Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Fired Up - Hope's Plan; July 27th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jul 15 2010, 01:25 PM (3,578 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

For 25 years, Bo and Hope have been one of DAYS’s most beloved supercouples. This week, the duo adds another shocking chapter to their tumultuous love story when Hope tries to kill him.

Nighttime Hope meets with Dr. Baker and announces her plan to kill Bo - that night. “She told him to get a list of things and he says, ‘Why do you need these things?’ and she doesn’t answer. He realizes what it’s for and he tries to talk her out of it. He pledges his love for her and says they can run off together, they can travel,” says Kristian. Her reaction? “It think Hope is touched and taken aback, but it doesn’t throw her off course,” says Kristian.

On Hope’s list? A can of gasoline. She takes it and heads to the home she shared with Bo. “She disarms the alarm and the fire alarm,” says Kristian. “Just as she’s about to leave, she opens the door and who is there but Bo. She did not expect to see him.”

Hope’s appearance troubles Bo. “It’s he first time he’s experienced Nighttime Hope, “ explains Peter. “Her makeup’s a little more severe, she has more attitude, just not Hope. He is like, ‘Who the heck are you?’” Hope covers that she’s there to pick up some video games for Ciara. “He makes some inquiry about the way she’s dressed and she says, ‘Remember, I am a detective. I am working undercover.’ That’s how she gets out of that,” adds Kristian.

Bo tries to talk to her about her erratic behavior of late, noting her kiss with Justin and her hot and cold moments with Carly. “She says, ‘You want to talk about it? Fine. Let’s talk about it, how things are today,’” huffs Kristian. “He says, ‘Please, stay.’ And Hope is completely still. He gives her the videos. Then she grabs him and kisses him and says goodbye. And then Bo stops her and says, ‘Why would you kiss me?’ And then they get into an argument and she starts to soften up and he says again, ‘Please stay. Carly is working late at the hospital. Let’s talk.’ And she starts to break down to daytime Hope.”

A call from Carly breaks the mood. “You see her starting to harden and she decides, ‘Sure, I’ll stay,’” continues Kristian. “She ask for coffee because it’s going to be a long night of talking and that’s when she realizes, ‘You’re dead.’”

Bo makes the coffee, then gets a call from Roman. Hope takes the opportunity while Bo is distracted on the phone and puts pills in his drink. When he returns, she encourages him to drink up. “Then she snaps out of it as daytime Hope and tells him he can’t drink anymore,” explains Kristian. “And then she realizes he’s had it all.”

The Bradys try to have another conversation about where their marriage went wrong. When Bo refuses to take sole responsibility, “It starts to get nasty again,” Kristian notes. Then Bo starts to get woozy and passes out. And Hope decides she’s going to torch him to death and says a final farewell to her one true love. “She has gasoline with her and pours it all over him. As she’s about to light the match, there’s a knock at the door and it’s Daniel. Hope hides.”

Daniel tries to revive Bo just as Roman – who received a call from an anonymous tipster – arrives with the EMTs. Bo is rushed to the hospital and Hope realizes that Baker must have been the one who called Roman. She tracks him down to ream him out. “She is not happy, “ sighs Kristian. Baker insists he tipped off the cops out of love. “She cares, but she’s so on track with what she wants to accomplish and I think Hope feels it’s too late and there’s a point of no return. She feels betrayed by Baker.”

Hope now worries that Bo will survive and finger her for attempted murder. “She’s realizing he’s going to wake up and know it was her,” says Kristian. She rushes to the hospital to finish him off, but it foiled when he opens his eyes and Carly enters the room. Hope heads home, convinced she’s going to be implicated.

“It’s the pinnacle of the storyline, “sums up Peter. “It’s soap opera. You can’t get any better than that….”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Belle333Black
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jul 15 2010, 01:25 PM
Please link to DR.

For 25 years, Bo and Hope have been one of DAYS’s most beloved supercouples. This week, the duo adds another shocking chapter to their tumultuous love story when Hope tries to kill him.

seriously, i think i'm gonna trow up :badmood:

LovingDays

Wow this looks really good

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

:lol:

Kenny
Member Avatar

This sounds ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Even with the influence of Ambien (seriously -- Ambien?!) and Hope's anger at Bo for leaving her for Carly, she would never try to burn him alive. That just wouldn't happen.

I think Higley has some issues and she's using this story to live vicariously through Hope and (creatively) get back at the men who've wronged her, LoL.

lene
Member Avatar

I wish there atleast would have been a fire, and Daniel would save Bo in the last minute. oh well...

lastDays
Member Avatar

So why is she drifting and out between NT and daytme Hope all in a matter of minutes This storyline is so damn embarrassing for KA

LovingDays

You can see a pic of Bo/Hope

http://soaptownusa.com/DOOLpreviews.html Stroll down
Edited by LovingDays, Jul 15 2010, 01:38 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

This storyline is dumb as shit and just keeps getting worse.

Ellie

lastDays
Jul 15 2010, 01:35 PM
So why is she drifting and out between NT and daytme Hope all in a matter of minutes This storyline is so damn embarrassing for KA
Yep. I agree with Kenny that Dena has issues; my take on it is that she has issues with women and is using this story to make KA and Hope look bad.

Thanks Angie for posting!

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

:shrug: Maybe it will play out better on screen? No?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

What about it is ridiculous? She's under the influence of the pills and all her suppressed anger is manifesting itself in the state the pills put her in. There is already cases out there of sleeping pills having severe effects and then you have a woman like Hope who has been through hell. It makes perfect sense, especially given this is a soap. And, no, maybe Hope wouldn't do this but it's not really the real, typical Hope, now is it?

This has to be the most misunderstood story on soaps in a long time. For once, the show actually is telling a story that revolves around something that has actually happened in terms of sleeping pill effects and they are tying suppressed human emotions (anger, resentment, devastation) into it and are taking their time telling the story. There is also a hint of psychology involved too yet it's called ridiculous drivel. No, it's not perfect and mistakes have been made but I certainly think it's more then Dena living vicariously through this story. I doubt the bitch even wrote more than the original premise of it.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 15 2010, 01:50 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Quote:

Hope takes the opportunity while Bo is distracted on the phone and puts pills in his drink. When he returns, she encourages him to drink up.

Surely it wasn't their intention to evoke "Dumb & Dumber," but now all I see is Jim Carrey stirring laxative into coffee and urging Jeff Daniels to drink up.

I'm ready for this story to be over.

Thanks for posting, Angie!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm just not a fan of this storyline anymore. The pill popping reason is weak. I would have rather it been a case of multiple personality. It could have made sense too given Hope's time at Doug's Place when she was younger. Maybe something could've happened to her back then. I think they missed the boat here.

Kenny
Member Avatar

You can tell certain things about writers based on the stories they write. With JER, you could tell he was a deeply religious man and a social oddity. With Langan, you could tell he was a pedophile. With Higley, it's glaringly obvious that she has serious issues based on the stories she writes. REAL issues. Mental issues. Not only does she come across as a midlife crisis-haven scatterbrained idiot in interviews (and remember her blog?!), but her stories seem to indicate that she has many deep, unresolved issues with the entire male and female population. I mean, this Hope story makes absolutely no sense to sane viewers. And remember the Margaret/Todd story she wrote on OLTL in which Todd was physically abused and tied to a bed a-la "Misery" for several months while Margaret repeatedly raped him and beat him and forcefully tried to get pregnant with his child? I think Higley identifies with these man-hating, woman-destroying stories because some smart man probably left her ass years ago for another woman or maybe he abused her or something. I'm not sure what her issues are, but she clearly has some and it's quite obvious based on these dumbass stories she writes.

Kali
Member Avatar

And in the end, all will be forgiven because she's St. Hope.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Jul 15 2010, 01:58 PM
You can tell certain things about writers based on the stories they write. With JER, you could tell he was a deeply religious man and a social oddity. With Langan, you could tell he was a pedophile. With Higley, it's glaringly obvious that she has serious issues based on the stories she writes. REAL issues. Mental issues. Not only does she come across as a midlife crisis-haven scatterbrained idiot in interviews (and remember her blog?!), but her stories seem to indicate that she has many deep, unresolved issues with the entire male and female population. I mean, this Hope story makes absolutely no sense to sane viewers. And remember the Margaret/Todd story she wrote on OLTL in which Todd was physically abused and tied to a bed a-la "Misery" for several months while Margaret repeatedly raped him and beat him and forcefully tried to get pregnant with his child? I think Higley identifies with these man-hating, woman-destroying stories because some smart man probably left her ass years ago for another woman or maybe he abused her or something. I'm not sure what her issues are, but she clearly has some and it's quite obvious based on these dumbass stories she writes.
Langan is a pedophile ... :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Jul 15 2010, 01:57 PM
I'm just not a fan of this storyline anymore. The pill popping reason is weak. I would have rather it been a case of multiple personality. It could have made sense too given Hope's time at Doug's Place when she was younger. Maybe something could've happened to her back then. I think they missed the boat here.
Absolutely agree with you there. I'm not saying they couldn't have went a different route. I just don't think the route they went is as horrible as people make it out to be.

And, maybe Higley does have issues but so what? The best writers are often those with issues because they can tap into their own experiences and create something far more effective. Not saying Higley is doing that here (especially since I doubt she wrote much beyond the premise) or that she has ever done it but I don't think having issues is really a problem. It can sometimes be a benefit.

Cupcake06

Drew
Jul 15 2010, 01:29 PM
:laugh: :laugh:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Boring!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply