Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
WLS Interview with Ken Corday; Update 6/15: Part 4 added
Topic Started: Jun 11 2010, 03:00 PM (9,510 Views)
RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Part 1 here:
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2010/06/ken-corday1.html

We tried not to repeat a lot of ground covered by other interviews. Hope you enjoy.

Part 2:

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2010/06/ken-corday2.html

Part 3:

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2010/06/ken-corday3.html

Part 4:

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2010/06/ken-corday4.html
Edited by Ellie, Jun 15 2010, 10:48 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

TFP.

He's really been pushing this "it wasn't my fault" stuff lately, lol.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Oh boy! So, so much to comment on. But I wouldn't want him to misconstrue me as being too negative or belonging to a 'sattelite fan group' - whatever the hell that is. :eyeroll:

Quote:

I remember days when you go home, you put your head on the pillow at night, and think, “God, did I really say that? What an idiotic thing to say!”

So he remembers the days...like earlier this week?

Dude's a moron. :huh:

Thanks for posting.

catsmeouch

I hate him and the insulting things he said about Reilly. What a jackass.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

"If they are throwing their sandwiches at the TV at lunch that’s okay. If they’re turning off the set, then we are making a mistake."

Well....the ending there is the one thing I can agree with him....a lot of people have turned the TV set off since the winter....for two years I wanted to throw more than sandwiches at my TV, but I was still watching...the minute I didn't care anymore and was able to walk away from it was the part that he should be concerned about.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 11 2010, 03:33 PM
"If they are throwing their sandwiches at the TV at lunch that’s okay. If they’re turning off the set, then we are making a mistake."

Well....the ending there is the one thing I can agree with him....a lot of people have turned the TV set off since the winter....for two years I wanted to throw more than sandwiches at my TV, but I was still watching...the minute I didn't care anymore and was able to walk away from it was the part that he should be concerned about.
Yep and rating are up a little last week from a 1.8 to a 1.9. There was none of a certain couple on either--not that it's all their fault--just saying.

lysie
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Jun 11 2010, 04:21 PM
LuvingLumi

Yep and rating are up a little last week from a 1.8 to a 1.9. There was none of a certain couple on either--not that it's all their fault--just saying.
I know. I was relieved there was no Mickey and Bonnie last week, too.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Roger. It's questions like these I have wanted to see in interviews with Corday.

Mayholidays

lysie
Jun 11 2010, 04:31 PM
magicsteacher
LuvingLumi

I they weren't on because the wardrobe dept didn't have enough fugly bloody clothes to go around if both Sami and Bonnie were on in the episode LOL :hypnotize:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
LuvingLumi

You know...it always used to crack me up when my kids would make a snide remark at one another than then try to soften it by 'just sayin'. :eyeroll:

But I agree...the lack of Safe on screen together was a definite bonus. ;)

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Everytime I see the phrase "just sayin" now I always read it in the voice of Danielle Staub from Real Housewives of New Jersey.

Quote:

Ken Corday: I remember days when you go home, you put your head on the pillow at night, and think, “God, did I really say that? What an idiotic thing to say!”

Oh that Ken. So self-deprecating! Like he's ever said anything that idiotic.

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

Damon Jacobs has certainly mastered the art of ass-kissing. Has he been attending personal seminars held by Nelson Branco???

And I agree that insulting a man who is DEAD---even if it is subtle-----is in bad taste. I wonder how many people will come out of the woodwork to, um....point out all of HIS flaws.... after he kicks the bucket?????
Edited by alstonboy4315, Jun 11 2010, 10:27 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting.

That was a nice interview, good questions were asked. I'm surprised he had unflattering remarks about JER, especially about the recycled stories part. I wonder what Ken thinks about Dena's comments about recyling the baby switch story and using JER's reasoning of having different characters and actors to tell the same story make it fresh.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Thanks for the interview. Interesting read.

Funny about the network forcing JER on him the second time. Could it have been because Corday's buddy Dena had decimated the ratings so much in such a short period of time that the network had to bring in someone with a proven track record for getting those numbers up? I didn't like JER's style at all, but there's no denying that at least in his first run, Days reigned supreme in the 18-49 women demographic and perhaps NBC didn't trust Corday to hire a competent head writer.

It seems in vogue for Days' folk to diss JER now that he's six feet under, but I bet Corday wishes he had JER ratings.

I wonder if Corday frequents and posts on message boards. I have the distinct feeling that he does.
Quote Post Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Corday is a loser, he needs to learn to be original with his stories.

BradyB

Who is Bonnie? She hasn't been in Salem in over two years or so.
Edited by BradyB, Jun 11 2010, 10:29 PM.

Emily

Wow, Ken Corday sure doesn't like to hear criticism for his show, does he? Instead of ignoring the negativity he encounters in these chat rooms, why doesn't he DO something about it?

He'll only chat in chat rooms where the fans are positive and happy with the show? What a little pussy. It must be nice living in a bubble.

glfanalways

Is he serious??? Ken is a p.o.s. blaming James E Reily for all of DAY'S problems g.m.a.f.b and DAY'S is such a huge success right now. NOT!!!!! Please Do Buy K C book. He has enough money.

catsmeouch

Corday is an idiot. There wouldn't be a Days right now if JER hadn't come back. The show was pretty much dead---TV Guide was even about to publish a blurb about Days' cancellation, but at the last minute, the JER deal came through and the show was renewed.

Ungrateful hack!

talbab1994
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 11 2010, 04:31 PM
magicsteacher
LuvingLumi

:lol: :biggrin: :applause: :biggrin: :lol:

Classic!! Seriously funny!! Thanks for the laugh!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply