Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Photo in Horton Living Room on Fri. 6/11
Topic Started: Jun 13 2010, 09:24 PM (1,871 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

I just saw Thursday and Friday's episodes earlier today, and don't know if this was mentioned on the board before...but on a shelf in the Horton Living Room towards the end of the Friday episode was this photograph:

http://www.jason47.com/jason47a/images/1966hortons.JPG

So "Days" did include Ed Mallory's Bill, however briefly, on the Friday episode. Hopefully they can use some of Ed's footage for one of John Martin's scenes.

The photo was the first group Horton photo taken after Ed had joined the show in June 1966.

Thought it was a nice touch that they added that photo to the living room!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BradyB

I do hope that we get some flashbacks of Bill.

lysie
Member Avatar

Thanks, Jason! I asked in the discussion thread if anyone knew what that photo was, and I'm assuming no one did, lol. Well...either that or they thought I was kidding (because I also asked if Dr. Baker lived at the pier)/didn't know what I was talking about.

Keith
Member Avatar

This give me hope for some EM flashbacks!

lysie
Member Avatar

Keith
Jun 13 2010, 09:38 PM
Ed Mallory and Eric Martsolf are another pair that share initials!

Keith
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 13 2010, 09:39 PM
Keith
I noticed that I was typing it, and wondered who would be the first to point it out. Somehow, I didn't expect it to be you, lysie :lol:

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

The Alice scenes are heartwrenching, man, I can't stop crying everytime I see them.

lysie
Member Avatar

Keith
Jun 13 2010, 11:38 PM
lysie
Keith
I noticed that I was typing it, and wondered who would be the first to point it out. Somehow, I didn't expect it to be you, lysie :lol:
LOL. A few weeks ago we had a discussion about all the actors with the same initials. I think it was when the cast picture from the funeral was released.

Keith
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 14 2010, 09:50 AM
Keith
lysie

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
LOL. A few weeks ago we had a discussion about all the actors with the same initials. I think it was when the cast picture from the funeral was released.
Who else is there?

catsmeouch

I would be very surprised if they showed Ed Mallory flashbacks with John Martin now in the role. It's not as if they flash back to classic Bo/Carly scenes with Robert Kelker-Kelly in the role.

Keith
Member Avatar

catsmeouch
Jun 14 2010, 11:27 AM
I would be very surprised if they showed Ed Mallory flashbacks with John Martin now in the role. It's not as if they flash back to classic Bo/Carly scenes with Robert Kelker-Kelly in the role.
That's a very different situation, IMO. Reckell and RKK are basically contemporaries and his time on the show is fairly recent, if over 12 years ago. Reckell hasn't aged much since then, so the difference would be very jarring. Depending on how far back they go, using Ed Mallory clips with John Martin in the role can work. Not to mention, had Mallory been living, I have no doubt he would have been back for this. I hardly expect to see the few significant scenes Mallory had in the 90s, but I hope we get something from the 60s and 70s.

lysie
Member Avatar

Keith
Jun 14 2010, 11:23 AM
lysie
Jun 14 2010, 09:50 AM
Keith

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Who else is there?
CC & CC. LH & LH. AS & AS. The 3 DHs. I feel like there's more...there was a lengthy discussion about SC and how I was so sure there were two. Then we named all the boards that could be shortened to SC before I remembered I was thinking of an SC who isn't even on Days, but gets brought up because of FF. I also get PR and our own PhoenixRising mixed up sometimes (obviously on when someone calls him PR). He doesn't know that, though. And yes, I purposesly used all initials so you'd have to sit here and think. :biggrin:

lysie
Member Avatar

BB & BB!

Keith
Member Avatar

Christie Clark and Crystal Chappell. Leann Hunley and Lindsay Hartley. Alison Sweeny and Arleen Sorkin. Dena Higley, Deidre Hall, and Drake Hogestyn :P. Scott Clifton and Farah Fath? And that's why I call him Tim :lol:

Keith
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 14 2010, 11:36 AM
BB & BB!
Brandon Beemer and Blake Berris.

catsmeouch

Keith
Jun 14 2010, 11:30 AM
catsmeouch
That's a very different situation, IMO. Reckell and RKK are basically contemporaries and his time on the show is fairly recent, if over 12 years ago. Reckell hasn't aged much since then, so the difference would be very jarring. Depending on how far back they go, using Ed Mallory clips with John Martin in the role can work. Not to mention, had Mallory been living, I have no doubt he would have been back for this. I hardly expect to see the few significant scenes Mallory had in the 90s, but I hope we get something from the 60s and 70s.
I just can't see them doing that for Bill. I guess we shall find out tomorrow when the day-ahead for Wednesday's episode is posted.

lysie
Member Avatar

Keith
Christie Clark and Crystal Chappell. Leann Hunley and Lindsay Hartley. Alison Sweeny and Arleen Sorkin. Dena Higley, Deidre Hall, and Drake Hogestyn :P. Scott Clifton and Farah Fath? And that's why I call him Tim :lol:
LOL. You're missing an SC...

Yeah, that's why I call him Tim, too. More than once I've been like "Peter Reckell was here? That's when you send a freaking PM!"

Keith
Member Avatar

catsmeouch
Jun 14 2010, 12:15 PM
Keith
Jun 14 2010, 11:30 AM
catsmeouch
I just can't see them doing that for Bill. I guess we shall find out tomorrow when the day-ahead for Wednesday's episode is posted.
I don't really expect them to. However, showcasing that picture gives me hope that they might. Still, that might be there way of appeasing the Ed Mallory/Bill lovers. Its miniscule enough not to be jarring as opposed to flashbacks. Like you said, we'll have to see. We may see whether my theory is true tomorrow when Bill and Laura show up, or perhaps later. We'll see. I doubt we'll see any Bill/Laura flashbacks, considering JLB only shared scenes with CS's Bill.

six
Member Avatar

Keith
When I saw FF, I was thinking Follow Friday lol. There's a third SC, right? Scott C, as you mentioned, Shawn Christian, and...? Oh, Sharon Case.

Keith
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 14 2010, 12:18 PM
Keith
LOL. You're missing an SC...

Yeah, that's why I call him Tim, too. More than once I've been like "Peter Reckell was here? That's when you send a freaking PM!"
You mean Shawn Christian? That was assumed. :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply