Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Lindsay Hartley fired! and Ty Treadway joins cast...
Topic Started: Jul 21 2010, 12:06 PM (34,071 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

I hope another soap picks Lindsay up. She could get work anywhere, even in primetime. She's an excellent actress, IMO. Unfortunately, Days wasted her in a dull-as-dishwater role and she never clicked with Martsolf's Brady.

I wonder if Arianna will be recast or if they'll write the character out altogether?

I'd love to see Lindsay turn up on Y&R. She would also fit in nicely at B&B, although that show is complete shit.

As for Ty Treadway... meh. He used to be really attractive when he was on OLTL but I bet he's gotten ugly with age, LoL. Just like John Callahan. And he was never the best actor.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lili
Member Avatar

What great news!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

DaysPossessed
Member Avatar

Now if the rest of the family would go...
Offline Profile Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

I hope thye kill her too...

LoL, i don't sound like someone who likes Ari.. but i do.
But since she is leaving, i hope she goes with a bang too...
And DOOL desperatly need some DRAMA!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

Wow, you mean to tell me they got rid one of the Passions crew! :shocked:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Kenny
Jul 21 2010, 12:23 PM
I wonder if Arianna will be recast or if they'll write the character out altogether?
Highly doubt they'd recast twice in such a short time. (She's not Charity Rahmer lol - far from it.)

I agree with those who said Days stirs the pot when ratings are down. Could be Corday, could be someone else. Of course, in true Days tradition, they're fixing everything besides the problem.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason

Galen Gering next please.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LovingDays

i think galen will be fired to its seems his never on lately thank god
Offline Profile Goto Top

lili
Member Avatar

DaysPossessed
Jul 21 2010, 12:26 PM
Now if the rest of the family would go...
WORD!!!! :cheers:
Offline Profile Goto Top

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

I would be happier if they let some of there writers go that can't write a good story any more. All we get is strife and more strife AWA sex and more sex and never any happy times.It isn't the acting/actors but the writers that ate falling flat on their face. It is time for an internal shake up if you ask me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Jul 21 2010, 12:32 PM
i think galen will be fired to its seems his never on lately thank god
Really? I haven't watched regularly for like a month. I need to catch up if he's barly on. :D :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

I'm stunned! I thought the title was a joke too - I'm really surprised to see she's been let go. I like LH, but this role was garbage from the beginning. I think she can probably do better. I hope the rest of the Hernandez clan is soon to follow.

Online Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

doolcrazy
Jul 21 2010, 12:33 PM
I would be happier if they let some of there writers go that can't write a good story any more. All we get is strife and more strife AWA sex and more sex and never any happy times.It isn't the acting/actors but the writers that ate falling flat on their face. It is time for an internal shake up if you ask me.
I don't think we've heard the last of the firings...this is only the beginning....

I feel bad for LH fans but I never really got into the character all that much....maybe they finally realize that putting too many new faces front and center on Days isn't working....
Offline Profile Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jul 21 2010, 12:19 PM
lysie
Jul 21 2010, 12:16 PM
DrewHamilton
Jul 21 2010, 12:15 PM
I'm actually really shocked by Hartley's firing. I wonder why they're getting rid of the character. I'll be sad to see her go. I like Arianna (and Gabi) more than I do Rafe, and he would be the first member of the family I'd get rid of. Plus, I really did enjoy the chemistry Hartley had with James Scott and I was excited for more EJ and Arianna scenes. What a disappointment.

As for Treadway, I'm sure this role is nothing at all and he will come and go in just a matter of weeks.
I don't know why I think this, but I kinda think we're going to be hearing about more people being let go soon. It's time for Days to start begging for attention again.
You may have something there. The ratings aren't doing as well as they were last year. Corday may have entered into the picture again. Could we be seeing the return of La Hall soon?
I have to say I'm surprised by this news. Hartley is a good actress but Arianna just wasn't a great character. I do wonder if this is to clear room to bring in some returning characters. However, I don't think its Hall. My guess would by Missy Reeves.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

LuvingLumi
Jul 21 2010, 12:39 PM
doolcrazy
Jul 21 2010, 12:33 PM
I don't think we've heard the last of the firings...this is only the beginning....

I feel bad for LH fans but I never really got into the character all that much....maybe they finally realize that putting too many new faces front and center on Days isn't working....
I didn't buy her as a former drug dealer, gang member, etc. Tyrell wasn't great, but she did that role better, at least the dark side of the character.
Goto Top

annie
Member Avatar

one Hernandez down, please Soap Gods there are two more, sorry for the actress but none of these characters made sense, poor jackass move by Tomlin. hope she finds something soon. wonder what prompted this decision.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

This must not be Tomlin's decision. LOL!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

peaches179

dc cubs
Jul 21 2010, 12:39 PM
I do wonder if this is to clear room to bring in some returning characters. However, I don't think its Hall. My guess would by Missy Reeves.

That's my guess. I think it's Missy, Marybeth and the actor who plays Bill.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Lindsay was completely miscast, the character mostly sucked once they started rewriting her as judgmental and glitterized, and the only person in the cast I ever saw her having any type of chemistry with was the young woman who plays Gabi. So, in that sense I'm not sorry the character is (presumably) leaving and not just being recast, but perhaps if the past had been better written and they had tested her around with other cast members more instead of EM maybe she would have been more popular. I wish her well in finding another job, if she wants one.

Add me to the list of those who wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more firings soon. The ratings have been sliding for months and I don't think it's all LH's fault.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jane1978

lysie
Jul 21 2010, 12:16 PM
DrewHamilton
Jul 21 2010, 12:15 PM
I'm actually really shocked by Hartley's firing. I wonder why they're getting rid of the character. I'll be sad to see her go. I like Arianna (and Gabi) more than I do Rafe, and he would be the first member of the family I'd get rid of. Plus, I really did enjoy the chemistry Hartley had with James Scott and I was excited for more EJ and Arianna scenes. What a disappointment.

As for Treadway, I'm sure this role is nothing at all and he will come and go in just a matter of weeks.
I don't know why I think this, but I kinda think we're going to be hearing about more people being let go soon. It's time for Days to start begging for attention again.
I think they are freeing money to pay for Missy. She wants to come back and she is not cheap. I was afraid there will have to be some hard choice to make and it was probably between Nadia and Lindsey. Sad to see her go, but the character was ill conceived and really never took off.

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic