Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
British Soap Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 11 2010, 12:59 PM (16,233 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

A thread to discuss all the soaps of the UK (Emmerdale, EastEnders, Coronation Street, etc.)... :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Here's where Mark is murdered.

Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I encourage you guys to download the February 11, 2010 episode of Emmerdale. This is the one where Maisie has her complete breakdown. Good stuff.
Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Amello
Jul 11 2010, 01:15 PM
I encourage you guys to download the February 11, 2010 episode of Emmerdale. This is the one where Maisie has her complete breakdown. Good stuff.
True story! True story! I was there! Seriously, amazing work!
Online Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Grandpa Hughes
Jul 11 2010, 04:04 PM
Amello
Jul 11 2010, 01:15 PM
True story! True story! I was there! Seriously, amazing work!
I jumped out of my seat when she smashed her head in the Woolpack bathroom mirror. Wasn't expecting that at all. Awesome
Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Ahhh...I need to watch those scenes! I'm still catching up on this past week.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

I'm in the middle of March but determined to catch up!
Online Profile Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

I'm watching June, but I will try and find those episodes with Maise's breakdown. Sounds AMAZING!

Wow, I can't believing I am discussing a soap opera. It's been a LOOOOONG time since I watched one for more than 1 episode. LOL
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Manny
Jul 11 2010, 05:01 PM
I'm watching June, but I will try and find those episodes with Maise's breakdown. Sounds AMAZING!

Wow, I can't believing I am discussing a soap opera. It's been a LOOOOONG time since I watched one for more than 1 episode. LOL
Well, this one is definitely worth watching! I used to follow all four Brit soaps! EMMERDALE and CORONATION STREET are/were my favorites and I loved EASTENDERS! HOLLYOAKS is a bit different but STILL was better than any American soap! I WAS going to start my catching up with CORRIE but Amello started posting a lot about EMMERDALE and since I knew most of the characters he was writing of, I decided to start there! I'm SO glad I did!
Online Profile Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

I am pretty surprised that Holly actually did steal that ketamine bottle.

Okay, I need help with two new storylines I've been introduced to. David and Leyla... what is up with them? And what is up with his business with that woman Tania?

And then we have the wedding of Nicola and Jimmy... is there anything going on? She's been pretty rude and annoying... lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

New characters? LoL

David and Leyla are the BEST couple on this show next to CAIN and CHARITY. Just keep watching with Tania as her motives will all be explained to you shortly. If I went into it, I would just spoil it for you. Anyway, David and Leyla are engaged.

Right now you're in the child abuse plot, yeah? Here's what happened ...

Laurel was babysitting some of the kids in the village. Angelica (Jimmy/Nicola's daughter) and Cathy (Bob/Viv's daughter) were both there. Nicola and Laurel are best friends so Nicola went to visit her (for a reason I don't remember) When Laurel left Nicola to take care of the children as she quickly ran an errand, she saw Cathy bite Angelica. In the heat of the moment, Nicola bit Cathy. Viv got word of this and called the cops. Now Nicola is scared she'll go to prison instead of marrying Jimmy, as the court date is the same day.

A few years ago Nicola was a HUGE BITCH on the show. The current producer has mellowed her out a bit and made her more real of a person.
Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Well they are NEW to me! :lol:

OMG! Nicola BIT a child???

:lol:

Okay, wow..

I have no idea who Cain and Charity are... lol

I like David. I don't have an opinion on Leyla so far. She hasn't been on that much. Tania just showed up in a robe, while David was waiting for her in her living room. I thought she was gonna take it of revealing a naked body underneath it. LOL It didn't happen though..

They have SO MANY characters.. it's so hard to keep track who is with who and stuff.. LOL But I like most of the stuff, so I'll continue.. Hopefully I'll figure out who everyone is.

I have two old men on my screen now and I have no idea who they are.. LOL
Edited by Manny, Jul 12 2010, 02:26 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Manny, ALL the UK soaps have A LOT of characters. Another reason why they are BETTER.

Yeah, Cain and Charity won't be seen a lot for a bit (Emma Atkins was in contract talks to sign more than just her iniital six month return, plus story was put on hold when DEBBIE (their daughter) went on maternity leave in real life.)

The Tania/David thing will all make sense in the next few episodes. Blackmail and all that ...

Two old men ... Rodney and Charlie is my guess. Though it could be ...

Doug, Sandy, Shadrach, Alan and Eric as well.

I don't know if you'd consider Terry old. (And yes, I am aware you have no clue what the fuck I'm talking about)
Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Manny, I'm having some trouble keeping track of all the characters, myself.

This place helps a bit: http://www.itv.com/soaps/emmerdale/castandcharacters/
Offline Profile Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Thank you, Mason, for the link.

And the robe went off.. Tania was naked! :D I knew it! LOL

Mello, Debbie.. is she Andy's ex wife? The one with whom he has a daughter, Sarah?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Manny
Jul 12 2010, 02:36 PM
Thank you, Mason, for the link.

And the robe went off.. Tania was naked! :D I knew it! LOL

Mello, Debbie.. is she Andy's ex wife? The one with whom he has a daughter, Sarah?
Debbie and Andy were NEVER married. The rest is correct. Debbie was a lesbo for a while though, just like her mother! :)
Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jul 12 2010, 02:34 PM
Manny, I'm having some trouble keeping track of all the characters, myself.

This place helps a bit: http://www.itv.com/soaps/emmerdale/castandcharacters/
I used Wikipedia as well and CarlD2 helped me out IMMENSELY! He's a godsend.
Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Yeah, I'm using wikipedia as well.

Mason, what episodes are you watching?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Wait, whaaat? Nathan is involved in the blackmail with David and Tania?? I have no clue what's going on and how David and Nathan are connected.. LOL
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Manny
Jul 12 2010, 02:49 PM
Mason, what episodes are you watching?
The last episode I watched was July 5th, so I'm about a week behind the current episodes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic