just like I don't want Brady and Melanie to hook up at some point. I think Will and Chad should be friends. Heck, both of them need one.

Plus, gay storylines fizzle on soaps. They start out strong then become all about the person being gay. And they never flesh out the characters any more than that.

I really would like to see a Will recast. This one is great with Sami but he's still kind of blah to me.

Also I want Abby to come back and hook up with Will. Bring back the cousin loving! (Just joking)
Edited by Aliaron, Jun 10 2010, 07:03 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I had the feeling of a gay s/l for these two when I saw nuWill's pic so I thought mabye I was imagining it, that's why I had to start this thread to see if people genuiely see it too.

It's weird because like you say it's the LOOKS these two are shooting one another and their Romeo & Juliet undertones. And then I think maybe that's why there seems to be so many pics of Casey in homosexually suggestive pictures, maybe he's easing his fans into it?

I agree, they shouldn't box them into strict definitions of sexuality and oh I hope they don't get preachy about it. However, I don't think it's going to happen. But then again.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I highly doubt it. I dont see KC getting in such a hot topic because Will is Sami's son. Maybe if it was Chad and some other actor. I think it'll be Will and Chad's Mom. (Even though Chill- is the way to go!)
They even have a cool couples' name- CHill!

Eric83
Member Avatar

To the poster that said we need friends on Days, I agree and Will could have a friend in Tad. He and Kinsey could be involved with this, I would also love to have a SORASed Joy Wesley come to town and come between Will and Chad. As well as two of Justin and Adrienne's sons (one already being an out gay guy, the other wouldnt be involved with the story.) Gay stories do fizzle out on soaps, which is why I want Chad to be bi. They wouldn't have to worry about bringing on random gay dayplayers, and they could really play some emotional beats with Chad struggling on really settling down with a man or woman when he is attracted to both. Suprisingly enough, I think this regime is capable of doing it some justice, but Im not expecting anything Emmy-worthy.

Sami and Will have had a tense relationship these past few years, and having this story could strengthen their relationship and finally come to terms with all of the things Sami has done.

Come on DAYS, give us Chad and Will. :rockon:

Mason
Member Avatar

What are the chances? None, because this is DAYS.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Mason
Jun 10 2010, 07:40 PM
What are the chances? None, because this is DAYS.
Agreed. Though, I do see the chem--Will was just gazing at Chad with puppy dog eyes on yesterday's show.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I wasn't on the bandwagon for this pairing until recently. I see the chemistry and I'm also seeing hints that the show MAY go there. I know it's Days and all but since Tomlin came on this show has been all about trying to bring in fans of other shows.couples in so maybe they will want to tap into the Kish or Nuke fans by going this route. I could see that.

There have been some serious hints, especially yesterday. The looks, the conversation with Will and Tad about Madeline which Will didn't seem too into, Kate saying that Will would find SOMEONE to love, the fact that Will and Chad have gone months without a love interest even being hinted at for either one (on Days, that just isn't normal), and the fact that the casting call for two new teen girls never has seemed to go anywhere. That casting call came out months ago. Here we are in June and we've seen or heard nothing about Will and Chad getting love interests. There has to be something to that on a show like Days, which likes to pair people off left and right very quickly. Usually, your whole story is built upon a pairing and here we have two characters who haven't even had a new pairing hinted at in months. Something's up, at least from my perspective.

Eric83
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 10 2010, 08:14 PM
I wasn't on the bandwagon for this pairing until recently. I see the chemistry and I'm also seeing hints that the show MAY go there. I know it's Days and all but since Tomlin came on this show has been all about trying to bring in fans of other shows.couples in so maybe they will want to tap into the Kish or Nuke fans by going this route. I could see that.

There have been some serious hints, especially yesterday. The looks, the conversation with Will and Tad about Madeline which Will didn't seem too into, Kate saying that Will would find SOMEONE to love, the fact that Will and Chad have gone months without a love interest even being hinted at for either one (on Days, that just isn't normal), and the fact that the casting call for two new teen girls never has seemed to go anywhere. That casting call came out months ago. Here we are in June and we've seen or heard nothing about Will and Chad getting love interests. There has to be something to that on a show like Days, which likes to pair people off left and right very quickly. Usually, your whole story is built upon a pairing and here we have two characters who haven't even had a new pairing hinted at in months. Something's up, at least from my perspective.
Yep.

Gabi hasnt been around them in forever. They were trying to push Gabi and Chad, but it just stopped all of a sudden.

Will and Chad's relationship would just be so big affecting nearly everyone on canvas since Will is a Brady/Horton hybrid and Chad may be a
Spoiler: click to toggle

Ellie

Do you guys honestly think they'd give Sami Brady a gay son? I just don't see it. They'd start with some fringe character before they gave this to Sami to deal with.

six
Member Avatar

It'll never happen, imo. I don't see any chemistry, either.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I will be suprised if they go that route. It is strange how Gabi is not even around them anymore, and that they don't have any new love interests though.

I wonder what happened with that casting call? That information was released a few months ago, wasn't it? You would think they would be airing by now if they did cast the roles. It does seem like it was dropped.

dylan76
Member Avatar

Chad & Will... that would be friggin' hot. I did notice some suspect glances on yesterday's ep myself. Maybe DAYS know that they might be nearing the end & they're going to try some daring stuff.

six
Member Avatar

I always assumed the girls would come around during the summer; so within the next few weeks. Salem doesn't usually explode with random kids until the young viewers are home to see them, early 2000's excepted.

It is weird that we haven't gotten any spoilers on them, though.
Edited by six, Jun 10 2010, 08:34 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 10 2010, 08:24 PM
Do you guys honestly think they'd give Sami Brady a gay son? I just don't see it. They'd start with some fringe character before they gave this to Sami to deal with.
Yes I can see it.

Everytime a gay story happens (well at least in the past few years with Nuke, Kish, Otalia) the soap press pimps it to high heaven. I could see NBC doing this to pimp Ali Sweeney, and would probably make the story all about her and dealing with a gay son.

I would actually love it if the Bradys turned their back on him because of their Catholic faith and morals, and Sami sticks by him, putting her on the outs with her family again, as she always used to be.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Angie79
Jun 10 2010, 08:28 PM
I will be suprised if they go that route. It is strange how Gabi is not even around them anymore, and that they don't have any new love interests though.

I wonder what happened with that casting call? That information was released a few months ago, wasn't it? You would think they would be airing by now if they did cast the roles. It does seem like it was dropped.
Exactly. It's summer now, when teens usually start getting more airtime. The two teens getting any airtime are Chad and Will and their story is more about Kate, Stefano, and Madeline.

This show doesn't do two characters wandering around aimlessly without pairings, especially when they are two characters in the desired teen demos. My feeling is there has to be a reason for it and the fact that the casting call amounted to nothing, to me, means something.

Oh, and they would SO give Sami a gay son. It would give her more airtime and a huge, attention grabbing story for the the "star" of the show that the network adores so much. AS would eat up all the attention. It's all a matter of whether the show, network, and actors playing Will and Chad are amenable, I would think.

There was that rumor years ago that wouldn't go away suggesting that Will would end up being gay. Maybe it will finally happen.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I'd love it but the show would make it all about Sami.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

That casting call was in SOD back in MARCH.

DAYS is on the lookout for two gorgeous teenage girls - one Caucasian and one African-American or Asian. The casting call says the girls are mischievous, smart, and popular with the boys.

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8263208/1/

Eric83
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 10 2010, 08:38 PM
Oh, and they would SO give Sami a gay son. It would give her more airtime and a huge, attention grabbing story for the the "star" of the show that the network adores so much. AS would eat up all the attention. It's all a matter of whether the show, network, and actors playing Will and Chad are amenable, I would think.

Precisely, NBC would use this to pimp the hell out of Sweeney. I am willing to endure it in exchange for Will and Chad. That is why I have the FF button. :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply