Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Rafe Busts EJ and Nicole; July 27th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jul 15 2010, 01:39 PM (21,199 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

SocRMum1
Jul 15 2010, 03:28 PM
HASdays
Jul 15 2010, 03:15 PM
SocRMum1
Jul 15 2010, 03:11 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
What, he's going to fight fair against Nicole and EJ? hahaha...that's funny. THAT would be stupid.

Maybe they can give him Sami's brain and he can walk around screeching at everyone and sucking up every piece of BS flowing out of EJ's mouth.
But isn't he the good guy? The White Knight to EJ's dark villian? Of course he should fight fair! He's SupeRafe! He should be able to figure this whole thing out while proving Arianna is innocent, taking Gabi to the movies and secretly taking Will's algebra exams for him all at the same time.

Wait. Scratch that last part. That would be cheating...and totally beneath the Rafester. :P

But seriously...the guy works for the FBI. I would expect him to understand that breaking in to someone's home because he overheard her having a private conversation with his ex's live in is probably looked down on by the agency. Just sayin'...
maybe he's grey ;)

Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

HASdays
Jul 15 2010, 03:32 PM
SocRMum1
HASdays

But isn't he the good guy? The White Knight to EJ's dark villian? Of course he should fight fair! He's SupeRafe! He should be able to figure this whole thing out while proving Arianna is innocent, taking Gabi to the movies and secretly taking Will's algebra exams for him all at the same time.

Wait. Scratch that last part. That would be cheating...and totally beneath the Rafester. :P

But seriously...the guy works for the FBI. I would expect him to understand that breaking in to someone's home because he overheard her having a private conversation with his ex's live in is probably looked down on by the agency. Just sayin'...
maybe he's grey ;)

Hmmm. Sorry, I just don't see it. GG doesn't have the acting chops to pull off grey. That would require...you know...some acting. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

SocRMum1
Jul 15 2010, 03:35 PM
HASdays
SocRMum1

maybe he's grey ;)

Hmmm. Sorry, I just don't see it. GG doesn't have the acting chops to pull off grey. That would require...you know...some acting. ;)
he has me convinced, because Galen isn't Rafe, which one nasty mouthed EJAMI fan found out on twitter, lol. That was pretty funny.

Maybe he can purse his lips, blink, arm-flail, and look like he's constipated when he's thinking so very very hard about something...
Goto Top

TINA222
Member Avatar

You cant use evidence not sanctioned by a judge with a warrant. Any court would throw it out. So basically he is wasting his time breaking into people's homes. Dumbass.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

TINA222
Jul 15 2010, 03:39 PM
You cant use evidence not sanctioned by a judge with a warrant. Any court would throw it out. So basically he is wasting his time breaking into people's homes. Dumbass.
EJ was standing on the pier with Nicole and his face went from smug to dumbass in60 seconds. That was awesome.
Goto Top

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Quote:

Maybe he can purse his lips, blink, arm-flail, and look like he's constipated when he's thinking so very very hard about something...

You forgot turning purple, and walking around like he has hemorrhoids, and equating shouting with "good" acting. :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

lastDays
Member Avatar

I still don't get what s so spectacular about Sami that she has two idiots fighting over her.Both should throw her off the pier :puke:
Edited by lastDays, Jul 15 2010, 03:50 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

lastDays
Jul 15 2010, 03:47 PM
I still don't get what s to spectaclar about Sami that she has two idiots fighting over her.Both should throw her off the pier
and there's that. especially stupified sami.
Goto Top

TINA222
Member Avatar

Im still baffled that fan bases fight over the heffer like she is the Holy Grail.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

HASdays
Jul 15 2010, 03:37 PM
SocRMum1
HASdays

he has me convinced, because Galen isn't Rafe, which one nasty mouthed EJAMI fan found out on twitter, lol. That was pretty funny.

Again...I just can't see it. That would require showing emotion of some sort. Evidence would indicate he doesn't have it in him. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

TINA222
Jul 15 2010, 03:55 PM
Im still baffled that fan bases fight over the heffer like she is the Holy Grail.
You and me both Tina. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

SocRMum1
Jul 15 2010, 04:01 PM
HASdays
SocRMum1

Again...I just can't see it. That would require showing emotion of some sort. Evidence would indicate he doesn't have it in him. :shrug:
The emotion is there, it's just not being spit at you Soap-style. :) I adore this character, I love his expressions, and I love the sarcastic snap Galen adds to him. I wish they'd actually let there be more Galen to Rafe. But there isn't, so we see he's acting, right?
Goto Top

mirabella

HASdays
SocRMum1
Quote:

The irony is not lost on the actor that Rafe leaving town pushed Sami and EJ together. “The whole reason he’s doing this is for her and the reason that they’re not together is because he’s been gone doing this for her,” sighs Galen, “ in addition to the fact that she feels he’s consumed by work and not tthere for her emotionally. What he’s doing as far as being consumed by work most of the time is for her and trying to solve this case. Certainly, I think he feels in the back of his mind that had he been in town, Sami and EJ wouldn’t be together, so he’s definitely conflicted on that level.”

Wait a second. Have I been watching a different show or something? Rafe and Sami split before he left town, right? And he's been doing all of this for Sami? Bullshit. He's been doing all of this to stroke his own bruised ego because he can't stand the fact that he wasn't able to bring Sydney home to Sami and play hero...again. Sami has never asked him to continue the hunt. Hell, she pretty much told him that all that mattered to her was the Sydney was back and was healthy and happy.

Quote:

To that end, Rafe heads to the DiMera manse, where he runs into Sami. “He says, ‘By the way, this great guy of yours, I don’t know if you’re aware, is talking to Nicole again and they have a secret truce. Did you know about that? Did you know where EJ was today and what he was doing?’ She just accuses him of being jealous.”

Nice. Gotta love that about Rafe. Always so professional. :rolleyes:

Quote:

But Rafe is still determined to uncover the truth and breaks into Nicole’s apartment, where he finds a coded diary. “It’s very James Bond-ish, “ chuckles Galen.

And legal! Because I'm sure it's not a violation of Nicole's rights or anything that this FBI guy breaks in to her apartment to snoop around without a warrant or anything official.

What is it about this guy that he always comes across as such a tool? The only thing missing is him knocking himself out cold when Nicole comes home and he needs to hide. :lol:

Thanks for posting, Angie!

What, he's going to fight fair against Nicole and EJ? hahaha...that's funny. THAT would be stupid.

Maybe they can give him Sami's brain and he can walk around screeching at everyone and sucking up every piece of BS flowing out of EJ's mouth.
ICAM! Isn't that exactly the advice that Shane gave Rafe just before he left Salem with Kim? He told Rafe that when you play with the Dimera's, you have think about not playing by the rules. Good advice, Shane! Looks like Rafe is going to follow it! Thank goodness! Bring the slimy snake down!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

HASdays
Jul 15 2010, 04:04 PM
SocRMum1
HASdays

The emotion is there, it's just being spit at you Soap-style. :) I adore this character, I love his expressions, and I love the sarcastic snap Galen adds to him. I wish they'd actually let there be more Galen to Rafe. But there isn't, so we see he's acting, right?
Okay...I'm trying to follow you here. Are you saying that GG is so dull on screen because that's what the character requires? So in his real life he's a barrel of laughs or something - and the fact that it doesn't come across on screen is because of his stellar acting?

Interesting. :huh:

I prefer to just enjoy the characters on screen and not worry about what the actors are like in real life. But maybe that's just me. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

mirabella
Jul 15 2010, 04:08 PM
HASdays
SocRMum1

ICAM! Isn't that exactly the advice that Shane gave Rafe just before he left Salem with Kim? He told Rafe that when you play with the Dimera's, you have think about not playing by the rules. Good advice, Shane! Looks like Rafe is going to follow it! Thank goodness! Bring the slimy snake down!
and that's what I've been saying too. You can't fight fair with scum like that, you have to bend rules. They surely aren't following any rules.

That old saying, "treat your dog like a human, and he'll treat you like a dog". That's what happens with the Dimeras.

oh, I like dogs, and my apologies to dogs everywhere. It's a very loose analogy.
Goto Top

ilovemydays

Thanks for posting the spoilers Angie!

"Rafe busts EJ and Nicole" That's an odd title choice, isn't that jumping the gun a bit? He finds a coded diary (lame, Nicole with a coded diary? When did she suddenly become possesed by the spirit of a 8 year old?)

OK, so maybe they are referring to Rafe overhearing EJ and Nicole's truce but that is far more believable than the truce EJ already has with Sami so I hardly see why that should send up alarm bells. Blackmail? Again, LAME. Shit, if Nicole wanted to blackmail EJ she already knews where the body was buried, or to be more specific, which morgue drawer it was held in.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

SocRMum1
Jul 15 2010, 04:13 PM
HASdays
SocRMum1

The emotion is there, it's just being spit at you Soap-style. :) I adore this character, I love his expressions, and I love the sarcastic snap Galen adds to him. I wish they'd actually let there be more Galen to Rafe. But there isn't, so we see he's acting, right?
Okay...I'm trying to follow you here. Are you saying that GG is so dull on screen because that's what the character requires? So in his real life he's a barrel of laughs or something - and the fact that it doesn't come across on screen is because of his stellar acting?

I prefer to just enjoy the characters on screen and not worry about what the actors are like in real life. But maybe that's just me. :shrug:
no....that's what you are determined to see. Maybe I'll use fewer words per sentence to help you understand.

Galen is a different person than Rafe is. That says that Galen is acting the character of Rafe.

Get it?

Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

HASdays
Jul 15 2010, 04:16 PM
SocRMum1
HASdays

no....that's what you are determined to see. Maybe I'll use fewer words per sentence to help you understand.

Galen is a different person than Rafe is. That says that Galen is acting the character of Rafe.

Get it?

Isn't that true of every character/actor on the show? Aren't they all different people from their characters? So aren't they all acting?

Just some are much better at it than...GG.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

SocRMum1
Jul 15 2010, 04:25 PM
HASdays
Jul 15 2010, 04:16 PM
SocRMum1

Get it?

Isn't that true of every character/actor on the show? Aren't they all different people from their characters? So aren't they all acting?

Just some are much better at it than...GG.

GG is completely selling the character of Rafe, and he's extremely popular, so he's doing his job, and doing it well. I'd say he's making JS sweat a bit for his spot on the show. :)
Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

lastDays
Jul 15 2010, 03:47 PM
I still don't get what s so spectacular about Sami that she has two idiots fighting over her.
I think this has alot to do with AS!

Rafe is right...if he weren't around instead of trying to bring Sydney's kidnappers to justice, there would be no EJ and Sami.
I love that he still hasn't given up. I love that he is bending the rules a bit to catch his man. I love that he is still playing the hero!
Figure it out, Rafe!! He reminds me a bit of Bo in that aspect.

GG isn't the best actor on the show, but he doesn't distract me with his over the top expressions and ridiculous hand motions/flappy hands, so I appreciate the subtleness of Galen. I'd rather watch him blend in than to cringe while he stands out!

This is moving and I'm liking it! Thanks for posting!

Oh, big eyeroll for the Nicole diary. Whatever!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic