Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Rafe Busts EJ and Nicole; July 27th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jul 15 2010, 01:39 PM (21,828 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

HASdays
Jul 15 2010, 04:28 PM
SocRMum1
Jul 15 2010, 04:25 PM
HASdays
Jul 15 2010, 04:16 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Isn't that true of every character/actor on the show? Aren't they all different people from their characters? So aren't they all acting?

Just some are much better at it than...GG.

GG is completely selling the character of Rafe, and he's extremely popular, so he's doing his job, and doing it well. I'd say he's making JS sweat a bit for his spot on the show. :)
Whether he's 'completely selling his character' or that he's 'extremely popular' are hard things to prove. It's clear he has fans - and that's great. But I can only speak from my perspective and my observations about comments about the character he plays and the performances he puts in.

Like I said, I'm not seeing it. He might be completely selling the character - if the character is supposed to be one note, dull and lacks emotion. And if that's the case, good for him. I'm just not sure why there would be a need to for it. But if that's what floats your boat, have at it. :peace:
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Rafe is a dumbass tool.

If GG is considered a great actor, I'm moving to Hollywood and screen testing tomorrow.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

I could say the same thing about AS.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Alligato
Jul 15 2010, 04:31 PM
lastDays
Jul 15 2010, 03:47 PM
I still don't get what s so spectacular about Sami that she has two idiots fighting over her.
I think this has alot to do with AS!

Rafe is right...if he weren't around instead of trying to bring Sydney's kidnappers to justice, there would be no EJ and Sami.
I love that he still hasn't given up. I love that he is bending the rules a bit to catch his man. I love that he is still playing the hero!
Figure it out, Rafe!! He reminds me a bit of Bo in that aspect.

GG isn't the best actor on the show, but he doesn't distract me with his over the top expressions and ridiculous hand motions/flappy hands, so I appreciate the subtleness of Galen. I'd rather watch him blend in than to cringe while he stands out!

This is moving and I'm liking it! Thanks for posting!

Oh, big eyeroll for the Nicole diary. Whatever!
exactly, AS really gets into the scenes.

I agree, the subtleness is great. That's how I get lost in Rafe, he really feels real (although I'm well aware he's not ;) , just fun to get lost in a character )
Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

SocRMum1
Jul 15 2010, 04:34 PM
HASdays
SocRMum1

GG is completely selling the character of Rafe, and he's extremely popular, so he's doing his job, and doing it well. I'd say he's making JS sweat a bit for his spot on the show. :)
Whether he's 'completely selling his character' or that he's 'extremely popular' are hard things to prove. It's clear he has fans - and that's great. But I can only speak from my perspective and my observations about comments about the character he plays and the performances he puts in.

Like I said, I'm not seeing it. He might be completely selling the character - if the character is supposed to be one note, dull and lacks emotion. And if that's the case, good for him. I'm just not sure why there would be a need to for it. But if that's what floats your boat, have at it. :peace:
and you hit it. It's your opinion, that doesn't make it gospel. It doesn't make you the majority opinion either.
Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Cerulean
Jul 15 2010, 02:35 PM
Galen should not even obliquely refer to his character as "James Bond-ish". :shame:
I think he meant the coded diary was James Bondish
Offline Profile Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Thanks for posting the spoilers Angie!

"Rafe busts EJ and Nicole" That's an odd title choice, isn't that jumping the gun a bit? He finds a coded diary (lame, Nicole with a coded diary? When did she suddenly become possesed by the spirit of a 8 year old?)

OK, so maybe they are referring to Rafe overhearing EJ and Nicole's truce but that is far more believable than the truce EJ already has with Sami so I hardly see why that should send up alarm bells. Blackmail? Again, LAME. Shit, if Nicole wanted to blackmail EJ she already knews where the body was buried, or to be more specific, which morgue drawer it was held in.

Maybe it's written in pig latin!! :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Nor did I claim to be the majority opinion. I think it was you who stated how 'extremely popular' GG is. I think he's got some vocal fans but who can judge how extreme that popularity goes?

Again...from what I see here and at other boards, the character of Rafe is widely referred to as dull and unemotional. GG's acting abilities are often dismissed as sub-par or non-existent. And I happen to agree with those opinions.

So...getting back to the article that started this thread...so Rafe is going to find out that EJ and Nicole have something on each other? And he's gonna crack the super sekrit code to get to the bottom of it? I wonder if he'll pull out his Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring to crack the code? Or maybe Lassie will come and help him pull Timmy out of the well...just as a side job?

That Rafe...he's such a hero-ey kind of guy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

SocRMum1
Jul 15 2010, 05:04 PM
Nor did I claim to be the majority opinion. I think it was you who stated how 'extremely popular' GG is. I think he's got some vocal fans but who can judge how extreme that popularity goes?

Again...from what I see here and at other boards, the character of Rafe is widely referred to as dull and unemotional. GG's acting abilities are often dismissed as sub-par or non-existent. And I happen to agree with those opinions.

So...getting back to the article that started this thread...so Rafe is going to find out that EJ and Nicole have something on each other? And he's gonna crack the super sekrit code to get to the bottom of it? I wonder if he'll pull out his Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring to crack the code? Or maybe Lassie will come and help him pull Timmy out of the well...just as a side job?

He will have more trouble with Nicole than he will with EJ. EJ was outsmarted by a rubber belly after all. It can't be that hard.
Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

I love Rafe the hero. He balances out EJ the baby killing fake hero asshole.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Alligato
Jul 15 2010, 05:10 PM
I love Rafe the hero. He balances out EJ the baby killing fake hero asshole.
:cheers:

EJ, always the bridesmaid, never the bride...
Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jul 15 2010, 05:04 PM

I would think he goes through FBI channels to crack it...I mean he is an FBI agent... and Tim, his FBI friend is seen on the 30th.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I have to laugh at the idea that Galen's fans are loud but few. ahhh, never ending amusement from these boards
Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Quote:

He will have more trouble with Nicole than he will with EJ. EJ was outsmarted by a rubber belly after all. It can't be that hard.
Oh, I don't know...it seems to me EJ has had him chasing his tail for 6 or 8 months now. I doubt we'll be lucky enough for Nicole to keep him spinning his wheels that long - but I'm all for it. :)

Quote:

I would think he goes through FBI channels to crack it...I mean he is an FBI agent... and Tim, his FBI friend is seen on the 30th.
So you think he'll go through proper FBI channels to crack the super sekrit code to the diary he obtained by illegally breaking in to his ex's ex's ex's home? Well if anyone could pull that off, it would definitely be SupeRafe.

Quote:

I have to laugh at the idea that Galen's fans are loud but few. ahhh, never ending amusement from these boards
I said it's clear he has vocal fans. I never gave any indication as to how many - or few - there are.

You seem really sensitive about the whole numbers thing. Why is that, I wonder?

Offline Profile Goto Top

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Gads, I love Galen. He is the MAN and believe me, ladies, I know about men LOL, having been married five times. You know about pheromones? Well, Galen can put it out even through the airwaves. Sami is a total nut, though and for the life of me, I can't see why he would be turned on my her, except maybe it's his big heart falling for her baby first and then her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

SocRMum1
Jul 15 2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:

Oh, I don't know...it seems to me EJ has had him chasing his tail for 6 or 8 months now. I doubt we'll be lucky enough for Nicole to keep him spinning his wheels that long - but I'm all for it. :)

EJ hasn't had him chasing his tail, that was Daddy ;) Rafe had his ice cubes clinking from a strong case of hand jitters.

Quote:

Quote:

So you think he'll go through proper FBI channels to crack the super sekrit code to the diary he obtained by illegally breaking in to his ex's ex's ex's home? Well if anyone could pull that off, it would definitely be SupeRafe.

yes!

love that guy

Quote:

Quote:

I said it's clear he has vocal fans. I never gave any indication as to how many - or few - there are.

I'm not sensitive about anything. This is all very funny. And there are plenty reading who will understand the joke, lol.

But just carry on. I'm sure super-RAfe will save the day and EJ will be left crying on Daddy's shirt about it all. Or maybe with Nicole.
Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jul 15 2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now I didn't say proper channels...haha
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Let me get this straight, Rafe was the one that broke it off with Sami and now he is upset that Sami is with EJ now. Sami would have never been with EJ if Rafe didn't break it off with her. Rafe is obsessed with the whole Sydney kidnapping storyline that he is beyond reasoning now. EJ Dimera, so of course he is going to be suspicious regardless if EJ Dimera did anything or not, but in this case he did. Emotionally, he really isn't there for Sami like a b/f should at this time, he is more focused on cracking the case on who kidnapped Sydney that he is willing to violate the laws to get his evidence. I think Sami is bad for Rafe because anybody who becomes that obsessed truly needs a life that outside of his supposed g/f and her children, which he is not the father of any of her kids, but he did try to illegaly adopt one and even that child wasn't biologically Sami, but it was Mia child with Chad.
Edited by Dakota, Jul 15 2010, 06:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

HASdays
SocRMum1
HASdays

Isn't that true of every character/actor on the show? Aren't they all different people from their characters? So aren't they all acting?

Just some are much better at it than...GG.

Wait, I thought that the show was an esssemble show, I am sure their could be more than one leading man on this show. We have so many from Peter Reckell to James Scott, and the list go on. I don't know about completedly selling the character of Rafe, whether he is extremely popular is debatable because most of the GA don't post on message board. He does have his fans, who their through thick and thin though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Dakota
Jul 15 2010, 06:06 PM
HASdays
SocRMum1

Wait, I thought that the show was an esssemble show, I am sure their could be more than one leading man on this show. We have so many from Peter Reckell to James Scott, and the list go on. I don't know about completedly selling the character of Rafe, whether he is extremely popular is debatable because most of the GA don't post on message board. He does have his fans, who their through thick and thin though.
I agree! :) about the ensemble cast.

And Rafe is the first hero they have had in a long time, and it was a gap they needed to fill in the show.

I actually think AS is extremely popular, but she's very good at selling herself to the fans. She's very receptive to them, and she really digs into the character when she plays Sami.

I think the show is fine with having EJ in it too, they need their villains, and he's great at being the villain. Just sometimes, the villain needs to get what's coming for him. Then he dusts himself off and goes off being villainous again.
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic