Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
British Soap Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 11 2010, 12:59 PM (16,455 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Oct 12 2010, 07:08 AM
Yes but unless I'm one of the writers, I dont need to stress over every past detail. I just find it more enjoyable that way. :)

But really, Emmerdale of all shows isnt exactly the legacy type. 18 years is their highest tenured performer? (and she's left twice already) That's pretty shabby compared to Coronation Street.
No, she's the highest tenured actress. Alan Turner has been there since '82. Eric Pollard since '86. Everyone else is from '94 on. The reason there's no legacy anymore is because the previous writers moronically decimated the Sugden family.

Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Monday. Wow. Just wow.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Oct 12 2010, 06:57 PM
Monday. Wow. Just wow.
It was fucking so good. What was your favourite part? The silence when everyone was waiting in the hall was visceral!
Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

A tie between the deafening sounds of the gurney clanking while they all listened from the hall, and Bianca's phone call.

Her walk through the Square though was also great.
Edited by Drew, Oct 12 2010, 08:30 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

nuLauren is crap.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Oct 12 2010, 08:32 PM
nuLauren is crap.
You think so? Then you'll like Tuesday's episode. LoL However the REAL crap actor is this Jay kid. He sucks.
Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Do you all like the one thread for British Soaps or would you prefer that each of them had their own thread?
Online Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Miss Rhi
Oct 12 2010, 08:37 PM
Do you all like the one thread for British Soaps or would you prefer that each of them had their own thread?
I watch three out of the four, so it doesn't bother me at all.
Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Really Max? Really?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Oct 12 2010, 08:39 PM
Really Max? Really?
Thank you. :) I'm shocked we agree on that, actually.
Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Amello
Oct 12 2010, 08:38 PM
Miss Rhi
I watch three out of the four, so it doesn't bother me at all.
Same.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I mean, there are so many OTHER reasons Carol is to blame for his death. Him going off to the army is nothing (and more to do with Jack).

"He's a man now, he's got to make his own choices and learn to live with it"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Amello
Oct 12 2010, 08:33 PM
Drew
Oct 12 2010, 08:32 PM
nuLauren is crap.
You think so? Then you'll like Tuesday's episode. LoL However the REAL crap actor is this Jay kid. He sucks.
I dont think Jay's that bad. He's improved alot from a couple years ago. He's still young. I'd easily rank him one of the best of their current lot of kids.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Oct 12 2010, 08:42 PM
I mean, there are so many OTHER reasons Carol is to blame for his death. Him going off to the army is nothing (and more to do with Jack).

"He's a man now, he's got to make his own choices and learn to live with it"
But Carol isn't to blame. Only Billy is. He made the decision to drink like an animal and he paid he consequences. It wasn't Carol's responsibility, with a son in his early 20's, to tell him how much to drink. The moron should have known his limit by that age. LoL

However, let us all rejoice that we never have to see Devon Anderson on our screens again. One of the worst soap actors of all time.

And Jay, really? I think Abi, Tamwar, Darren, Lauren, Peter, Whitney, Fatboy, and the black chick are all better than that dullard. He's always making weird facial expressions. Plus, the character itself is freaking annoying. Today was a perfect example.
Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

"Abi, Tamwar, Darren, Lauren, Peter, Whitney, Fatboy"

Abi is awful, are you kidding?! Tamwar, Darren, Whitney, Peter and Fatboy are nearly 20 or older. He's the only one that's actually a kid.
Edited by Drew, Oct 12 2010, 08:57 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
I'd personally like a thread for each one. There is only 4 so it wouldn't take up much room. It might make it easier for a new poster wanting to talk about CS but only see discussion on EE or Farmville (Love that name Drew!) and not post.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

But it makes all the more work for me to seek out the Farmville thread to mock it. :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Oct 12 2010, 08:55 PM
"Abi, Tamwar, Darren, Lauren, Peter, Whitney, Fatboy"

Abi is awful, are you kidding?! Tamwar, Darren, Whitney, Peter and Fatboy are nearly 20 or older. He's the only one that's actually a kid.
Huh? I love Abi. The actual has a very natural presence.

Wait, how old is Jay? I assumed he was like 16 or so. That only makes him a couple years younger than Peter, Lucy, Whitney ...
Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Lucy's gone. Peter's nearly 19 IRL, as is the girl playing Whitney. The kid playing Jay is one of the few teens playing their age.

The point is he's young, and barely out of puberty. He is growing acting wise, watch the Vision episodes.
Edited by Drew, Oct 12 2010, 09:27 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

and seriously ... Abi is the biggest waste of space aside from that farming show you watch that airs 1000 times a week. The girl is so "duuuuuuh".
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic