Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Clark, Critchlow, and Pease back on DAYS; June 29th issue; article tidbits
Topic Started: Jun 17 2010, 01:29 PM (2,686 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

-Christie says that Sami and Carrie have so much history that she didn’t have to think about it much, but she was a little nervous in her scenes with Roark.

-Christie is pregnant with her second daughter and is due in September, so she’s isn’t in a position to return to acting full time right now. But she says, “I dream about it all the time. I’ve got a pretty comfortable life up here, but it’s always in the back of my mind. And DAYS is the best job in the world, especially if you’re a mother. It’s a killer gig.”

-Roark is working on “Pretty Little Liars” and “V”. He had a scheduling conflict that precluded him from being in the funeral scenes for Alice, so he shows up at University Hospital as a patient. Roark says, “I thought it was very generous and considerate for them to still want to have Mike come in and be a part of it. I was grateful.”

-Roark shot three shows in one day. “It was a whirlwind," he says. He crosses paths with Jennifer, Lexie, and Carrie. “The notes say that Mike and Carrie find a little bit of closure, but I actually thought we had a lot of sexual tension,” says Roark. He does get to memorialize Alice. “Mike gets a little plaque that the hospital dedicates to Alice and I get to ‘chat’ with her a little bit like, ‘Hey, I’m sorry that I didn’t get to say good-bye to you, but you’ll always be with me, teaching me, showing me.’ It was an entirely satisfying day.”

-Patsy was elated to return. She says, “It was scary, though, too, because it has changed! I felt like I had been put in a speed blender and shot back out into the parking lot.” She hasn’t seen Charles Shaughnessy in 18 years, but it seemed like it was yesterday. “It was amazing. It was like blowing off cobwebs and getting things started again. I just have to be one of the most fortunate actresses in Hollywood.”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Jun 17 2010, 01:29 PM
-Roark shot three shows in one day. “It was a whirlwind”, he says. He crosses paths with Jennifer, Lexie, and Carrie. “The notes say that Mike and Carrie find a little bit of closure, but I actually thought we had a lot of sexual tension,” says Roark.
That's funny, since they never had any back when their characters were supposed to be lovers. Though they did have a teensy bit more chem than Lucas and Carrie, but then, who doesn't?

Patsy hadn't seen Charles in 18 years? That struck me as interesting for some reason.

Thanks for posting!

Keith
Member Avatar

Ugh, they should have just got Weiss back. One Mike had a scheduling difficult? So, pick another one! Idiots.

Interesting that Christie is the only one who brought up a full-time return. Obviously Roark is busy, but what about Patsy?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I hope to one day see Clark back at DAYS full time, and I hope it's more successful than her last return.

I'm impressed that the show felt it was that important to have Mike back for the tribute that they came up with a clever way to have him back in Salem around his family without being at the funeral. I'm glad there will be some closure between Mike and Carrie. From the sounds of things, it doesn't sound like they're together, which was speculated, so that should settle the Austin and Carrie fans' worries.

I'm excited to see Kimberly again now that Pease's face has settled again.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jun 17 2010, 01:29 PM
-Christie is pregnant with her second daughter and is due in September, so she’s isn’t in a position to return to acting full time right now. But she says, “I dream about it all the time. I’ve got a pretty comfortable life up here, but it’s always in the back of my mind. And DAYS is the best job in the world, especially if you’re a mother. It’s a killer gig.”
Oh Christie, please come back full-time! Carrie is so needed in Salem.

Thank Angie!

KMan101
Member Avatar

That was a weird statement from Christie. Sounds like an approach to return more long-term, or maybe I'm just reading into it?

I'm glad they found a way to include Mike, regardless. That was nice.

And Patsy sounds thrilled to be back and given something substantial to do (the reunion with Shane).

catsmeouch

I don't really feel that Carrie and Mike need any closure, but whatever. As long as it means Carrie and Austin are still together and happy. Maybe Christie will return sometime in 2011 when her new baby's a bit older.

Mason
Member Avatar

My only fear about Carrie returning permanently is that she would just turn into a cheerleader for Sami. And you know this show would do that, too.

catsmeouch

Or worse, they'd have Carrie plot to break up Sami and Rafe or Sami and EJ or Sami and whoever her Fuck of the Month is.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

catsmeouch
Jun 17 2010, 04:46 PM
Or worse, they'd have Carrie plot to break up Sami and Rafe or Sami and EJ or Sami and whoever her Fuck of the Month is.

you too much optimistic
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

I think it's nice they are giving Mike/Carrie closure. They did exit the show together in 1999 and were pushed hard as a couple for quite a while before they left. Necessary ... probably not but still nice it's being closed officially, and it takes Carrie out of Sami's orbit for a few scenes.

catsmeouch

I really feel like Carrie's marriage to AUSTIN provided enough closure for Mike. :D

Keith
Member Avatar

If they were determined to have Roark be the Mike they brought back, closure to the Mike/Carrie relationship is the only good thing to come out of it, unless he shares any decent scenes with 90s Laura. That SL was his only significant presence during his years on the show.

Daysfan2202

I can't wait to see Carrie and Mike scenes again and I think its nice that they are doing a closure for them.

soapfan1

I hope Christie does return full time in the future.I'm glad that Carrie and Mike are sharing some scenes to give them final closure on screen.I liked them together back in the day.

I am also looking forward to the Shane and Kimberly scenes.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

They are really using this death/funeral quite well- smart to wrap up, or at least address, some of this little stuff.

As much as I think I want Carrie back I hated the last go 'round so...I dunno. Does she have a place with Sami the way she is right now?

catsmeouch

Carrie would have a place on the show if they stopped trying to portray Sami as a heroine and restored her to her evil roots.

BradyB

Id love to see Carrie and Kim back in Salem.

Kali
Member Avatar

No offense to Christie Clark, who seems like a very lovely person, but I hate Carrie with the heat of a thousand suns and I would be very unhappy to see that self-righteous, sanctimonious, hypocritical, arrogant character return. Of course, if she did, I"m sure Rafe would fall in love with her since they are really perfectly matched.

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

Kali
Jun 18 2010, 04:50 AM
No offense to Christie Clark, who seems like a very lovely person, but I hate Carrie with the heat of a thousand suns and I would be very unhappy to see that self-righteous, sanctimonious, hypocritical, arrogant character return. Of course, if she did, I"m sure Rafe would fall in love with her since they are really perfectly matched.
LOL! My thoughts exactly!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply