Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD:A Time To Mourn; June 29th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jun 17 2010, 03:47 PM (3,798 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

The week begins with Lucas’ return to Salem. He brings Allie to see her great-grandmother, who has taken a turn for the worse. Meanwhile, Alice’s trademark doughnuts are being baked in the kitchen, and Melissa & Jennifer work on a family scrapbook.

At the hospital, Lexie is stunned to see Mike Horton, who came into town to see Alice, but got in a car accident on the way home. Maggie then delivers the grim news to everyone that Alice has died.

A devastated Hope breaks down to Doug. “Hope is very upset at the thought that Bo and Hope aren’t together and that’s what Alice is going to remember, “ explains Kristian. “Family is everything to Gran and you don’t just walk away without a fight.” Doug assures his daughter that Alice always held out hope that the Bradys would reconcile.

The town gathers for a graveside memorial, where Alice’s nearest and dearest get a chance to remember her. “It’s not a typical church setup; they simulate an outside set,” reports Bryan Dattilo. “We’re not all at a podium giving our speeches about Alice Horton. I thought that’s what was going to be and it’s not. I think it is a great way they put it together. They gave me a nice, little speech. Kudos to the writers of DAYS for their brilliant honoring of Frances Reid. I was happy to be there.” Melissa Reeves adds, “It will be great for the fans because they weren’t at the memorial at NBC; they didn’t really get to see all the memories of her.” Kristian Alfonso praises, “The writers did a really beautiful job and captured what each character meant to Gran.”

After the funeral, Kim makes a startling discovery in the crowd – Shane. “It’s a classic moment,“ says Patsy Pease. “She has been asking about him, she wanted him to be there in the hospital when she had leukemia, she listened for his footsteps. She never stopped loving him, but the last thing she wants to tell him is how much she has needed him.”

As for one of Salem’s other favorite pairs, “Hope and Bo have a little bit of a tender moment at the gravesite and she asks if he’ll come back to the house, “ previews Kristian. “She says, ‘Gran would have wanted that.’ And he comes back without Carly – because there is no place for Carly right now. And then Hope overhears Bo talking to Abe and Roman about taking over the case, which, of course, ignites Hope’s fury. It drives that wedge between them again.”

And then the lights go out in the Horton home. “After coming back downstairs, Hope’s the only one left in the house, “ says Kristian. “Gary Tomlin said to me, ‘It’s probably the last time we’ll see the Horton house,’ so he had me walk thought the living room and take it all in, the moments that were shared there when Hope was just a little girl and all the advice and laughter. And then I walk out the door. It’s very sad to think that it would be the last time, but how could we ever be there without Frances?”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This all sounds so good! The bullshit with Hope being upset about Bo wanting to take over the case sucks though.

The ending with Hope in the Horton house sounds so sad. :(

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

oh the last part sounds yummy

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I don't think they should get rid of the Horton house. Tomlin obviously not recognize how important that set is. I will never forgive him for this.

Kenny
Member Avatar

This sounds fantastic.

The part with Hope walking through the Horton house and turning out the lights for the last time reminds me of AW's final scene. I'll probably cry my eyes out.

Yay for Kim and Shane getting a substantial mention.

It's really going to suck when all these characters leave town again.

Thanks Angie!

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

:'(

aimees76
Member Avatar

Wow. I have chills just thinking about all of it. I hope it plays out as good as it sounds.

Taelyn

Why lose the Set ? Hope has noplace to go and is living with Victor for gods sake. Why cant she move into Grans house? THAT would make the most sense, except ofcourse that she and Bo are going to reunite.. But then after carly lived in her house and slept in her bed Id just as soon have Bo move in with her and Ciara.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Wow, this sounds pretty good and I am going to be very, very sad to see the Horton house for the last time, but without Alice it wouldn't feel right. I wonder if the Horton Christmas balls will fall to Maggie, I hope so.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Taelyn
Jun 17 2010, 04:43 PM
Why lose the Set ? Hope has noplace to go and is living with Victor for gods sake. Why cant she move into Grans house? THAT would make the most sense, except ofcourse that she and Bo are going to reunite.. But then after carly lived in her house and slept in her bed Id just as soon have Bo move in with her and Ciara.
I can see both sides of it. I agree with everything you've said...but based on KA's comments I wonder if the actors feel it would seem empty to be using that set without Frances Reid.

This all sounds wonderful. And reading about that last scene with Hope being the last one to leave the house put a big, huge lump in my throat. I know I won't get through it without bawling my eyes out. :'(

catsmeouch

I think it would feel natural for any Horton to live in the Horton house: Julie, Doug, Hope, Jennifer, Maggie, even Nathan. It's a shame the producers don't feel the same way.

~bl~
Member Avatar

I think that's sad we won't see the Horton house set, but at least it is happening in a way that makes some sense. Then again they could have Julie and Doug live there and we just don't see them on the set, but we are told they do.

Kim and Shane stuff sounds good.

I agree what will be on Days once everyone is gone again...

Morganarose

Wow! These sound so fantastic and so sad. I already have a tear in my eye. All the actors have praised how the whole thing was handled and so I hope that we fans will be as happy with the results. Sounds as a great tribute to a wonderful lady and legend character.

Keith
Member Avatar

I definitely feel that saying goodbye to the Horton house is going to be one of the hardest hitting moments on the show in years. I agree to an extent with Kristian about using the set without Frances ever being there. Working on the show and knowing she'll never be around again may be difficult enough. There are definite story reasons to keep the set, but between the business reason previous cited and the emotional relationship it has, it makes a little sense to put it to rest just like with Alice. I would love if the house was still mentioned and just not seen, though. The family would never sell it, I don't think.

I'm of course looking forward greatly to the Kim/Shane stuff. What I wouldn't give for them to stay around for a bit. Patsy and Charles are such magic and scene stealers. The way they described Kim looking for him, but never wanting to admit she needs him--it's so very Kimberly.

Meanwhile, is this show obsessed with leukemia or what? Addie, Chloe, now Kim.

I love trhe thought of Melissa and Jennifer scrapbooking together. I hope that Hope shares scenes with the two of them together, too.

Edited by Keith, Jun 17 2010, 05:49 PM.

DOOLFan85

And he comes back without Carly - because there is no place for Carly right now.
This sounds like the beginning of RIP to Bo and Carly as most would had suspected.

As for the Horton house what a shame they won't let Hope inherit it. :hmmph:

Everything else sounds good. :biggrin:
Edited by DOOLFan85, Jun 17 2010, 06:10 PM.

AlisonLou

Angie79
Jun 17 2010, 03:53 PM
This all sounds so good! The bullshit with Hope being upset about Bo wanting to take over the case sucks though.

The ending with Hope in the Horton house sounds so sad. :(
It sounds great but the whole Hope being upset about Bo wanting to take over the case is stupid and disrespectful.
This is supposed to be about Alice and instead they seem to be putting the focus on a stupid case.
For this one episode couldn't it have been about Alice and not the other stories?
Edited by AlisonLou, Jun 17 2010, 06:26 PM.

soapfan1

I wish all of those returned characters could stay longer.It's so sad that the Horton house won't be used anymore.I wish some of the other Horton's could have moved into it.

catsmeouch

DOOLFan85
Jun 17 2010, 06:08 PM
And he comes back without Carly - because there is no place for Carly right now.
This sounds like the beginning of RIP to Bo and Carly as most would had suspected.
Carly's best romantic partner was always Lawrence. It's a shame they killed him off and turned her into Billie 5.0.

BradyB

It is so sad that this could be the last time we see the house!! I can not wait to see Kim and Shane together on screen again!!

MarvinPepper
Member Avatar

This sounds like it's going to be a wonderful tribute to Alice, but so very sad. I know I'll be in tears for most of it, especially when Hope walks through the house for the last time. I'm going to miss all these Hortons and Bradys when they leave town. It's felt like the Days I used to know and love for so long, with them around.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply