Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 6/14-6/18
Topic Started: Jun 14 2010, 01:25 AM (16,146 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Jun 14 2010, 02:22 PM
SocRMum1
Jun 14 2010, 02:20 PM
crookedhalo
Jun 14 2010, 01:56 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Actually, when he first came to town he alternated back and forth calling her Sami and Samantha...and usually referred to her as Sami when he was talking about her to someone else.

I think as his feelings for her grew he started calling her Samantha all the time...and has ever since.

You're right that he uses Johnny and Allie's nicknames - but I've always assumed it was following Sami's lead. Just an assumption on my part.

And can anyone blame him for preferring EJ over Elvis? :lol:

This doesn't speak to the character's motivation so much, but when James was asked in a chat whether the choice for EJ to always call her Samantha was the writers or whether it came from James he responded that he thought Samantha was such a beautiful name, why not use all of it? So that probably has more to do with it than anything else.
:eyeroll: I have such strong feelings about this. I just don't know why, lol. BECAUSE SHE FREAKING GOES BY SAMI. That's why.
Really? I guess I just don't see it as a big deal to call someone by their full name. If Sami had corrected him at some point and told him flat out that she prefers to go by Sami then I would agree - but I don't recall that she's ever done that.

And as a EJami fan, I've always loved the fact that he's pretty much the only one that calls her that. :wub: Silly? Probably? But it sure sounds pretty when he says it. :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 14 2010, 02:24 PM
lysie
SocRMum1
Jun 14 2010, 02:20 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deephe thought Samantha was such a beautiful name, why not use all of it? So that probably has more to do with it than anything else.
:eyeroll: I have such strong feelings about this. I just don't know why, lol. BECAUSE SHE FREAKING GOES BY SAMI. That's why.
Really? I guess I just don't see it as a big deal to call someone by their full name. If Sami had corrected him at some point and told him flat out that she prefers to go by Sami then I would agree - but I don't recall that she's ever done that.

And as a EJami fan, I've always loved the fact that he's pretty much the only one that calls her that. :wub: Silly? Probably? But it sure sounds pretty when he says it. :lol:
Sami may not care. I do, lol. I care in real life. If I don't introduce myself with that name, don't assume you have a right to use it.

catsmeouch

No Alice tribute = No watching the show today.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 14 2010, 02:26 PM
SocRMum1
lysie

Quoting limited to 3 levels deephe thought Samantha was such a beautiful name, why not use all of it?

Sami may not care. I do, lol. I care in real life. If I don't introduce myself with that name, don't assume you have a right to use it.
Maybe I'd feel differently if I had a name that could be shortened...but my given name is all I've ever gone by. How many ways can you shorten "Sheri"? ^_^

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 14 2010, 02:31 PM
lysie
SocRMum1

Quoting limited to 3 levels deephe thought Samantha was such a beautiful name, why not use all of it?
Maybe I'd feel differently if I had a name that could be shortened...but my given name is all I've ever gone by. How many ways can you shorten "Sheri"? ^_^
My problem has always been the opposite. My name is short and people like to lengthen it.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 14 2010, 02:39 PM
SocRMum1
lysie

My problem has always been the opposite. My name is short and people like to lengthen it.
Got it. ;)

mer4santo
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 14 2010, 02:39 PM
SocRMum1
lysie

As I've gotten older I prefer people using my full name but many don't and I'm not bothered by it. But Sami generally acts like she is a 13 year old so it fits.

TINA222
Member Avatar

Quote:

Sami generally acts like she is a 13 year old.
That is being kind. More like 5.

Alligato
Member Avatar

This is just a hilarious topic...show is that good today, huh?

EJ calls Nicole, Nikki, because it is his new pet name for her. He is comfy with her. Likes to mess with her/tease her. Nicknames are reserved for people you know well, feel a close, special connection to, can have fun with.

EJ calls Sami, Samantha, because deep down, he knows she isn't comfortable with him. It's a very formitable name, very serious circumstances surround the couple, so he isn't very lighthearted with her. They hardly smile anymore. When he was having fun with Sami - a long long time ago - he called her "trouble"...which he used later on with Nicole when he was messing with her.
It's his way of relating to Nicole, which he is unable to do with Sami because in all honesty, Sami doesn't give a fuck about EJ. She never really did no matter what supposedly happened off screen.

Again, let me make it clear...she may want to fuck him as her secondary dick, but she doesn't give a fuck about him. There's a difference. ;)

That's the way I C it. :)

Now, is the show any good today? Is JENNIFER in it?

mer4santo
Member Avatar

The lighting on the show really does suck. Kenny is right.

Keith
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jun 14 2010, 03:02 PM

No Hortons, though Stefano has a moment of sharing that he just found out about Alice's condition with EJ. That said, the show was kind of meh.

I think I've gotten to the point where I see through AS whenever she's in scenes. They just bounce right off me.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Alligato
This is just a hilarious topic...show is that good today, huh?

EJ calls Nicole, Nikki, because it is his new pet name for her. He is comfy with her. Likes to mess with her/tease her. Nicknames are reserved for people you know well, feel a close, special connection to, can have fun with.

EJ calls Sami, Samantha, because deep down, he knows she isn't comfortable with him. It's a very formitable name, very serious circumstances surround the couple, so he isn't very lighthearted with her. They hardly smile anymore. When he was having fun with Sami - a long long time ago - he called her "trouble"...which he used later on with Nicole when he was messing with her.
It's his way of relating to Nicole, which he is unable to do with Sami because in all honesty, Sami doesn't give a fuck about EJ. She never really did no matter what supposedly happened off screen.

Again, let me make it clear...she may want to fuck him as her secondary dick, but she doesn't give a fuck about him. There's a difference. ;)

That's the way I C it. :)

Hmmm...so EJ feels more comfy with "Nikki" now than he did when he was supposedly head over heels in love with her? Interesting.

I might buy it, if not for the exagerated sneer every time he says "Nikki". It comes across to me as just a step away from saying "Bitch" or "Whore".

jackie1133

SocRMum1
Jun 14 2010, 01:47 PM
EJ never called Nicole Nikki when they were a couple. I think he sees nicknames as insulting or demeaning...thus the reason he always calls Samantha by her full name. :)
I don't think EJ see all nicks as insulting but, the way James deliver the "Nikki" dialogue, EJ certainly seems to intend it as an insult to HER specifically... and I also like that EJ is one of the few people in Salem that use Sami's full name. Based on James comments in chat, it was his idea.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Alligato
her secondary dick
First I laughed, then I got sad that we're still so far away from football season.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Loved Dick's line today in response to Nicole's question "Do you know how smart EJ is?"

"Yeah, he's so smart that he didn't know that his wife was faking her pregnancy with padding for 6 moths. We're golden."

:laugh:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lanemack
Member Avatar

From my Friday show (I'm a day ahead) - thought it was weird the discussion between Stephano and EJ about Alice. Especially weird hearing Stephano seem, um, nice about comparing Sami to Alice. What happened to the evil DiMera family? Seriously, seemed like old Stephano has been watered down. Unfortunately, it seems like Rafe and Sami are suffering the same annoying fate - let's have everyone prop them up, take all nicey-nicey about them, and wrap their perfect little characters up with a bow for the audience to enjoy. Grrr. Hate that. Can't someone hate Sami for me? Can't someone in Salem hate Rafe?

Today's show follows the same pattern. Honestly, that girl Sami apparently LOVES Rafe. O.K. - get on with it and stop sacrificing E.J. - and move his character out of this boring/repetitive orbit. Rafe is the love of Sami's life - fine then. I don't believe it - but fine. I think if this goes on until Labor Day - with E.J. pining over Sami and Sami pining over Rafe - it will be horrid. They've taken any conflict out of the story and puffed Rafe/Sami up so much that it's not fun to watch.

jackie1133

tomsawyer
Jun 14 2010, 03:14 PM
Loved Dick's line today in response to Nicole's question "Do you know how smart EJ is?"

"Yeah, he's so smart that he didn't know that his wife was faking her pregnancy with padding for 6 moths. We're golden."

:laugh: Yeah, completely priceless! This fake preggers Ejole plot will forever be the lowest of the low on my scale for DUMB EJ...

lysie
Member Avatar

Lanemack
From my Friday show (I'm a day ahead) - thought it was weird the discussion between Stephano and EJ about Alice. Especially weird hearing Stephano seem, um, nice about comparing Sami to Alice. What happened to the evil DiMera family? Seriously, seemed like old Stephano has been watered down. Unfortunately, it seems like Rafe and Sami are suffering the same annoying fate - let's have everyone prop them up, take all nicey-nicey about them, and wrap their perfect little characters up with a bow for the audience to enjoy. Grrr. Hate that. Can't someone hate Sami for me? Can't someone in Salem hate Rafe?

Today's show follows the same pattern. Honestly, that girl Sami apparently LOVES Rafe. O.K. - get on with it and stop sacrificing E.J. - and move his character out of this boring/repetitive orbit. Rafe is the love of Sami's life - fine then. I don't believe it - but fine. I think if this goes on until Labor Day - with E.J. pining over Sami and Sami pining over Rafe - it will be horrid. They've taken any conflict out of the story and puffed Rafe/Sami up so much that it's not fun to watch.

I thought that's what the Day ahead read like! Head exploding! If that's not evil, I don't know what is, Lanemack.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

jackie1133
Jun 14 2010, 03:08 PM
SocRMum1
Jun 14 2010, 01:47 PM
EJ never called Nicole Nikki when they were a couple. I think he sees nicknames as insulting or demeaning...thus the reason he always calls Samantha by her full name. :)
I don't think EJ see all nicks as insulting but, the way James deliver the "Nikki" dialogue, EJ certainly seems to intend it as an insult to HER specifically... and I also like that EJ is one of the few people in Salem that use Sami's full name. Based on James comments in chat, it was his idea.
I can believe it was James' ideal and yeah Today's eppy was good... You had Sami being strong and missing Rafe. You had good EJ & Nicole stuff and yes EJ's relationship w/ Nicole is closer than what he has with Sami. It may not be sweet love with bluebirds flying over head but it is stronger. They lived together as husband & wife, intimitely. He know her inside and out and all her deep dark secrets... and she knows things about him Sami doesn't. Does this make them the perfect couple? probably not but they are interesting to watch. She knows his buttons and he knows hers. I bet they know every inch of each other.

Stefano made a comment comparing Sami to Alice, do you think EJ wants to be a Tom type, I just don't.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

tomsawyer

I think Baker may be more scared of Rafe. EJ is scary but he's seen Rafe in action.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply