Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 6/14-6/18
Topic Started: Jun 14 2010, 01:25 AM (15,993 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DAYS OF OUR LIVES
Weekly Discussion
Week of June 14

Posted Image

Clips o' the week:

Caroline goes to Victor seeking his help to find Bo.

Laura interrupts the Curtis Brown trial to reveal her return to Salem to the horror of Kate and the delight of the Horton clan... and Vivian.

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Spoiler for tomorrow's episode. My apologies....
Spoiler: click to toggle

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Yep, I saw that, Lysie. I'm curious to see it - because I sure don't remember it.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

Yep Lysie, that had to be Sami in her teen years as I don't recall a one on one between Alice and Sami talking about love...Alice and Julie, yes but Alice and Sami...hmmmm...that flashback is going to be interesting. I'm actually glad that they appear to be doing the story of Alice's death justice.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I have loved the Alice flashbacks. I read the spoiler and the thing that upsets me is that we get that person having an Alice flashback but we have yet to see one with Alice and Jennifer yet. There better be an Alice and Jennifer one soon.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Jun 14 2010, 10:04 AM
I have loved the Alice flashbacks. I read the spoiler and the thing that upsets me is that we get that person having an Alice flashback but we have yet to see one with Alice and Jennifer yet. There better be an Alice and Jennifer one soon.
I agree. I really loved the Alice/Marie one. They've done a great job, thus far, of digging way back and pulling up some great flashbacks.

I'm hoping we get a few Alice/Tom flashbacks, as well. :)

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 14 2010, 09:24 AM
Spoiler for tomorrow's episode. My apologies....
Spoiler: click to toggle
my guess it from years 1993 1994

frankki
Member Avatar

Just watching today's epi....how many damn times do we have to see the same flashback of Chloe and Phillip getting it on? Enough already, we are all VERY familiar with the clip!

Keith
Member Avatar

We should all do shots based upon every time they flash back to that scene by now.

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

Keith
Jun 14 2010, 11:25 AM
We should all do shots based upon every time they flash back to that scene by now.
lol we should. We don't need a flashback anymore. I think everyone is very aware that they had sex and regretted it.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

What we need to see is Chloe having that couch steam cleaned.

frankki
Member Avatar

Maybe if she tried to throw the couch out, that might clue Daniel in.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Matt
Jun 14 2010, 12:55 PM
Ok hahaha with the couch thing, yep that story is getting old. Even though the sex scene was hott!

Ok, as a Safe fan I have to gush.... in her dream they were playing with each others fingers, as a Safe fan I love those little tidbits, they might as well have been :sex4: .

To EJ... why can you call Nicole Nikki and not call Samantha Sami? I love them together I need a good triangle the two women at odds fighting over the right guy.... Ari & Nicole with EJ, with them his character seems to come alive and he's more than Sami's toy. And I believe he calls Arianna, Ari sometimes....

Brady go over to the dark side and let me fall asleep... cause Nicole makes you look stupid. And Ari sucks the interesting right out of you...

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Jun 14 2010, 01:10 PM
Matt
Ok hahaha with the couch thing, yep that story is getting old. Even though the sex scene was hott!

Ok, as a Safe fan I have to gush.... in her dream they were playing with each others fingers, as a Safe fan I love those little tidbits, they might as well have been :sex4: .

To EJ... why can you call Nicole Nikki and not call Samantha Sami? I love them together I need a good triangle the two women at odds fighting over the right guy.... Ari & Nicole with EJ, with them his character seems to come alive and he's more than Sami's toy. And I believe he calls Arianna, Ari sometimes....

Brady go over to the dark side and let me fall asleep... cause Nicole makes you look stupid. And Ari sucks the interesting right out of you...
EJ never called Nicole Nikki when they were a couple. I think he sees nicknames as insulting or demeaning...thus the reason he always calls Samantha by her full name. :)

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 14 2010, 01:47 PM
crookedhalo
Matt

EJ never called Nicole Nikki when they were a couple. I think he sees nicknames as insulting or demeaning...thus the reason he always calls Samantha by her full name. :)
But he goes by E.J....and calls his son Johnny.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
crookedhalo
Matt

actually like I said he calls Arianna Ari sometimes, & not in a demeaning way. Even when he wanted to hurt Sami, he still called her Samantha. & he calls Rafe Rafeal when he's being a jerk about it.... So that doesn't really make sense, no offense to your answer really. It's like he has this block and cannot call Samantha Sami... And since nearly everybody calls Samantha Sami it's like it's more disrespectful than respectful. Personally, I just dont get it. It's less personal.
Edited by crookedhalo, Jun 14 2010, 01:57 PM.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 14 2010, 01:48 PM
SocRMum1
crookedhalo

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
But he goes by E.J....and calls his son Johnny.
exactly...she doesn't call him Elvis... He doesn't call Johnny John. He doesnt call Allie Alice. It's stupid. He doesn't call Bo Beauregard. Not even Will William.
Edited by crookedhalo, Jun 14 2010, 02:08 PM.

coconuts_dog_red

i was just wondering will ciara and theo be aged sometime in the near future?

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Jun 14 2010, 01:56 PM
SocRMum1
crookedhalo

actually like I said he calls Arianna Ari sometimes, & not in a demeaning way. Even when he wanted to hurt Sami, he still called her Samantha. & he calls Rafe Rafeal when he's being a jerk about it.... So that doesn't really make sense, no offense to your answer really. It's like he has this block and cannot call Samantha Sami... And since nearly everybody calls Samantha Sami it's like it's more disrespectful than respectful. Personally, I just dont get it. It's less personal.
Actually, when he first came to town he alternated back and forth calling her Sami and Samantha...and usually referred to her as Sami when he was talking about her to someone else.

I think as his feelings for her grew he started calling her Samantha all the time...and has ever since.

You're right that he uses Johnny and Allie's nicknames - but I've always assumed it was following Sami's lead. Just an assumption on my part.

And can anyone blame him for preferring EJ over Elvis? :lol:

This doesn't speak to the character's motivation so much, but when James was asked in a chat whether the choice for EJ to always call her Samantha was the writers or whether it came from James he responded that he thought Samantha was such a beautiful name, why not use all of it? So that probably has more to do with it than anything else.

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 14 2010, 02:20 PM
crookedhalo
Jun 14 2010, 01:56 PM
SocRMum1

Actually, when he first came to town he alternated back and forth calling her Sami and Samantha...and usually referred to her as Sami when he was talking about her to someone else.

I think as his feelings for her grew he started calling her Samantha all the time...and has ever since.

You're right that he uses Johnny and Allie's nicknames - but I've always assumed it was following Sami's lead. Just an assumption on my part.

And can anyone blame him for preferring EJ over Elvis? :lol:

This doesn't speak to the character's motivation so much, but when James was asked in a chat whether the choice for EJ to always call her Samantha was the writers or whether it came from James he responded that he thought Samantha was such a beautiful name, why not use all of it? So that probably has more to do with it than anything else.
:eyeroll: I have such strong feelings about this. I just don't know why, lol. BECAUSE SHE FREAKING GOES BY SAMI. That's why.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply