Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
June 24 Episode: Any Changes?
Topic Started: Jun 24 2010, 11:53 AM (1,532 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

As posted back in April, here's the June 24 episode as originally taped. Always interesting to see which scenes get cut, so when you watch today, see if anything doesn't make it in to the episode.

Episode # 11362
Airdate: Thursday, June 24, 2010

TEASER ACT

Scene A: Bo & Hope's House (Bo, Kayla, Kimberly)

Scene B: Plane Limbo (Shane, Rafe, Xs)

Scene C: Brady Pub (Roman, Carrie, Sami, Allie U/5, Xs)

Scene D: Horton Kitchen (Hope, Doug)

FLASHBACK # 5384 (Airdate: 12/25/86)

ACT ONE

Scene A: Maggie's Kitchen (Maggie, Bill)

Scene B: Brady Pub (Roman, Carrie, Sami, Allie U/5, Xs)

ACT TWO

Scene A: DiMera Mansion (Kate, Lucas)

Scene B: Horton Living Room (Jennifer, Julie)

FLASHBACK # 878 (Airdate: 5/1/69)

Scene C: Horton Kitchen (Hope, Doug)

FLASHBACK # 2054 (Airdate: 1/24/74)

ACT THREE

Scene A: Plane Limbo (Shane, Rafe, Xs)

Scene B: Bo & Hope's House (Bo, Kayla, Kimberly)

Scene C: Brady Pub (Roman, Carrie, Sami, Xs)

ACT FOUR

Scene A: DiMera Mansion (Kate, Lucas, Will)

Scene B: Maggie's Kitchen (Maggie, Bill)

Scene C: Nice Pier (Hope, Doug)

ACT FIVE

Scene B: Brady Pub (Carrie, Sami, Xs)

Scene C: Plane Limbo (Shane, Rafe, Xs)

Scene D: Bo & Hope's House (Bo, Kayla, Kimberly, Roman)

ACT SIX

Scene B: Horton Living Room (Jennifer, Julie, Abe)

FLASHBACK # 4595 (Airdate: 12/5/83)

Scene C: Horton Kitchen (Hope, Doug)

FLASHBACK # 4974 (Airdate: 5/23/85)

ACT SEVEN

Scene B: Brady Pub (Carrie, Sami, Xs)

Scene C: Plane Limbo (Shane, Rafe, Xs)

FLASHBACK # 5075 (Airdate: 10/11/85)

Scene D: Bo & Hope's House (Bo, Kayla, Kimberly, Roman)

ACT EIGHT

Scene B: Horton Kitchen (Hope, Jennifer)

Scene C: Bo & Hope's House (Bo, Kayla)

Scene D: Plane Limbo (Shane, Rafe, Xs)

Scene E: Brady Pub (Carrie, Sami, Xs)

Scene F: Horton Living Room (Jennifer, Julie, Hope, Doug)

FLASHBACK # 6414 (Airdate: 12/25/90)

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

The "Nice Pier"? As opposed to the "Not-so-Nice Pier"? Since when did the Pier of Death become "Nice"? TPTB of this show need beaten with a 2x4.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

At least it all seems to be the appropriate Bradys & Hortons today with nary a Melanie, Daniel, Carly, or Chloe in site. Oh, drat. There's a Rafe. Guess you can't have everything.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Matt
Jun 24 2010, 11:55 AM
The "Nice Pier"? As opposed to the "Not-so-Nice Pier"? Since when did the Pier of Death become "Nice"? TPTB of this show need beaten with a 2x4.
It's been called that for a while. I think they call the other one the Industrial Pier.

esp13
Member Avatar

I think the pier scene with Doug and Hope was cut. I also think the second scene with all the Brady kids was cut (Act 7, Scene D). I also don't recall the flashback in the Rafe/Shane scene in Act 7.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

The pier (oops, I mean the "nice pier") scene with Doug and Hope is there.

esp13
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jun 24 2010, 12:55 PM
The pier (oops, I mean the "nice pier") scene with Doug and Hope is there.
Hmm, apparently I was otherwise occupied when it was on because I only remembered them being in the kitchen. Sorry, my bad.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Matt
What you call "Pier of Death" is actually Industrial Pier. Nice Pier is the one with a park bench and some flowers.

But they are both ugly new versions since they had to remove the two classic piers sets after the budget cuts in late 2008/early 2009.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

So, really, "Nice Pier" and "Industrial Pier" are actually the same set, only redressed so as to make us think they're actually two different places when they look almost exactly alike?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think some of the flashbacks were cut, Jason. We didn't get that Christmas one in the teaser act, for example.

Also, there was no flashback in the last scene. We heard Frances reading something she had wrote unless we are just talking about a voiceover flashback, which is exactly what that was.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Matt
Jun 24 2010, 01:25 PM
So, really, "Nice Pier" and "Industrial Pier" are actually the same set, only redressed so as to make us think they're actually two different places when they look almost exactly alike?
Yep.

jane1978

Sindacco
Jun 24 2010, 01:13 PM
Matt
What you call "Pier of Death" is actually Industrial Pier. Nice Pier is the one with a park bench and some flowers.

But they are both ugly new versions since they had to remove the two classic piers sets after the budget cuts in late 2008/early 2009.
I donīt remember two pier set. I think there was always only one and the gist of that is still there. They just put away the payphone and made it smaller and put that wall or corner of house on the other end so people can walk though it. And they stopped using that moody pier background sound with ship bells and seagulls.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

jane1978
Jun 24 2010, 01:58 PM
Sindacco
Jun 24 2010, 01:13 PM
Matt

I donīt remember two pier set. I think there was always only one and the gist of that is still there. They just put away the payphone and made it smaller and put that wall or corner of house on the other end so people can walk though it. And they stopped using that moody pier background sound with ship bells and seagulls.

No, just like now they used to have one industrial pier and one nice pier. The difference is that those were bigger, looked more real, sounded more real, etc. The present one looks much more fake, like they just put up some cheap walls. Of course it's like that with all presents sets compared to just two years ago.

Taelyn

I recall they had 2 different piers.The dark mysterious pier with the stairs right behind the pub where the famously romantic Marlena and Roman/John reuinion took place, It was larger and well done. And the other pier where the Fancy Face was docked.. Also where Patch and Kayla were married.
Atleast they looked like 2 different piers to me.
Edited by Taelyn, Jun 24 2010, 02:08 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

I think the one where the Fancy Face was docked and the where Steve and Kayla got married was a real location they used a few times. The actual set for the pier was the one with stares, the pay phone, the walkway up above and the pilings to hide behind.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

esp13
Jun 24 2010, 02:18 PM
I think the one where the Fancy Face was docked and the where Steve and Kayla got married was a real location they used a few times. The actual set for the pier was the one with stares, the pay phone, the walkway up above and the pilings to hide behind.
there was also the area with the stairs that led down from the back entrance to Shenangians. Also, isn't the Brady Pub built into a cliff or something? I've always got that impression since Shawn/Caroline lived upstairs and it had an entrance onto the street while the fish market/pub downstairs also had an entrance onto the street. :drunk:

esp13
Member Avatar

Matt
Jun 24 2010, 02:46 PM
esp13
Jun 24 2010, 02:18 PM
there was also the area with the stairs that led down from the back entrance to Shenangians. Also, isn't the Brady Pub built into a cliff or something? I've always got that impression since Shawn/Caroline lived upstairs and it had an entrance onto the street while the fish market/pub downstairs also had an entrance onto the street. :drunk:
Actually, the entrance to Shawn and Caroline's house had stairs down the street. We didn't see them all that often, but they were there.

And I have to amend my previous answer because I wasn't thinking of the Fancy Face and where it was docked after Bo and Hope returned to the show in 1990. That was, obviously, a set not a location. But, I think it was the regular pier set just altered a little bit for the boat.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Okay just finished watching and there were six changes to the episode:

CHANGES TO Episode # 11362...June 24, 2010

TEASER ACT
FLASHBACK # 5384 (Airdate: 12/25/86)...cut

ACT TWO
FLASHBACK # 2054 (Airdate: 1/24/74)...cut

ACT FOUR
Scene A: DiMera Mansion (Kate, Lucas, Will)...moved to ACT THREE before Scene C

ACT SEVEN
FLASHBACK # 5075 (Airdate: 10/11/85)...cut

ACT SEVEN
Scene D: Roman & Kimberly cut from scene

ACT EIGHT
Scene D: Plane Limbo (Shane, Rafe, Xs)...cut

BradyB

It was nice to see the Brady children together again today. Kayla and Kim would be great to have around in Salem again!!! I hate they took the Kimberly and Roman clip out of todays show. It was a little weird that they were they and then next clip not seen for rest of show. It is nce to see them use Kayla quite a bit in this return. Looking forward to Kim being around for a few extra days.

kimdonovan
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jun 24 2010, 05:44 PM
Okay just finished watching and there were six changes to the episode:

CHANGES TO Episode # 11362...June 24, 2010

TEASER ACT
FLASHBACK # 5384 (Airdate: 12/25/86)...cut

ACT TWO
FLASHBACK # 2054 (Airdate: 1/24/74)...cut

ACT FOUR
Scene A: DiMera Mansion (Kate, Lucas, Will)...moved to ACT THREE before Scene C

ACT SEVEN
FLASHBACK # 5075 (Airdate: 10/11/85)...cut

ACT SEVEN
Scene D: Roman & Kimberly cut from scene

ACT EIGHT
Scene D: Plane Limbo (Shane, Rafe, Xs)...cut
That really pisses me off that they cut the Kim/Roman scene and the Shane flashbacks. We only get to see them once in 18 years for 5 minutes and they gotta cut more time out? I realize it's for Alice, but then they shouldn't be cutting the damn flashbacks out at all. What a stupid worthless show this has become! Thank God I only have 4 days left to watch (which they will probably cut out half of also....) :redface: :frustration:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply