Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bryan Dattilo On Frances Reid (Sony article)
Topic Started: Jun 22 2010, 11:51 AM (2,310 Views)
dntdropthesoap
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 22 2010, 12:54 PM
Aliaron
Jun 22 2010, 12:53 PM
Funny. I didn't think this article had anything controversial in it. I thought it was nice.
Me too...I think it's nice and to the point....frankly very sincere and tells what we've all been saying on this board and others....he sees what we've all seen.
I thought it was sincere as well, but hey, I'm interested that he thinks the show is different than it was before. I know Suzanne Rogers is thrilled right now lol Generally, if your character is on the show and frontburner, you're happy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Good interview.

Since we now know Bryan watches Days, how can we get him to become a member of this board?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

JANALH
Jun 22 2010, 01:26 PM
Good interview.

Since we now know Bryan watches Days, how can we get him to become a member of this board?
I think his posts will be priceless if he ever joins...I'd live for that day...

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

If he did join, how would we know it's really him and not some random imposter???

Alligato
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Jun 22 2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks to Frances's direction and advice, Bryan certainly grew as an actor. And that helped him in his return as Lucas for Alice's funeral. "It's always fun to be dramatic," Bryan told us, "to see how far you can go with it without going too far. I think that's the tough thing with scenes like that. Obviously, you have the emotion there, but my mistake in the past, I think, has been just playing the emotion too raw and not having composure. It's fun to watch someone go through an emotional experience but you don't want someone to overdo it to the point where it ruins the validity of the scene. So I tried to do that."

Oh Bryan! I am so happy to hear that you still watch the show! I just says "respect" to me, to watch the show that is/was your means, to be interested in it, to just be knowledgable about what is going on...and most importantly, it says that you actually like it.
I love it!
If DR could somehow invite BD to be on the board, I would so love to hear his take on the show.

And I appreciate how he was able to watch himself on screen, see how he would over do it, especially in the dramatic scenes, and work on it to make it better. I respect that as an actor!

I also loved hearing about Alice...back then, you could just tell that BD was a ball full of energy so to have Frances try to calm him down and get his stuff right is lovely to hear. She really sounds like a wonderful woman to work with!

Miss ya, BD! Hope you get a break soon!

Mayholidays

Man everytime I read another interview with Bryan it just makes me love him more :wub: I really wish that TPTB would admit their mistake and hire him back he BELONGS on Days :headbang: :redface: I really miss him boy just give me 5 mins with the bastard who decided to let him go :fight:

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I cannot believe I am about to this, but I really do miss Byran. Lucas was not my favorite at all, but he was much more intereting than Rafe, he had so much potential.

I honestly hope that Byran turns down the offer if they offer him a contract, because he should do start his own sitcome,he is hysterical. I don`t want to see Corday promise him one thing, but fail to go through it.

I wish Byran all the blessings, he was a great actor.

dntdropthesoap
Member Avatar

Of all the returns so far, it really does feel like Lucas and Jennifer just belong on the show. Lucas has many connections, and even though I wasn't fan of Sami and Lucas once they got together, the characters have so much history together. One question though. Did DAYS write out Bryan or did they just not renew his contract? Had they wanted him to stay on, on a non contract basis?

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

dntdropthesoap
Jun 22 2010, 04:59 PM
Of all the returns so far, it really does feel like Lucas and Jennifer just belong on the show. Lucas has many connections, and even though I wasn't fan of Sami and Lucas once they got together, the characters have so much history together. One question though. Did DAYS write out Bryan or did they just not renew his contract? Had they wanted him to stay on, on a non contract basis?
I think they did not renew his contract, I highly doubt they wrote him out.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I didn't realize how much I've missed Lucas until I saw him yesterday. I was much more thrilled to see him than I'd expected! They need to bring him back and give him a real story--but please keep him out of Sami's orbit unless they're just friends. She ruins him when they're together and he becomes whiny and pathetic. I like him on his own, though. He's definitely a needed presence in Salem.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 22 2010, 11:57 AM
So Bryan watches the show...we need to get his commentary on it. Why on earth is that what I took away from this interview?
That was the same thing I took away from the interview....maybe we could solicit his participation on the board, I bet it would be colorful

Days4Life

Another lovely article and tribute to Frances. I loved Bryan's stories, and I'll bet those two had a lot of fun together. It was wonderful how she would take the younger actors she worked with under her wing and try to help them become better actors. And I'm very glad Bryan has recognized that he needed to work on having some control in his dramatic scenes because my biggest problem with the character of Lucas was how he would scream and yell and rant and rave...like Bryan said, sometimes less is more.

sungrey

By the way, dntdropthesoap, I loooooove your avatar. What the hell ever happened to Sherilyn Wolter?

I miss Bryan on Days. Even if they didn't re-pair Lucas and Sami, I still miss his connection to the show. As a Horton, I'd love to see him on the canvas. Of course, my first choice is and always will be Lumi, but I'm enjoying a little Safe.

As for his comments, I think he sees the same thing we do. My biggest concern is far too many newbie characters, but as a Days watcher since the early 80s that's happened. We had a lot of turnover in the early 90s and a lot a few years ago. That's why I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep these short-term returns going.

dntdropthesoap
Member Avatar

sungrey
Jun 22 2010, 07:22 PM
By the way, dntdropthesoap, I loooooove your avatar. What the hell ever happened to Sherilyn Wolter?

I miss Bryan on Days. Even if they didn't re-pair Lucas and Sami, I still miss his connection to the show. As a Horton, I'd love to see him on the canvas. Of course, my first choice is and always will be Lumi, but I'm enjoying a little Safe.

As for his comments, I think he sees the same thing we do. My biggest concern is far too many newbie characters, but as a Days watcher since the early 80s that's happened. We had a lot of turnover in the early 90s and a lot a few years ago. That's why I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep these short-term returns going.
Thanks Sungrey! I don't know what happened to Sherilyn, but I loved Elena so much on Santa Barbara. She scared the hell out of me!

Hopefully, there will be a way for Lucas to stick around. I think Lucas and Sami have a great vibe that Jake and Paulina ended up with on Another World, exes who became best friends. And since Lucas and Sami started out that way, it would be great for them to get back to that.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Bryan has such class. I am so proud to be his fan. :wub:
Thanks for posting :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply