Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD James Scott Emmy Nomination Comment
Topic Started: Jun 18 2010, 11:52 PM (4,437 Views)
crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Ok... Hopefully I'm doing this right. I read it in the new SOD and got a great laugh. Trust me you'll feel like crying and then in the end laughing. BTW, if you are from Las Vegas, stop reading now, haha.

Outstanding Lead Actor

James Scott
(EJ, Days)

How did you find out you were nominated?
"Well, my dog died on the day of the Emmy announcements. So, I found out by e-mail when I woke up sometime around 8:30, 9 a. m. in the morning. I was at the vet until 5 in the morning. When I came home, I went to sleep."
How does it feel?
"To me, it feels like something is not quite right to have my name next to the other four."
What did you submit?
"I submitted the scene where EJ was in the funeral home and Sami punched him in the face, and then he cried over a china doll."
Do you know the work of your competition?
"I know of them, but I do not know their work. I recognize one of the people from Y&R because I think he's been nominated a lot of times. The guy from AS THE WORLD TURNS had some scenes with Julie Pinson. I judged Supporting Actress, and he was in the scenes she submitted and he was really good. I thought he was wonderful. The other two actors I'm not familiar with."
Are you looking forward to the Emmys being in Las Vegas?
"No, I absolutely hate Las Vegas. That would have been the only good thing about not being nominated. I think I would rather crawl through glass naked in the slums of Calcutta than go to Las Vegas"

Note-- I'm not picking on James Scott, I read the last part to my spouse and could barely stop from falling apart in laughter (what a picture he painted). And he lost his dog, oh poor guy, I bet Ali & Galen sure felt for him-- I don't know about the other fellow actors of his but I know both of them are dog owners. Of course, anyone who's lost a pet would definitely feel for him, I have so I do.

Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

James cracks me up. :lol:

Thanks for posting!
Offline Profile Goto Top

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

I am sure that Las Vegas finds him to be equally as RIDICULOUS---especially if they have seen his reel submission. Just sayin.....LOL!!!!

What, James?? Did I offend you?????

"Something is not right to have my name submitted next to the other four?" I am getting my hat and walking FAR, FAR away from that statement!!!!!! It's too early in the morning for me to get mean and surly!!!!!! Someone else, please feel free to take over where I leave off.................................. :wave:
Edited by alstonboy4315, Jun 19 2010, 05:05 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TINA222
Member Avatar

I dont think James is into all that stuff. he isnt a famwhore who grabs attention anywhere he can get it. Like someone else. He would rather stay home with his dogs. I think that is very sweet. he just doesnt give a crap about that other stuff. its refreshing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

James does not care about the media attention, he mentioned that several times. I don`t blame the guy, at least he is not cocky about being nominated like some actors.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TINA222
Member Avatar

Didnt his dog die like right before he found out? How awful. Im sure Vegas didnt seem to exciting or fun after having to deal with that. Going from my dog had cancer and I had to put her to sleep? Too woooo hooo Vegas? Poor James. he talked about his dogs all the time in interviews. Having to put a dog down is painful. :'(
Offline Profile Goto Top

vinnmerc
Member Avatar

TINA222
Jun 19 2010, 08:56 AM
I dont think James is into all that stuff. he isnt a famwhore who grabs attention anywhere he can get it. Like someone else. He would rather stay home with his dogs. I think that is very sweet. he just doesnt give a crap about that other stuff. its refreshing.
Good Post! .He is an individual for sure and British.I think I admire what he does on and off the screen .He has a lot of charity foundations he is affiliated with.Just not your typical " famwhore".I like him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

alwaysEJ
Member Avatar

TINA222
Jun 19 2010, 08:56 AM
I agree. He has said before that living in L.A. isn't his cup of tea either.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Cut him some slack, he's dog died so he probably wasn't in the best of moods. Anyway, he didn't say anything that was all that awful. I'm sure Vegas will still keep on ticking just fine w/out JS' endorsement.
Offline Profile Goto Top

alwaysEJ
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Jun 19 2010, 12:05 PM
Cut him some slack, he's dog died so he probably wasn't in the best of moods. Anyway, he didn't say anything that was all that awful. I'm sure Vegas will still keep on ticking just fine w/out JS' endorsement.
Actually the president - yes of the United States - has made far more disparaging comments about Vegas lately :o
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

TINA222
Jun 19 2010, 09:35 AM
Didnt his dog die like right before he found out? How awful. Im sure Vegas didnt seem to exciting or fun after having to deal with that. Going from my dog had cancer and I had to put her to sleep? Too woooo hooo Vegas? Poor James. he talked about his dogs all the time in interviews. Having to put a dog down is painful. :'(
I agree. No doubt having his dog pass away has put the nomination and everything surrounding it in a completely different light. Lots of folks hate the cheesetastic feel of Vegas...other folks love it. To each their own. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

I can imagine he did read the e-mail after 3 to 4 hrs sleep & think who gives a rat's ass. But him crawling naked sounds interesting, my brother lives in Las Vegas, I would think it's more of the fan fare of Vegas. I mean from what I read he prefers the country side, Vegas is a bit wild for a guy that prefers serenity.

When he said that he woke up at 8 or 9:30 I felt like saying why?? He should have stayed in bed, he had a hell of a night he deserved the rest.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daisy132

crookedhalo
Jun 19 2010, 04:09 PM
I can imagine he did read the e-mail after 3 to 4 hrs sleep & think who gives a rat's ass. But him crawling naked sounds interesting, my brother lives in Las Vegas, I would think it's more of the fan fare of Vegas. I mean from what I read he prefers the country side, Vegas is a bit wild for a guy that prefers serenity.

When he said that he woke up at 8 or 9:30 I felt like saying why?? He should have stayed in bed, he had a hell of a night he deserved the rest.
Wow... What has James personally done to you, I wonder? LOL I hope he wins that award. He deserves it. He certainly causes all sorts of emotions in the GA.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

daisy132
Jun 19 2010, 05:19 PM
crookedhalo

Wow... What has James personally done to you, I wonder? LOL I hope he wins that award. He deserves it. He certainly causes all sorts of emotions in the GA.
I didn't think that post was bashing him. I thought that was a reference to him being bummed about his dog so the emmy nomination not seeming like such a big deal, and maybe he'd rather sleep at that point.
Offline Profile Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 19 2010, 05:23 PM
daisy132
crookedhalo

I didn't think that post was bashing him. I thought that was a reference to him being bummed about his dog so the emmy nomination not seeming like such a big deal, and maybe he'd rather sleep at that point.
Wait, I was suppose to be bashing?? Good Gosh no, I feel sorry for the guy man his pet just died. I mean you know he must not have gotten much sleep poor thing. I could only imagine he was so depressed, specially if he had the dog for a while. Made me want to find him and give him a big hug. I do think he deserves it "ducks while fellow Safe fans throw thiings." But maybe not for the scene he put in, my favorite was when he was told and he shook from pure heart break made me want to applaud shoot it made me shake. He was very good.

And the serene life I love reading about that you could almost imagine him riding a horse on a warm country estate. The crawling naked, intrigued me, & seriously I'm disturbed by that because I don't find him that good looking.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daisy132

crookedhalo
Jun 19 2010, 05:37 PM
lysie
daisy132

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Wait, I was suppose to be bashing?? Good Gosh no, I feel sorry for the guy man his pet just died. I mean you know he must not have gotten much sleep poor thing. I could only imagine he was so depressed, specially if he had the dog for a while. Made me want to find him and give him a big hug. I do think he deserves it "ducks while fellow Safe fans throw thiings." But maybe not for the scene he put in, my favorite was when he was told and he shook from pure heart break made me want to applaud shoot it made me shake. He was very good.

And the serene life I love reading about that you could almost imagine him riding a horse on a warm country estate. The crawling naked, intrigued me, & seriously I'm disturbed by that because I don't find him that good looking.
Ok, sorry... I'm used to the negative posts. ;) Gary Tomlin chose his scene, and James hasn't watch it. That worries me, because I don't think that Tomlin has his best interest at heart. His interest is in another actor. I thought that James' best scene was in the appartment with Sami. The scene at the morgue was good, but not the best IMO. Oh well, we'll see what happens. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

daisy132
Jun 19 2010, 05:52 PM
crookedhalo
lysie

Ok, sorry... I'm used to the negative posts. ;) Gary Tomlin chose his scene, and James hasn't watch it. That worries me, because I don't think that Tomlin has his best interest at heart. His interest is in another actor. I thought that James' best scene was in the appartment with Sami. The scene at the morgue was good, but not the best IMO. Oh well, we'll see what happens. :shrug:
But what I don't get is that he says he doesn't know what in the MF article but is able to mention it in this article...

I'm confused. :peek:
Edited by Ally, Jun 19 2010, 05:58 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daisy132

Ally
Jun 19 2010, 05:57 PM
daisy132
crookedhalo

But what I don't get is that he says he doesn't know what in the MF article but is able to mention it in this article...

I'm confused. :peek:
He was told which scene was chosen, ge was given the disk to watch it, but James refused to. He doesn't want to watch his scenes because he's very critical of himself.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

daisy132
crookedhalo
lysie

I don't think that's the issue the boards have made it into. GG didn't even get a pre-nomination, so Tomlin isn't looking out for him too much.
Offline Profile Goto Top

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

James Scott is NOT gonna win for those over-the-top morgue scenes. It was little more than scenery chewing. Besides, Allison Sweeney stole his thunder in those scenes. She was FAR more interesting than he was, and held my interest more so than he did. Never a good idea to have your acting partner upstage you if you hope to win an Emmy. He should have submitted THIS episode.........this episode is what convinced me that James Scott is a good actor, and not just a supremely tall hair model with a charming accent. If he had submitted these episodes, he might have a chance. Maybe James Scott doesn't care if he wins or not, but Gary Tomlin needs his ass beat for submitting those crazy morgue scenes to the Academy on James' behalf. I guess Tomlin's not used to winning Emmys, so he doesn't really know that Emmy voters frown upon overly melodramatic set gnawing!!!! Just ask Susan Lucci.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VAIYEeTbz4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfrnRlHbf74&feature=related

BTW: I have NOTHING against James Scott. I think he's cute and charming, and I wish he were my baby daddy!!! ;)
Edited by alstonboy4315, Jun 19 2010, 06:12 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic