Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rumor: David Fumero out at One Life?
Topic Started: Jun 15 2010, 02:46 PM (1,790 Views)
Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Proteus at SOC is saying that negotiations between David Fumero and the execs aren't going well and that it could go either way.

I hope he stays, I like him with Layla, and Tika will most likely get the boot to. :frownie:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

I really couldn't care less if David Fumero leaves OLTL. I think he's a HORRIBLE actor, and he's only effective as eye candy!!! His performances are as wooden and unconvincing today as they were a decade ago when he joined the show.There are MORE than enough hot guys on this show to fill the "void" that he will leave. They need to let him go and find a SUITABLE actor to take his spot. I am sure they could do an open casting call and find at least 200 Hispanic and/or Latino actors who could act CIRCLES around him.

Another case of OLTL holding on to someone or something that has outlived it's usefulness simply because they are afraid to branch out and explore new territory. I find it to be sad!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by alstonboy4315, Jun 15 2010, 03:02 PM.

catsmeouch

I've always liked Cristian, especially with Jessica. I don't want him to leave, but if he does, I hope Layla leaves with him.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

alstonboy4315
Jun 15 2010, 03:01 PM
I really couldn't care less if David Fumero leaves OLTL. I think he's a HORRIBLE actor, and he's only effective as eye candy!!! His performances are as wooden and unconvincing today as they were a decade ago when he joined the show.There are MORE than enough hot guys on this show to fill the "void" that he will leave. They need to let him go and find a SUITABLE actor to take his spot. I am sure they could do an open casting call and find at least 200 Hispanic and/or Latino actors who could act CIRCLES around him.

Another case of OLTL holding on to someone or something that has outlived it's usefulness simply because they are afraid to branch out and explore new territory. I find it to be sad!!!!!!!!!!
I completely agree.

baybeefaat

only liked christian with evangeline...but since she left he can go too.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

I'd only hate it because Layla would be a goner :(

David Fumero should have been gone years ago.

catsmeouch

Wow, all the David Fumero hate is surprising.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I like Fumero and the character of Cristian. However, I doubt the character will ever become a lead like he may have been in the past. Not being paired with characters like Layla. If he does get the boot, Tika Sumpter won't be far behind.

lili
Member Avatar

I so would not miss Cris. He doesn't bother me as much as his brother did but Cris is so bland. I think when the Teen Jess thing flat lined the writing was on the wall.

lene
Member Avatar

Ilike him. He looks horrible tho. He needs to gain weight.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Cris is just a blah character. Wouldn't miss him at all. Although I do think that it would send Tika out though. But then again Cris and Layla aren't the most exciting pair either. The show won't hurt with both one or both gone.

catsmeouch

I'd rather they keep Cristian and put him back together with Jessica. The "teen Jessica" story showed that they're still a good couple worth rooting for. Put Brody in a triangle with Layla and Natalie.

catsmeouch

If I wrote OLTL, I'd bring back Adriana and pair her with Cristian. Then I'd bring back Sarah, but I'd recast her with Erin Torpey and create an Adriana/Cristian/Sarah triangle, perhaps with Layla on the sidelines or with Brody or Shaun.

DOOLFan85

the show continues to cut all their diversity

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

I am all for diversity, but I would much prefer that it came in the form of GOOD Hispanic, Asian, Black and other minority actors. Bad actors of ANY race are a detriment to their shows, not an asset................
Edited by alstonboy4315, Jun 18 2010, 09:14 PM.

missor88

I love him, and I think he's a core character I would be sad to lose, especially in the face of all the newbie.

That being said, I haven't cared about Cristian storyline since the day of Cris and Natalie. And OH how I cared back then. Not to mention Jen and Jessica. Sigh. I've never understood why they messed around with so many dull and relatively low-buzzed love stories with Cris, Natalie AND John, when they could have just revisited that great triangle.

Frankly, I think the Cristian character lost a lot with the way they ignore his past. It's like all the depth and emotion that made him special was wiped out, when they just had him seemingly forget this entire life he once had with these women. It's hard to see him recover from that, since they so painfully mucked up revisiting anything with Jessica and even Natalie, for the most part. I can understand why they would cut him loose. Still.... sucks for us fans of the history.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Well the way I see it... if they aren't going to give these people any kind of decent sl then why keep them around :shrug:

Then again I am bias and don't really care for the character... I am sure if it was a character I liked I would be pissed lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply