Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Lindsay Hartley fired! and Ty Treadway joins cast...
Topic Started: Jul 21 2010, 12:06 PM (34,094 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Paxton
Jul 25 2010, 11:37 AM
I agree the show is bad as a whole. I tuned out entirely for most of the spring, removing the show from Tivo--in my individual case, that was virtually entirely because of EJami, but there are a lot of other reasons to hate the show too. I was resentful, for example, that the show managed to discover the one way that Philip and Chloe having sex would actually piss me off, as being nothing more than a cheap plot point that isn't ending Danloe or Phelanie nearly as fast as I'd like. PR being off screen for two months weakened Bo's relationship with Carly and dampened any investment I might have had in that triangle (I really don't care much who "wins" that one but I would have watched it if it were better). CC was left with the thankless job of being one of Salem's premier hypocrites and getting into Chloe's face every other minute. Yes, I'm sure there had to be some stretching and filler to prepare for Alice's memorial but it didn't have to be SO repetitive and badly written.

Although I'm relieved there has been some movement in all of the storylines, and in fact I did regain some interest in Nighttime Hope this past week, it may be too little, too late. To get back to the original topic of this thread, the cast in most cases (and certainly LH, even though the character of Arianna was snoozeville for me) is not the problem, the writing is.
Your last paragraph sums up what happens when Days loses 1 viewer. I tuned out on February, mainly because one of the last things holding me was ushered out of town and fast....I kept holding on while all my favorites left and the other characters didn't even resemble themselves anymore, so what is there to watch? NOTHING. Tivo off....Days lost viewers in March which it couldn't even gain back in June when the matriarch of the show died and that was promoted and thought to be a catalyst to attact viewers.....it didn't. When viewers get fed up, weather it be because of bad writing, insulting of our intelligence, shoving characters/couples down our throats, etc....the viewer needs something truly drastic to bring them back....I truly think Days is doomed, unless they re-vamp and bring back a lot of well known characters with history and give them good, thoughtful stories we won't get much of anything else and it'll get cancelled and the last epi will air in Sept of 2011.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jul 25 2010, 11:47 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

southernbelle
Member Avatar

Regarding Crystal Chappell...Except for the fact that she seems to be the sole breadwinner in her family right now, she probably wishes she would be let go. To go from portraying this fabulous, volatile, perplexed character of "Olivia Spencer" to this pathetic, boring, and basically useless character of "Carly Manning" has got to be almost humiliating for her. I feel embarrassed for her when I try to watch her scenes. It is almost painful. It seems like Crystal is simply phoning in her lines and basically going through the motions. There is no energy or excitement there. Did the powers that be know when they hired her that they were going to write her into a wall or were there originally big plans for her? :shame: :( What an insult that Crystal is having to participate her talent in this clusterfuck of a so-called "storyline". I hate it for her, but I think she needs the money right now. I'm sure this is the only reason she rejoined this show in the first place. I know she approached DOOL about coming back, but come on...they should have been more honest about her intended place on the show instead of surprising her with this vile pile of excretement that seems to be fed to her on a weekly basis...pitiful!!!
Edited by southernbelle, Jul 25 2010, 07:02 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Nevermind, I was tardy to that conversation.
Edited by mer4santo, Jul 25 2010, 07:33 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Oh, okay--then never mind my post too.
Edited by Paxton, Jul 25 2010, 07:35 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

;o)
Offline Profile Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i'm stunned they let lindsay go. she is a capable actress, so why they only really chem-tested her with brady is beyond me when there are a lot of males in her age range(and even out of it if they wanted to be daring and have some fun).

i quit watching the show a few months ago, and tuned back in friday to see the same shit going on that was going on when i quit watching--plus a very juvenile and pathetic ej/sami proposal. i wish corday would get the picture--this show needs more women in alison sweeney's age range--not less. i know he has a total hard-on for her and her character, and seems to think that every guy in salem should be falling all over himself to bang a washed-up whore with four kids, but i'm not interested. based on the ratings, not many others are interested either.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

luvpumpkns
Jul 31 2010, 06:01 AM
i'm stunned they let lindsay go. she is a capable actress, so why they only really chem-tested her with brady is beyond me when there are a lot of males in her age range(and even out of it if they wanted to be daring and have some fun).

i quit watching the show a few months ago, and tuned back in friday to see the same shit going on that was going on when i quit watching--plus a very juvenile and pathetic ej/sami proposal. i wish corday would get the picture--this show needs more women in alison sweeney's age range--not less. i know he has a total hard-on for her and her character, and seems to think that every guy in salem should be falling all over himself to bang a washed-up whore with four kids, but i'm not interested. based on the ratings, not many others are interested either.
Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) coming back in November, Stacy Haiduk coming in September, Robin Mattston coming in October. If there's one thing this show doesn't need is another Sami character :puke:
Offline Profile Goto Top

dooldooldool

Logan2010
Jul 24 2010, 10:03 PM
Which version of Arianna does everyone like the most: Felisha Terrell's or Lindsay Hartley's?
Hmmm, maybe Arianna Version 3.0.

I predict a recast. Perhaps we all jumped to the conclusion that the actress was let go for storyline purposes when it could be work habits, chemistry, cost, height, or some other non-storyline reason.
Edited by dooldooldool, Jul 31 2010, 06:05 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

dooldooldool
Jul 31 2010, 06:04 AM
Logan2010
Jul 24 2010, 10:03 PM
Which version of Arianna does everyone like the most: Felisha Terrell's or Lindsay Hartley's?
Hmmm, maybe Arianna Version 3.0.

I predict a recast. Perhaps we all jumped to the conclusion that the actress was let go for storyline purposes when it could be work habits, chemistry, cost, or some other non-storyline reason.
I hope not, I hope they kill her off. I'm disgusted they recasted Gabi. I want the Hernandez crew gone, and they already recasted Arianna why do it again?
Offline Profile Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Jul 31 2010, 06:03 AM
If there's one thing this show doesn't need is another Sami character :puke:
lol, no--god no--not another character like sami--just more in her age range.i was hoping they'd do something interesting with arianna and ej--even if it was just ej using ari to make sami jealous. they really need to do more couple switching. i mean, you don't have to take it to y&r extremes, but it is a little-- scratch that--a lot--ridiculous that two attractive guys like james scott and galen gering are tied romantically to sami and sami alone.

i am pleased to hear the good news about missy, and plan on tuning in for her return to see if they give her something good to work with.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

luvpumpkns
Jul 31 2010, 06:11 AM
CaseyLovesDays
Jul 31 2010, 06:03 AM
If there's one thing this show doesn't need is another Sami character :puke:
lol, no--god no--not another character like sami--just more in her age range.i was hoping they'd do something interesting with arianna and ej--even if it was just ej using ari to make sami jealous. they really need to do more couple switching. i mean, you don't have to take it to y&r extremes, but it is a little-- scratch that--a lot--ridiculous that two attractive guys like james scott and galen gering are tied romantically to sami and sami alone.

i am pleased to hear the good news about missy, and plan on tuning in for her return to see if they give her something good to work with.
Oh sorry that's what I thought you meant with the age thing. If they do that they should bring on more Horton's/Brady's.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I hated the first Arianna, she was way too boring.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Criss33
Member Avatar

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already but i couldn't go through ll the pages! The new doctor (Ty Treadway) who's storyline will he be involved in and does anyone know if he is a long term role or just a few episodes?? Thanks
Offline Profile Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Criss33
Sep 13 2010, 04:54 PM
Sorry if this has been asked and answered already but i couldn't go through ll the pages! The new doctor (Ty Treadway) who's storyline will he be involved in and does anyone know if he is a long term role or just a few episodes?? Thanks
It's supposed to be short term, it could be extended for storyline purposes if needed though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Criss33
since he appears thursday, I'm really thinking EJ
Online Profile Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

luvpumpkns
Jul 31 2010, 06:01 AM

I think they wanted to recreate Ethan and Theresa from Passions, which is why FT was fired and a lot of people were up in arms about it. Sad to see anyone lose their job, but LH was miscast as Arianna, and my best friend said she tried to play it too much like her character on Passions. From what I gather she was obsessed and said fate a lot and played it like she was a victim, but she did so many bad things that it would be difficult to see her as a victim and a heroine, but I am only going by what my best friend said.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Criss33
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Sep 13 2010, 05:04 PM
Criss33
It's supposed to be short term, it could be extended for storyline purposes if needed though.
Thank you :smile:

I did see a picture of him talking to Sami before she pulls the plug.
right crookedhalo he will be in the EJ s/l!!!
Someone on another board was saying they will put him in the Nathan/Mel/Carly s/l?????

Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Please do not bump old threads like this. The question could have been asked in the Spoiler threads or a relevant SOD article thread. Please continue to discuss the upcoming storyline in those places. Thanks!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic