Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Another World at JC Studio in Brooklyn
Topic Started: Jun 27 2010, 03:39 PM (207 Views)
RutherfordBHayes

How long was AW at JC Studio in Brooklyn? I know that ATWT moved into JC after AW's cancellation in 1999.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

RutherfordBHayes
Jun 27 2010, 03:39 PM
How long was AW at JC Studio in Brooklyn? I know that ATWT moved into JC after AW's cancellation in 1999.
I thought AW spent it's entire 35 years at the same studio in Brooklyn. SOMERSET, LOVERS & FRIEND/FOR RICHER, FOR POORER, & TEXAS were also taped there. I also want to say that there was at least another soap or two taped there as well (wasn't THE COSBY SHOW also taped there?).

~bl~
Member Avatar

For a short time (maybe the first season or two) the Cosby show was in the same studio as Another World. I think they then moved to Queens.

TeleFan

In 1952, NBC bought the former Vitagraph/Warner Brothers studios to create their first color facility. JC Studios is named for James Clifton Stiegelbauer, a longtime set designer at NBC, whose sons bought the facility in 1999.

In addition to the soaps and Cosby, other programs that originated at 1268 East 14th Street in Brooklyn include DuPont Show of the Week, Hullabaloo, Perry Como Show, Sing Along With Mitch, Tic Tac Dough, Hallmark Hall of Fame and Kraft Music Hall, "Peter Pan" with Mary Martin and an Aqua Special starring Esther Williams was done in a swimming pool in Studio 1 which is now covered.

Studio 1 - 163 X 70 X 24 feet.
Studio 2 - 131 X 75 X 38 feet.
There are Hair, Make Up and Wardrobe areas with 31 dressing rooms.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply