Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Peter Reckell and Shawn Christian joining Venice
Topic Started: Jun 12 2010, 06:38 AM (2,043 Views)
talbab1994
Member Avatar

CC tweeted last night that both Peter Reckell and Shawn Christian are joining the cast of Venice this season. She said that Peter is in a very different role and that Shawn will be working with the character of Guya.

My pal Peter Reckell is joining Venice this season in the most unlikely part...but that you'll have to wait for!

You know Shawn Christian is onboard to figure out what happened to the Colonel...and to play with @hbsguya. She paid me for that BTW

If this isn't where this belongs-- mods, please move it! Thanks!
Edited by talbab1994, Jun 12 2010, 06:41 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kabre
Member Avatar

LOVE THIS!!

Peter and Crystal, FTW!

Love that she calls him her pal.

I wonder what the role is Peter will be playing? She also said that Peter will be at the upcoming Venice event...which has a beach theme. (oh, and she also said he's a good kisser, but, I digress)

jocelynel3
Member Avatar

I tried to watch the first free eppi at the site, apparently my internet connection isn't fast enough. The audio wasn't playing at the same speed as the video, and the video was really choppy. I wrote an e-mail to their tech supt dept, and never got a return e-mail.

Is it just me and my connection, or is their video/sound on the series that bad for everyone??

Fryday
Member Avatar

jocelynel3
Jun 12 2010, 03:33 PM
I tried to watch the first free eppi at the site, apparently my internet connection isn't fast enough. The audio wasn't playing at the same speed as the video, and the video was really choppy. I wrote an e-mail to their tech supt dept, and never got a return e-mail.

Is it just me and my connection, or is their video/sound on the series that bad for everyone??
When they first launched, video playback on their site was bad for most, because they had so much traffic. After the traffic died down a bit, I never had any issue with the video/sound quality, but I know some people still did. To try and help alleviate pirating, they disabled the buffering of the video, so I'm sure slower internet connections would have had problems viewing streaming video.

The entire first season is now only available via buying a DVD, but you can still catch the first episode on YouTube. I've never had any problem with viewing any of their vids on YouTube. CC stated in an interview not too long ago, that the 2nd season "may" be free. If so, they may just opt for YouTube for season 2. I know streaming the video was costing them a lot of money, which is why the 1st season is no longer available on their site.

Here's the first ep from YouTube:

I felt like their biggest weakness in season one was the writing, but based on CC's tweets and interviews, it seems like fixing the writing kinks has been their major focus for season 2. So I'm optimistically hopeful they're going to be hitting on all cylinders in season 2. Course after the last few months of Days, even the 1st season of Venice is looking better and better to me all the time.

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

So Venice is a real show...that people really watch?

I don't see the pull.At all.

frankki
Member Avatar

Samantha Dimera
Jun 12 2010, 05:52 PM

And what exactly would be wrong with Venice? Have you seen it? I have. It's good. Looking forward to Peter and Christian joining. And the writing is good. Watch before you judge.

Kiren
Member Avatar

frankki
Jun 12 2010, 06:56 PM
Samantha Dimera

And what exactly would be wrong with Venice? Have you seen it? I have. It's good. Looking forward to Peter and Christian joining. And the writing is good. Watch before you judge.
I just watched the 6 minute clip. Then I judged.

Then again, the first clip is never really good, but the dialogue is usually never that bad for any show I've ever seen.
Edited by Kiren, Jun 12 2010, 06:59 PM.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

WOW is every days character going to join? Not interested in the show :huh:

Blazin_Blue

Samantha Dimera

A real web show, yes. Tons of people watch it. The first epi, one of my faves of the season, has over 200,000 hits on YT and a quarter mil in the first month on their site. Seeing as the show was created because of the Otalia fans, the pull is Crystal and Jessica (mainly CC for me). Simple as that. And I can't wait to see Peter on Venice!

Blazin_Blue

JamesScott_19
Jun 12 2010, 07:05 PM
I "Hope" not. However, if they did, I might like them more. So far, Nadia and Galen have been better on Venice than on Days, IMO.
Edited by Blazin_Blue, Jun 12 2010, 07:15 PM.

Kiren
Member Avatar

Blazin_Blue
Jun 12 2010, 07:09 PM
Samantha Dimera

A real web show, yes. Tons of people watch it. The first epi, one of my faves of the season, has over 200,000 hits on YT and a quarter mil in the first month on their site. Seeing as the show was created because of the Otalia fans, the pull is Crystal and Jessica (mainly CC for me). Simple as that. And I can't wait to see Peter on Venice!
Well I can understand that then, I like Make It Or Break It, and none of my friends watch it. Otalia a couple from CC's Previous Soap?

Blazin_Blue

Samantha Dimera
Jun 12 2010, 07:16 PM
Blazin_Blue
Jun 12 2010, 07:09 PM
Samantha Dimera

Well I can understand that then, I like Make It Or Break It, and none of my friends watch it. Otalia a couple from CC's Previous Soap?
Yeah, Otalia (Olivia/Crystal and Natalia/Jessica) is their shipper name from Guiding Light.

CapeSafe

I watched Venice in the beginning because I knew Galen Gering was going to play her brother, as the season went on the writing and directing got better... It turned out pretty good for a web series...

Fryday
Member Avatar

Samantha Dimera

Interesting question, since I view Venice as having better production values, cinematography, music and acting then Days. I'd give a slight edge to Days in the writing category, although if I get another month of Carly saying "If you don't tell Daniel, I will" to Chloe, I'm giving the writing nod to Venice too.

For their first season, I don't think they did too bad. There's definitely room for improvement and hopefully we see that in Season 2.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

what is FTW?

Fryday
Member Avatar

Keisha
Jun 12 2010, 08:40 PM
what is FTW?
For the Win

Rook
Member Avatar

Venice must have magical powers because I can barely stand Nadia and Galen on Days but I love them on Venice. Galen in particular is adorable and so likeable on there.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Blazin_Blue
Jun 12 2010, 07:12 PM
JamesScott_19
Jun 12 2010, 07:05 PM
I "Hope" not. However, if they did, I might like them more. So far, Nadia and Galen have been better on Venice than on Days, IMO.
Wow if the acting improved by those two I might give it a shot, because I happen to think Galen and Nadia are the weakest actors on the show.

DOOLFan85

Kudos to Peter and Shawn for pulling in more work. Though I've never seen one drop of this show besides the night it was free to the public I wish them the best.
Edited by DOOLFan85, Jun 13 2010, 03:18 AM.

Beth
Member Avatar

I don't get it; is CC a lesbian?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply