Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Fired Up - Hope's Plan; July 27th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jul 15 2010, 01:25 PM (3,600 Views)
lazydazes
Member Avatar

I could care less about Dena Higley's personal life. DH's job is to provide fans with some good, well thought out storylines. It's just funny how great the show was going as long as she was keeping a low profile. Then, recently, she came out into the fold again, giving interviews, and such. Suddenly, all hell broke out in the ratings again as usual. DH is a crappy writer and her current storylines prove it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MarvinPepper
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. This is the only story I'm enjoying on the show at the moment and next week sounds super intense. Really looking forward to this. :)

AlisonLou

lazydazes
Jul 16 2010, 12:16 AM
I could care less about Dena Higley's personal life. DH's job is to provide fans with some good, well thought out storylines. It's just funny how great the show was going as long as she was keeping a low profile. Then, recently, she came out into the fold again, giving interviews, and such. Suddenly, all hell broke out in the ratings again as usual. DH is a crappy writer and her current storylines prove it.
She said in those interviews about supercouples rediscovering passion and reconnecting.
So far I've seen none of that with Bope. Maybe it's still to come or maybe she was on some of Hope's pills that day.
I'm finding her stories to be full of holes and not making much sense.
The babyswitch should have had a great payoff but instead the reveal was a let down.
This story with Hope hasn't made much sense since it started. I've seen people still asking what's wrong with Hope.
If the story made sense then they wouldn't be asking this at this point in the story.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

“It’s the pinnacle of the storyline, “sums up Peter. “It’s soap opera. You can’t get any better than that….”

Too bad no one cares....this story is so bad on so many levels that it's crazy. Dena's husband better sleep with one eye open.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

JERSoapsFan
Jul 15 2010, 11:43 PM
Amello
Jul 15 2010, 11:39 PM
JERSoapsFan
Jul 15 2010, 11:37 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Why? She has never treated the viewers with any dignity with her shit non-stories.
Um * clears throat*

She's not personally attacking each viewer.
And in a public venue.
And if she were, since viewers are usually private citizens, it would be libel, since "bitch" is actually an actionable term in a court of law. (Far less so for a public entity like Higley.)
I'm sorry but when you forget or dismiss show and character history and make every single story only about the plot and destroy the characters to suit that plot then you can't possibly say that Dena cares about the viewers. We'll just agree to disagree on Dena and her wonderful persona.....

FanODays

PhoenixRising05
Jul 15 2010, 02:12 PM
DrewHamilton
Jul 15 2010, 01:57 PM
I'm just not a fan of this storyline anymore. The pill popping reason is weak. I would have rather it been a case of multiple personality. It could have made sense too given Hope's time at Doug's Place when she was younger. Maybe something could've happened to her back then. I think they missed the boat here.
Absolutely agree with you there. I'm not saying they couldn't have went a different route. I just don't think the route they went is as horrible as people make it out to be.

And, maybe Higley does have issues but so what? The best writers are often those with issues because they can tap into their own experiences and create something far more effective. Not saying Higley is doing that here (especially since I doubt she wrote much beyond the premise) or that she has ever done it but I don't think having issues is really a problem. It can sometimes be a benefit.
I have always had a problem with a mother of a young child taking sleeping pills when there is no one else in the house. I get that Hope's desperate but then she should make arrangements for someone to be there incase Ciara needed her and Hope was too out of it because of the pills.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

FanODays
Jul 16 2010, 07:54 AM
PhoenixRising05
DrewHamilton
Jul 15 2010, 01:57 PM
I'm just not a fan of this storyline anymore. The pill popping reason is weak. I would have rather it been a case of multiple personality. It could have made sense too given Hope's time at Doug's Place when she was younger. Maybe something could've happened to her back then. I think they missed the boat here.
Absolutely agree with you there. I'm not saying they couldn't have went a different route. I just don't think the route they went is as horrible as people make it out to be.

And, maybe Higley does have issues but so what? The best writers are often those with issues because they can tap into their own experiences and create something far more effective. Not saying Higley is doing that here (especially since I doubt she wrote much beyond the premise) or that she has ever done it but I don't think having issues is really a problem. It can sometimes be a benefit.
I have always had a problem with a mother of a young child taking sleeping pills when there is no one else in the house. I get that Hope's desperate but then she should make arrangements for someone to be there incase Ciara needed her and Hope was too out of it because of the pills.
She living in Victor house right. Victor lives there with Vivian, Brady, and all the servants, so Ciara is not alone. Hope is taking sleeping pill because she can't sleep, she is doing it at night when Ciara should be in bed and asleep.

ivy

While killing someone as a side effect from sleeping pills is really extreme, the side effects of Ambien can include mental/mood changes, abnormal behavior, abnormal thinking, and memory loss. So, this storyline isn't too far fetched. As a matter of fact, Google has some info about sleeping pills and bizarre behavior.

Dakota
Member Avatar

ivy
Jul 16 2010, 10:18 AM
While killing someone as a side effect from sleeping pills is really extreme, the side effects of Ambien can include mental/mood changes, abnormal behavior, abnormal thinking, and memory loss. So, this storyline isn't too far fetched. As a matter of fact, Google has some info about sleeping pills and bizarre behavior.
Yeah, I have heard about all that, and one of the radio show guy stated that his g/f said he did strange things while on Ambien and he had no clue he did it. So, I don't think this storyline is too far fetched. I have heard sleepwalkers drive their car like they were awake, when they were clearly sleepwalking.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Dakota
Jul 16 2010, 10:22 AM
ivy
Yeah, I have heard about all that, and one of the radio show guy stated that his g/f said he did strange things while on Ambien and he had no clue he did it. So, I don't think this storyline is too far fetched. I have heard sleepwalkers drive their car like they were awake, when they were clearly sleepwalking.
My mother in law was on that and she used to see things that weren't there and would get mad if you didn't see what she saw!! She used to see cats and they would be sitting on ledges, that sort of thing. She couldn't remember what she said when she was taking Ambien. We would tell her about the cats and she seemed shocked. Now, I know that this storyline is being seen as far fetched, but honestly, stranger things have happened.

Dakota
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Jul 16 2010, 11:13 AM
Dakota
Jul 16 2010, 10:22 AM
ivy
My mother in law was on that and she used to see things that weren't there and would get mad if you didn't see what she saw!! She used to see cats and they would be sitting on ledges, that sort of thing. She couldn't remember what she said when she was taking Ambien. We would tell her about the cats and she seemed shocked. Now, I know that this storyline is being seen as far fetched, but honestly, stranger things have happened.
Wow that is strange and scary. That is why this storyline isn't farfetched. There are so many stories about Ambien, it is not even funny.

Mason
Member Avatar

Thank God for Ambien. If I ever start a methodical crime spree that includes branding people and trying to burn them alive, I've got my defense lined up. Surely, I won't be laughed out of court.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Important information about Ambien
Ambien may cause a severe allergic reaction. Stop taking it and get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Ambien will make you fall asleep. Never take this medication during your normal waking hours, unless you have a full 7 to 8 hours to dedicate to sleeping.

Some people using this medicine have engaged in activity such as driving, eating, or making phone calls and later having no memory of the activity. If this happens to you, stop taking Ambien and talk with your doctor about another treatment for your sleep disorder.

Ambien can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. You may still feel sleepy the morning after taking the medication. Until you know how this medication will affect you during waking hours, be careful if you drive, operate machinery, pilot an airplane, or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert. Do not drink alcohol while you are taking this medication. It can increase some of the side effects of Ambien, including drowsiness. This medication may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Ambien should never be shared with another person, especially someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it.

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/ambien.html#ixzz0trq5uvnd

FanODays

Dakota
Jul 16 2010, 10:05 AM
FanODays
PhoenixRising05

She living in Victor house right. Victor lives there with Vivian, Brady, and all the servants, so Ciara is not alone. Hope is taking sleeping pill because she can't sleep, she is doing it at night when Ciara should be in bed and asleep.
Thanks for correction but I will say that children don't always stay asleep even after they are put to bed and fall asleep the first time. Sigh......I wish they did.

Dakota
Member Avatar

FanODays
Jul 16 2010, 12:41 PM
Dakota
Jul 16 2010, 10:05 AM
FanODays

Thanks for correction but I will say that children don't always stay asleep even after they are put to bed and fall asleep the first time. Sigh......I wish they did.

Yw, I feel the same way, mommy can I please have some water, oh mommy I am thirsty or it could be can you read me another book. Anything to get from sleeping, but mommy said, after your drink you are sleeping, and no butts about it.
:D :D

Deleted User
Deleted User

Amello
Jul 16 2010, 12:13 AM
JERSoapsFan
Jul 16 2010, 12:05 AM
Amello
Jul 16 2010, 12:03 AM

:unsure: :shame:
I'm glad to read that you see the error of your ways.
Sorry to say, but that's not why I was shaking my head.
Quote Post Goto Top

Taelyn

Kenny
Jul 15 2010, 01:33 PM
This sounds ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Even with the influence of Ambien (seriously -- Ambien?!) and Hope's anger at Bo for leaving her for Carly, she would never try to burn him alive. That just wouldn't happen.

I think Higley has some issues and she's using this story to live vicariously through Hope and (creatively) get back at the men who've wronged her, LoL.
Exactly .. They are writing Ambien as if its some sort of Date rape LSD type drug that can turn innocent grandma's into seriel killers.. And its effects just turn on and off ..YES Ambien Can in Rare cases or when used improperly cause strange thoughts and behaviours .. But it does not turn a person into Syble (sic).. They would not have a repeated alter personality night after night that has a mission, nor would that person be aware of the other personality.. as if its another person... Its rediculous
Edited by Taelyn, Jul 17 2010, 08:17 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply