Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Matthew Ashford back on DAYS?
Topic Started: Jun 24 2010, 09:02 PM (4,255 Views)
JackN'Jen
Member Avatar

Didn't Sami and Jack "kiss"? Their souls left their bodies and hey kissed, :lol: .... or did I dream this?
Wow I hope it wasn't a dream, that would just be weird and creepy!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Samantha Dimera
Jun 24 2010, 09:45 PM
Oohhh thanks guys! Would love me Some ... :lol: Sack scenes
Matthew Ashford had such great chemistry with the ladies. I loved his friendships with Sami, Greta, Cassie & Billie.

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

darraholic
Jun 24 2010, 09:59 PM
Samantha Dimera
Jun 24 2010, 09:45 PM
Oohhh thanks guys! Would love me Some ... :lol: Sack scenes
Matthew Ashford had such great chemistry with the ladies. I loved his friendships with Sami, Greta, Cassie & Billie.
He has great potential for me for the few that I've seen of him! I can't wait for his scenes.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Solo Jen didnt work before, why are people clamoring for it now? So she can hook up with Rafe? Brady? Phillip? Daniel? EJ? Wasnt bed hopping with Patrick, Colin, Frankie and Brandon looking for chemestry enough?
Edited by Drew, Jun 24 2010, 10:11 PM.

Kiren
Member Avatar

LOVE IT! I can't stop watching it! Love Jack at 0:11 and "You've got it baby." :wub:
Edited by Kiren, Jun 24 2010, 10:30 PM.

Kiren
Member Avatar

Drew
Jun 24 2010, 10:10 PM
Solo Jen didnt work before, why are people clamoring for it now? So she can hook up with Rafe? Brady? Phillip? Daniel? EJ? Wasnt bed hopping with Patrick, Colin, Frankie and Brandon looking for chemestry enough?
Hmm Jen and Rafe that's an idea! lol

I want me Jack and Jenn!! Well..I want Jack, but Jen can come along.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

My fave Jack friendship would have to be Billie! I miss MA and his version of Jack and not what TPTB did to Jack last time in Salem.

Every SL on DAYS is so depressing, boring and dull. They need a balance. Characters if written well, CAN be interesting and dont have to be a triangle.

But....the writing....I dont trust it now.

Kiren
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Jun 24 2010, 10:28 PM
My fave Jack friendship would have to be Billie! I miss MA and his version of Jack and not what TPTB did to Jack last time in Salem.

Every SL on DAYS is so depressing, boring and dull. They need a balance. Characters if written well, CAN be interesting and dont have to be a triangle.

But....the writing....I dont trust it now.
To them, triangles are the only option to keep people watching. That's their strategy. Giving a little something to each fanbase. :soapbox:

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Drew
Jun 24 2010, 10:10 PM
I know Jen and Colin slept together. That was another case where he forced her to do it or something would happen to Jack. I don't remember Jen sleeping with the others though. I know that yes they chem tested her with them but did she sleep with any of them. Maybe she did and I just can't remember it.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

I think Jen is a little old for Rafe... hey can we get Jack to stay instead of Jennifer, please...

Kiren
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Jun 24 2010, 11:26 PM
I think Jen is a little old for Rafe... hey can we get Jack to stay instead of Jennifer, please...
Jen was way to old for Brandon too though right? Not that I'm rooting for a Jafe or *Bleh* Ren paiiring.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Actually, Jennifer's probably only about 3-4 years older than Rafe. If Hope can hook up with Patrick, Jennifer can hook up with Rafe. Not that I *want* them to, of course, but I'm just saying...

Ellie

Matt
Jun 24 2010, 11:50 PM
Actually, Jennifer's probably only about 3-4 years older than Rafe. If Hope can hook up with Patrick, Jennifer can hook up with Rafe. Not that I *want* them to, of course, but I'm just saying...
I was going to say that Jennifer was a teenager when Sami was born... but Sami was a teenager when EJ was born, so there you go.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Ellie
Jun 24 2010, 11:52 PM
Matt
I was going to say that Jennifer was a teenager when Sami was born... but Sami was a teenager when EJ was born, so there you go.
Please, let's not use any sort of logic in regards to characters ages. Lord knows TPTB don't.

Ellie

Matt
Jun 24 2010, 11:57 PM
Ellie
Jun 24 2010, 11:52 PM
Matt
Please, let's not use any sort of logic in regards to characters ages. Lord knows TPTB don't.
Lol ok, it's a deal.

anya
Member Avatar

I started watching Days for Jack & Jen in about 1989-90? LOOOVED the couple. Sami's plots have kept me hanging in between droughts of other stuff. Of course, I love EJAMI.

I thought Sack was hilarious. And I would love to see MR & MA back. They need a little more mystery and a little less goofy. But, hell... bring back Missy & Matt? I say terminate the entire Hernandez clan PLUS to pay for some J&J and some sack! EJ & Jack? I would DIE for some humorous scenes with Jack, EJ & Sami. Must go watch youtube clip again.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

crookedhalo
I would rather have Jack over Jennifer too. Jennifer is such a boring goody-goody character.

Mason
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jun 25 2010, 12:35 AM
crookedhalo
I would rather have Jack over Jennifer too. Jennifer is such a boring goody-goody character.
She is, kind of, but I feel like the show needs someone like that right now. For me, there are no strong rootable heroines on the show at the moment. I mean, who is there? Stephanie? Melanie? Chloe? Sami? No, no, no and definitely not. What the show is missing (among quite a few other things) is a character like Jennifer or Carrie.

This is, of course, not to say that I wouldn't love to have Jack back. I think it would be very interesting to see what he would be like without Jen around, for once. I've always felt it was such a mistake when the show chose to let Matt Ashford go when Missy Reeves decided to leave in 2006.

AlisonLou

I would prefer Jack and Jen to come back then Dr Baker and Stacy Haiduk's character. I'd rather see Jack and Jen back then Justin and Adrienne. The writers don't seem to be doing anything with Justin and Adrienne. They should put them back together and write them out if they aren't planning to give them a story.
Jen's return has been great and has added something that Days was missing. Days feels like Days again with all the returns. Without the returns Days will go downhill. Days need Jack and Jenn. I'd also like to see John and Marlena and Shawn and Belle return at some point.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Jun 25 2010, 12:56 AM
Angie79
Jun 25 2010, 12:35 AM
crookedhalo
She is, kind of, but I feel like the show needs someone like that right now. For me, there are no strong rootable heroines on the show at the moment. I mean, who is there? Stephanie? Melanie? Chloe? Sami? No, no, no and definitely not. What the show is missing (among quite a few other things) is a character like Jennifer or Carrie.

This is, of course, not to say that I wouldn't love to have Jack back. I think it would be very interesting to see what he would be like without Jen around, for once. I've always felt it was such a mistake when the show chose to let Matt Ashford go when Missy Reeves decided to leave in 2006.
You and me both.

Imagine how much better that Steve and Kayla story in 2007 could've been if Jack were around too? The couple mentality that has permeated the show's brass (and many fans) is a big reason why the show struggles creatively.

I do agree that while Jennifer can be sickeningly sweet, she is the kind of character needed right now. We don't have anyone like that, at least not amongst the females. A few years ago, we had too many. Now, none.

I'm not against her returning in her own. My only issue is that they've broken up so many times and you just know they will end up together again down the road if they break up again. Also, Jennifer never seems to work out with any other love interests. She worked with Frankie but the writers forced that last time and it made Frankie look desperate and I bet they would do that again if they got the chance. Jennifer and Peter worked but he was a bad guy so that ruined it. Jack, on the other hand, has clicked with so many females. Greta, Sami, Billie...he seems to have more potential outside of Jennifer then Jennifer does outside of Jack.

I was under the impression that Matt would be available after Mama Mia wraps so, if he's amenable, bring him and Jen back. A few weeks ago on Facebook there was indication that Matt and Missy had been discussing returning together so I wouldn't be surprised, especially given the current state of things, if they do return. They could work well as supporting players. Have them work as reporters and solve mysteries. We don't need them involved in a triangle or quad.

I don't know if I buy this source as concrete but I do think the show is heading in this direction so whatever.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply