Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Jay Kenneth Johnson interview; July 27th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Jul 15 2010, 02:20 PM (6,486 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

-He recently signed on for another year. “I’m very happy where I’m at. I have been working, which is good, and I have had a lot of fun doing it. DAYS is good, because it does allow for other opportunities, but at the same time, my dedication to DAYS is a full-time job, really.”

-He laughs off Phloe’s one-night stand. “It’s a lot different than the first time, huh? It’s been playing great. But I’ve been playing guilty for months. I’m looking for new tricks.”

-He wasn’t expecting the story to play out like it did, with Phillip going from Stephanie to Melanie so quickly. “I never can tell,” he shrugs. “I would probably do things differently as Jay, but you know how the storyline changes day to day. I was a little surprised to be paired with Melanie, but it was a nice surprise and I really enjoy working with Molly. She’s great.”

-Fans he’s met are divided about who the right woman for Philip is. “Molly and I got a candy tree the other day because we’re so sweet, I guess. The Stephanie and Phillip fans sent chocolate. I guess I’m doing something right. I think once that passion dissipates, that means I’m moving on. I probably won’t have a job.”

-He is reluctant to accept veteran Salem status. “When I’m working with the younger set, I sure feel like one, but I really think I’m in between. It’s not like I’m feeling like a veteran, but I guess I am when I hear that out loud. Wow: I need to talk lower (laughs).”

-He has enjoyed seeing Phillip evolve over the years, but says the character does still have a lot of the same problems. “I like playing the transformation, but sometimes I wish days in Salem were one day instead of 30. It’s hard to transform in slow motion.”

-The show has a lot of dark weeks and Jay admits it’s hard to sometimes stay in the heat of the plot. “You get momentum in a story and you hit that stride and then when you come back, you’re like, ‘Oh, right.’ That doesn’t happen every break, but I like to push through.”

-When he’s suited up as Phillip, Jay has a more casual look doing yard work and writing scripts and music. “I am living my life, “he shrugs. “I am working on career stuff – DAYS scripts, that takes a lot of time because there’s a lot of material.”

-He’s single, but sharing his life. “Here and there (laughs).” He would like to settle down if the right woman came along. “Cause I’m a veteran and this is what veterans do,” he cracks. “Absolutely I would. I don’t know that the future holds. I would settle down if I felt the urge to. But where is she?”

-As for his future in Salem, he says, “I am waiting for the end of this storyline to see what direction they’re putting Phillip into. I feel like he’s kind of on the cusp of something. I think all of this stuff flows up – which will be in a year probably – Phillip can go in many directions. Either way it will be fun.”

There is a part about his hair too. “ I am growing it out. I like myself with longer hair, but I don’t mind it short. I think the show likes it long and that’s the first time they’ve said that, so I don’t plan on cutting it anytime soon.” He looks at old photos and admits, “ I do look at some of those and I think, ‘Oh, my gosh, really? Steve Wyman was right.’ There were times I came in with five different colors. They weren’t too happy with me.”

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting - it's always fun to hear from Jay! :)

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dylan76
Member Avatar

Oh God, another year of him & his nasty hair.
AWESOME!!

lastDays
Member Avatar

"He would like to settle down if the right woman came along"

Media speak for "I'm gay"? Earlier today I was reading the gay actors in daytime threat in General discussion and some brought up how "I'm waiting for the right woman to come along" as a sign the actor is gay :laugh:

Cerulean
Member Avatar

Jay needs a haircut almost as badly as Philip needs a better storyline. :drunk:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sounds like Johnson wants to get away from the kids.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Jul 15 2010, 02:31 PM
Sure does LOL.

And a year? Didn't SOD say months ago he signed on for 4 more years? I knew that was weird. I don't blame him for signing only for a year because, as he stated, he wants to see where they go. I do think the end of this story may bring good things for Philip but he is wise to wait.

This was a good interview though. I guess people can stop blaming the show for his hair as it's clear he likes his hair as is. Personally, I do too but I also have hair like his so go figure LOL.

Sariah
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
I thought that too - and thought it funny that he mentioned the age difference.

I know JKJ loves his hair long, but I don't get why the show's in on that travesty. He needs to cut it ASAP.

And I'm hoping his flowing storyline takes him away from teenagers.

michelle
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Who can blame him? I want him away from the kids too! Especially, Strawberry Longstockings...I want him far far away from her. Blech.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

YAY! SOD interviewing some other people other then the person whom will be nameless!

I'm glad JKJ talked about losing the momentum when you go off long breaks in taping! It does sound that he wants to be challenged and notices the pace of this sl- which is killing everything on DAYS!

Thanks for posting!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Quote:

He wasn’t expecting the story to play out like it did, with Phillip going from Stephanie to Melanie so quickly. “I never can tell,” he shrugs. “I would probably do things differently as Jay, but you know how the storyline changes day to day. I was a little surprised to be paired with Melanie, but it was a nice surprise and I really enjoy working with Molly. She’s great.”

The storyline changes day to day ha? really? had no clue? lol....maybe we aren't the only ones getting fed up with Days. .....so what way was he expecting this story to play out? Phil would end up with Stephanie?

I'm glad that they interviewed someone else that hasn't been interviewed in a while....
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jul 15 2010, 03:35 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Yeah, I know what he means. I too was surprised at the pairing with Melanie. Also horrified, disgusted, appalled, nauseated, furious, etc. I'm pretty much in the acceptance stage of my grief, which admittedly was hastened along by the hair, of which I do not approve.

I love the interview--it really is nice to hear from Jay, since I like him and it's such a rarity that he's interviewed. Thanks for posting!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

So nice to hear from JKJ for a change. I was a little surprised to hear...okay...A LOT surprised to hear that he likes his hair long. Maybe if they would at least try to style it? Something? Anything?

It does sound like he'd like to get away from the youngsters. That would be awesome. I miss seeing Philip as a character I care about...these days, I tend to look right past him.

Thanks for posting!

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Cerulean
Jul 15 2010, 02:30 PM
Jay needs a haircut almost as badly as Philip needs a better storyline. :drunk:
Amen, & pass the offering plate!

Emily

Aww, c'mon. He looks gorgeous with that long hair.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Quote:

. I would settle down if I felt the urge to. But where is she?”

I'm right here, baby! :hug:

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. I loved hearing JKJ side of things.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Emily
Jul 15 2010, 05:33 PM
Not to me; that hair makes me think of Steve Nash:

Posted Image

And you never want anyone's hair to remind you of Steve Nash.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Posted Image

Emily

Paxton
Jul 15 2010, 07:38 PM
Emily
Jul 15 2010, 05:33 PM
Not to me; that hair makes me think of Steve Nash:

Posted Image

And you never want anyone's hair to remind you of Steve Nash.
But look at Sasha Vujacic :wub:

Posted Image

ooh, come to Mommy! :boobs: LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply