Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bill & Susan Hayes interview (Days insider)
Topic Started: Jun 15 2010, 10:37 AM (1,046 Views)
Ellie

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/insider/2010/06/an-interview-with-bill-and-susan-hayes

An Interview with Bill and Susan Hayes
June 14, 2010 11:40 AM

With the Alice Horton tribute about to air on "Days of our Lives," I wanted to take the time to talk to a few of the actors about what it was like reuniting with some of the returning actors, as well as sharing what viewers can expect from the show in upcoming days. My first interview was with the very talented Susan and Bill Hayes, who play Doug and Julie.

Days Insider: What has it been like reuniting with some of the actors returning to the show?

Susan: It's been wonderful. We had a moment when Ken Corday was on the stage, and he had been watching the scenes being filmed. He's usually not on the set, but this time he was. He begin snapping photos of all of us, and the more photos he took, the more actors gathered around to be in his photos. Ken kind of felt like a dad taking a photo of all his kids. It was a sentimental and emotional moment.

Bill: This whole experience, which has now been 40 years for me is like a family. It may be cliché to say, but it really is a second family. To have all of these actors back for the memorial, it's like seeing some of the closest people in your life. So many wonderful characters back on the show, it was great to see. I love the fact the writers brought them back for this special tribute.

Days Insider: What are fans going to get from this very touching Alice tribute that was filmed for Days?

Susan: I have one key fan that lives next to me and we run into each other about once a week. And she told me she was in tears from just watching the promo. I think it's going to be very satisfying for the viewer. It will be emotional and uplifting. We could not have done it in a more tasteful way than it has been done. We were all very pleased with the final outcome.

Bill: The fans will eat this up. This memorial was done so emotionally and tastefully well. Reminds me of when McDonald Carey passed away and we did a tribute to him and when different characters were talking about Dr. Tom Horton, we really were talking about McDonald. These instances, when the characters are talking about Alice Horton, we, as actors are really talking about Frances Reid. Actors are emotional people, but when you do a show, you work with someone for a few weeks or months, but in daytime, you work with these people for years. I spent 40 years with Frances Reid; you can't help talk about Alice Horton, without thinking Frances. I look forward to seeing the final product on screen. I know they've selected some great older scenes; I just can't wait to see which ones.

Days Insider: You can really see the type of bond you and Kristian have on screen. Are you two just as close off screen?

Bill: There's a strong bond between Kristian and me. She's as close to me as a daughter. I have three daughters and I've always considered Kristian my fourth. In addition, she's an incredible actress. With these recent scenes she's shooting, it hurts to watch. She's so good and to watch her play Hope going through so much pain, it hurts to watch. It pains me as a father to watch what she's going through.

Days Insider: Are you just as close with the cast off the set as you are on the set?

Susan: Kristian Alfonso and Suzanne Rodgers and I are very close. Bill (Hayes) bonded with Kristian almost immediately from day one. The upcoming scenes we have together really show our closeness. Suzanne and I have been shoulder to shoulder on the show for almost 30 years now. We have shared so much in our private life and with the life on the show. We have a very unspoken, deep, sisterly relationship. There is so much mutual respect for one another.

Days Insider: Has there been a memorable storyline you've worked on?

Susan: When my character had her face burned and she divorced Doug because she felt so hideous. I enjoyed those experiences working with Doug as crime solvers. I loved that. It was so much fun.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

irinas17

what i cant understand why didn't they bring back Shawn and Belle

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Awww...I heart Doug and Julie/Bill and Susan.

Thanks for posting!

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Ellie
Jun 15 2010, 10:37 AM
http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/insider/2010/06/an-interview-with-bill-and-susan-hayes

An Interview with Bill and Susan Hayes
June 14, 2010 11:40 AM

With the Alice Horton tribute about to air on "Days of our Lives," I wanted to take the time to talk to a few of the actors about what it was like reuniting with some of the returning actors, as well as sharing what viewers can expect from the show in upcoming days. My first interview was with the very talented Susan and Bill Hayes, who play Doug and Julie.

Days Insider: What has it been like reuniting with some of the actors returning to the show?

Susan: It's been wonderful. We had a moment when Ken Corday was on the stage, and he had been watching the scenes being filmed. He's usually not on the set, but this time he was. He begin snapping photos of all of us, and the more photos he took, the more actors gathered around to be in his photos. Ken kind of felt like a dad taking a photo of all his kids. It was a sentimental and emotional moment.

Bill: This whole experience, which has now been 40 years for me is like a family. It may be cliché to say, but it really is a second family. To have all of these actors back for the memorial, it's like seeing some of the closest people in your life. So many wonderful characters back on the show, it was great to see. I love the fact the writers brought them back for this special tribute.

Days Insider: What are fans going to get from this very touching Alice tribute that was filmed for Days?

Susan: I have one key fan that lives next to me and we run into each other about once a week. And she told me she was in tears from just watching the promo. I think it's going to be very satisfying for the viewer. It will be emotional and uplifting. We could not have done it in a more tasteful way than it has been done. We were all very pleased with the final outcome.

Bill: The fans will eat this up. This memorial was done so emotionally and tastefully well. Reminds me of when McDonald Carey passed away and we did a tribute to him and when different characters were talking about Dr. Tom Horton, we really were talking about McDonald. These instances, when the characters are talking about Alice Horton, we, as actors are really talking about Frances Reid. Actors are emotional people, but when you do a show, you work with someone for a few weeks or months, but in daytime, you work with these people for years. I spent 40 years with Frances Reid; you can't help talk about Alice Horton, without thinking Frances. I look forward to seeing the final product on screen. I know they've selected some great older scenes; I just can't wait to see which ones.

Days Insider: You can really see the type of bond you and Kristian have on screen. Are you two just as close off screen?

Bill: There's a strong bond between Kristian and me. She's as close to me as a daughter. I have three daughters and I've always considered Kristian my fourth. In addition, she's an incredible actress. With these recent scenes she's shooting, it hurts to watch. She's so good and to watch her play Hope going through so much pain, it hurts to watch. It pains me as a father to watch what she's going through.

Days Insider: Are you just as close with the cast off the set as you are on the set?

Susan: Kristian Alfonso and Suzanne Rodgers and I are very close. Bill (Hayes) bonded with Kristian almost immediately from day one. The upcoming scenes we have together really show our closeness. Suzanne and I have been shoulder to shoulder on the show for almost 30 years now. We have shared so much in our private life and with the life on the show. We have a very unspoken, deep, sisterly relationship. There is so much mutual respect for one another.

Days Insider: Has there been a memorable storyline you've worked on?

Susan: When my character had her face burned and she divorced Doug because she felt so hideous. I enjoyed those experiences working with Doug as crime solvers. I loved that. It was so much fun.

Bless them. :D They should be on full time.

AlisonLou

Bill and Susan are a joy to watch on days.
I just wish days was a joy to watch now.
How much more pain must we see Hope go through?
This show is turning into the depressing days of our lives.
I don't know about this Hope story. I'm just not seeing anything good about it right now.
Hopefully that will change.
Do the writers really think people are going to want to tune in to this depressing sl of the summer?
What has happened to love in the afternoon with this show?
I do not like seeing characters reduced to being mentally unstable.
Seriously after the loss of Alice you would think the writers would start writing some happiness into this show.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Susan and Bill helped make Days an icon. Their contribution to Days, and daytime television is way under estimated.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

This is ONE interview I believe, because I was in tears at promos and other scenes already. I absolutely love these two.

lene
Member Avatar

Great interview. Thanks! :)

sungrey

I SO enjoyed those scenes that aired between Julie and Sami and Will and Doug. I know Bill and Susan like to take trips around the world in their spare time, but you need to have these two on more often.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply