Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Rafe Busts EJ and Nicole; July 27th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jul 15 2010, 01:39 PM (21,524 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

miou07
Jul 18 2010, 07:28 PM
JERSoapsFan
Jul 18 2010, 07:24 PM
miou07
Jul 18 2010, 07:22 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Why would you suggest such a thing? You have an EJami avatar! :shame:
Aw, don't get upset. :)

Everyone here knows I am a diehard EJami fan, but it seems that mere mention of EJ, Sami, EJami causes much discomfort on DR.

I censor myself on this board. Many times, I'm about to post a thought and I delete it instead. Saves me from having to take a Prilosec for ensuing heartburn.

As you can see from my post count and the date when I joined, I'm not an EJami spammer.

All I'm saying is that if DR doesn't want EJami fans to post, stop posting items that draw them here. Other sites can pick them up, post them and deal with the ensuing conversation that the majority find so tiresome here.
The goddamn Ejamis are not the victims in all of this and seeing this being said so often is absolutely absurd, the reaction the Ejamis get most of the time is due to how so many Ejamis act towards others and it's not just at the DR. No fanbase will ever get their asses licked here all the time and sadly due to the behavior of so many Ejamis on this very board over the past couple of years it's made me not even like the couple.

Offline Profile Goto Top

daisy132

Miss Rhi
Jul 18 2010, 07:36 PM
miou07
daisy132
Jul 18 2010, 07:16 PM

Maybe the best solution is not to post articles or spoilers mentioning Sami or EJ. That would quiet things down.
You know I've also been tempted to have the articles posted, locked and pinned to the top of this section because of all the drama and ridiculous stuff that gets started and snowballs into exactly what this thread has. It pisses me off to no end that we have lost great posters this past year or more because all of this fanbase stuff has gotten so much worse. If I didn't love this place for the other things it offers besides Days coverage I would have quit long ago, instead I quit coming into this section as often because when I tried to do something about all of this foolishness a few months ago it started a big war and had people coming out playing the poor me victim card when their fanbase wasn't even named.

I have never wanted this place to ever have those kind of no bashers/only lovers type of threads and or sections. What I'm thinking of doing is starting a sub-section that would have threads devoted to most of the couples but would allow all kinds of posts and let people go to town in them. The problem is that I don't know if people would stay in them and would actually try and keep the drama that's erupted in this thread out of spoiler article threads in the future. It would take all of us to make something like what I described work.
Doesn't hurt to try... Not trying to be pessimistic, but I doubt it would work.... It's not working on NBC, and they have their site sectioned.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

SocRMum1
Jul 18 2010, 05:14 PM
HASdays
Jul 18 2010, 01:43 AM
JERSoapsFan
Jul 18 2010, 01:31 AM

What is this thread supposed to be about? That would be Rafe finding the notes from Nicole.

So why, then, are there posts and posts and posts singing the praises of EJ and complaining about how he is treated or how the writers and producers treat him within this thread? While I understand that I am also to blame for this thread going off topic, but honestly I 'm tired of this happening everywhere we try to have reasonable discussions. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to have them without these kinds of posts showing up with the sole purpose of derailing the discussion into a Pro-EJ discussion.
I have to say your perspective on this was surprising to me - that you believe EJami or EJ fans purposely come in to threads 'about Rafe' in order to turn the discussion into our favorite couple/characters. So I went back to the beginning of this thread and read through the first 5 or 6 pages and at least in the exchanges between the two of us you are actually the person who brought EJ up - repeatedly. My initial comments on the article and several after that talked specifically about the content of the article and my take on it. You tend to counter by bringing up EJ and trying to make comparisons.

I know the pattern continues several times throughout the thread but I'm on my way out to the hardware store...but if you disagree feel free to review for yourself. I doubt you will...but I'm just putting it out there. :shrug:
I went through the thread and Rafe.Galen bashing happened at about page 2, and it had very little to do with the spoilers. IT was really just sour grapes that he was being written to be closing in on EJ's lies.

The fact is, Rafe is written as the good guy, EJ as the villain. It's not remarkable that the writers might have Rafe actually get to the bottom of it and for EJ to go down. That would actually be expected in such a storyline.
Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Jul 18 2010, 07:45 PM
miou07
JERSoapsFan

Everyone here knows I am a diehard EJami fan, but it seems that mere mention of EJ, Sami, EJami causes much discomfort on DR.

I censor myself on this board. Many times, I'm about to post a thought and I delete it instead. Saves me from having to take a Prilosec for ensuing heartburn.

As you can see from my post count and the date when I joined, I'm not an EJami spammer.

All I'm saying is that if DR doesn't want EJami fans to post, stop posting items that draw them here. Other sites can pick them up, post them and deal with the ensuing conversation that the majority find so tiresome here.
The goddamn Ejamis are not the victims in all of this and seeing this being said so often is absolutely absurd, the reaction the Ejamis get most of the time is due to how so many Ejamis act towards others and it's not just at the DR. No fanbase will ever get their asses licked here all the time and sadly due to the behavior of so many Ejamis on this very board over the past couple of years it's made me not even like the couple.

:wub: and :rockon:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
miou07
JERSoapsFan

A Freaking MAN!!

I'm so tired of the poor me act. I've never seen in all my years of watching DOOL people pick on a fanbase. The fanbase gets treated like they treat others.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Miss Rhi
miou07
JERSoapsFan

Frustrating indeed.

While I would understand the frustration of not seeing the couple you want onscreen, that often goes well overboard.

The one banner with the "head" and the ridiculous picture of a character with graffiti on his face is indicative of that attitude.
Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Miss Rhi
Jul 18 2010, 07:36 PM
miou07
daisy132
Jul 18 2010, 07:16 PM

Maybe the best solution is not to post articles or spoilers mentioning Sami or EJ. That would quiet things down.
You know I've also been tempted to have the articles posted, locked and pinned to the top of this section because of all the drama and ridiculous stuff that gets started and snowballs into exactly what this thread has. It pisses me off to no end that we have lost great posters this past year or more because all of this fanbase stuff has gotten so much worse. If I didn't love this place for the other things it offers besides Days coverage I would have quit long ago, instead I quit coming into this section as often because when I tried to do something about all of this foolishness a few months ago it started a big war and had people coming out playing the poor me victim card when their fanbase wasn't even named.

I have never wanted this place to ever have those kind of no bashers/only lovers type of threads and or sections. What I'm thinking of doing is starting a sub-section that would have threads devoted to most of the couples but would allow all kinds of posts and let people go to town in them. The problem is that I don't know if people would stay in them and would actually try and keep the drama that's erupted in this thread out of spoiler article threads in the future. It would take all of us to make something like what I described work.
If that is what has to done, sectioning off an area for fanbase discussion of spoilers, I say, go for it.

I'm sorry this has become such a disagreeable place for you and for the other admins/owners of this site. I'm sure that I have in a way played a part, because I have in the past posted my share of posts that may have been viewed as pro-a couple simply because I was passionate about them. They were the only thing I liked about Days.
Goto Top

daisy132

HASdays
Jul 18 2010, 07:49 PM
SocRMum1
HASdays
Jul 18 2010, 01:43 AM

I have to say your perspective on this was surprising to me - that you believe EJami or EJ fans purposely come in to threads 'about Rafe' in order to turn the discussion into our favorite couple/characters. So I went back to the beginning of this thread and read through the first 5 or 6 pages and at least in the exchanges between the two of us you are actually the person who brought EJ up - repeatedly. My initial comments on the article and several after that talked specifically about the content of the article and my take on it. You tend to counter by bringing up EJ and trying to make comparisons.

I know the pattern continues several times throughout the thread but I'm on my way out to the hardware store...but if you disagree feel free to review for yourself. I doubt you will...but I'm just putting it out there. :shrug:
I went through the thread and Rafe.Galen bashing happened at about page 2, and it had very little to do with the spoilers. IT was really just sour grapes that he was being written to be closing in on EJ's lies.

The fact is, Rafe is written as the good guy, EJ as the villain. It's not remarkable that the writers might have Rafe actually get to the bottom of it and for EJ to go down. That would actually be expected in such a storyline.
Actor bashing is allowed here. You can defend Galen just like we defend James. Galen has a habbit of putting his foot in his mouth most of the time. He makes it easy.... :laugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

For what it's worth, what i've seen here is the mods and admins just let the convos fly without censorship. At the end of the day, you reap what ye sow in these threads.
Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Miss Rhi
miou07
JERSoapsFan

OK, that's enough.

I said nothing to warrant that kind of response from you. I didn't cuss you out. I didn't accuse you of anything. If anyone is playing the victim, it's not me.

I said, I accept this board as it is. I have tried to post with respect, not bash other people.

But it ends today.

Delete my membership from this board NOW.

There. One less that you have to deal with.
Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

daisy132
Jul 18 2010, 07:53 PM
HASdays
Jul 18 2010, 07:49 PM
SocRMum1

Actor bashing is allowed here. You can defend Galen just like we defend James. Galen has a habbit of putting his foot in his mouth most of the time. He makes it easy.... :laugh:
understood, but it had absolutely nothing to do with the interview or the spoilers and discussion therein. That was my point.
Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

HASdays
For what it's worth, what i've seen here is the mods and admins just let the convos fly without censorship. At the end of the day, you reap what ye sow in these threads.
It's the perfect example of thinking that mostly grown people can act like adults, respect others opinions and debate with others about what they don't agree on without things turning into name calling, insults and attacking people personally.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

miou07
Jul 18 2010, 07:40 PM
JERSoapsFan
Jul 18 2010, 07:30 PM
miou07

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepdiehard EJami fan, but it seems that mere mention of EJ, Sami, EJami causes much discomfort on DR.

You shouldn't censor yourself -- DR doesn't even allow censorship. That's a good thing.
Don't let some people get you down. Spread the EJami love! There's nothing to it --- this is not like SOME boards that squelch independent thought!
Don't worry about me. I'm fine about this. Seriously. I accept this board for what is it. Nothing more.

The main reason I stay on this here is because there's other information about soap operas that I do find interesting. But the discussions on the Days' board serve strictly as entertainment for me. I don't watch the show anymore, haven't since August 2009, but because I have an attachment to EJami and the actors who portray them, I still visit threads on various boards that talk about them. If I find something interesting, I'll say something - I'm what is known as a "drive-by" poster.

If James or Ali or both ever leave Days, my interest in these threads will be nil and I'll disappear. :)
EJAMIs post on this board every day all day without trouble. I don't know why this is being taken as something against the EJAMIs. "Man Clan" implies more than one man.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

miou07
Jul 18 2010, 07:55 PM
Delete my membership from this board NOW.
Done.

Anybody else?
Offline Profile Goto Top

daisy132

HASdays
It's what makes this board enjoyable. People are allowed to express their opinions, likes and dislikes without the fear of being suspended for not supporting "the right couple". Freedom of expression is what makes this board so enjoyable. I think that the mods go out of their way to please everyone. Not a bad thing.

If you want rules and fairness, go to Sony, but believe me, you don't get away with much there. That said, the discussions are always fair and balanced.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

The Sony board is ridiculous. I don't post there in part because it's quite clear to me that it's anything but "fair and balanced."
Offline Profile Goto Top

daisy132

Paxton
Jul 18 2010, 08:02 PM
The Sony board is ridiculous. I don't post there in part because it's quite clear to me that it's anything but "fair and balanced."
Well, like I said... If you want rules and no freedom of speech... ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Quote:

Fanbases become more loyal and grouped together because
they see they have allies in other posters, and things snowball. As long as they're not vicious
or malicious, I see no issue here. And if others are driven away because of the fanbases, well,
honestly, it's a free country, and I'd say that's their own problem.

When you constantly see what used to be a great discussion board become a board for pimping agendas and every time you try to have a decent conversation its gets skewed into talking about the same thing... though that might come without the mean words, the act is still malicious.

Its like someone's pissing on your favorite hangout spot then telling you: You don't like the smell, go somewhere else.

But it should be: how about you have enough sense and respect not to piss where other people like to play.

I should say I mean "you" in the general sense.
Edited by Aliaron, Jul 18 2010, 08:08 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

daisy132
Jul 18 2010, 08:04 PM
Paxton
Jul 18 2010, 08:02 PM
Well, like I said... If you want rules and no freedom of speech... ;)
Like all things, freedom isn't really free. The privilege of having the freedom the speak freely comes with inherent rights and responsibilities. You can have the right to speak, but you must also carry with that the responsibility to respect the rights of others.

Intimidation, whether done directly, or indirectly, limits others freedom to speak.

I can handle it rough and tumble, but I tend to rough and tumble when others do it to me. When someone speaks respectfully to me, I speak respectfully back. Not everyone wants to have the rough and tumble conversations, and would sooner not discuss at all.
This does limit other people's right to speak.
Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I think Rafe will find this information and keep dropping hints of what he knows on EJ and Nicole until one of them cracks and makes a mistake. It doesn't have to even be him that proves that EJ is the mastermind, someone else could happen across the right evidence, but he will make them shaky until they make a mistake.

Others are correct, Stefano is not someone to mess with, so he would be playing a VERY dangerous game and could end up in serious trouble this time.

Either way, the storyline does seem to be coming to a head, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic