Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 6/28-6/30; DAYS is preempted Thursday and Friday for Wimbledon
Topic Started: Jun 27 2010, 11:59 AM (12,135 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DAYS OF OUR LIVES
Week of June 28th
Weekly Discussion

Posted Image

Classic clips o' the week: Wimbledon promos from last decade

DISCUSS!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Awww, Nicole with Pookie. I hope Pookie didn't end up at the Humane Society!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

Ugh!! I will NEVER understand why they interrupt the soaps for sporting events---other than a general lack of respect by the networks for the daytime genre as a whole!!!!!!!!!!!

lysie
Member Avatar

Sigh...oh, the aliens. I did always like the scenes once SHELLE got back to BOPEs and told their parents that they had seen aliens.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

alstonboy4315
Jun 27 2010, 12:00 PM
Ugh!! I will NEVER understand why they interrupt the soaps for sporting events---other than a general lack of respect by the networks for the daytime genre as a whole!!!!!!!!!!!
I understand why they used to do it (and I'd argue that not showing major sporting events because a soap is on is disrespectful to sports fans, more so because Wimbledon for example happens only once a year). However, I do agree that now with so many cable options, it would be fine to put golf and tennis (which happen during weekdays, unlike basketball and football) somewhere else. There's probably hardly anybody left who doesn't have cable or satellite.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Wimbledon will get better ratings than DAYS next week. Sad but true.

Days4Life

I'm actually glad for the pre-emptions because I'm moving this week so it's two less days that I have to catch up on.

Paxton
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jun 27 2010, 12:48 PM
I think that may depend on how many Americans are still alive at that point. Unless I'm misreading the draws it looks like there are two American men left (including Andy Roddick) and two women (Venus and Serena). I used to be a hardcore tennis fan but haven't followed it virtually at all in the last decade. It, like everything else, has suffered some from fewer people watching, and on the men's side Roger Federer's dominance coupled with a relatively weak American field seems to have equaled tennis losing viewers here (don't know how it's doing globally).

As much as Days has been sucking and blowing in the ratings for months now, it wouldn't be surprising if Wimbledon did better, but I'm not actually expecting it.

lysie
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jun 27 2010, 01:31 PM
IMissAremid
Jun 27 2010, 12:48 PM
I think that may depend on how many Americans are still alive at that point. Unless I'm misreading the draws it looks like there are two American men left (including Andy Roddick) and two women (Venus and Serena). I used to be a hardcore tennis fan but haven't followed it virtually at all in the last decade. It, like everything else, has suffered some from fewer people watching, and on the men's side Roger Federer's dominance coupled with a relatively weak American field seems to have equaled tennis losing viewers here (don't know how it's doing globally).

As much as Days has been sucking and blowing in the ratings for months now, it wouldn't be surprising if Wimbledon did better, but I'm not actually expecting it.
Oh, Paxton. I took you a little too literally. I was, like, what gonna happen this week?

lysie
Member Avatar

Um...I just saw Molly Burnett's teeth in a commercial for that Disney channel show. Her episode airs tonight.

sungrey

Well, at least you know she uses Crest! (Or maybe Colgate, I don't know)... anyhow, the real reason I posted was to ask if anyone had Wimbledon ratings for the past couple years from that Thursday and Friday to compare how tennis does against Days.

Paxton
Member Avatar

I did a very quick search but couldn't find anything specific to those days. I think I remember seeing that Wimbledon had been drawing roughly 2.5 million viewers or just below, but not sure for what time frame. Last year's men's final was the highest rated in a decade, with over 5 million viewers (of course, the men's final is on Sunday), likely becaue of Andy Roddick's presence in it for the American audience.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Come discuss the Daytime Emmy Awards LIVE with us in this thread.

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8310805/1/

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Kim & Shane! *squee* And there's a Kim/Alice flashback that uses the old Kim/Shane underscore theme. :wub:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

So, apparently, Alice Horton was 91. Um... was she de-SORASed at some point?!

Paxton
Member Avatar

Incidentally, I discovered my affiliate is broadcasting the Roddick/Lu match,
Spoiler: click to toggle
, instead of Days (though, if this ends up being the final set I suppose if there's any of Days left they may cut to it). I wonder if the same is happening in any other markets.

ETA: My affiliate is NUTS. Apparently they pushed Days back to 1:00 CST, half an hour later, for tennis's sake--yet they cut away from a
Spoiler: click to toggle
What sense does that make?
Edited by Paxton, Jun 28 2010, 01:02 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Damn. I forgot to put this in the original post for Fourth of July.

Oh well... better late than never.

Edited by IMissAremid, Jun 28 2010, 01:06 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Matt
Jun 28 2010, 12:29 PM
So, apparently, Alice Horton was 91. Um... was she de-SORASed at some point?!
And she apparently gave birth to Tommy and Addie when she was 12. :eyeroll:
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jun 28 2010, 02:34 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Let's see...the little trip down Memory Lane was sweet today, but in real life, who has their tombstone (marker or whatever) done on the day of death? Unless she had her stuff filled out when Tom died except for date of death. Was the date of death on there? If not, then never mind! :D
Oh, Kim, Kim, Kim, make the guy sweat a little. Good for you.
Hope continues to rip my heart out. Poor Ciara. There will be hell to pay when Hope discovers Ciara was telling the truth the whole time.
Dang it, Bo, lay off. You never know when to quit, do you? No wonder she gets pissed at you!
Kate's scene was sweet. Bill and Kate were sweet.
Mike's scene? WTF? Weird.
Those two in the DiMansion? Meh.
The whole Mia thing is weird. Why again is Madeline hell-bent on sending her away?

lysie
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jun 28 2010, 03:22 PM
The whole Mia thing is weird. Why again is Madeline hell-bent on sending her away?
Don't question it. Just appreciate it.

Oh, and my grandparents have had their tombstones (in place, names on them and everything) since before I was born.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply