Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD:A Time To Mourn; June 29th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jun 17 2010, 03:47 PM (3,841 Views)
FanODays

Why must Hope make everything about her?

Sigh........I used to love that character so much but now she's like nails on a chalkboard.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bohope80s
Member Avatar

Okay there NEVER was a place for Carly - at least not with Bo!!! or Hope's house!

Anyway it is sad that Hope can't inherit the house, seems stupid to living Victors but we all know this was done to save money on sets. I believe Dena said a while back that the horton living room set was built the old way and takes up alot of space...whatever!!!

Some of the returning characters DEFINITELY need to stay, without them the show is all about Sami and I know there are some Sami fans, but seriously all of salem does NOT revolve around Sami Brady!!! (can't stand her!)

Hope has always been all about herself, don't get me wrong I LOVE her and always will but she has always been that way even in the beginning in 1983!

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

Some of the returning characters DEFINITELY need to stay, without them the show is all about Sami and I know there are some Sami fans, but seriously all of salem does NOT revolve around Sami Brady!!! (can't stand her!)

:cheer: Agreed! I would love for some of the oldies to return and actually create some new drama for the show. I hate that Sami was giving the spotlight during her talk with Julie. It's not about Sami. It's about Hope, Jennifer, and the other Hortons. Who cares about Sami's screwed up lovelife?

catsmeouch

Are all the returning characters gone by June 30?

dooldooldool

catsmeouch
Jun 18 2010, 02:50 PM
Are all the returning characters gone by June 30?
It sure seems like that is the plan. The Wimbledon break happens on July 1+2 and that would have been a "natural" break in the crazy warped minds of the producers. The presidential preemption hosed that up, since the original June 30 show will now air on the federal holiday of July 5.

We have not seen or heard many casting announcements post-memorial. In fact, it seems like the show has been noticeably quiet with publicity about anything beyond Alice (which actually seems rather respectful).

We know they film nearly two months in advance, so the July+August episodes are likely completed. Taping for September probably starts in mid-July and we may hear about more recurring appearances.

Blazin_Blue

catsmeouch
Jun 17 2010, 09:07 PM
DOOLFan85
Jun 17 2010, 06:08 PM
And he comes back without Carly - because there is no place for Carly right now.
This sounds like the beginning of RIP to Bo and Carly as most would had suspected.
Carly's best romantic partner was always Lawrence. It's a shame they killed him off and turned her into Billie 5.0.
Nope, Bo's Carly's most romantic partner ever. How can Lawrence's torture (both in the 90s and recently) of Carly be romantic? I cheered when she gutted him. I know they bring people back all the time, but I really hope he stays dead.

Also, Carly's nothing like Billie. Billie desperately tried to hold on to Bo and was shocked when he left her. Carly's made it clear from day one that she knows Bo wouldn't be himself if he didn't love Hope and encouraged him to work things out with her. She won't be shocked. And I won't be shocked if she's the one to break things off with him.

And this "no place for Carly" stuff is bull. This is a time for all who loved Alice and all whom Alice loved to remember and mourn her. Carly is one of those people. Alice adored Carly and I don't think she would approve of everyone's judgment of her (just like Bill said about judging Kate). Like others have said, they shouldn't be focusing on other stories during the Alice sl. Put other issues aside and let EVERYONE share their memories of her. The way the writers have been making Carly out to be some Salem outcast (a total 180) is ridiculous and they're defeating the whole purpose of bringing Crystal back (especially on a 2 yr contract) in the first place. I hope they have bigger plans for Carly. Making all the Salem haters eat their words would be a good start.
Edited by Blazin_Blue, Jun 18 2010, 09:06 PM.

CynthiaHaskins1

Hi!,I am sorry to say this but i have to disagree with you carly has no business been at the alice horton memorial service.and i am glad she is staying away.
Edited by CynthiaHaskins1, Jun 18 2010, 09:28 PM.

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

Yeah, the WORST thing that DAYS could do would be to distract from this funeral by undercutting these scenes with other TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE scenes of Hope scowling at Carly or Carly scowling at Hope. They need to make this ALL about Alice, and not about secondary plots or rivalries. Anyone who doesn't need to be there should not be included. That includes all these disposable new characters. I hope that the writers understand that.

BradyB

I like how the returning characters have been able to fit right into the stories in Salem. It just goes to show you that they are needed fulltime or at least recurring.

catsmeouch

Melissa should move back to Salem in light of Mickey's death and Nathan living in town, and then they should reveal Nathan's father is Pete Jannings.

JackN'Jen
Member Avatar

It's going to be heart wrenching when everyone is saying what Alice meant to them, and Hope being the last one in the house... :'(

I don't get why they all of them have to leave, just get rid of all these new boring characters and bring back the ones that made Days so amazing...even if it's just one or two of them!

thepawn
Member Avatar

Carly and Alice have good history. They were friends, and that should not render Carly irrelevant.

Flashback...

Carly helps Alice

(beware of poor audio)

dooldooldool

catsmeouch
Jun 19 2010, 11:21 AM
Melissa should move back to Salem in light of Mickey's death and Nathan living in town, and then they should reveal Nathan's father is Pete Jannings.
Yup, even better would be that Melissa adopted the baby of Pete+Ivy Jannings. Little Charlie was born on-screen and lived with his mom Ivy in the Kiriakis Guest House back in the mid- to late-80s.

Very easy to explain that the Jannings reconciled off-screen or died (well, we know that no one is truly dead in Salem USA). Given Melissa's history of being adopted herself (and Maggie's endless examples of raising others as part of her family: Janice, Melissa), it would make perfect sense that off-screen Melissa would take in a young orphaned/abandoned boy and tell him all these wonderful stores about "The Hortons", so much so that the young boy insisted on becoming a "Horton" by changing his legal name from Charlie Nathan Jannings to simply Nathan Horton.

Explains everything. Logical and realistic.

So in other words, no chance DOOL will do it.
Edited by dooldooldool, Jun 19 2010, 05:19 PM.

catsmeouch

dooldooldool
Jun 19 2010, 05:19 PM
catsmeouch
Jun 19 2010, 11:21 AM
Yup, even better would be that Melissa adopted the baby of Pete+Ivy Jannings. Little Charlie was born on-screen and lived with his mom Ivy in the Kiriakis Guest House back in the mid- to late-80s.

Very easy to explain that the Jannings reconciled off-screen or died (well, we know that no one is truly dead in Salem USA). Given Melissa's history of being adopted herself (and Maggie's endless examples of raising others as part of her family: Janice, Melissa), it would make perfect sense that off-screen Melissa would take in a young orphaned/abandoned boy and tell him all these wonderful stores about "The Hortons", so much so that the young boy insisted on becoming a "Horton" by changing his legal name from Charlie Nathan Jannings to simply Nathan Horton.

Explains everything. Logical and realistic.

So in other words, no chance DOOL will do it.
...........except Nathan is the child Melissa was pregnant with when she returned for Bo and Hope's botched wedding in November 1996.

Morganarose

I can't wait for the next week to begin and to watch the Horton family bonding at such a sad time. Love the way they are handling the passing of the character and tribute to this fabulous character. I hope it is as good as the actors say it is.

dylan76
Member Avatar

thepawn
Jun 19 2010, 01:48 PM
Carly and Alice have good history. They were friends, and that should not render Carly irrelevant.

Flashback...

Carly helps Alice

(beware of poor audio)
I totally agree. Carly saved Alice's life & the two were friends. I hate how Carly is the town pariah this time around when nearly everyone was friends with her during her first stint in Salem. Carly should be at the funeral.

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

Carly would be at the funeral if she wasn't sleeping with a married man. I think in this instance, she's doing the right thing by staying away. It wouldn't be right, as Hope is Alice's grand daughter for her to be there.

ivy

We won't see the Horton house again? Lord, the reality of all this just hit me.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I just saw tomorrows preview. Gran don't go :'(

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

:frownie: I completely bawled actually hearing the words out of Maggie's mouth today. Even though I knew, just hearing it is just too hard to handle.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply